November 1, 2014 | 760 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by nutella87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm.... when I first heard about a drugstore stick foundation, I got ridiculously excited. I had never used a stick foundation before, but figured that apply a stick would shorten the overall time it takes me to put on makeup, which is always a plus when I'd rather sleep.
So I waited for weeks it feels like (yeah my life is super interesting lol) for this product to come to Target and it finally did early July.
Well I bought this in 220, which upon initial sight seemed way too dark for my very yellow NC25 skin, but all the other colors around 220 seemed either too light, too pink, or too dark as well. Also, I had looked at swatch pics before hand, and knew that 220 applied lighter than it looks.

Anyway, I have combo skin: Dry cheeks, oily T zone, sometimes oily chin. I never use a primer, ever, and always top off when powder.
This applies very smoothly, and on myself, 220 is actually a tiny bit too dark and so I have to bronze up my neck a bit.
I usually use either a stipling brush or your typically foundation brush. With short strokes and good blending, this foundation evens out my skin tone, covers my pores, and makes it look like I'm not wearing anything at all! I really liked it at first.

However as the day progressed, I slowly got oily. Then by 3ish, I was super oily, everywhere. Sigh...

My suggestion is that if you have SUPER dry skin, this applies like a dream and looks great. It's light coverage, but I just need the tiniest amount of concealer for scars and such. For combo skin like mine, I think a primer would eliminate the oiliness that comes after 4 hours of wear.

Overall, I like it. I won't recommend it as HG, but it's good enough for days when I don't feel like using liquid or need to have perfect make up.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by lolitan

Being in Australia, this product has not been released here yet. So I ordered one off eBay, because the reviews on here looked so good!
Unfortunately, the product did not live up to the hype. I ordered colour 220, which was a pretty good match for my NC25 skin. The foundation itself felt really nice and buttery, but it slid around my face and faded after about 3 hours of wear. I guess I'm just used to colour stay, which does't shift at all! Also broke me out, and my skin is pretty resilient and not sensitive. Into the drawer it goes...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lastluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Praise the lord, the old Maybelline "3 in 1" foundation stick has returned in the fit me line!!! I have been awaiting for the return of this product for almosta decade! Improved color selection as well!

I have never really been a fan of foundation, it always feels heavy and cakey on my skin, but this product was my go to back in high school! Over the years I even ordered the 3 in 1 in bulk off eBay after it became discontinued.

This new product does everything that I loved about old: covers, long lasting, shine free, does not cake or appear heavy (perfect for summer!!)

I wear it over my moisturizer (garnier bb cream or oaly) for SPF coverage and it blends in perfectly. SO HAPPY!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this little stick. It was $6-something at Wal-Mart so pretty decent price. You don't need to use a lot of it anyway. The coverage is light but it is layerable without getting the "caked on" look unless you use way too much product. As someone with barely any acne and scars, this gives me a no make-up look while still covering my little flaws and evening my skintone out.

Application is easy peasy lemon squeezy! Simply glide on then blend! I don't see a need for a brush for this to blend, it's very blendable with fingers and goes on smoothly. There's also a large variety of colors and I love it because I found one that 110% goes with my shade! Too perfect.

I have dry skin and this formula DOES make my skin look a bit dryer/powder-y compared to liquid foundation but still beats the dryness I get from powders. I need to do some extra moisturizing for this, and it's summer, so I'm guessing during the winter this foundation won't be to good but we shall see. I also have sensitive skin and after a week of using, no reaction, so that's a plus!

I've worn it for 8+ hours for work (and I run around a lot!) and it stays on very well! Like the name says, definitely shine-free! I do not look gross or oily after my workday when I do with my other foundations/BB creams. As I am taking off my make-up, I also can see that there's a lot of product still left on my face after all those hours too!

I think this is definitely my go-to foundation for those everyday natural looks from now on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very disappointed with this foundation. It was my oily skin even worse. Was a bit difficult to apply at first. As the day wore on, my skin was an oily mess. Could feel the foundation slipping off. (Not sure if it contains silicones, as they can trap oil under the surface of the skin, aggravating the condition.) Would not recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Anonnone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was hesitant to get this because I only use bb/cc creams now (I find foundation in general to be too cakey), but the "anti-shine" feature really attracted me -- oily skin has been the bane of my existence since a teenager. But this product is truly amazing and now my favorite -- if you apply a lightish layer, it doesn't even look like foundation but does cover my acne scars well, and it does control oil more than any other product I've tried (even mattifiers). I have fair-light, pink-neutral skin, and 115 is a perfect match. My only complaint is that it's a little hard to blend -- I find it's easier using a sponge and working quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by chris100401

I love this. I usually buy my foundation at Sephora or Gerda Spillman, and while I will occasionally try a drug store foundation on a whim, I have never found one that was decent. This one, however, is great. It covers pores and doesn't sink into any fine lines. I am waitress and I am in and out of a hot kitchen. This does a great job staying on and controlling oil and is not too matte. It has more of a satin finish. I also like how easy it is to apply and touch up. Also, I don't really need a separate concealer. I do wear a silicon free primer with it. For shade reference, I wear a 155 in MUFE HD and 220 in this was a little light but looked fine when blended well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by 0Bicycle0

