January 25, 2015 | 2146 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by msspark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Where do I start? I was so excited about getting this foundation. I ended up hating it. First of all, it has a terrible, terrible smell that after a few applications became really sickening. Secondly, it doesn;t last. Thirdly, the colour range is not complete for my likinig. It is hard to find something "in between" rather than deciding on a pale or orange dark tan. The bottle seemed cute at first but looks cheap now that half of the foundation is gone. As you see I had to share this with you - it's the worst foundation I have ever tried. Maybe slightly better than the clumpy essence one I used only once.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation that Rimmel has put out so far.
From a distance the coverage and the overall finish looks great and I was very happy with it as I wanted to find a cheaper foundation. It looks nice in dark lightening but if I walked into a shopping centre with all the bright lights I would feel embarrassed as all my imperfections show up and the coverage is suddenly not so great.
The staying power isn't what I expected either, it lasts about 6 hours and my face turned red and broke out after using it:(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by dunners

i love this product i saw it on sale and had seen so many reviews on it,i thought i might as well give it a go. It suits my dry skin so well and the best way for me to get that flawless finish with it, is to use a sponge it just leaves such a beautiful look to the skin, a dewy look! i gave it 4 out of 5 for the colour range its terrible! i have very fair Irish skin and the lightest one was too dark for my skin so i can only wear it with a bit of tan... yes im extremely pale but if the range was broader it would definitely be 5 out of 5

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Gill222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I colour matched this in the store on the back of my hands and really liked it so as it was on offer I bought true ivory which was a perfect match to my skin. I then went into another store with down lighters and glanced at my hands and lo and behold as another reviewer has mentioned they had a definite Edward Cullen look to them. Since I had shelled out £6 I gave it a go on my face (on a couple of very overcast days!) I still liked the cover and texture however this only lasts about half the day before needing reapplied. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by mka87

This is a lovely foundation BUT it seriously broke me out. I think I'm perhaps allergic to liquid products with talc in them but thats very much a guess. Every foundation I've had that has broken me out has had talc in it in some shape or form. A shame because this is actually a wonderful foundation (minus the horrific glitter particles - Why Rimmel, why?) Otherwise, a great colour match, beautiful and dewy, natural, practical pump, cheap etc. If only it didnt make me itchy, blotchy and pimply. As I say, I shame because it is a great budget foundation and very natural for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Josiemcosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After a couple years of using higher end, fuller coverage foundations almost exclusively I picked this up on a whim after hearing people rave on youtube about it. I have had bad experiences with drug store foundations in the past so I was a bit weary but.. I absolutely LOVE this foundation! It is sheerer then I'm used to but I really love the way it makes my skin look, so natural and it feels so light. I also really appreciate the pump since I am used to the annoyingly pumpless Double Wear.

I don't like the glitter and it bothers me particularly in natural lighting. This isn't a long lasting foundation by any means and after around 4 hours I really notice it wearing off.

However, I can absolutely put up with these flaws because I truly love the product, packaging, smell and price.. $15 next to Double Wears $70! Me oh my!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by iAmMollyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm.. this foundation makes my face look great from a distance although it kind of makes me look slightly red in the face up close.. i know, weird.
The glitter in it is horrible!!! I am fussy about glitter and reading the reviews, i was expecting glitter but people made out it wasnt that bad but WOW i looked like a glitter ball, its horrible! If you dont like glitter DONT GET THIS... its like a shimmer! i didnt really notice the glitter until i went out into the natural light, ouch.. not good.
I got about 4 hours out of this foundation on my face before it started to wear off.. i dont like it and wouldnt reccomend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Maddie08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this foundation nearly everyday for about two months now. I really like the way it gives good coverage but still looks natural and glowy. Also it smells great! Although, it can look a little too shiny so I always use a small amount of translucent powder down the centre of my face when using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by kirstyjen1

I have suffered from acne now since I was 19 and now 24. Being pretty obsessed with make-up and covering the acne I have tried LOTS of foundations. Over the years after trying so many "cheaper ones" as I call it.. i.e. Rimmel, Max Factor etc I eventually tried Estee Lauder Double Wear around 2 years ago and stuck without going astray other than to try Mac Double Wear once or twice. Always going back to the Double Wear. In recent months I have been following the PixieWoo and Pixie2Woo crew on youtube and heard great feedback about the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation.

It was £6.99 compared to the £27 odd I pay for double wear and to be honest, I thought to myself - I have no idea why I am even trying as I won't like it.

Well I am only 5 days in but I really can't tell you how much I like this foundation. It has perfect coverage and takes away all red marks on my face. I find it covers best using the Real Teqniques buffer brush after some initial blending with my fingers. I love the glow it gives me which I thought I would hate... and so far.. It hasn't provoked my skin to get any worse. It lasts the full day and really has impressed me so much.

To anyone out there who is thinking about trying this I would say it is most definitely worth it. Different things work for different people but this was for a change my lucky try and seems like a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by BeautysLittleGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i am only 12 but i need to wear foundation! i saw this in asda and at £8.98 it was pretty pricey! but its worth it it really brightened my skin and gave me good coverage! the glittery bits put me off a little but then when i used to full products i could not see them! i am defiantly saying you should get 6theis if your looking!