Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 9/27/2006 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an OK eye makeup remover though I have to be careful because it can make my eyes sting but then I've yet to find an eye make up remover that doesn't. It takes a few swipes to get mascara off but it's OK for the moment. I use Vaseline to get the remaining makeup off. One of it's redeeming features is that it only costs 3 a bottle. Will possibly re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When I bought this I didn't think this would be too good. I purchased this when I ran out of my HG's Loreal gentle remover and J&J remover pads- and of course knowing my luck my drugstore had run out of them too! I wear a couple of coats of Benefit Bad gal Lash everyday, or L'Oreal Double extention. This removed them cleanly, but it did leave a tad of residue behind. The bottle was good and I liked the way it didn't aggravate my eyes. I got this on sale at 1.99 for 125ml, and I think it was a good buy. I didn't feel it left my skin as soft as my HG's, and it kind of felt a bit tight and dry around my eyes. It is a good remover, but I will still stick to my HG's. EDIT: Okay I am downgrading this to a 3 because this burnt my eyes. It also made my eyes itch, but I will use it up as it still gets my makeup off- I must just be sensitive to some of the solvents in it. To be fair my skin is extremely sensitive, but this is marketed as 'gentle'. Oh well. DEFINATLEY sticking to my HG's!

on 9/18/2006 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This stuff works okay for regular makeup, but it doesn't remove waterproof or long-wearing cosmetics. I do like the flip-top which makes it a lot more convenient that most removers, but the actual product did not impress.

on 8/31/2006 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the worst remover i've had this doesn't remove ANYTHING!! It clearly says on the bottle that it can remove waterproof mascara but it doesn't well. I scrubbed my lashes with a hand towel to get my mascara and it didin't remove very well. I had to try at it twice and still it diddn't come off. What i do is i cleanse my face first with normal facial cleanser then i take off the remainder with the eye remover. For normal mascara it comes off after two times. This was way to gentil for me but that's prob because i put on many layers of mascara.

on 8/26/2006 10:02:00 PM

Very good product!! I've used tons, this one is perfect. Not oily, inexpensive and non irritating.I will stick with this one.

on 8/2/2006 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this stuff sucked, consistency is that of water literally. You can't get it to remove anything because of this, even on a cotton ball. Never buying again. huge waste.Good thing i got this for a dollar.

on 7/31/2006 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff!! It even removes waterproof mascara! And it doesn't bother my eyes.

This stuff is a pretty good value for the amount that you get (4 oz. or only about 5 bucks). It barely stings my eyes and isn't oil which I love. But I don't think it takes off every trace of my makeup. But I guess I can fix that by going over it 2 or 3 times. Still a great makeup remover though.

i simply love this simple stuff. dirt cheap, simply effective in a no-spill bottle - that's all i have to say about that :)

on 6/27/2006 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this product for over a year. It takes off all my eye makeup including any waterproof mascara. There is no oily residue left behind like other eye makeup removers. Just as a previous reviewer stated "it's like water". You can't beat the price (less than $4.00 USD). And my last purchase included a free kohl liner pencil. Will not buy any other remover.