July 28, 2014 | 1862 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

The rundown of my skin:
I have super oily skin. Gross, I know. Eventually I gave up on that polished, full-coverage look I love to save my face from the greasy disaster that always happens come 11:30 or 12:00 in the day. Every foundation I've ever tried has made my skin a mess, even with setting powder. My skin ended up looking better WITHOUT makeup than with makeup, because it looks so gross and coagulated at the end of the day.
All hope was lost for me.

Until now.

When I saw this foundation, by some stroke of fate, I was tempted. This is nothing new with makeup in general - but it is new for me to crave a new foundation. I never buy foundation - I've given up. But I couldn't let this little guy go.

SO glad I bought it.

This goes on creamy with flawless bendability, then sets/dries to a matte yet natural looking finish. Almost powdery, but not in a bad way. Plus I love the stick concept - makes my daily morning makeup time shorter. And guess what? I've gotten hours and hours of oil-free flawless skin with this foundation. If you've got an oily T-Zone like me, PLEASE invest in this foundation.

Xoxo<3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by AprilStreck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very dry, occasionally flaky, light skin. I normally use the FIT me liquid foundation, and I am trying to go more organic, so when this appeared in store, I grabbed one. SOMEHOW, although this foundation has a dry feel to it, it doesn't make my skin any more dry, it actually hides the dryness! Which is impressive. The foundation is glowy, instead of shiny. I like this. The color(120) is perfect for me, much better than the 120 in liquid. Light to medium coverage at best, be advised it will not cover major blemishes. Again, not an issue for me personally.

My complaints are that is really not much in the product, for $7, but it should still last a long time. And I can always afford another, even on a college student budget. It does contain some ingredients that aren't great(what makeup doesn't?), so as soon as I find another foundation to replace it, it's gone. The blending takes some work. Overall, a good product and I am happy with it for now. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Fair warning, this is a first impression review. I only got this today and started using it. But I'm so impressed that I have to say something! As I continue to use this, I will update or add to this review.

I saw an ad for this yesterday and I was very intrigued. Although I don't have a lot of issues with shine, I loved the idea of the stick (convenient) and I am a sucker for cream-to-powders because they are one step and usually look really good on.

I got this in 115 at first. It's sort of tough to tell the color by the tube, so I was trying to judge by looking at the numbered liquid foundations in the Fit Me! line. It was a little too dark and/or a little too pink/peachy for my pale skin, so I went back for the 110 shade, which matches me better. The finish of this foundation is DIVINE. It makes your skin look airbrushed and highlighted. The coverage is light/sheer. I can still see my freckles through it, yay! It looks very natural. I did still need spot concealer with this, definitely. The creamy formula is super blendable and feels really nice gliding across the skin. It feels more like it is sitting on top of the skin rather than soaking into it, and I mean that in a good way. It dries to a powder quite quickly but not so fast that you can't blend and smooth it very evenly. It doesn't feel tacky at all. It has a mostly matte finish, with just a tiny hint of dewiness to keep your skin looking radiant. It feels SO light on, like you aren't wearing anything at all. My face just feels really smooth and soft.

I did NOT set with powder and I didn't feel that it needed it. The stick is convenient to use and there is quite a bit of product there. The price is very reasonable at $7. I have mostly dry/sensitive skin and this was good on my dry areas (creamy enough to not create patches) and hasn't caused any irritation (at least yet). I can be oily/breakout prone on my chin but even there I find I don't need touch-ups with this foundation for 4-5 hours, if at all. Does not oxidize orange at all either, hallelujah!

Update: this has lasted very well through a few sweaty 90 minute workouts and also through swimming (although my face was only underwater for a few minutes)!

