December 18, 2014 | 825 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation from Walmart. I was going to purchase Nearly Naked again or True match liquid foundation. But I saw this and thought about the great reviews on Youtube about it. I decided to try it. I'm oily skinned and I got the shade Toffee Caramel #330 which is my perfect shade now that Im very tanned from this Spring break/ Summer break. Miami weather tanned skin. Lol But I absolutely love this stick foundation because its sheer to full coverage. You can layer lightly so you can build up to full coverage. I love medium as I prefer to blur my imperfections. And its dewy. Which is a plus for me. Im enjoying this already and I just started wearing it. Go Maybelline!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I regret being one of the rare bad reviews for this, but I do not like it at all. I've had it for a few weeks and used it several times trying different application methods (fingers, sponge, brush), and it's just not for me.

I have good skin but this doesn't cover well at all, even layered. I get better coverage with my light liquids like True Match, BB creams, and tinted moisturizers like TheBalm. This collects in my pores, doesn't blend smoothly (leaves little patchy bits), and doesn't have a particularly pretty finish. I'm not oily, so I can't speak to how well it wears on oily skin or if it helps to control oil. It lasts okay on my normal skin.

It's not very expensive and it's nicely portable, but I'm sorry I bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by CaraDeedee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Whoever marketed this as a non oily foundation is a big fat liar.I initially bought it because I don't want to use my expensive foundation during summer when I don't see anybody. For the first couple hours I had this on my face, it felt like an oil slick and mask like. Granted I didn't set it, it was unpleasant. My face also looked the shiniest its ever been with a foundation, which I actually don't mind much because I have dry skin and chase the dewy look, but I definatley don't recommend this to oily skinned people, it would be a nightmare. However, it dried in like an hour and looked normal. Despite the negative start on this review, I actually like this foundation a lot. The packaging is adorable, and the stick form is easy to quickly apply. It blends easily but can look cakey, so be careful how you layer it. The coverage is great and it has 10 colors to choose from. I often have problems with drugstore foundation colors being too pink or dark for me (Im really pale) but this foundation seems to match me really well. I admit I was drawn to it by the huge picture of Emily Didonato who is one of my favorite models (; It was 6.99 at cvs which isn't too bad, but it is a very small tube. Id repurchase it if I ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

do not use if you have SUPER oily skin. whoever said this foundation was oil free lied!

I have dry skin & was looking for a foundation that was quick and easy to use. i am the shade 355 coconut. It matched my skin perfect. I blended it out with my sedona lace flat top kabuki and got decent coverage. I don't suffer from acne nor do I have many blemishes so the coverage was fine. The coverage is very natural and gives off like velvet finish which I LOVE. I still set with a powder especiallyy on my forehead because this stuff can come off a little greasy. My only concern is with this product it fades after maybe 3 hours. So if you're going to run a few errands this is it. I wouldn't recommend this foundation for work, date nights or occasions where you will be out all day. I could see it being something I keep handy in my makeup kit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite not really being in the market for a new foundation since it's summer (because of the heat, I often skip foundation entirely and just use a light face powder), I picked this up on a whim. I was kind of intrigued by the gimmicky idea of a powdery-finish core set in a stick foundation. Every stick foundation I've ever tried has had a dewy/creamy sort of texture and finish, so I was interested in seeing how different Maybelline's might be.

In terms of finish, color me impressed! I wouldn't call it matte, but it has a very natural looking satin finish. It feels nice and light on while delivering medium buildable coverage. It has a creamy, smooth texture that glides easily and quickly on the face. The color range is pretty nice too. I wear a NW20 in MAC and the 115 shade fit me perfectly. It wears well over the course of the day, but if it has any shine controlling properties I don't see them. It's summer though, and nothing short of shellac could keep the oilies away from my nose and cheeks for long.

The only thing I'm not crazy about with this foundation is how it looks if I try to blend it out with my fingers. Rather than covering my pores, it sinks into them which is not a good look. It looks like I have hundreds of clogged little puddles of makeup on my nose. It looks great when blended with a brush (I've been using a travel size stippling brush from Japonesque) or a sponge so it's not too big of a deal, but with a product as travel friendly as a stick foundation, it'd be nice if you could apply this on the go without any additional products or tools.

