August 30, 2014 | 1746 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by clp0930

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a lot of foundation and bb creams, but this is my favorite. I use 120 and I love how natural it looks. It isn't very heavy, if you have a lot of problem areas you may not like this foundation (fit me liquid and stick are both sheer). I set this foundation with nyc loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Meganmalone11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS! The size is so conveinant. It can fit in any purse or clutch. Also, it blends flawlessly into my skin. It covers and evens out my skin while still looking pretty natural. It's also lightweight. I apply this in streaks on my face then blend it in with a foundation brush. It's great. Thanks maybelline!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is greasy and it doesn't cover at all. It's for people with flawless skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by cyphadelic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a quick summer and travel foundation in place of my Dior foundation. I ABSOLUTELY love this stick! I stay shine free for hours and hours, even in this humid Houston heat. The color was a great match as well. The pigment is not as deep as my Dior foundation, but I do love it and will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Ella009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, before purchasing this product I read a lot of reviews. some were good while others were not. So I decided to take this upon myself and try it out. and I am happy that I did. (doing the happy dance in living room)
I have combination skin during the summer weather, and we all know about the dreaded T-Zone some of us ladies get when it's blasted hot/humid...our skin gets oily, greasy that we need to blot like crazy. frustrating, I know.
I bought mine in #340 (cappuccino) perfect match instantly! so I did the two lines and one line on my face and blended with a brush. A perfect light canvas on my face (which I don't mind as I don't like to wear alot of makeup), however, it's very buildable.
How did it fell on my face:

Pros:
-Lasted a good 7-8hrs on me without any touch ups nor blotting!(but results may differ on other ppl). I also used Cover Girl setting powder on top but only on my T-zone area.
-Blends well on skin
-Can build up for more coverage
-Leaves my face matte which I really really love
-Lot's of shades to chose from when it comes to dark skinned women
-Nice packaging

Cons:
-For the cost of almost $9 at Walmart you don't get a lot of product.

Do I recommend this product? Yes, I do. to those who may be looking for a summer foundation that which helps control shine and oil...ligh-med coverage which can be built to more.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by emgb

I think that the amount of product you receive is obscenely cheap (one inch of foundation, if even that) and it is way overpriced at $8. Why they cheaped out so severely I do not understand. I might if it were a concealer, but for a foundation, there should be more product. If you used this every day, I don't think it would last you longer than a few weeks. Blah! That aside, I do like it. I have it in 110 (Porcelain) and it is super light, almost too light even for my Elmer's glue shaded skin but that is the way I prefer it over something too beige or totally orange like most Maybelline foundations. It is very soft and powdery when you blend it, and gives very sheer coverage. It evens out redness and discoloration nicely. For acne or scarring, it isn't enough and for that I do use a sheer layer of a different fdtn over it, along with powder. To use it alone I would imagine you might have to have really good, clear skin or else this won't be helpful on its own. Either way, if you are looking for something really natural looking and don't mind being ripped off price-wise, this is a nice product. I can't for certain say that I will repurchase.. I'm not sure that I find it *that* functional yet for myself but if you're curious I do think it's worth a try. [[what a waffling review!]

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I returned this. It's not ghastly, but it's nothing special, either. I have so much other stuff that I like better than this. I got my money back and spent it at Sephora instead.

I tried this because I wanted something not too thick for summer (101 degrees where I live). After the catastrophic failure that Fit Me lquid fdt. was for me, I was a bit hesitant to try this. However, since it has such good reviews, and it's only $9, I decided to take the plunge. I found it at my local WG. No testers so I took a chance on #130. Not exactly a match made in heaven. A tad too dark, but I can make it work. I'll definitely need a lighter color for winter.

Coverage is very light, but since I do not have any skin issues now, I don't need that much coverage for everyday runs. I did set it with powder just to be on the safe side (I HATE gooey, melted-looking fdt.; so gross). And that's all I can say for the moment.

I said I would not repurchase it because I have tons of other fdts., most of which I prefer to this one. I got it for $9, so I won't kick myself if it turns out to be sub-par. Not brilliant, but not god-awful, either. If anything changes I'll let you know.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by mloman

After reading all the reviews I was excited to try this product. I love love love the concept!
I purchased it at CVS (not on sale), so the almost $10 was a bit pricey for the amount of product provided.
I'm a bit confused as to why most people reviewed this product as being light to med coverage. I found it to be very light coverage at best. I ended up applying it at least 4 times to get a med coverage. That is with a primer underneath. I do really like the ease of application, but am very disappointed with the coverage. If you go in knowing that the coverage is light, you should really enjoy this product. I will purchase it again, to wear when I want a day without a full face of makeup. A 'just a touch of blush and no eye makeup' type of day. I would never use this on a full makeup day. Wayyyyyyyy to sheer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

Update: I have determined the problem was the Olay. I've gone back to Clinique for skin care and already the oiliness is gone. So, once my skin gets settled down, I'll try this makeup again.

Original review: I'm so disappointed about this product. It made me very oily. After seeing such great reviews, I'm beginning to wonder if my problem has more to do with the skin care I use under my foundation? Maybe a good question for a forum. For reference, I use Olay total effects with the sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for an affordable drugstore foundation that is oil-free and that controls oil as well. This new one in stick form delivers on both fronts. Like one of the other reviewers suggested, apply two strokes for each cheek, on the forehead and maybe a single one on the chin. Blend with fingers, a brush or sponge and voila, you will have a beautiful, oil-free face for at least half the day. I do find that I need to do a powder touch-up after about four hours, but that's better than other makeups on the market that all seem to be oil-based. Words of warning though, these run pretty dark ( I got the 115) ; I have light-med skin with yellow undertones and found that the 115 is perfect for me. I'd say try before you buy if possible and if not, go a shade lighter than normal. Love the convenience and easy tote and travel of this makeup and hope it stays on the market for many years to come. Doesn't contain a sunscreen, but that's fixable in that you can apply a separate one before you put on this. Great new product!