Maybelline's Fit Me line is literally the only drugstore line that has a shade that I can wear (110) and its liquid version has been a mainstay for me for a while now. The only thing it seems to lack is oil control. When I read about this new formulation, I was very excited to see the many great reviews in a foundation that actually carries my shade--plus an "anti-shine" addition in the middle of the stick! Awesome.
I officially tried it first for a date night (risky, but worked out) to the beach/dinner/a concert. It was quite hot and I was drinking, a bit sweaty, etc...I was definitely a little worried but didn't have access to a mirror for a while. All in all, I was wearing this for at least 8 hours in the heat and it didn't budge much. I was surprised to see that it remained looking flawless/almost airbrushed until 2 AM with only one touchup.
Overall the finish is pretty light and gives a soft-focus look to the skin. I thought it was great. However, I'd take one lippie off because it didn't look quite as natural as the BB cream I typically wear. I set it with a tiny bit of L'oreal powder and perhaps that, combined with the built-in anti-shine powder, is what made it look slightly too powdery. Thankfully it all seemed to settle and "melt" into a more natural state over the next hour. I was worried initially about the shade 110 in this being "true" to the 110 in the liquid version, and it was.
I'll definitely use this again when I'm on the go or need something long-lasting. Application was fast and easy using my fingers. Easy to carry in a purse as well. However, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for dry/flaky-skinned people, as this highlighted a few flakes I have, though my skin is rarely ever dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by vyuen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I purchased this because I like foundation sticks, very convenient to use and I am a busy girl on the run during the day. I have normal skin in summers, and dry skin in winters.

For your reference: I have light warm tone Asian skin, and usually wear NC 25 overall in Mac foundations. Cold winters my shade can drop to NC 20, and in the mid hot summers I can go up to NC 30 max. For Makeup Forever, I wear their HD foundation in #120.

For this stick, my Walmart store sold out very fast, price was about Canadian Dollars $7.99, the cheapest I have found so far. I went again a couple of weeks later and the closest shade in stock I can use was 220 natural beige (which is great for NC 30 to 35 - medium yellow tone skin). So, with Summer coming, I figured I'll give this a try. I am happy I did, it works wonder for quick morning make up for warm days. It stays put for at least 5 to 6 hours without the need to touch up (which is sufficient for me - if it goes beyond that, it is a bonus!). I work in an office but have to run around quite a bit throughout the day.

I may say if you have oily skin, you need to powder around by mid day. If you have normal to slightly dry skin, then you should be fine.

The coverage is sheer to medium (build-able). Can dab more onto the under eyes to use as a concealer.

I always prep my skin with a good sunscreen lotion first before I apply any foundations.

The stick won't last that long if you use it daily, but still, for the price & quality (gel-like application and melts to powder on blending) is a fantastic idea!

Next time, if I want to pick this up again for Fall, I need to go one shade down and keep it at the yellow tone shade. I believe my shade range (yellow tone light to light/medium range) does sell out fast at the stores. Do grab them if you see them around at a decent price.

If you have very dry skin, I won't go for this unless you prep your skin well with good moisturizers.

For the packaging: Good overall, since the lid is plastic, I hope it won't crack on me overtime, and I hope I will remember to twist the stick all the way down before I snap the plastic cap on (especially when I am in a hurry). That is why I gave a 4 out of 5 for the packaging, but overall it is not a alright plastic tube container.

Overall, a great find and I like this much better than their Fit Me liquid foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by DurrtyLadle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin: very oily, extremely fair, slight redness in cheeks, acne prone

This product:

Color:
I bought this in the lightest shade (110) and it is a perfect match for my skin tone. I am extremely fair and always buy foundation in the lightest shade.

Packaging:
it's a twist up stick and you get about 3 inches of product. lid stays on in my makeup bag and is easy to use

Price: $9 at Walmart which is pretty pricey IMO

Application: I run a few lines of this over my face after primer. At first I used a foundation brush to blend but that ends up being really streaky/uneven and just sinks into my pores. I then tried blending it with a beauty blender and that seemed to work better. I may try to apply it with my fingers next since none of these methods give me good coverage.

Staying power: This is where this foundation failed for me. My skin is OILY and this foundation was sliding off after a few hours. I normally use liquid foundations and have never had this issue. I usually get oily and then blot and then my skin looks perfect again. With this foundation my oil carries it around and it gathers around my nose and under my eyes and looks gross. I have to constantly use my fingers to press and blend it. When I blot, a lot of the foundation transfers off onto my oil sheet. It wont stay put for me, and I haven't noticed it helping my oiliness. After a few hours the redness in my skin is showing through and this doesn't happen with my other foundations.

Buy again: No. This foundation is difficult to apply and blend and has very poor staying power.