April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I did not purchase use I just tried out my mom's bottle. But I am glad that I did not buy my own bottle of this. My skin is sensitive, acne prone, prone to redness, and combination (but more on the drier side.) The color that my mom had in the foundation is W5 Sand Beige (which I knew when I tried would not match my cool toned porcelain skin (I am a little lighter than an NW05.) But I do not think the lightest colors of this foundation would match me because I tried the lightest shades of original true match foundation in W1 Porcelain (too yellow) and C1 Alabaster (too orange.) But the foundation did go on really nicely and blended really nice and gave pretty good coverage. It did not feel heavy but it sort of felt thick (which was more than likely due to the fact that I rarely wear foundation or other face makeup.) I only had this foundation on for five minutes (I did not wear it outside I was only testing the feel and coverage) my skin started to itch and burn. And when I took it off my skin was really red and irritated. I have really sensitive skin that reacts to pretty much anything that I put on it. The ingredients are not good for my skin either since I have overly sensitive skin and acne prone skin. The ingredients that did not agree with my skin were: Dimethicone (sensitivity;) Titanium Dioxide (allergy;) and Bismuth Oxychorlide (sensitivity: redness and itching and acne.) I did not read the ingredients list before putting this is on my face (which is at my fault and mistake.) I am just glad that I tried this foundation without wasting my own money on a bottle of it. The packaging is an improvement though to the original true match packaging now that it comes with a pump and you do not have to tilt the bottle to get the foundation out. I think that for someone that does not have sensitive skin or acne prone skin and who can find a match may like this foundation so if you do please save you and your skin the hassle and not purchase it. It just did not work for me which no foundation I have tried thus far has. But my skin is calmed down now after cleansing it off my skin. So no lingering irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by tanyab78

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! It's the best d/s foundation that I have found. I'm usually NW20 or 120 Buff in Revlon Colorstay and besides Colorstay, this is the best d/s foundation color match I have found. It's not to light for me, doesn't go dark or orange at all. If you have even the slightest bit of oil (which I do get), just powder a little after the foundation sets for a bit and it keeps oilies at bay :) I'm N1-2 and I love it!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As has been said by prof. reviewers on you tube, this is h/e m/u at the drugstore, and I believe it. More coverage than a TM, but not more than med, can barely feel it on, and though no shimmer, a glow that moves light away from wrinkles, etc. It feels like silk on, is liquidy and best for normal to dry skin. I have super dry skin and assumed like every other fdtn I would need a mosit. underneath and for the first time ever had oil breakthrough. You won't be happy if you have oily skin with this. The glow, light/silky feel make it a h/e pick. The colors are not so great, though. I am NW20, got N1-2 (one color) and it's light, but the N3 was really orange and dark. Seems there are colors for fair and med, but not light. But N1-2 will not work, it is really for Mac N1 or NC10-15. L'oreal ruined maybe the best d/s foundation by skipping light toned skin - there should be an N2, W2 and C2. So many people have NW20-25 and NC20-25 skin that I have to give this only three stars.

EDIT: compared to UD Naked, which launched right after this, with it's 18 shades and skin like look, I am not interested in Lumi anymore. Compared side by side the Lumi looks like m/u, the UD Naked does not, why I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was really excited to buy this bc i love pump bottle foundations and i like having glowing skin, the lightest shade i could find was too dark for me, it gave me almost no coverage, i saw no glow, and it was too liquid, runny for my taste, also at $14 was kinda expensive for a ds foundation, im going to take it back and get something i do like

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice product,
light, easy to apply (blendable, buildable, doesn't settle
into wrinkles and pores)

The finish is impeccable: natural matte,
yet doesn't broadcast flaws, etc.

This is much better than the True Match...
just better at application, on formula,
on finish... just a better product.

