September 18, 2014 | 1662 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2006 3:02:00 AM More reviews by mariska

Not the best. Pond's Bare & Repair was out of stock in my area when I really needed it so I bought this. It's a bit irritating especially after the second wipe. I woke up the next morning to find darker circles around my eyes, I wiped again and there's still mascara residue (Diorshow). This doesn't happen with Ponds. I also like the ingredients of Ponds more. I won't re-purchase eventhough it's cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by pialeah

Most of the negative reviews seem to be in relation to waterproof mascara, which I never wear so I can't advise on that particular topic. I can say that for normal mascara this is a fabulous product. I have sensitive skin & especially sensitive eyes, this product is just like water -but so effective. It does not dry out my skin at all, yet removes all traces of make-up w/minimal effort. Best of all it is not oily, nor does it leave any sort of residue. If you like dual-phase or oily m/u removers this is not for you. Considering you can pick it up for a few $s @your local Walgreens, I definitely recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 12:55:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

This stuff does do a decent job of removing waterproof mascara (though it takes more effort than with my fave m/u remover, Clinique's Take the Day Off), so it gets points for that. However, for Pete's sake, do NOT get this stuff in your eyes! It burns, oooooohhhhh it burns!! And yes, this is an eye makeup remover. Gah. Nice going, Rimmel. This gets 1 lippie for being super cheap, and 1 lippie for sort of working all right. 3 lippies off for the sheer pain.

UPDATE (04 Jun 2006):
Okay, so I had a thought that maybe it was not the remover that was stinging my eyes, but the eyeshadow I was using. (Occasionally, my eyes sting when I rub my eye and my shadow gets in there...I don't recall what brand shadow, though.) I tried the remover with no eye makeup of any kind on, and it did not sting this time. So, it just stings when I use it to actually remove shadow, because the shadow gets mixed in with the watery remover and gets in my eye. I'm not bumping the rating up by 1, though, because this discovery still doesn't make my eyes not sting when I use this remover. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 11:56:00 PM More reviews by HotttestBlde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Simply excellent! I layer on my eyeshadow - primer, MAC paints, and deep eye shadow, liquid eye liner, and Rimmel mascara. This eye make remove takes it all off quickly without buring and cuausing eye irritation. It is incredible. Definitely worth trying. You will get the same results as a department store brand, with the cost savings of a drugstore price. All of this for less than $5. I highly recommend trying this product and the Rimmel mascara, lipgloss, and lipstick. I like them all. My next purchase will be a blush shade from them. Give it a try; you can always return it. The black brown shade is beautiful for redheads, strawberry blondes and fair complected women.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 9:36:00 AM More reviews by mulove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover and I'm just about done with this product. It had such a great reviews, so I had to try it. I wear waterproof mascara alot and let me tell you, this DOES NOT work well on taking off waterproof formula. Sometimes it stings my eyes too, leaving them all irritated. I don't know why I even bothered to buy the second bottle. I think it's the cost. It's very cheap and comes in a generous size bottle. I will not repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 1:14:00 AM More reviews by kurikumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this, just used it today and i am very impressed with it =) its better than my L'oreal gentle/refreshing eye MU remover, it doesn't sting my eyes like Loreals does. theres also more value for money, and that i can use more to saturate the cotton pad. none of my lashes fell out when i used this, which is my primary concern. with l'oreal, i had to tug a bit and my lashes came out.
overall a great buy, and i will switch to this from L'oreal for my non W/P makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2006 9:15:00 PM More reviews by chicabonita1089

I'M SOO SHOCKED 2 SEE THAT THE RATING IS SOO LOW, I LUB THE EYE MAKEUP REMOVER!!! ITS SOO GENTLE AND MAY I ADD, THAT I HAVE SUPER DELICATE SKIN. ALL I HAVE TO DO IS POUR A LITTLE ON A COTTON SQUARE AND SWEEP IT UNDER MY EYE AND WALL LAH!! ITS SO GENTLE AND EASY. I DONT HAVE TO RUB MY EYES OUT. LUBB IT! NOW ABOUT THE PRICE, ITS AROUND $ 5-6 AT WALMART, BUT U CAN FIND IT AT THE $ 99 C. STORE : O ). GREAT BUY!! HOPE THIS HELPS.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2006 3:48:00 AM More reviews by lyouseewhy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is just okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2006 9:38:00 AM More reviews by dmiller_34

Best makeup remover I have found in ages! Is not greasy or oily, actually it is the opposite, it is like water. it takes my makeup off right away, including my stila smudge pots which is tough to get off. And it lasts a while. at less than $5 i will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by HotttestBlde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It is the best most effective drug store eye make-up remover I have purchased. Furthermore, due to the value pricing and effectiveness of this product, I have stopped purchasing Lancome's eye make-up reomove. I can buy four of the Rimmel to one of the Lancome.

Bottom Line: It is effective, dosen't irritate or burn my eyes, and it is inexpensive.

FYI. I layer on my eye make up.....Smashbox Primer, MAC Paints, Eye Shadow, Liquid, liner, and mascara. Rimmel gets it all off quickly.