January 30, 2015 | 1115 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Surf Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2003 10:05:00 AM More reviews by ALim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a cool product! I have fine, wavy hair and this spray manages to make my hair look like I was born with a thick mane of awesome curls! I just spray some on, flip my head over to blowdry on low, scrunch and that's it. The things I don't like though is that it's REALLY (!!) hard to comb out and it dries the hair out big time. I only use it on special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2003 2:56:00 AM More reviews by mistycamaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone through many bottles since my ex-roommate, a hair stylist, got me hooked on it. Both of us had straight, sort of fine hair, and until this I was forever searching for something to keep my hair in some sort of shape. I spray on a little all over, when my hair is still damp, comb it through quickly, and let the blow-dryer rip-- magic! My hair maintains it's "natural" body all night, without looking like I did a single thing. it is a tad drying, but i'm a conditioning freak anyway so I never have a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2003 3:40:00 AM More reviews by ouisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product-for some reason it doesn't dry out my hair at all. It made me love my curls again. Sprtizing this on my towel-dried hair and scrunching every once in a while as it air-dried gives me perfect, matte, piecey beach curls. Smells fresh, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by annas

I bought this stuff a few years back to give me that tousled beach hair look (which I'm beginning to think can only be accomplished at the beach). This product just dried my hair out. Big time. And I don't like the way it smells. On the plus side, it's nice to be able to spray a product into your hair. So the packaging is okay. That is actually just about the only good thing about this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Ma

Tried it once. Doesn't really do much for me, but maybe it was because i was using it wrong or something however it smells really good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2002 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mariam1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Other

For fabulous, sea-swept hair, this is the product. It gives my naturally curly hair an unbelievably cool texture, exactly how it is after a post-ocean swim. I get beautiful bouncy curls, though it doesn't do much for frizz. To combat this, I use a defrizzing product in addition to Surf Spray. The smell is kinda wierd too, but for the results, I'll deal with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2002 4:39:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for summer! Smells pretty good and it does the trick BUT BEWARE, too much and it will dry your hair out worse than the ocean and sun would! Use sparingly and it'll work! Bonus, it washed out very easily for me w/out tangling my hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2002 9:25:00 PM More reviews by StilaLover

Hmm...kay, well im not sure what i did wrong, but it just made my hair look dry and white trash frizzy like. no good. I'm sure i'll swap this away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2002 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

Sprayed onto damp, uncombed hair, and scrunched in, this encourages whatever latent waves you have to form, and holds them. Unfortunately, just like seawater, it has a dulling and drying effect on the hair, and can make the scalp itchy and flaky. It's also somewhat sticky and hard to comb out. Great for a temporary wavy look, but potentially damaging if used regularly. The various silicon wax/gel curl revivers now available do the same job a lot more gently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2002 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Daisy

I love this stuff! At first I followed the directions and just sprayed it in my hair, and let it air dry...and it didn't do anything. The next time I used it, I blow dried my hair...and it worked! It's completely amazing what this does. I have fine, wavy hair, and this made it look just like I had been on the beach. I think it made my blonde hair even lighter, too. I'd definitely re-purchase.