I used C3... which just works.
In the True Match I can wear N3 and C2...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by lynear

I am so sad this didn't work for me, as I love L'Oreal's True Match line...but the problem I have with that one is the same problem I have with this one: Oil City.
After 5 hours in this, my face is so oily I can slick it off my face. My face gets even more shiny with this than with regular True Match because of these little "illuminators". So sad, because I really love the coloring and consistency of the liquid in this line.
I've tried every foundation, it seems. With primer; without. With moisturizer; without. Plenty of powder; minimal powder.
I am DESPERATE to find a drugstore foundation that doesn't look like I've been wandering the Sahara desert in the middle of summer. If anyone knows of a great shine free foundation for oily/combination skin I'd love for you to message me! I think next I'll try Neutrogena Shine Control, but my hopes are dismal!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

On the first try I bought what I thought would be my color nude beige because that is supposed to be my color per the L'Oreal website and is my color in most of the L'Oreal foundation offerings but in this foundation that color went on too dark and turned orangey. Also this foundation lasted throughout most of the day, but I could feel it on my skin in the heat and humidity so it was not a love texturally. But if you don't care about that then definitely try this. I could build to medium coverage with some luminousity with this.

I think this compares to Lancome's Teint Miracle and since I already own that and have a color that matches fairly well with TI will not pursue finding a color in this right now but when I run out of TI I will definitely substitute this cheaper version.

Me: NC 25, supposed to be nude beige and that is what I wear in Visible Lift but in this I guess I would try a different color just to sum up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was really excited to try this foundation, seeing that it was from the True Match line. However, I was not so happy to see that their shade range is so limited compared to the original True Match... and they don't even have the lightest shade in the cool undertone range, I think that one starts off with the third darkest or something like that.

Anyway, I went with the Porcelain/Light Ivory one, even though it's Warm, I find that foundations with some yellow tones to them don't look bad on my skin.

First off, I love the packaging with the pump. I use about one pump or less for my entire face. I was surprised that it actually kind of dried to a matte/satin-y finish, but there was still that 'glow', even after I set it with my Welcome Matte powder from Hard Candy.

It blends in nicely, it is a bit of a thinner formula which I don't mind. I'd say light to medium coverage. Hours after wear, it still looks good and feels good (I'm really particular about how a foundation feels, because sometimes you get the ones where they just feel heavy, wet, or uncomfortable on your skin, and this one doesn't leave any of those feelings on your face).

I'm eager to see if this really does improve your skin over time like it's said to do. I tried the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation, but their lightest shade was too yellow and the next shade down was too dark, so I stopped using that not too long after I had bought it, but I did see an improvement in my skin while using that, I'm really hoping this foundation does the same!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by kaekai001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have try every foundation in the market.. This one is very impressive!I dont care much for Drug store foundation But this one is hit me hard feels like Nars sheer glow which is my favarite foundation.. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was extremely skeptical when purchasing this product the day I put up the new L'oreal display at work (I work at Walgreens). I didn't pay much for it. I think I paid $8 after coupons and employee discount. It retails, however, for $12.99. I've never had much luck with L'oreal foundations in general but I absolutely love this foundation.

I purchased this in W1-2 (Porcelain/Light Ivory). It seemed the most similar to my NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia, which is my perfect match. Thankfully our display had testers so I was able to pick out a great color. they're shade range seems pretty complete. I believe there are 18 shades (6 for each tone) Drugstores rarely have a match for me, which is why I tend to gravitate towards more expensive foundations. However, I think my expensive foundation days may be over

Upon applying this, I noticed it was very moisturizing, even more so than my $42 foundation. I have some pretty dry skin so this was a huge plus. It provided medium coverage, which is exactly what I look for in a foundation. I do not like an overly made up look. This foundation still lets my skin show through. For someone who has more problematic skin, I don't think this would be enough coverage. However, my skin is pretty clear so just some evening out of my skin tone and reduction of redness it all I need and this provides just that. I do set this with powder because it provides a little bit of a tacky finish, but that's with most foundations I use.

The packaging is perfect for me. I hate foundations that don't have a pump. This one has a pump and the silver top makes it very sleek looking. Nothing I don't really like about it.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG 9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides