Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray

3.5

Water, Magnesium Sulfate, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Isoceteth-20, Citric Acid, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Fragrance

on 6/20/2003 7:42:00 PM

I wanted to love this but I think it may be one of the worst products I've used on my hair. My hair is wavy, and I wanted something to enhanced the waves a bit and make them messy. Instead, my hair ended up looking big and frizzy and felt terrible. It was tangly and dry. I had to end up pulling it back in a pony tail since it looked so bad.

on 6/10/2003 12:02:00 AM

I have straight, baby fine hair, and this makes me look like I have wavy, normally textured hair. No lie. My boyfriend is amazed whenever I use this stuff, "Where did you get curls??" I do find that it makes my hair a little bit tangled, but I'm willing to put up with that one minor flaw in the quest to actually have some hair texture!

on 6/9/2003 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tend to only review products I love or hate but this one I love *and* hate. I have very thick hair that I straighten and I've been using this to give it that messy look after straightening. It gives me the desired look (mostly by adding a little texture) but boy does it make my hair tangly and coarse-feeling. I wouldn't buy this again but will definitely finish the bottle.

Oh, I was reminded after reading the review below mine that it DOES make a great hair freshener. My hair is very dry so I don't shampoo everyday. This seems to take away any not-so-fresh hair smells.

LOVE THIS!!! Gives my hair great texture. As an added bonus, it actually seems to keep the root/scalp greasies away. :-)

on 5/4/2003 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is a joke! I haven't used it in months because it doesn't work---it just makes your hair sticky and dry...it doesn't give you that super-thick, tousled, defined curl that you get from the Real Thing. Don't fall for it, people. Well, maybe if your hair is fine and a little wavy...but people with dry, wavy thick hair...BEWARE!

on 3/20/2003 9:23:00 AM

Just got this in a swap and it's quickly becoming my favorite product. My fine, flat-as-a-pancake hair turns into bouncy, volume-y hair after just a few spritzes of this. I don't notice any scent with this, and if I layer it over Prep it doesn't dry my hair at all. Rave!

on 3/13/2003 10:05:00 AM

This is such a cool product! I have fine, wavy hair and this spray manages to make my hair look like I was born with a thick mane of awesome curls! I just spray some on, flip my head over to blowdry on low, scrunch and that's it. The things I don't like though is that it's REALLY (!!) hard to comb out and it dries the hair out big time. I only use it on special occasions.

on 3/11/2003 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've gone through many bottles since my ex-roommate, a hair stylist, got me hooked on it. Both of us had straight, sort of fine hair, and until this I was forever searching for something to keep my hair in some sort of shape. I spray on a little all over, when my hair is still damp, comb it through quickly, and let the blow-dryer rip-- magic! My hair maintains it's "natural" body all night, without looking like I did a single thing. it is a tad drying, but i'm a conditioning freak anyway so I never have a problem.

on 2/19/2003 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product-for some reason it doesn't dry out my hair at all. It made me love my curls again. Sprtizing this on my towel-dried hair and scrunching every once in a while as it air-dried gives me perfect, matte, piecey beach curls. Smells fresh, too.

on 2/14/2003 2:43:00 PM

I bought this stuff a few years back to give me that tousled beach hair look (which I'm beginning to think can only be accomplished at the beach). This product just dried my hair out. Big time. And I don't like the way it smells. On the plus side, it's nice to be able to spray a product into your hair. So the packaging is okay. That is actually just about the only good thing about this product.

Popular Styling Products