October 31, 2014 | 1161 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Years and years of use are my review of this fantastic product. I have not reviewed it because I have it so close to me always that I overlook it!
It is refreshing. The mist is very very fine unlike MAC Fix. It is pure -- no scents or other irritants.

I use it at night over my night regimen creams to help the products penetrate. I use it in the morning after I apply my moisturizers and eye creams (hey at my age I have to keep each area well moisturized). I use it if I go to the beach to keep my skin moisturized. I use it after mu applications to get a dewy finish without shine.

I always have one in my bathroom. I always have one in my train case, and I always have one on my vanity.

I know other products get a lot of hype, but this is the Queen of Misters.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Adds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I love thermal water. I use it to set makeup, to refresh my face during the day, and to hydrate my dry skin. Since i get hard water from my tap, i find that this thermal water soothes my skin after its exposure to hard chemicals. My boyfriend also teases me when i buy it but he doesn't understand. Its amazing for setting makeup as it doesnt cause the makeup to run. It gives me that natural look im achieving. Furthermore, a spritz on my face during the day refreshes my makeup and makes my foundation look less cakey. I also use it after i cleanse my face as a toner to get rid of the harsh chemicals found in the hard water i use from my tap. I will repurchase once i run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by sisforsteph

love, love this face spray! It's pure springwater, no irritants, no chemicals. It's perfect in winter, perfect in summer...perfect all the time. I used to use Caudalie's spray but have switched to this. It's soothing & doesn't ruin makeup. +++ recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is my favourite water spray to freshen my makeup and to calm down my dry, chapped skin (during the winter months). I use this everyday during the winter months due to the dryness. I will continue to buy. I love Avene skincare products - Clean AC, Light Hydrating Lotion, Eye Cream, and this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by lenne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I’ve been using this product for over a year now. I first purchased this when my skin was extra sensitive and very dry, and I was trying out various products, of which most irritated my skin very easily. After reading online about some water sprays, I came across the Avene Thermal Water spray and popped into Boots to have a look at it. I was debating whether or not to buy it... as it just was just a can of water. According to the description, the water soothes and calms irritated skin – I thought, sounds great, but does it actually work? I decided to buy it.

One night I had a new jar of face cream I wanted to try out as my skin had been incredibly dry and flaky. After applying the cream my face started stinging and red patches appeared as it was irritated. I quickly whipped out the Avene thermal water and spritzed it over my face. It felt very soothing, and it calmed down the skin, and the patches were not so red anymore. I continued using it the next couple of days and the redness was gone. Usually when I get a reaction like that it would take about a good few days, up to a week even, for my skin to recover.

My face tends to get irritated and blotchy every now and again, so I continued to use this regularly and it has helped to keep my skin under control. I usually use it after cleansing and toning. I spray this lightly over my face, and then pat it in with my hands. Then I apply my moisturiser after it. I find that using the thermal water spray before I moisturise makes the moisturiser go a long way as I don’t need to use as much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive skin and when I use wipes to remove my makeup (I try not to but have to when I go swimming after work!) my skin gets so red and stingy. This soothes and cools and calms it instantly.
My mother in law is just the same with regard to sensitive skin and I have got her hooked on this too!
Fir just £2.99 for a little handbag sized spray can it is perfect and great value. Very refreshing in summertime as well.
Worth a try for anyone with delicate, sensitive kind prone to redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by streeetdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall a great find! I used to use the Shu Uemura Depsea Water Sprays to revive my skin during the day and/or set my makeup, but it got a bit too pricey for my liking. Now that I've discovered Avene's Thermal Spring Water Spray - there's definitely no going back :) I love the air-tight packaging complete with a nozzle spray because I'm kind of a germ freak. I can use it to set my makeup (instantly takes away the 'mask' look and makes makeup more dewy and 'real') and to replenish skin moisture levels during the daytime - especially useful if you're working in an air-conditioned environment. Recently on a trip to Malaysia, there was no clean water and I was sweating like mad and was so sticky. Luckily I had my can of mist with me and spritzed all over my face/neck areas liberally then patted dry with tissues. Definitely saved me from a case of sweat rashes forming - yes my skin is that sensitive! For us ladies with temperamental sensitive skin, which reddens whenever it wants to for no reason, this is a great go-to product to instantly calm and soothe. After spritzing - touch your skin. It feels more supple and hydrated. Using this product over time increased my skin's elasticity - it wasn't this firm a couple of months ago. That's a plus! It's choc full of minerals too - I've only got good things to say about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by bellefish

This is the first Avene product that I got. I loved it so much that I got a back up. Good for razor burns, irritated skin, using it as a fix plus, and as a toner. Because it's just water, I do feel that it's a bit pricey. BUT, I do think it has great moisturizing effect. I rather use this than a real toner or moisturizer because it is absolutely gentle on my skin. However, I do think my Rose Water from New Leaf works just as well. I will repurchase this again if I have extra money to spare. If not, I rather stick with my Rose Water that works just as great but a lot cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, I do have oily skin. So even though I have heard about how people use MAC Fix to get rid of that cakey face, but i would be too worry it might break me out. I decided to try avene thermal water because after all, i do need something to help with my mineral makeup. I use this to set my mmu, or to apply my mmu when i need more cover. Both been working out pretty good so far. Though I don't know if using this thermal water has actually improve my skin condition over all as I still have lil pimples here and there.. sometime. I would most likely repurchase if i ever run out :]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ArretezCharlotte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After splashing £25 on an Avène moisturiser, an Avène scrub and these, I find it very ironic that the £2 of that sum that went towards the two little bottles of this stuff (Boots had them on BOGOF) was the best spent money of the Avène spree by some margin.

It's clearly not a miracle worker and while I'm sure the use of spring water instead of, for example, filtered tap water, does have its benefits, I'm not convinced they're quite as numerous as the brand would probably have us believe. But this stuff does exactly what it claims it will. It's beautifully refreshing. It soothes dry, red, itchy skin. It revives tired skin and makes it look all dewy and fresh. It 'de-mask-ifies' foundation and helps it to set a little (although this must be done from a distance or it will just run into a splodgy giraffelike mess - and I don't suppose it would do much to a cheap foundation other than melt it).

Above all it's just fun to use and great for people like me who can't keep their extremities still for more than about 45 seconds. As much as my poor Law teacher is probably driven nuts by my constant whipping out of this stuff to mist it noisily on my face/forearms/chest/best friends' faces or backs... I'm sure he prefers it to the alternative which is constant hair-brushing, thinking aloud at length, the chewing of gum and (his) pens, or scribbling fruity messages on the tables.

I suppose when you think about it, paying that much for a little aerosol of water that will last no more than a fortnight at most if used regularly isn't all that frugal, or sensible, but I think I'm just about still un-old enough to warrant the waste. I'll put off being sensible until I leave full time education.

11 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No