October 23, 2014 | 1747 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost - Angel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC calls this a soft pink. In the tube it looks like a light fleshed pink lipstick with neutral undertones but in reality is a rather cool toned pink. On my lips it was indeed a light pink that was quite pretty under the sun but looked a little too pale indoors. It can be used as a pinky nude as it gives a soft pink colour to lips although under some indoor lighting, its mauve and lilac undertones become more obvious. Also although it's a frost, I didn't see much shimmer. Also, it can be a bit drying and I recommend wearing lip gloss over it. Creme Cup is similar to Angel but a little lighter toned and is a bit more moisturising as it's a Cremesheen. Also, Angel is a bit more sheer as compared to Creme Cup. Probably won't buy Angel again as it's a bit too pale and too drying for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

I guess I bought this lippy for the sole reason that Kim Kardashian wears it! It does look nice on my NC30 skintone, but I find myself not grabbing it as much as I would like. Sometimes it can look too pink nude on my, but this is great with a smokey eye! Since it is summer, I dont do much smokey eye looks so this lippy doesnt get used.. but the texture of it is great & the staying power is long lasting! I think this would look great on tannner looking skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by mrBirthe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Think Angel is a great lipstick! I would recomend it for fair- fair medium skintones. It is very sheer, and very ligth. not nude, but ligth. But all in all, a grat lipstick. :)
Please check out my youtube channel: Mrbirthe

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by livelafflovee53

I was so dissapointed when I got this lipstick in the mail from MAC, not only because I didn't like the color and looks completely different in pictures and online than it does in person, but the first time I opened it, the lipstick broke, but that doesn't change the fact that the lipstick is wayyy darker in person than it is online and it even looks lighter in the tube, when I put it on I knew it would hate it. It reminds me of maybellines pink please, which makes me look like a clown. If only it were a bit pinker I would like it, but sadly I was dissapointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

This is a very nice color, but it just doesn't work for me. I got it awhile ago because of the Kim Kardashian hype. I did notice that it looks better on me when I am more tan (NC30-35) than when I am lighter (NC25). And it also looks better on me with a lipliner and gloss, but I don't want to bother with that most of the time. Viva Glam Gaga actually looks better on me than this does.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by NearPerfect9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG lipstick. I absolutely love it. The color is perfect on me. NW15 or 20. It almost looks like a nude - but I have a lot of pink undertones on my skin. So for me it's a nude-pink. This really does look good on almost everyone!

I have no idea why it's classified as a frost, I think it's more like a luster. It has some subtle shimmer, but it's certainly not frosty. It's the color I always reach for. Looks natural for every day wear (I'm a SAHM), and pairs perfectly with dramatic eye makeup for night. I always wear light pink/nude lip colors - the other MAC lipsticks I use are Blankety, Viva Glam Gaga, Creme Cup, and Saint Germain... and this is the one I find myself using all the time - probably 10 times more than my other lipsticks - combined!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Had to edit this review. Maybe it's because I have very pigmented lips, but this color comes out an awkward bright pink on me that one would probably associate with an "old lady" type color. It looks gorgeous on many others that I know who own it but unfortunately it's a no go for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by jillianliqi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I loved this pink but because my lips are so pigmented it turns into a hot very blue toned pink on me so i tend to use gold lipglosses or add myth before this lipstick to tone it down. But its a perfect pink for most of my other friends with less pigmented lips.

I will not repurchase partly cos i found something similar which is ysl's rouge volupte in number 01 (which says its a nude beige but its totally a PINK). Its less blue toned than angel so i dont have to waste time on glosses which doesn't look good on me since i already have full lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by xemiliemx

I love this lipstick! I'm not a lipstick-girl, I'm totally a lipgloss-girl, but I actually like this lipstick more then a lot of my lipglosses. I have blond hair, and fair skin and all of that, and this colour is just perfect on my lips. Looks so good! Will buy this again as soon as I run out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by mishkee

i love this color! its pretty much a lot like creme cup. Which i love more than angel but angel doesnt melt like creme cup will.