Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray

3.4

Water, Magnesium Sulfate, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Isoceteth-20, Citric Acid, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Fragrance

on 7/27/2003 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think this is the single worst hair product I've ever used. I have fine long hair and love the idea of having 'beach hair.' John Frieda Beach Blonde Ocean Waves (although it smells bad as well,) works much better and costs much less. This product made my hair very sticky and dry, like I had sprayed it with way too much Aqua Net hairspray. I couldn't comb it out and there was no way to get it back to its normal texture. Also, the smell isn't very appealing - it really smells like salt air on the beach, and I could be imagining but I could swear I detect a faint note of fishyness! My advice is: don't waste your money. Go for the John Frieda instead.

on 7/23/2003 10:19:00 AM

Ugh!! I have very thick, slightly wavy hair, and when I'm at the beach or caught in the rain my hair gets really great curls. I was hoping to get the same effect with this product, but instead I got big frizzy tangles.

on 7/10/2003 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I have a slight natural wave to my hair, so I was excited about this product and giving me a beachy look!
Was I disappointed! It dried my hair out and knotted it up rather than give me sexy beach waves! Same your money and get John Frieda's Ocean Waves, works a lot better and smells good too!

on 7/2/2003 7:53:00 PM

This turned my fine, wavy hair into a gigantic fuzzball, but it might work for girls with straight hair. The biggest drawback is the smell. It DOES smell like the beach . . . at low tide.

on 6/20/2003 7:42:00 PM

I wanted to love this but I think it may be one of the worst products I've used on my hair. My hair is wavy, and I wanted something to enhanced the waves a bit and make them messy. Instead, my hair ended up looking big and frizzy and felt terrible. It was tangly and dry. I had to end up pulling it back in a pony tail since it looked so bad.

on 6/10/2003 12:02:00 AM

I have straight, baby fine hair, and this makes me look like I have wavy, normally textured hair. No lie. My boyfriend is amazed whenever I use this stuff, "Where did you get curls??" I do find that it makes my hair a little bit tangled, but I'm willing to put up with that one minor flaw in the quest to actually have some hair texture!

on 6/9/2003 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tend to only review products I love or hate but this one I love *and* hate. I have very thick hair that I straighten and I've been using this to give it that messy look after straightening. It gives me the desired look (mostly by adding a little texture) but boy does it make my hair tangly and coarse-feeling. I wouldn't buy this again but will definitely finish the bottle.

Oh, I was reminded after reading the review below mine that it DOES make a great hair freshener. My hair is very dry so I don't shampoo everyday. This seems to take away any not-so-fresh hair smells.

LOVE THIS!!! Gives my hair great texture. As an added bonus, it actually seems to keep the root/scalp greasies away. :-)

on 5/4/2003 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is a joke! I haven't used it in months because it doesn't work---it just makes your hair sticky and dry...it doesn't give you that super-thick, tousled, defined curl that you get from the Real Thing. Don't fall for it, people. Well, maybe if your hair is fine and a little wavy...but people with dry, wavy thick hair...BEWARE!

on 3/20/2003 9:23:00 AM

Just got this in a swap and it's quickly becoming my favorite product. My fine, flat-as-a-pancake hair turns into bouncy, volume-y hair after just a few spritzes of this. I don't notice any scent with this, and if I layer it over Prep it doesn't dry my hair at all. Rave!

Popular Styling Products