January 25, 2015 | 953 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Scruffy892

This is interesting. It's nice to see Maybelline trying new formulas (If only they'd try this hard with their shades!) I'm giving it a 4 because it serves a specific use fairly well. I use it for full coverage touchups--mainly as a concealer over large parts of my face when my foundation is failing me. Yes, you can get full coverage from this, which impresses me. You just have scribble on like a kindergartener with his first fat crayon. Seriously--don't be dainty about it. Also, it's one of the few products that looks ok applied straight from the tube (you COULD get away without blending with fingers) This is very valuable to me at work.

As a foundation, it looks good--for awhile. As long as you never, ever, EVER touch it. Make no mistake--this is a cream foundation. It's slightly greasy, only partially sets, and rubs off on everything. For the most part though, it lasts surprisingly well and looks good (satin finish). It only looks greasy if you pile it on, or get really oily. It doesn't sink into your skin or disintigrate with oil. At the end of the day, I still have some on. As long as I never, ever, EVER touch it.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just as bad as the liquid version. It separates and turns orange as all get out after 3 hours.
*********
This is medium coverage at best. It goes on easily and blends really well. I noticed that when Maybelline rolled these out, not all the colors from the liquid version made the cut. I was 350 in the liquid form, and had to settle with 340 (Im NW40/43). It came out really orange as soon as I put it on, but once I blended it out it looked fine.

I prefer full coverage, but this is ok for just running errands or whatever. I still need to use concealer with this, and it is certainly not shine free. Not too shabby for 6$

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the fit me liquid and powder but this just didn't work for me. It was as if I put nothing on my face, no coverage at all. I don't have that bad of skin, just some redness in my t zone and this didn't even help that. Returning it tomorrow sadly.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Tanyafuentes

I thought this was just okay. I always look for a product to be long wearing, and this definitely wasn't. I could literally just wipe it off my face with my finger. It is easy to blend, but it doesn't blend into your skin, just kinda rests on top of it. The finish is matte and powdery, which I'm not a fan of. Light coverage. I only use it for touchups, that's what I bought it for. I loved the idea of having something small in my purse I could easily touch up with without having to carry a brush and just use my fingers. It didn't cover any red spots. I used a few times as an actual foundation, not just for touchups, and I think it would be good for someone who wants matte, light coverage and doesn't mind it either wearing off in an hour or reapplying every second. I don't hate it and I don't love it, but it'll probably stay untouched in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by qkellie

I am consistently pleased by many Maybelline foundations and this one is no different. Very reminiscent of their old Shine Free stick foundation, which I was so bummed to see discontinued back in the late '90s/early '00s. The secret for this for me is to only apply to areas needing concealing, then use a big powder brush to blend and finish with a light dusting of loose powder. I definitely don't look as dewy as early in the day as I do with any other foundation, even my other favorite Maybelline one, the Dream Matte mousse. I do think the color selection could be better, but I look better than I have in ages and it doesn't seem to be an acne trigger.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by AngelicVirgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this product yesterday have on 2day I love it so far feels very light on my skin & easy to apply :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Beautee2624

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Drug store products have never worked for me! I don't even attempt them anymore. However, I saw this product on Instagram and something about it caught my eye. I figured, whatever $6, why not..THANK YOU INSTAGRAM!!! This goes on sooo smooth and matte. I have extremely oily skin and it has kept me pretty matte. I wear my Cover Fx matte primer underneath and it works beautifully! I am wearing the #350 Coconut. I would suggest this to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Coverage-Defintely FULL,covers like and texture reminds me of concealer,blends VERY easily. It is matte. Wide color range available,i would def reccomend this for anyone but if you are oily/combination skin save this for cooler weather cuz it does not control oil/shine very well in hot or humid conditions. I am saving this for use as a winter foundation or use it as a concealer :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in pure beige for my neutral olive skintone. It blends well,it brings a soft,nice finish to the skin. It last fairly long. It goes well with other products:like blushes and bronzers! Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this recently because it reminded me of two stick foundations I used to love - Quick Stick and Pan-Stik, both of which were deleted years ago. This one is marketed as a gel stick and says it has an "anti-shine core" and you can see it, but in actual use it goes on like an ordinary, heavy stick foundation. I expected it would be really light and sheer and give some kind of moisturizing but it is very matte. It is not suitable to use all over the face - coverage is too heavy. I use it for touchups around the nose, mouth and smile lines. It's really the same as a coverstick and so I wouldn't buy it again. However, I can see it being useful if someone wanted to carry a small stick in their purse for touchups.