Update 7/18: In the end, I'm bumping this down to a 3 lippie score and going back to my regular standby foundation, Palladio Wet/Dry. This stuff is really nice in finish and wear, but after using it for about a week I've found that neither shade (110 or 115) matched me well enough to keep wearing it. It was just off enough (a little too peachy) that it made it obvious I was wearing foundation. After 4 hours or so, the off color fades some and looks like more of a match, but it's not worth the mismatch of the first hours. Also, it seemed to repel my bronzer powder somewhat. Although I don't like it when cream formulas absorb too much of the bronzer, I also don't want them to make it so it doesn't even show up over the top of them. So, while this may work out really great for a lot of people and is a pretty impressive product from Maybelline for just $7, it was not HG for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by kalynbwinters

I love the convenient packaging of this foundation and I find it SO fast to apply, gotta love that! But I didn't find this to be particularly oil controlling. I was very shiny by 12pm, after about only 5 hours of wear. I NEVER have to blot but with this it was a must. If you don't mind blotting throughout the day then this can be a very convenient foundation for you! I'll be sticking with my Covergirl Outlast

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple of days ago, and I'm planning to buy a back-up or two next week. I found it while checking out the Fit Me concealer recommended by Wayne Goss in one of his videos. So far, I'm really liking this stuff. I swipe a couple of stripes on each part of my face (two swipes on forehead, two on each check, two on chin and one down my nose) and blend with an E.L.F. small stippling brush. It goes on fast, blends easy and looks natural. I use setting powder on top and it will stay on for a few hours. It's no ColorStay (my favorite), but it's great for every day wear and I plan on taking it on vacation because it's super travel-friendly goes on quickly. This is more like an HE foundation, IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by erinbrittannyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh how I love this! I read so many good reviews and decided to try it. And this is my summer HG foundation! It's so light which is what I love for summer. It doesn't feel cakey or thick what so ever. It feels so satiny and smooth and makes my skin feel like a dream! Even after I take it off my skin still feels amazing. It covers all my redness and evens out everything and makes skin look naturally flawless and I am soo impressed by this :) new favorite drugstore foundation :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Meech25

First time trying this foundation today and I love it!
(For reference I am an NC30-35 and shade 225 matches me perfect)

I am amazed at how easy it is to apply it, I swiped it a few times across my face and buffed it in with a flat top kabuki (sigma f80)
It blended like a dream!
It lasted as long as any other foundation, I had to blot half way through the day, but I always do.
A++ for how easy and mess free this product is!
Would be perfect to take on a trip! Highly reccomend this!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

I do not like this at all which has made me pretty sad!
I don't find it shine controlling whatsoever and it blended horribly on my face. Also when I put concealer over it it didn't blend well over the foundation. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that the foundation is gel? I don't know.
For anyone in Canada who wants to try this I highly recommend buying it from Walmart because it is $8 instead of shoppers drugmart cause there it's $11.99
I will try this again come the fall and winter since I bought two tubes (110 and 115) Maybe it will be better for me then.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by orch_id

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for a replacement for my beloved but discontinued Sally Hansen spray foundation and so far some have come close but all were lacking in one department or another. I saw this at target for six bucks and bought it on a whim since I have been a greaseball since summer started.
So far I like it quite a bit- the oil fighting properties are not as good as the Sally Hansen was, but it is noticeably helping. I just need to make sure I keep my blotting sheets with me for breakthrough shine.
As far as texture and coverage this stuff rocks- it blends in very naturally and I just use my fingers (I know it's unsanitary but there is not a ton of product in the tube so I think I'll have finished it before any bad contamination happens)
The color is pretty good too, I got the second to most light color since I am pale but have gotten a bit darker since summer started. It's not to pinky or yellowy just a good pale flesh tone that covers the broken capillaries under my nose and helps to disguise the big pores on my cheeks close to my nose (man I wish there was a surgical procedure to make pores smaller!)
Anyways I like this stuff, it's portable and it makes my skin look good, and to be perfectly honest I'm glad I'm not using spray foundation anymore. That stuff gets messy and smells funky- the only brand I would return to for all that would be Sally and I won't hold my breath for that :)

Overall I like it and will probably repurchase when I finish this tube- I hope the price stays around six at target since I hate paying a lot for makeup, but if it works ill suck it up and pay cuz I want to feel pretty and a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by kajones911

This is way better than the Fit Me foundation that leaves me a grease pit. This shine free stick is so smooth and creamy going on but not greasy AND it has to be the first time I do NOT get oily break through! Unheard of for me! All day at work and midwest humidity and it held up to it's name - shine free. Coverage is light to medium, so I apply it twice (goes quick with this stick) and it covers all my broken capillaries pretty well. It also dries nicely and your face feels smooth not tacky. It does not show my flakes (from over washing all the oil) either. For the first time in my 44 years, I will be repurchasing this foundation. Love it!