July 30, 2014 | 2178 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Agharzeddine

This is the best palette for daily use, The mattes are easy to blend and the highlighter is to die for. The price is great in comparison to the naked 1 and naked 2 palettes. Should definitely be in every girl's makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had seen this at the store but not really looked closely at it...then urban decay was having a 20% off sale, so I bought it. When I opened it and looked at it, I thought, "boring, flat, gonna be chalky looking...why did I buy this". Well, I decided to go ahead and put some on...and still was thinking it was boring and kind of flat.....but, once I added one of my colorful shadows in the crease, and began playing with the whole look....it was awesome! It looked creamy, not matte or flat like I thought, and really added alot to the overall look of my eyes. Being older, I will use some shimmer but need mattes-but with alot of matte colors, they look dry, chalky, and end up making me look even older...... so if you are looking for creamy mattes that don't do that, this is a must for all of us mature women!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by hollygkb

Great colors! My only complaint is they're a little messy but I overlook that because you're getting great neutral colors packaged together!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Mimize

This palette is perfect ! The colors are creamy and beautiful. You can use this palette with basically any other palette to balance the shimmer eyeshadows. A must have !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by crysta656

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really LOVE the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. I was having a really hard time choosing between all the Naked palettes as I have a really hard time wearing shimmer shadows and really like matte shades as they look more natural on me. So, I bought the palette and I'm so happy I did.
The colours are really amazing and super blendable. The formulation itself is a dream, so nice and creamy. All of the colours were flattering, create that perfect natural no makeup/makeup look and I was even able to use Faint as my brow powder (cha ching) as it matched perfectly!!
The only bad thing (well two bad things) that I have to say about the products is the packaging and lack of a brush.
While I love the size of the palette (perfect for travel), I can't stand how it opens and closes. It could just me the palette I got, but it's a pain in the rear to open and close. I mean, it's like, breaking fingernails hard to open which is really annoying.
The other thing that would be nice in the palette is a brush. Both the Naked and Naked 2 come with a brush and since this palette is amazing for travel, a miniature brush similar to the one in Naked 2 would have been a dream.
All in all, I really do love this palette and will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this to add to my Urban Decay naked palette collection, and appreciated that there were more neutral mattes to mix and match with colors I already owned. However, I find that I use this for travel a lot, as the case is small and perfect to slip in my bag. I also don't mix and match with my other palettes a lot, just use this as a daily soft, neutral look that compliments my pale skin and green eyes and is great for work. The shadows are pigmented and buttery, and with the primer potion underneath they last all day. These aren't your typical exciting sparkling UD colors, but more a grown up version of them. Would definitely repurchase, but this will last for a long time.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A great matte palette. Highly recommend or "mature eyes". Excellent quality with no sparkles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my 1st UD Eyeshadow, as well as my first matte shadow palette and I'm impressed! The colors are perfection, as well, for me. My eyelids are no longer as smooth as they used to be and I've been using PP for years (Original, Eden & recently Greed!) ... so bring on the matte shadows! I've had trouble finding eye shadow in varying shades of white, ivory, cream beige with good color payoff--this has 4 with very little to no shimmer! I have many middle & dark browns. Love each color, I've never bought a palette with so many shades I know I will use daily. The powders are elegant and less powdery then what I am used to (Cliniue & EL) and they not only stay on, but hold true to color. The price tag I thought was a bit high was justified by the quality & versatile shades, sometimes you get what you pay for! It seems there are a few other "Naked" palettes I need to buy & test, I do believe I'm a bit obsessed with these colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Mayita23

Love this palette! beautiful matte colors except for a highlight one but it's just as great! Complement my UD N2 beautifully but it's just as wonderful when used alone! I have found myself picking this up more than any if my other palettes! Great for everyday looks. The dark almost black shadow is great to use as an under eyeliner for that smoky look. Great color payoff! Only downside is its a bit hard to open who knows maybe its me, but because of it I've already slightly gashed one..*tear* lol

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by daniellepastirchak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette is matte, so it's not as creamy in texture as Urban' s other shadows, matte wise, the texture is wonderful. This palette may not be for people who really love the more shimmery shades by urban. If you love matted, I highly recommend this.