Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/25/2013 3:25:00 AM

This has some awesome neutral shadows in it that can create so many looks. It was about $25 at Ulta I believe which is pretty reasonable for such smooth, pigmented, and versatile shadows.

on 7/24/2013 4:00:00 PM

I bought this palette to achieve my everyday pin-up inspired look, and it has been working perfectly! The matte colors are very classic, wearable, and they all look great on my very pale skin! All of the eyeshadows are creamy, pigmented, and long-wearing! As an added bonus, the packaging is sturdy and great for traveling! I highly recommend this palette for all those in need of basic matte eyeshadows!

I really like this product! However I find the that "Naked 2" and "Walk of shame" are really chalky! Which is to back because walk of shame is such a beautiful color!! I still often use it but ind the texture a little odd! I love Venus and Foxy however, they are beautiful!! I don't really use Crave and Faint because they are way to dark for me! I do really like this palette and would recommend it!

on 7/18/2013 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This palette is perfect for anyone who loves mattes, used mattes everyday, or needs a small palette.

I use this palette every single day. I use the darker shades, mainly Naked 2, in the crease as a blending color, I use the lighter shades, mainly Foxy, to blend on the brow bone, and Venus is the best highlighting color I've ever seen and used.

This palette is very worth the price and works very well with either of the Naked palettes, and with any look you do, really. Definitely worth the money!

on 7/16/2013 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

amazing amazing amazing!!! this palette is so easy to use for a quick neutral smokey eye. it usually takes me 3-5 minutes to do a really nice look with it. all the colors show up on my NC42 brown skin. best used with a primer, something like mac paintpot soft ochre/painterly.

if you need an idea on how to create a very quick and easy look with this palette, i've created a 3 minute tutorial on youtube linked below. check it out and be sure to comment and let me know what you think :)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Wowza! This is my favorite all time eyeshadow palette! It always calls my name and I end up using it everyday! I feel bad for my other eyeshadows! :( but you can create basically ANY look with just these 6 shadows! It's perfect! The shadows are so soft and blendable. And with the UD shadow primer... They stay on ALL day. HG product! Alot of people complain about the price but honestly $27 for 6 shadows is $4.50 for each. The Loreal infallible shadows are $7 alone. And normal UD shadows are $18. So this is a bargain! If you haven't tried them yet.... What are you waiting for??! xx -beautybrehyn65 from youtube

on 7/11/2013 2:27:00 PM

I really liked the idea of this because I LOVE UD matte eyeshadows but the first three are basically identical and I never use black so I only liked two of the eyeshadows so I just returned it which is a shame because the staying power was amazing and I normally have trouble with that.

on 7/10/2013 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this little travel size palette. The shadows are perfect for either a natural naked look or for a smoky look too. I don't even need an eyeliner with this as the 2 darkest shadows Faint and Crave work well for defining the eye. These shadows are soft enough that they pick up well with a brush but not so soft that you get a lot of fallout either. These are very blendable. I use this little palette for eye shadow, eyebrow powder, eyeliner, and it even works for doing face contouring. The case is solid plastic with a soft finish that feels good to the touch. The case is a pretty gold/bronze shade and has little gold shimmers throughout. There is a nice sized mirror inside the lid and it's actually big enough to see both eyes in so you can touch up on the go. This does not come with a brush or applicator which I wish it did for travel. This is easily purse sized and it's very portable and takes up so little space. It's smaller than my cell phone. This little beauty is a bargain at $35 considering you get all these products and uses in one tiny compact.

on 6/30/2013 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am so glad I tried this! Like so many of you, I thought it looked a little boring, too. I wanted to try some matte palettes from different lines (some I'd never used before) to restock after a major clean-out. I bought Stila in the know, Too Faced matte, Kat von D Ladybird and Naked Basics. To just look at them, the others definitely are sexier, with more diversity and number of colors than Naked Basics. But the only one that gives me a complete, wildly flattering and subtle look is this quiet little palette. These are ideal colors for my easily-washed out complexion and blue/grey eyes, and they are all in one tidy little place. This is going to make things so fast and easy in the morning. No more flipping over lots of pots, or trying to remember and locate the liner I'd liked last Wednesday. Sometimes limiting choice can be a great thing. In this case it lead me to discover the genius at work in this palette. They give you a cool and warm base, and a satin highlighter--the reviews are full of interesting ways to use them--and I'm glad to have all 3. Then you have the world's most perfect cool/neutral taupe, Naked 2, and the deeper Faint to use on the lid or crease. All of these have wonderful texture, plenty of pigment without being heavy and apply smoothly, and somehow, luminously. But the big surprise for me was Crave, the darkest color. I always, always use brown mascara, because black looks artificial on me and makes my eyes look small. So I assumed that a brown/black like this would have the same effect. Not so--in fact it is the most beautiful liner I've ever used. This liner actually makes my lashes look better and thicker instead of looking like eyeliner sitting on my lid. When I really look at the base of my lashes, they are brownish black. So I guess matching them makes more sense than applying a random brown, grey or navy. It also applies wonderfully well wet or dry. It seems ridiculous given how long I've bet at this, but this liner is a true revelation. What more could I want for $27? As to my other three palettes, the Stila and Too Faced are more like the mattes from days past--within each palette, some are choppy, some are chalky, some have no impact, and the darks ones don't really line well. I have to admit, the Kat von D shadows are really nice, but too dramatic and too warm-toned for me. Maybe I'll save them for some day I am feeling bored (which sadly, might happen) or have somewhere fancy to go (which is less likely.) In fact, I'd almost like to return the other three, just to have the pristine look of just the one perfect palette, but I don't want to get banned from Sephora. But Naked Basics is, no other word for it, perfect.

Update: It just gets better. Love that they gave you one satin so you don't have to supplement for evening, or if you want a touch on the inner corner, under the brow, or in the Trish McEvoy manner, a dab on the "ball" of the eye. Then I discovered a great new use for Faint. I love Crave, as I said above, but being so dark and intense, it takes some careful work to line with it, wet or dry. When I'm in a rush, I now just use Crave very sparingly, concentrating on from the pupil to the outer corner, and then use Faint on top, widening it out as I go to give me more of an almond shape. I'm finding I like this even better than Crave alone. Subtle, but just beautiful, if I do say so myself.

on 6/29/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

First of all, let me say that I almost did not buy this palette. When it was released last fall, I was disappointed. It looked boring. However in December I had a 20% of prestige brands coupon to Ulta so I decided to give it a try.

This is now one of my most used palettes. I rarely use it on its own but I use it to complement many of my other shadows. Crave (the darkest shade) in awesome as a natural looking liner because of its deep brown almost black color. It makes my lashes look thicker and darker when I press it into my top lash line. I use the liner colors in the palette as transition shades or I'll use them to blend out other shadows that I own.

I also use this palette with some of my "wilder" eye colors to make them more wearable such as using a fun color on my lid with one of the two darker shades in my crease. The two lighter matte shades are also good as base shadows all over the eye before I begin applying other colors. I am fairly pale (N10-N15 depending on the time of year) and they neutralize any redness or purpleness on my lids.

I still can't believe how versatile this palette is even though it would be fairly boring on its own!

Popular Palettes

The Nudes
The Nudes
Contour Kit
Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products