L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 4/13/2013 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am a huge fan of this product! I use the Fair shade. It is a daily staple in my makeup bag! I put this on after I apply my morning moisturizer underneath my foundation and setting powder.
The product itself looks white when it comes out of the tube, and as you apply it you can feel a sort of grainy texture, but as you blend it into your skin it feels and looks smooth. Blending is key! I really love that this product blurs imperfections like acne marks, actual blemishes, or other discolorations. It also helps neutralize redness. I have used the BB cream by itself in a pinch with a little powder on top and it provides a nice, clean look.
Overall, L'Oreal has provided us with a great product here! It's more affordable than designer BB creams, and as a college student I can handle the price tag and enjoy the results. Try it!

on 4/11/2013 5:00:00 PM

This is perfect when you need to run out and don't want to put on a full face. I feel air brushed and it covers all the uglies. However, does not last all day, but good enough for going out in public to run errands, go to an exercise class, chauffer kids. I would NOT wear it to work tho - need my full arsenal of make up products for that.

I've been using the fair shade for about a month now, and don't think I'll re-purchase. The product is OK used on its own; looks natural, has sheer coverage, and a matte finish. When used as a primer things get a little weird. I have medium sized pores, and while this does help hide them, my foundation begins to look odd after a few hours where my pores are largest. It's almost like fish eyes in paint - the foundation just runs away from the pores and leaves the BB cream. Very strange.

on 4/10/2013 8:53:00 PM

I HATED this product! It was grainy and hard to blend in with my skin. It was super orange and dark on my light skin

on 4/10/2013 7:47:00 PM

The first day I wore this I really liked it. Perhaps a bit too orange for my super fair skin, but that was easily fixed with a finishing powder. But by the end of the second day wearing it, my skin felt like I had a sunburn and was bright red, tight, and starting to break out. It was four days before I could put anything but my sensitive skin moisturizer on my face. I returned this - awful!

on 4/9/2013 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved the light coverage, matte finish and magic beads in this BB Cream at first but it ended up clogging my pores so bad after a week of irregular use. So sad I have to give it up.

I paid twenty-something for it in Australia, what a waste.

on 4/8/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Another BB failure here. I triend a sample but looked so terrible that I threw it away. Didn't like the grainy feel at first, the orange color and the fact that it sets super fast so you have to blend really quicky or it will look uneven/ cakey. Sheer/ medium coverage and matte finish.

I've been using the "Fair" shade of this BB cream for about a month and I like it a lot. It provides sheer coverage but is buildable. The finish is very natural and matte, but not chalky, and it doesn't accentuate dry patches. I found it was very easy to blend and matches my fair skin very well. I have relatively fair skin (I usually use classic ivory or nude beige in L'Oreal products) and this matched perfectly probably because it is so sheer and blendable. I think it would work well for very fair women as well.

I tried the "Light" shade in the store and it was very dark and almost reddish. I wouldn't recommend that shade and therefore would only recommend this product if you have fair skin and get the "Fair" shade.

on 4/8/2013 3:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted this product to work out for me so badly. So much so that I even applied it over a primer! (pretty much defeating the purpose of this product, but I'll get to that in a moment).

I purchased this in the shade "Fair" and have never in my life had a shade of make-up match my skintone so perfectly (which is also the reason why I went to great lengths to get this product to agree with me!). The coverage is pretty good for being a drugstore BB; perfect for light coverage days, and enough under a good powder for times of medium coverage.

With all of that said: this product sank right into my pores (in the bad way) and highlighted every little dry patch on my face. It didn't matter if I applied this right after exfoliating and moisturizing, or over a primer, if there was even smidge of dryness on my face it was quick to stick right to it. This product also has zero moisturizing properties and dries far too quickly for my liking, resulting in some streaking if you don't spread it fast enough.

I am sad to say that after using 3/4's of the tube (and multiple experiments in applying) I just could not get this product to work for me. It does not deliver any of the promised effects of a 'BB cream', and seems to just be an overpriced tube of light coverage foundation. Very disappointing! Would be happy to re-visit L'oreal's BB line when/if they work in a decent moisturizer.

on 4/7/2013 8:54:00 PM

This product.. I truly did not enjoy this. I have acne prone skin with a few dots on my face and this product was a powder finish kind of product, and I found the product would really cake around my acne. I felt it made me look cakey in general! The price wasn't any better either! I paid $21 for it hoping it would work! But I would be cautious on this product.. Don't recommend it at all!