April 18, 2014 | 929 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by hystericalredhead

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG cleanser! Nothing else would clear my skin.

--------
DID YOU KNOW? Your acne cream/wash could be making your skin worse?? If you're like me, salicylic acid treatments will actually make your acne worse! benzoyl peroxide products are all that will work for me, but you can have the opposite problem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

although this is not an every day, must-have product for me, i seem to always have a tube of it around. i mainly use it when my skin is at its lowest and worst--clogged, broken out, oily. i guess this is like my emergency mask! after taking a shower, i apply a thick layer of it over my whole face and let it dry completely. i then use a washcloth to kind of gently scrub it off. the difference isnt 'hold onto your seat' dramatic, but blemishes really do seem smaller, pores a little clearer and skin extra clean and calmer overall. the bp in this is at a fairly low strength, 2.5%, but you should still avoid using it on overly dry or dehydrated skin. this is a product that i will definitely continue to buy and is a good weapon to have in your arsenal.

update: i just wanted to add that this past weekend, my skin was absolutely awful. on saturday night i used this, left it on for like 15 minutes and used acne.org's bp overnight. in the morning, my breakout was GREATLY reduced, blemishes were flattened and overall texture was less bumpy. it really speeds up the elimination of breakouts and for that reason i will always have it around!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

No adverse affects. Though, I hate the menthol. It just didn't do anything. It didn't clear me up, but it didn't cause breakouts. I used this twice a week as a mask, and yea...nothing. I didn't like it as a cleanser, though it does lather pretty nicely, so if you're looking for a benzyol peroxide cleanser that lathers, then you may like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I have been using on and off for a few years now. I used to mix with aspirin but my skin has gotten more sensitive and drier lately. Right now I am washing in the PM with my PC n/o cleanser and then dry my face and then massage in some grapeseed oil for 5-10 min. I then put this mask on top of grapeseed oil and let sit for another 10 min and then rinse. The grapeseed oil seems to help the mask suck things out and also not be as drying as it would normally be.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2008 5:10:00 AM More reviews by laurennyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

With a name called 'Clear Pore' you'd think this product would clear your pores. Guess again, it's just a fancy gimmic to lure you into buying the product. Did not clear my pores. Left my skin dry - the kind of dry that feels like your skin is almost desperate for moisture. Would not use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by sbprincess21

I mainly use this as a once or twice a week deep cleaning "mask" treatment (especially in the summer time when my skin is super oily!), OR as a face wash when I need my skin to be super deep cleaned after those hot, sweaty days. It washes off all of that make up gunk, and leaves my skin feeling fresh and the absolute cleanest it could be. I couldn't use this on a daily basis though as it would dry my skin out something terrible, but as a every now and then "super" cleanser, a nightly cleanser, or a weekly face mask it is PERFECT!

What I love most about this product is how it literally makes my blackheads disappear like nothing else. It's a good face wash to have on hand when you feel like your regular cleanser just isn't enough, and you need something a little stronger-which we ALL know sometimes we need from time to time. It definitely helps my skin with oil control.

This is the face wash that I mostly turn to in the summer time, and especially when my acne begins to flare up, it catches those break outs and nips them in the bud because it cleanses sooo deep into your pores. I can use this mask at night when I feel my skin beginning to misbehave, follow up with my typical acne treatment, and it helps A LOT!

For me, it's one of those face washes I always have on hand when my skin needs that extra extra cleansing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by PinkEssentials

I have very oily/acne prone skin and thought this product would work for me.I didnt like this cleanser at all. It didn't do anything to control my breakouts, didn't really help control oil and lastly, it made my face itch like crazy! I am not allergic to BP, and my face never itched from using any other other product w/ BP. This just did not work well with my skin. For some reason, I thought that using this product as a mask, would help smooth out my skin's texture, but it didn't do that either. The price is fairly decent at 6.99 but of course, I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by varga100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as my nightly cleanser. I feel really clean and fresh when I wash it off. I rarely ever have breakouts anymore (though I use a combination of products so I can't give complete credit to the pore cleanser), so I will continue to purchase. I've gone through two tubes so far and unless this suddenly becomes ineffective for me in the future this will have a permanent place in my medicine cabinet. I also use this as a mask once or twice a week. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I really like this mask. I use it about three times a week and usually more at that time of the month. It also works well for me in the summer to control my oil. I can use as a mask for about 10 minutes in the morning and then put on my make up. I am on my second tube!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by loovexemilyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never really use masks all that often. I used this just hours ago. Before it was completely dry I felt my skin get tight and burn. I washed it off. And every single area I put it was bright red. I was shocked. I have no where near sensitive skin, at all! When I touch the areas I put the mask on, it feels warm, as apposed to the areas where I didn't, and they feel normal. It feels like I got sunburn. Oh well. Whatever.