Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.3

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 8/26/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is super easy to apply and blend. If you don't apply a good moisturizer, you get dry patches around your nose. The shine free core doesn't really work, you just get the foundation all over it. I do enjoy using this product if I'm rushing but I rather use something that would give me a little more coverage than this. It does last about 7 or 8 hours but if your sweating it's gone by the end of the day. When you apply the product it's sticky, even when you blend it out and apply powder. I just feel like Im wearing a glob of foundation on my skin. I would not buy this foundation stick again.

on 8/26/2013 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i picked up these at Ulta so it was buy 1 get `1 half off.. yeeeaaaaa.....
NOPE! took back to store a week later.. i am super oily and while i loved the color, application and stick .. i was oily in 1 hour.. even with my MOM and primer and powder. nothing helped i was soooo sad but i had to return them both.. follow me for all reviews on youtube under the channel - fearless femme--

i have reviews and video up on this and many more, sorry maybelline, maybe nexttime

on 8/26/2013 11:37:00 AM

I loved the liquid Fit Me foundation, but after reading reviews thought I'd take a pass on this. A great sale combined with a coupon changed my mind. I'm glad it did. I applied this over sunscreen and primer, as I do all foundations, and it went on like a dream. As it is summer and my skin is a bit dark for me, I used color 120. I was happy to see there were two lighter shades so I will have choice in winter. The color was a perfect match and this applied very easily. Just a few swipes and blend. With this I have mostly used my fingers to keep things simple, but I have used a brush with great results. I won't say it makes me matte, but I did like the satiny look it gave. It had light coverage for me, so I added a bit more in the few areas I needed it and it it went to a medium coverage. It wore well most days. My skin is dry, so that helps.
Wanting to compare it to regular fit me, I did one side in liquid and one side of my face in stick. It seemed to me to be the same coverage, and lasted as long. I couldn't tell the difference, but I only did this once. Realistically, how often would a person try this?
My only complaint is the amount in the tube. There is only .32 oz and the liquid is 1 oz. For this reason I prefer the liquid. What I do like this for is to toss in my purse makeup bag, and I just took it with me on vacation. It was ideal for travel, and I would repurchase it for that reason. With the small amount in the tube, that might be much sooner than I'd like.
This isn't my HG foundation, but I do like it well enough and don't regret the purchase. My skin looks good when I use it and it feels good on. It is a nice portable foundation.

I bought this foundation because recently I've started to have a lot of grease build up on my face. I have a very past paced job, long hours and a lot of talking so I need a foundation that will look good on my face all day.
I usually use Max Factor Liquid foundation but this just isn't good enough on my face for a full day without me having to consistently keep topping up.

I purchased this in a popular chain on the UK for £9. Clean face, moisturised and applied.

I've never been so disappointed in my life with a foundation. It actually made my face look so much greasier after 4 hours of work! It literally looked like my face was sweating even though I wasn't sweating a drop. This grease built up so much and the foundation was sliding around my face it looked horrific. Maybe I didn't apply enough, maybe my powder is pretty thick ontop of this foundation but I've honestly never used a foundation and had that much build up of grease showing, it was absolutely awful!
Definitely not buying this again, I still have the whole thing there used once and wish to never use it again. Unless someone recommends me a different powder or even a different moisturiser or primer to use as a base, it will stay untouched for good!

on 8/25/2013 4:16:00 PM

I bought the shade/colour 220, which is a pretty good match for my skin.

I must say here right now that I use Milk of Magnesia, then a primer before foundation application and then an Origins face powder/foundation to set it afterwards on ALL foundations, otherwise they just don't last on my face.

The stick glides over the skin and kind of feels a little oily, and blends out well. Definitely a light coverage, maybe up to medium if you build it up well. It did not, however, dry down to a matte finish, even after waiting for 5 minutes for it to set. It still felt slick on my face, which was a strange sensation. I set it with my powder and went to work.

After wearing the foundation for 12hrs I came home and had a peek at my face. I had a slight sheen of oil across my inner cheeks (near the nose) and across my nose and on my forehead, but it wasn't so bad that I thought "oh, heck!". Otherwise it had held up remarkably well for a drugstore foundation, hadn't faded too badly or melted away. I think you'd still need blotting papers whilst wearing this foundation if you don't go to the extreme lengths that I go to to stop getting an oily face.

