April 20, 2014 | 2051 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by vickyboo

Firstly and most importantly, I have never used an Asian BB cream therefore know no different. I first tried the original Garnier BB cream and was disgruntled when it oxidized and went orange - it was also oily and I just generally wasn't impressed. I had no idea what people were talking about when they hyped up the product. I then convinced myself to try this BB cream and am pleasantly surprised. It goes on nicely, it makes my skin feel like it can breathe and it doesn't look 'cakey' which a lot of (real) foundations do. I have really great skin (thanks mum!) so all I am ever after is something to even out my skin tone and this does that perfectly! I haven't tried it in winter yet, but as it is summer it matches my skin tone quite well - I am pale (ie: my skin doesn't tan), a number 01 (Ivory) in Revlon Colour Stay (which I use when I go out at night) - this could be because I use a finishing powder (Becca in Eggwhite) and it tones down the oxidization (I think!) but we will soon find out when winter rolls around! I use this during the day when I am at work or out during the day on the weekend, it's also got SPF which is really great as I often forget to apply on my face! Despite it being my go-to for the day time, I have also worn it out a few times in the evening to events and people have always complimented me on how my skin looks. Basically it is just something I can wear whenever I don't want to spend the time putting a 'full face' on.

So far, the only thing I dislike about it profusely is the packaging - it is hard to get the product out (when it is nearing the end) when I squeeze the package it squirts out everywhere, including my mirror and myself and it runs everywhere, leaving the cap and sides gunky. Otherwise it's great and definitely my go-to quick and easy option for my every (day) wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by celinerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple of days ago because I guess I got caught up in the BB cream hype and since I'm only in my mid-teens I wasn't ready to try a full face for foundation. The price was alright; I bought it on sale for NZD$16. The Medium shade suits me quite well (I'm around an NC35 in MAC) and I was happy to find that it oxidised to match my skin tone perfectly. The product is quite runny so I would not recommend storing it upside down like the packaging implies. It's fairly easy to apply and blend, however it seems to dry out my combination skin and makes my nose, cheeks, area above my eyebrows and forehead peel. I've found that the solution is to moisturise thoroughly first. Personally, I use an aloe vera gel and apply the BB cream on top while it's still damp on my face and I've found that it works like a charm, probably because although my skin is oily, it might not be oily enough. The product is very lightweight on the skin but I find it doesn't cover my acne discolouration. Other than this, it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by MetteRA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is great! Awesome coverage for a BB cream, yet feels very light. Easy to apply, and makes my skin look matte all day. One con though - it's a little too pinkish for me. I'm neutral/yellow, and this makes my face look a little too pink - but I still love it. Will definitely buy it again...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Lanie239

This product is amazing, it gives great coverage, it gives me a matte finish so no need for powder, oil free so it doesn't cause acne, it lasts all day and it will work to get rid of your acne.

The down side: it can look to dark (although that whats bb creams are meant to do), it can make your skin dry but that can be fixed by using a moisturising primer and the product is very runny and can easily spill on its side or tilted down you don't usa a lid.

But overall it's a great product and I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by festinalente90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the second bottle of this cream. It's perfect. I do not need powder after it. My skin does not get oily with this product. In the morning when I hurry or when I want my skin is particularly matt then I do not put any ordinary face cream than just this, and so does great work. Otherwise, my skin is oily, and I have enlarged pores. I think I will not buy powder anymore because I do not want my skin "not breathing." Oh yes, cover is also great and does not require a large amount of product. One pack takes me about 7 months :)
P.S. sorry about my English, I am from Croatia ;)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Linlovesxo

Okay I havenít written a review in a while but I honestly HAVE TO write about this. When the Ďoriginalí Garnier BB first came out, I ran to my cvs to get my claws on itÖ and I hated it. Iím in my early 20ís, combination oily skin and I live in south Florida (forever humid and extremely hot). I tend to be very kind to my skin and because I moisturize heavily at night, on most days I tend to skip day cream because if I add any more moisture and my skin becomes an oil slick. The original Garnier BB was a NIGHTMARE, it made my look wonderfully glowing for about the five minutes after I applied it but then OILSLICK, that would run off my face within a couple of hours (plus, I think it might have broken me out). I knew this product was out overseas way before it American stores but to be completely honest I thought it would be the same thing as the first BB, and I was not about to pick it up. But as all of my drugstore purchases begin, I had a coupon. Boy oh boy, was I wrong. This stuff is amazing. It controls oil better than my MUFE Matte Velvet +Ö I KNOW. It has amazing coverage for BB and it wears surprisingly long, however the color is a bit off. Iím about a solid 20 and I can get away with either NC or NW (mac terminology) but I find the light to be a bit dark and a bit too pink. But small potatoes because I love this.. for reference I think I love this more than the Líoreal BB (HG). I will update if anything changes.
PS.It is really, really runny but I really donít think that matters if the product works well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this in medium/deep on a card that was in a magazine, just out of curiosity. I've seen the American BB creams in drugstores for months now but never had the desire to try one. I never saw the point in them because they seen like glorified tinted moisturizers. I'm glad I tried this one though. I love how it looks like my natural skin, only better. This evens out skintone and gives my skin a more polished, glowing looking. Has nice coverage too!

I've now had this on for 10 1/2 hours, and it still looks as fresh as it did when I first applied! I didn't even have to set this with my MAC Studio Careblend pressed powder, which I use everyday to set my makeup with. I usually use the Careblend pressed powder to add more coverage. I'm surprised at how well this covers, while still looking so natural! Also, I didn't have to blot my face at all! Huge plus! I absolutely love not having to blot my t-zone. (that gets so annoying!). i liked this so much upon application (loved the way that it looked) that I ran out to Walmart (only 5 min away) and purchased this. It was $11.97 for 2 oz, which is a steal. Compared to other foundations/tinted moisturizers/bb creams, where you only get 1 oz. (NARS Sheer Glow is $42 for 1 oz!) Love the tube as well. I think I may have found a more
affordable dupe to my NARS Pure Radiant TM.

(This is one of the more expensive drugstore BB creams. The Maybelline one was about $7. That's why I gave it a 3 for price.)

update: 2/22/13- i stopped using this and switched to the Revlon BB Cream (amazing) because this one breaks me out. I tried this out again today & i broke out again not long after applying this. I must be allergic to something in this. It's ashame because it really controls oil quite well and i love how it looks on the skin. i took off a lippie because of that. it's a nice product, just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by alexitas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

It avoids my face to be too oily. But it does not have a such coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Bellarenee1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Super cheap, great quality and great look.

I prefer this over foundation for an everyday look. I have skin that is soooo oily and this is perfect for me. I bought this product in light and i loved it so much. But then my friend had it in medium, which looked even better on me.

Must give this one a go. It also has great coverage

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by michelleg1234

I bought this product a few days ago willing to try something that would be light and healthy for my skin, sinse it was oil free and a BB cream i thought it would do good for my skin... however just a day after i used this as my foundation, i got 2 sore pimples on my cheek, which is very rare since im on skin meds and get pimples very rarely now.... so i don't recommend this product for people with acne prone skin as it irritates it. however it did provide good coverage for a 'bb cream' as it actually did blur acne scars. would not use this again though! xo