September 2, 2014 | 1784 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Surf Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2002 4:39:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for summer! Smells pretty good and it does the trick BUT BEWARE, too much and it will dry your hair out worse than the ocean and sun would! Use sparingly and it'll work! Bonus, it washed out very easily for me w/out tangling my hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2002 9:25:00 PM More reviews by StilaLover

Hmm...kay, well im not sure what i did wrong, but it just made my hair look dry and white trash frizzy like. no good. I'm sure i'll swap this away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2002 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

Sprayed onto damp, uncombed hair, and scrunched in, this encourages whatever latent waves you have to form, and holds them. Unfortunately, just like seawater, it has a dulling and drying effect on the hair, and can make the scalp itchy and flaky. It's also somewhat sticky and hard to comb out. Great for a temporary wavy look, but potentially damaging if used regularly. The various silicon wax/gel curl revivers now available do the same job a lot more gently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2002 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Daisy

I love this stuff! At first I followed the directions and just sprayed it in my hair, and let it air dry...and it didn't do anything. The next time I used it, I blow dried my hair...and it worked! It's completely amazing what this does. I have fine, wavy hair, and this made it look just like I had been on the beach. I think it made my blonde hair even lighter, too. I'd definitely re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2001 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Tori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is a fun product, but living at the beach I don't always want to look like I've been to the beach. The only times I have worn this is to the beach so I didn't look too done up LOL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2001 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Julie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. It makes my waves very pretty and although I don't like how expensive it is and I probably wouldn't repurchase, but the bottle is so cute that I will fill it with water and use it on my hair as a spritzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2001 1:59:00 PM More reviews by dana

Surf Spray is a fun idea and concept. It is definitely not a nessecity. The salt infused spray gives the hair a sexy wind blown look. I use this mainly during the summer to maintain a "beachy" kind of look. Or just to give the hair a bit of texture (great for fine hair). Check Bumbleandbumble.com for more info on where to buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2001 5:07:00 PM More reviews by messy

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Maybe my hair is just too fine, thin, absorbent, or something like that. I swear this does NOTHING for me, adds no texture, no body. Just a smell. It's like oceany-smelling perfume for the hair and who needs that?

(I use Kusco-Murphy's Beach Hair instead, it rocks and smells better too!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2001 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Julie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! I have curly/wavy hair and this makes it look so cool, very beachy! It gives curly or wavy hair a different look than gels or mousses give, so it will give you some variety! It smells heavenly also.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2001 8:11:00 PM More reviews by April

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fun product to experiment with. I like that it comes in a spray. Makes hair look tousled and sexy, like you just rolled out of bed. (and had fun there)