April 17, 2014 | 1981 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think by now most of us have realized that BB creams are no miracle product and that most advirtizing is gimicky and exaggerated. I do think BB creams have a place in some people's makeup routines. I have been looking for a sheer but opaque foundation for my "good skin" days and this fills that place for me very well. Heavier than tinted moisturizer which was never enough coverage for me, but lighter than foundation. I do need a little concealor with it, but I don't need primer or powder with it so it is multitasking for me. I think this BB cream is best for oily or combo skin. It has a sort of dry texture. I typically use powder and or some type of spray to help makeup last all day but I don't need that with this. However, I do need to make sure my skin is well moisturized before applying.
I thought the shade fair might be too dark for me, but so far it is working and not turning orange. It is not making my itch or break out (a frequent problem I have) so far. The container is handy and I think I'll be taking this one with me when I travel rather than a heavier foundation. I use about a dime sized blob to cover my entire face, so I use more product than I would if I were using a foundation, but that gives me solid coverage.
I happened upon another use for this that I love. I have tried so many foundation primers and none have even remotely helped. I had a sample of this in the "light" color to try. I put it on and it was waaaaaay too dark and orange but I was on my way to work so I didn't have time to take it off so I just added some foundation on top (MAC prolongwear). It gave me the nicest finish. Now on days I want extra flawless skin, I use this BB cream as a primer. I like it way more than any official primers I have used. My skin looks so poreless and smooth.
Anyway, for me this does exactly what I want it too and it fills a hole in my makeup routine that I have been trying to fill for a little while.
FYI I have tried Urban Decay's BB cream which had zero coverage-I might have well just put lotion on my face. I even had too dark of a color on and I couldn't see it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I love this because the coverage is almost like a foundation and the color Light compliments my skin perfectly. Two things I don't like about it is that it's not very hydrating and it's lacking SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by jessahorsting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading reviews about this product I was very skeptical of buying it because I have acne prone skin. I tested it out at Wal Mart and I absolutely LOVED the way it completely matched my skin tone. I have trouble finding the perfect colour for winter so I decided to buy this. I brought it home, washed my face, put moisturizer on and proceeded to try it. At first I didn't think there was much coverage to it, since it basically is a tinted moisturizer. After letting it dry I put on my concealer on my trouble areas and finished with some pressed powder. I am so happy I didn't listen to the reviews and bought it anyway. I find that it works way smoother with a moisturizer underneath. It doesn't get cakey throughout the day and I like it even more than my MAC select cover up. It looks so natural on my medium tone skin, I got compliments on how good my skin looks when I went out after. I definitely recommend this product, it is fairly affordable ($10 at Wal Mart) the tube is a little small though but I will repurchase in the future!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by BayportMolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Was very excited to try this product but I wish I wouldn't have. It made me break out like I was in jr. high again. Also made my skin very dry and flakey. Do not buy this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Alinax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have the dryest skin ever, just dont buy it. This literally worsens your dry patches. My forehead was a bit, not so much, dry & when I used the cream, I started getting dry flakes. Even worse if you already have dry flakes and you use it. And forget it covering up your blemishes, b. s. Real sh-t attempt L'Oreal.(:

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Trilbynyc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product based on what I'd read but it is not for me-- even though it claims to moisturize, it is not for mature skin, period.

My skin is very smooth, unlined, no sun damage at all, but I am not a kid and I need a more dewy look to give my face contour and alive-ness. This BB cream turns completely matte and flattened the contours of my face so it looked like a deathmask. It was very unflattering. It didn't feel good either. My face felt dirty. I will say it gave very good coverage for something seemed to be invisible when being applied.

I've been using Aveeno tinted moisurizer for a few years and was so happy to get this BB stuff off my face and get back into my comfortable, dewy-looking Aveeno!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Matiress

Best BB cream out there. It does come out white, but settles into your skin tone...I dont' know how they do that! Gives a nice semi-matte apperance, makes my skin glow and does not make me look like I am wearing make-up. My female friends compliment my skin whenever I am wearing it. Bobbi Brown BB cream does not even compare.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mandycxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not terribly in love with this product, however for daily use it's not bad. My skin isn't perfect, but it's not horrible either. I get redness around my nose and cheeks, which gets covered sufficiently with this product. I still need to use a bit of concealer to cover acne scars though. Typically I use this as a day to day BB cream - for work/school or running errands, I don't use it for a night out. I find that the titanium dioxide in it causes me to look white washed in photos, but in natural light it evens out my skin well enough.
I do see what people mean when they complain that it's "grainy" or "rough" - definitely need a moisturizer under it. I have combination skin so I use MUFE HD finish powder over top to set it, otherwise I find the colour sometimes runs and looks patchy. Also, I'd suggest waiting a couple minutes after applying a layer of this because it takes time for the colour to set in.
I will keep buying this product though, at least until I can find another inexpensive BB cream/tinted moisturizer for every day use.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by amandatorres

This is okay. I was trying to find something to be more natural than my usual full coverage foundations and to let me skin breathe on weekends and off days. I have always been interested in trying BB creams, and I liked the packaging and all the good things this said it does. I used it twice, and it's okay. Nothing special. It's almost like tinted moisturizer. I have to make sure my face is very moisturized, or it settles in the cracks of any dry skin. I got it in light, and it has an orangey shade to it that does not look natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

Lovely tinted moisturizer ( BB cream whatever people may want to call it). It is grainy, and applies as a white liquid that changes color and set demi-matte and powdery. It is sold in three shades in New Zealand, and I got the lightest. I was reluctant at first, but this is really good. I think the grains fill in lines, because I get an overall better complexion with it - coverage is light to medium and it lasts ok, but not till the end of a working day.Update Feb 2013: not so sure I still like it..it seems to darken through the day.