December 21, 2014 | 900 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by ElizabethZN

Love! I have normal to oily skin, and even though this foundation is usually recommended for drier skins, I love the look of it more than any matte foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by aoifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like ceciafb I love this foundation, but it doesn't love me!
The colour match was perfect, consistency & coverage lovely, was a bit shiny on T-zone after 4/5 hours, but fine otherwise.
But after a couple days of wearing this I got red, stinging blotches on my face & neck, that turned dry & flaky, while still stinging - even on parts of my neck where I hadn't touched with the foundation.
As soon as it happened I remembered that I'd experienced it before when I was a young teenager & trying out my 1st foundation, which was also Rimmel.
Sorry Rimmel - love Wake Me Up but there's something in the foundation ingredients that upsets my skin - which isn't even that sensitive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Nostalgicdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wear ELDW and that's £26 and it's the best foundation I've ever, ever tried.

However, whilst shopping I seen RImmel WMU on sale for £7 so thought I'd try it.

If I wasn't used to ELDW then I'd find this foundation really, really good but because I am used to such a perfect foundation then I found lots of downfalls.

PROS - it is by far the best Rimmel foundation.
It has built in glow/highlighter, brilliant finish for those who don't like a matte finish.
Blends well, unlike other Rimmel foundations, WMU didn't clog up around my hairline and eyebrows etc.
Leaves a very soft moisturised feeling.

CONS - My main concern was coverage, All though it has a fairly good coverage, after an hour it quickly became very thin.
Colour match was also a problem as I couldn't find one to be a good match for me.
Didn't last very long at all.

All together, I would buy this again as an emergency foundation but would have to build up the coverage.

PERFECT FOR - Dry skin who don't like a matte finish and like medium coverage.

NOT PERFECT FOR - Those who like a matte finish with very high coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by itsEmmaTime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation.. As in I want to love it but it wants to hate me.
I had read some reviews on here and saw that it worked for some pretty pale people, so I thought finally a pale cheap foundation.
Not the case.. I don't know how pale these people are who wrote the reviews but they're not pale if ivory works on them!! It's so orange! I look like an oompah loompah with it on! The colour does relax and become a little less orange after a while but if i didnt have a lot of time to wait around for it to die down then i'd be leaving my house looking a bit ridiculous! It's such a shame because I love everything else about this foundation! It glides on, blends incredibly, smells good, lasts fairly long on me but no matter how much I blend down my neck it just looks bad! For anyone who isn't as pale as me I do recommend this but sadly for us palies we'll have to keep looking :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Ella123candylover

Rimmel London wake me up foundation review

the foundation states to have an Antie-fatigue effect and a radiant glow and SPF 15. I love this foundation i agree with everything it says. It brightens up your face, makes you look healfthy and young.
The foundation does have very small glitter particals in it. This is for the radient glow. Dont worry they are extermely small and are not chunkey at all.
The texture of the foundadtion is very smooth and blend in amazingly. It has a very nice light smell and leaves your skin looking flawless!

However as much as i love this foundation its does not last all that long 6-7 hours. i find this with most rimmel london foundations. But if your not looking for a long lasting foundation this is for you. It great for slapping on in the morning going to school/work looking great. Then returing home this is when it starts fading, which is fine for me as i take my make-up when i home.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by GoldenMonkey

I've re-riewed this product! I was in love with it before but I wore it recently and my partner commented that I had done 'something different' to my face. I said I was wearing a new foundation, the Rimmel Wake me up and he said it looked like I was wearing a mask and said I looked more beautiful before!
He never comments normally other than to say I look nice so i've decided against this foundation now. I still think it is a good foundation but maybe for people who like a stronger coverage, I also think it is hard to get the colour right as they come across quite dark.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ceciafb

After consistently spending money I didn't have on expensive foundations, I decided to head back to boots and pick up a drug-store foundation. Having seen the adverts to this I was interested by the dewy finish - exactly what I'm after, but with a bit more coverage as my skin isn't perfect. The colour looked ok, the consistency ok, everything ok - not fantastic but ok for everyday..until a few days later when my chin and nose, having been a bit itchy, went dry and the skin flaked off and my skin went bumpy. After giving my skin a week of rest I was determined to believe it wasn't the foundation (I was really broke ok and couldn't afford to buy another!) but the same thing happened again, obviously something in this foundation is upsetting my skin. It's single-handedly put me off drugstore foundations and I'm back to high-end I'm afraid. I've recently bought chanel's vitalumiere aqua which is a similar effect but better matched colour and will hopefully be better quality. If you don't have sensitive skin (I didn't think I had but...) then this product might be great for you, it's got good coverage for a dewy-type foundation and is buildable and doesn't sit on your skin. Unfortunately it didn't work for me, however I can never throw away makeup and i keep using it now and again, I never learn.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by vickitoria

I bought the lightest shade of this (100 - Ivory, I'm a MAC NW15ish). It was on offer when I bought it (£4.98 I think!) so I figured it was worth a try.
In the bottle it looks very shimmery in even not very bright light but on my face it seemed OK. The colour match is pretty good after it settles down, for the first few minutes I looked very orange but it seemed to sort itself out and match up with my skintone. I wore it around the house a few times and decided to wear it to work. I was washing my hands in the bathroom and thought I'd got a bit of glitter on my face, so I got up a bit closer to the mirror to get rid of it and my entire face looked like I'd been dipped in shimmer. The light in that bathroom is very bright so I guess it made it show up more than in my poorly lit living room.
I've worn it a couple of times since then on duller days and it is still quite shimmery if I get up close but not twilight vampire like, although still a bit off putting.
I have a very oily t-zone and normal everywhere else and it lasted all day with a powder to set, with minimal blotting during the day.
I've used it maybe 3 or 4 times and a good amount of the product seems to have gone out of the bottle (maybe 3/4 are left) despite only using 1 pump per application. Definitely would not buy this again and I'm doubtful that I will even finish this bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I firstly bought this foundation because of all the hype it produced on twitter and tumblr. When I first bought this foundation I looked in the bottle and thought one thing, glitter. There is a moderate amount of glitter (advertised as "light reflecting particles") in this foundation but it is only really visible in the harshest of light, even then it doesn't bother me. This foundation has a very nice creamy texture and blends out fantastically with a medium coverage. The foundation itself has a nice satin, smooth feeling finish on the skin. The colours all have a yellow undertone so I would definitely not recommend this to people with redness. Combined with a pressed power, this foundation lasted all day which I was impressed with. People with combination skin, beware as on first use I foolishly did not cleanse before using this foundation and it broke me out, so on first use I would very much recommend to using it sparingly.
In conclusion, this foundation has a fair share of flaws, but I like it enough that it is now my daily foundation. I would recommend this foundation for people who are looking for something for the summer to look nice, rather than something to wear to work or the office.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dont get me wrong this is not a bad foundation, it goes on nicely has a nice texture and consistenancy and coverage, It's just the colour! It is so awful and makes me look GREY! I have a very yellow based colour and this was more pink beige....wasnt good. Do not recommend this for Olive complexions....I used true nude..I am a NC35 in MAC.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No