November 24, 2014 | 1789 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by LeeLee1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product works very well with my large-pored, oily/combination skin (I do not have sensitive skin)

I've been using it for a few years, and it's the only product I've used that visibly helps to clear/diminish the appearance of the blackheads on my nose and chin (only place I've had an issue with blackheads so far). This product has not made my skin peel or flake and has not made it dry.

I use this product as a mask. I apply it on my nose and chin in the morning, wait about 5 minutes, then rinse off. I follow with Neutrogena Visibly Even Foaming Cleanser (which I use morning and night) and cleanse my face and neck.

(See my Notepad for my complete skincare routine.)

NOTE: If you have sensitive skin you might want to think twice before purchasing this product (or any product before researching the ingredients or checking with a dermatologist). This one contains Benzol Peroxide (sp?), and judging from some of the previous reviews it has irritated some people's skin. I know from experience that I can put just about anything on my skin and it may not work out well, but the reaction won't be extreme.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the most part Neutrogena products are just okay for my skin, but I really hit the jackpot with this cleanser/mask combo.
My sister first gave me this when I visited her over winter-break and I;ve been using it since on a once weekly basis in the shower. I let it sit on my skin for about a minute or two when I work in the conditioner, and then I massage off- so it's like I'm using it as a mask and then as a cleanser. I notice a more even skin tone and much lower clogged pores, which is great. Right now I'm living overseas, so I wouldn't be so stingy with application if it wasn't my only tube. Definitely a staple when I get back home.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by calicosteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product! I was using Proactiv for a while before I found this, and I think my skin was becoming immune to Proactiv. I went to the skin i.d. website and researched my skin type and what products would be recommended for me. It recommended a BP cleanser/mask and I managed to find Neutrogena's OTC Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. It's the exact same product recommended on the website, but for lots cheaper. Skin i.d. is such a ripoff if you buy straight from that website btw, so jot down their recommendations and go out and look for similar products.

The product itself: It's creamy, no harsh smell, and feels amazing on the skin. This works so much better than Proactiv since it actually CLEANS your face and there's no irritation. This also works well to control acne and oily skin; my skin has definitely been better since using this. I use it daily as a cleanser and keep it on my face while I'm showering or brushing my teeth. This has a cooling effect as well and makes my skin feel fresh after using it. It's never overdrying and makes my skin soft. This is probably the best cleanser I've ever used!! Definitely my HG cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by drummagirl65

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this everyday when I was younger, because my skin could take it. Since then, I started trying out other products (not because this didn't work, but because I just wanted to see if there was anything better out there) and eventually forgot about this. Thanks to MUA, I found this product again & I wonder why I ever stopped using it! My skin responds well to benzoyl peroxide, so this is great when I'm breaking out. I don't use this everyday like I used to, since my skin has changed a little and it would dry me out. I wash my face with this before bed (and use a less drying cleanser in the morning), and my face feels so soft and clean. The mask is great for my pimples and for a deep clean for my whole face. I wouldn't recommend this to someone with dry or sensitive skin, but if your skin reacts well to benzoyl peroxide, this product is for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

All I can say is OMG OMG OMG! This is the single worst product I have EVER put on my face. If you have sensitive skin, BEWARE! I put this on and after leaving on for about a minute or so, I started feeling an itchy, burning sensation. After washing it off, my face was BRIGHT RED! I looked like i had the worst sunburn of my life! My skin was a deep dark red that can only be described as tomato-like. And it burned like the dickens. What's more? I did this the night before my first day of college. Total panic set in. Luckily it went away by morning, but it was a horrible experience and was enough to turn me off of ALL Neutrogena products for life in lieu of it happening again. I don't know if I was just allergic to an ingredient or my skin is just too sensitive for it, but for the sake of your skin, be VERY cautious of this product. I would NEVER buy this product again...not even if you paid me!

ADDITION: I just read the other product reviews and apparently I am not the only one who had the "sunburn" problem. Be very careful and read the reviews of those that gave it low ratings before purchasing...that is...if you value your skin...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

As far as pore cleaning goes, I haven't seen any significant differences.
The active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide, so this is more suitable for oily skin since the ingredient could be very drying.
Using this daily dries my skin out, so I opt for every other day or every two days, using it as a mask: it has a very cooling feel to it; almost refreshing if it wasn't so "tight" but that's how most masks are.
I'd say this is good for acne treatment every now and then, but everyday use ... Eh

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by merupi

This is a very well cleanser and a mask. it gets rid of my acne like no other. maybe even too well. I purchased this a year ago when the prices were lower. it raised up! damn. well it's worth it. i had ugly acne, everywhere. blackheads severely around my nose and big bumpy acne on my forehead. i used this and got results in a week. i somehow lost the product and bought other cleansers from neutrogena (the Deep Clean line). i was convinced these were good too because by then i actually forgot how good this pore cleanser was. i had acne where i never had them- on my cheeks and my chin! and blackheads on my nose were reappearing. what was happening!? is it just my makeup?
recently i found my pore cleanser mask again. wow, a whole year later! i opened it and the product dried around the opening. i washed the cap and the cream was still like it was before, when i bought it. i used it and honestly, the little acne bumps on my cheeks disappeared RIGHT after cleansing. not a Get results the following day!, but a 5 minute cleansing! oh by the way. it freaking Burned my face that night. i endured it, but got good results, haha. the second time i used it, it burned a little, and the third time- none at all. BUT! there have always and forever will be that very cool, refreshing feel to it afterwards. it's almost too strong for me (not smell). but i have great results! i am buying again. i hope they don't discontinue this...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Skin type: normal/dry, acne-prone and resistant.

I purchased this cleanser on a whim from my local Priceline store for around $11 (AUD).

Like my experience with most of the other Neutrogena cleansers I have tried, I wasn’t pleased. The texture of this cleanser is lightly creamy (almost milky) and has a slightly grimy feel to it. On application it feels refreshingly tingly and it does clean my skin very well, a little too well as it stripped my skin causing it to produce more oil than normal. After prolonged use my skin became red and dehydrated due to the BP, I will not be repurchasing.

Product details:
Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask is a breakthrough acne-fighting formula that can be used two ways:
As a Daily Cleanser to kill the bacteria that can cause blackheads and breakouts. Gently massage the rich creamy lather over skin and rinse with water.
As an Intensive Mask for deep cleansing and extra oil control. Smooth an even layer over skin, allowing the formula to penetrate for up to 5 minutes before rinsing with water. You'll feel it's cooling intensity build as it penetrates into the pores.

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment)
Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

I really, really like this cleanser. It is easy to wash off and leaves my face feeling so clean! I love how it can be used as both a quick cleanser and then a 5 minute mask. It definitely cleans my pores and helps with breakouts. I also like the cooling sensation it leaves on my skin. HG status.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kibrisli

I love this cleanser/mask. I love how it feels on my face, a fresh clean tingling feeling and the mask is great. I have sensitive skin and im so happy i found this product. I tried many other brands and they would make me break out. I use the mask 2-3 times a week depending on how oily my skin gets. I love this cleanser/mask.