It's not a bad product for the price, but there are foundations that are better (like Revlon Colorstay). I'll probably just use this as a quick foundation fix when I want to pop out to the shops and have a more even looking complexion. For the rest of the time I think I'll just stick with my MAC Pro Longwear :P

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not have high hopes for this, however I got this on sale for around $6 and decided to try it out! It is so easy to apply and so hassle free! Also, I have very oily skin and this leaves my skin super matte all the day without a primer. The coverage is light to medium, thought I am pretty sure you could built on it to get high coverage. Even though this is surprisingly not cakey it deff. will cling on to dead dry skin and look cakey so make sure your skin is smooth :)

on 8/23/2013 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I was searching everywhere for a shine free foudation and found a sample in a magazine of this foundation so I thought i'd buy a full size. It's amazing! I am so oily, and when I use this (with Nyx primer) it stays all day and does not grease me up. The coverage is very light, but makes my skin look and feel velvety and flawless. The packaging and amount of product disappointed me, but the quality of the foundation makes it all worth it. It is now my everyday foundation. Will definately repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! My only issue with it is the little amount of product. It was nice and light on my skin, lasted a good amount of time, but unfortunately let the shine through on m t zone. so a lil extra powdering there

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm a big fan of Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation, so I was very excited when they released the Fit Me Shine Free Stick Foundation. Maybelline says "fresh gel foundation blends into a flawless matte finish Lightweight powders in the anti-shine core instantly dissolve excess oil. It's one-step perfection" This foundation is available in 12 shades, I'm reviewing the lightest shade, 110 Porcelain. The Fit Me Foundation Stick contains 9g (.32 oz), which is quite a small amount. I bought this foundation at Giant Eagle for around $8; it'll run between $7-11 depending on where you buy it. The Fit Me Shine Free Stick Foundation does not seem to contain any SPF. Unfortunately, Maybelline continues to test their products on animals. This foundation is made in America.
I like the packaging for Maybelline's Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick, it's sleek, compact, and portable. This product comes housed in a black twist tube with a partially clear cap. The tube is about 3 1/2 inches long. I only have one complaint, the cap doesn't snap on as firmly as I'd like. The design of this foundation's packaging is pretty plain - is isn't loaded with information or boldly colored logos, the product name is printed on the cap in silver letters. The foundation is a short, round stick of product with a white core. Because 110 is so light the core isn't as apparent as it is in darker shades.
This is my first stick foundation, so I wasn't entirely what to expect or how to apply it. I've taken to applying a swipe or two (or three for larger areas) and blending it out with ELF's Essential Foundation Brush. This application method works very well for me, but of course you can blend it in with your fingers or any other tool you prefer. Maybelline says the Fit Me Shine Free Foundation will provide "natural matte coverage" with a "powder core that instantly dissolves excess oil". I respectfully disagree. This foundation feels greasy upon application and it never dries down. This foundation just sits on the skin and it looks so apparent that I'm wearing makeup. Because Maybelline's Shine Free Foundation never really melds with the skin its very prone to transferring. The finish of this foundation is kinda gross, it looks like an oily powder. Coverage is very light, Shine Free masks only the smallest imperfections, if you have a lot to hide this is not the foundation for you. Maybelline's Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick is certainly not shine free, nor is it long wearing - oil breaks through it almost instantly and most of this foundation is gone after six hours of wear. Me and my normal to combo skin are not used to such poor foundation performance. I should also mention that a stick of Fit Me Shine Free will not last that long, after two weeks of daily wear I've already used about a third of the tube.
I love the Fit Me range because of it's color selection. Though the Fit Me Shine Free Foundation isn't available in quite as many shades as the Fit Me liquid, there are still options for those on both ends of the skin tone specturm, and everyone in between. Porcelain (110) is a great match for me, it blends right into my skin. Currently, this foundation is slightly too light for me. Porcelain has a neutral undertone. The white "anti-shine" core doesn't seem to corrupt the shade at all, but that may not be true for the deeper shades.
Maybelline's Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick was a massive let down for me. I love the Fit Me liquid so much, so I had high hopes. Maybelline's Shine Free is meant to be matte, yet it looks and feels greasy. The wear is very poor. I can't imagine who this foundation would suit, it cannot deal with even a little bit of oil, yet the powdery finish will definitely cling to dry skin. Maybelline's stick foundation isn't all bad though, its easy to blend, packaging is convenient, and the color selection is good. I enjoyed trying this foundation for the novelty factor, but I don't think I'll reach for it very often. If you want to try a novel foundation, opt for L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder instead. I do not recommend Maybelline's Fit Me Shine Free Foundation nor will I repurchase it.

This foundation bummed me out. I'm an avid user of L'oreal Quickstick (I've been buying it online from various sources since it was discontinued). I thought the Fit Me Stick might be a suitable replacement. It wasn't. It's very sticky, difficult to blend and leaves an oily residue. It was VERY obvious I was wearing makeup, which is not the look I'm going for. The search continues...