November 21, 2014 | 1834 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by breyerchic04

After a week of vacation on the beach my Urban Decay Naked foundation was too light, so when I was going out one night I ran into a drugstore to buy something new and saw this stick. I picked up the shade 130 which was perfect for my tanned skin. It's easy to apply with fingers and build up to cover minor problems, a light coat totally hides my redness. It looks great with powder, gel, and cream blushes. I'm not sure I'd say it is shine free, because it gives me a creamy dewy look and doesn't last all that long, maybe four hours of errands in and out. I will probably buy another shade when I am back to my normal color because I like the ease of application and portability but I don't know yet how well it blends into another foundation for touchups.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Fit Me products forever, especially the concealers. I couldn't wait to try out the foundation sticks when they were out. I found that they were really affordable and come in a nice container that is very sturdy; the cap has not fallen off. I have it in 440 Golden Beige, and I'll tell you what - this really does 'fit me'! The fact that it's a stick makes everything so much easier when I am on the go or just a touch up. I have oily skin and the anti-shine core actually makes my skin less shiny. It's very creamy and easy to apply, very easy to blend out with your fingers as well (although I prefer a foundation brush). It is actually very moisturizing and has nice coverage. I will definitely repurchase, especially since it's so affordable!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by gdeezy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when I heard about this product. The first reason is that for years all I wore was a stick foundation but stopped recently because I thought it was becoming to heavy for my skin. The second reason is because I had used the Fit Me Foundation in 355 and it was a perfect shade for me. I quit using it though because it was too oily and transferred way too easy. So I finally found the stick at CVS and I really like it. It goes on smooth, fits my complexion perfect (so perfect, you can't tell I have on makeup), and its definitely not as greasy as the liquid foundation. My skin feels velvety (like I used a separate primer). The only issue I have is that it doesn't give real good coverage. However, I just use concealer or my old heavy foundation stick to handle those areas. I still use a loose powder over the foundation to seal it, but I don't need nearly as much as I did with the Fit Me liquid. I purchased mine for $8.99, which is a lot cheaper than my old foundation sticks, but there isn't as much product either. Overall it is a good product and I would recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Meganmck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently saw a commercial for this foundation and thought, "I've never tried a foundation stick so let's try this one and see what happens".

Well.... I lost 8 dollars, that is what happened. This is, in my opinion, a really really bad foundation.

I would first like to highlight the positives of this foundation...
1. The colour - the colour of this foundation is a perfect match to my skin tone. But, I rarely have that problem with any foundation, so that's nothing special for me.
2. The consistency of this foundation is incredibly smooth and is easily blend-able.
3. Well... nope, there really isn't anything else.

Unfortunately, the negatives of this foundation far outweigh it's benefits.
The main issue I have with this foundation is how oily it feels and looks on my skin. Oily skin is not generally a problem for my skin, it never has been. So, when a foundation leaves my skin looking oily, that's a huge problem. To look at, my face looked shiny and greasy, like I hadn't bathed in weeks. To touch, the foundation felt like it was slipping and sliding around my face, and transfered very easily to my fingers. Once I added a setting powder, it took away the oily feel, but the fact that this is marketed as an anti-shine foundation, and left my skin this way completely ruins this product.

The second issue I have with this foundation is coverage. It gave me none. My skin is very sensitive and as such is prone to a lot of redness and the occasional acne breakout. One a normal day, my skin is the reddest on my cheeks and chin, and thus, it is important that my foundation provide at least a minimal amount of coverage to these areas. Once I had applied and blended this foundation, my chin and cheek area were no less red than if I was wearing no makeup at all. I had to use a heavy amount of concealer because my concealer was left to do double duty.

As far as the packaging of this product is concerned, it's just boring and doesn't stand out. Blah.

Would I recommend it? Not on it's best day. This is a terrible foundation, one of the worst I've tried in awhile. If you are someone with oily skin, avoid at all costs!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by nutella87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm.... when I first heard about a drugstore stick foundation, I got ridiculously excited. I had never used a stick foundation before, but figured that apply a stick would shorten the overall time it takes me to put on makeup, which is always a plus when I'd rather sleep.
So I waited for weeks it feels like (yeah my life is super interesting lol) for this product to come to Target and it finally did early July.
Well I bought this in 220, which upon initial sight seemed way too dark for my very yellow NC25 skin, but all the other colors around 220 seemed either too light, too pink, or too dark as well. Also, I had looked at swatch pics before hand, and knew that 220 applied lighter than it looks.

