November 21, 2014 | 408 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ristari

This was my first foray into BB creams and I haven't been disappointed. I have tried applying with a foundation brush and with my fingers, and have found using just my fingers best. Unlike the Clinique and Elizabeth Arden tinted moisturisers I used previously that seemed to sit on top of my skin, and got quite itchy after a few hours, this seems to melt right in.

I bought the "Apricot - Universal" shade of this BB cream while traveling in Germany. I was skeptical the bright orange "universal" shade would suit my tan skin, but it blended in fantastically, neutralising redness and blurring any blemishes. For reference, I am a MAC NW40-NW45 depending on how much sun I've seen. :)

It is quite a light coverage, so if you're looking at hiding spots or marks, you may need to layer with other products such as a concealer. I don't consider this an alternative to a proper liquid foundation - but it's perfect for me for every day use as I don't like wearing a lot of makeup.

Pros:
- Price (I think it was less than 10 Euros)
- SPF30
- Light coverage, "no makeup" look
- 8 in 1 product is great for travel
Cons
- The tube can be a bit messy to dispense from
- Break through shine by end of the day (usually I just blot, or if I'm going out, cleanse and re-apply)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Awijemi

Its okay. Actually, its great EXEPT I got the wrong colour. Medium to deep. Shoulda been light to medium. Overall it worked great, felt smooth, just too dark for me. Its not too dark, but s bit tanner than me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Deviedoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I'm not impressed. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed in the whole product.
It does even out the skin tone a bit, and I enjoy that, and I love that it has SPF 30, but I do not recommend this for grand makeup looks or people who live by their foundation. For a simple every day, or going to an outdoor concert or festival, I think it'd be perfect. That SPF is a huge thumbs up from me, but the lack of pigmentation, and "blurring imperfections" as the product says it does, really disappointed me. I don't usually wear a lot of makeup, I like a natural look and feel on my face, but this was so sheer it almost felt unnecessary to have on. Rather than using a translucent powder to set it, I ended up still using my foundation powder to get some color onto my face and cover my pimples. If I have to use a foundation powder with the cream that supposed to do what the foundation does (and more!), what's the point, right?

In the Fall, I attend lots of concerts, events, and festivals; pumpkin picking, and harvests and whatnot, so I'll wear it to several of those because of the SPF properties and I don't really have to look all fancy-fancy, but I do not recommend this people who are looking for a notable change in their complexion. It's not a good foundation replacement, it's not even really a BB "cream." It's barely like a tinted moisturizer. It's more like a lightly tinted SPF lotion..

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by mikiichann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this before the hype and enjoyed applying the smooth gel-like formual and have smooth skin allllll day... until I got home and looked in the mirror (T^T) I looked like someone had slapped me in the face with tanning cream. It oxidized so badly! I dunno if it cause of the Aussie weather, but I was so disappointed (T^T)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by RedWingKitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used so many different BB creams and this is by far the best I've bought for me. I apply a primer before hand, and then I apply this with a brush, and then I use a little bit of foundation and my skin is pretty much flawless and it lasts right until I take it off! And, my skin is far from perfect, it has many flaws! This BB Cream is easy to apply, easy to blend, and a little goes a long way. It evens out my skin tone, hydrates the dry areas on my face, covers redness, covers dark circles... I just love it. I've used so many BB creams and thought they were a silly gimmick until I used this one. Would highly recommend, and would highly recommend applying with a brush rather then fingers! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by babyboohoo

Well, first of all, when BB Creams came out, i was pretty excited to try it.. But then.. *BAM! This is so horrible!! It makes my skin look oily and it doesnt blur my imperfections at all. Worst ever :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by chubbymuffins835

I bought this because of all the hype it was getting but i honestly dont think its worth the hype unless you have clear smooth skin. I have problems with minor acne and this claims to "blur imperfections" and it did blur them... but only for 10 minutes then i noticed my skin became oily. this is very sheer and i don't like the way it feels.. its very runny. i will finish this product because its not terrible i just don't think this does anything for my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by SaraEmily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product and have come to the realization that it definitely needs to be set with a shine control powder to reach it's full potential. I enjoy the texture of the liquid as it is very light and blends in easily. I didn't realize how shiny my face gets with it on until seeing pictures that were taken recently while wearing it. I am going to pair it up with maybelline dream matte powder tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Maycup000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probaly the best bb cream I have found. It doesn't break me out the the garnier and it's doesn't make me oily like the Mac, Olay, smashbox, urban decay and cover girl. Although it doesn't keep the oil away 100% if I set with me rimmel stay matte I am good for the rest of the day. Defiantly worth it for combo/acne-prone skin like mine.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by waldorfwannabe

Smelt so bad and packaging leaked all through my bag. I don't know if maybe I got a dud but it was really really liquidy and impossible to apply with anything except my fingers. It also separated :/