Anyway, great foundation! I'm sure I'll be wearing this a lot after the weather cools down!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Choc0lat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was excited when I saw this at the local Walmart because stick foundations are generally convenient. I travel a lot, so the ease of application, convenient packaging, and the awesome shade selection are the benefits of this stick. The core is silicone based, so it is basically similar to a primer. And yet no matter whether I use this over bare skin, moisturizer or toner it slides of my oily skin within ONE HOUR. And the worst thing is that it clumps in weird patches that become visible, and so are the imperfections. First time I used this I was happy about the way it looked, my face became quite flawless. I didn't like the way it felt though, very silicone like, and when I looked in the mirror an hour later i was shocked. Really tried to like this product but didn't, will use it for quick errands but this will not provide hours of comfortable wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by breyerchic04

After a week of vacation on the beach my Urban Decay Naked foundation was too light, so when I was going out one night I ran into a drugstore to buy something new and saw this stick. I picked up the shade 130 which was perfect for my tanned skin. It's easy to apply with fingers and build up to cover minor problems, a light coat totally hides my redness. It looks great with powder, gel, and cream blushes. I'm not sure I'd say it is shine free, because it gives me a creamy dewy look and doesn't last all that long, maybe four hours of errands in and out. I will probably buy another shade when I am back to my normal color because I like the ease of application and portability but I don't know yet how well it blends into another foundation for touchups.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Fit Me products forever, especially the concealers. I couldn't wait to try out the foundation sticks when they were out. I found that they were really affordable and come in a nice container that is very sturdy; the cap has not fallen off. I have it in 440 Golden Beige, and I'll tell you what - this really does 'fit me'! The fact that it's a stick makes everything so much easier when I am on the go or just a touch up. I have oily skin and the anti-shine core actually makes my skin less shiny. It's very creamy and easy to apply, very easy to blend out with your fingers as well (although I prefer a foundation brush). It is actually very moisturizing and has nice coverage. I will definitely repurchase, especially since it's so affordable!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by gdeezy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when I heard about this product. The first reason is that for years all I wore was a stick foundation but stopped recently because I thought it was becoming to heavy for my skin. The second reason is because I had used the Fit Me Foundation in 355 and it was a perfect shade for me. I quit using it though because it was too oily and transferred way too easy. So I finally found the stick at CVS and I really like it. It goes on smooth, fits my complexion perfect (so perfect, you can't tell I have on makeup), and its definitely not as greasy as the liquid foundation. My skin feels velvety (like I used a separate primer). The only issue I have is that it doesn't give real good coverage. However, I just use concealer or my old heavy foundation stick to handle those areas. I still use a loose powder over the foundation to seal it, but I don't need nearly as much as I did with the Fit Me liquid. I purchased mine for $8.99, which is a lot cheaper than my old foundation sticks, but there isn't as much product either. Overall it is a good product and I would recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Meganmck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently saw a commercial for this foundation and thought, "I've never tried a foundation stick so let's try this one and see what happens".

Well.... I lost 8 dollars, that is what happened. This is, in my opinion, a really really bad foundation.

I would first like to highlight the positives of this foundation...
1. The colour - the colour of this foundation is a perfect match to my skin tone. But, I rarely have that problem with any foundation, so that's nothing special for me.
2. The consistency of this foundation is incredibly smooth and is easily blend-able.
3. Well... nope, there really isn't anything else.

Unfortunately, the negatives of this foundation far outweigh it's benefits.
The main issue I have with this foundation is how oily it feels and looks on my skin. Oily skin is not generally a problem for my skin, it never has been. So, when a foundation leaves my skin looking oily, that's a huge problem. To look at, my face looked shiny and greasy, like I hadn't bathed in weeks. To touch, the foundation felt like it was slipping and sliding around my face, and transfered very easily to my fingers. Once I added a setting powder, it took away the oily feel, but the fact that this is marketed as an anti-shine foundation, and left my skin this way completely ruins this product.

The second issue I have with this foundation is coverage. It gave me none. My skin is very sensitive and as such is prone to a lot of redness and the occasional acne breakout. One a normal day, my skin is the reddest on my cheeks and chin, and thus, it is important that my foundation provide at least a minimal amount of coverage to these areas. Once I had applied and blended this foundation, my chin and cheek area were no less red than if I was wearing no makeup at all. I had to use a heavy amount of concealer because my concealer was left to do double duty.

As far as the packaging of this product is concerned, it's just boring and doesn't stand out. Blah.

Would I recommend it? Not on it's best day. This is a terrible foundation, one of the worst I've tried in awhile. If you are someone with oily skin, avoid at all costs!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No