Anyway, I have combo skin: Dry cheeks, oily T zone, sometimes oily chin. I never use a primer, ever, and always top off when powder.
This applies very smoothly, and on myself, 220 is actually a tiny bit too dark and so I have to bronze up my neck a bit.
I usually use either a stipling brush or your typically foundation brush. With short strokes and good blending, this foundation evens out my skin tone, covers my pores, and makes it look like I'm not wearing anything at all! I really liked it at first.

However as the day progressed, I slowly got oily. Then by 3ish, I was super oily, everywhere. Sigh...

My suggestion is that if you have SUPER dry skin, this applies like a dream and looks great. It's light coverage, but I just need the tiniest amount of concealer for scars and such. For combo skin like mine, I think a primer would eliminate the oiliness that comes after 4 hours of wear.

Overall, I like it. I won't recommend it as HG, but it's good enough for days when I don't feel like using liquid or need to have perfect make up.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by lolitan

Being in Australia, this product has not been released here yet. So I ordered one off eBay, because the reviews on here looked so good!
Unfortunately, the product did not live up to the hype. I ordered colour 220, which was a pretty good match for my NC25 skin. The foundation itself felt really nice and buttery, but it slid around my face and faded after about 3 hours of wear. I guess I'm just used to colour stay, which does't shift at all! Also broke me out, and my skin is pretty resilient and not sensitive. Into the drawer it goes...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lastluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Praise the lord, the old Maybelline "3 in 1" foundation stick has returned in the fit me line!!! I have been awaiting for the return of this product for almosta decade! Improved color selection as well!

I have never really been a fan of foundation, it always feels heavy and cakey on my skin, but this product was my go to back in high school! Over the years I even ordered the 3 in 1 in bulk off eBay after it became discontinued.

This new product does everything that I loved about old: covers, long lasting, shine free, does not cake or appear heavy (perfect for summer!!)

I wear it over my moisturizer (garnier bb cream or oaly) for SPF coverage and it blends in perfectly. SO HAPPY!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this little stick. It was $6-something at Wal-Mart so pretty decent price. You don't need to use a lot of it anyway. The coverage is light but it is layerable without getting the "caked on" look unless you use way too much product. As someone with barely any acne and scars, this gives me a no make-up look while still covering my little flaws and evening my skintone out.

Application is easy peasy lemon squeezy! Simply glide on then blend! I don't see a need for a brush for this to blend, it's very blendable with fingers and goes on smoothly. There's also a large variety of colors and I love it because I found one that 110% goes with my shade! Too perfect.

I have dry skin and this formula DOES make my skin look a bit dryer/powder-y compared to liquid foundation but still beats the dryness I get from powders. I need to do some extra moisturizing for this, and it's summer, so I'm guessing during the winter this foundation won't be to good but we shall see. I also have sensitive skin and after a week of using, no reaction, so that's a plus!

I've worn it for 8+ hours for work (and I run around a lot!) and it stays on very well! Like the name says, definitely shine-free! I do not look gross or oily after my workday when I do with my other foundations/BB creams. As I am taking off my make-up, I also can see that there's a lot of product still left on my face after all those hours too!

I think this is definitely my go-to foundation for those everyday natural looks from now on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very disappointed with this foundation. It was my oily skin even worse. Was a bit difficult to apply at first. As the day wore on, my skin was an oily mess. Could feel the foundation slipping off. (Not sure if it contains silicones, as they can trap oil under the surface of the skin, aggravating the condition.) Would not recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Anonnone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was hesitant to get this because I only use bb/cc creams now (I find foundation in general to be too cakey), but the "anti-shine" feature really attracted me -- oily skin has been the bane of my existence since a teenager. But this product is truly amazing and now my favorite -- if you apply a lightish layer, it doesn't even look like foundation but does cover my acne scars well, and it does control oil more than any other product I've tried (even mattifiers). I have fair-light, pink-neutral skin, and 115 is a perfect match. My only complaint is that it's a little hard to blend -- I find it's easier using a sponge and working quickly.