Rimmel Wake Me Up

3.7

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 8/24/2012 11:44:00 AM

Price: I got mine on sale at Asos for around £4, so it was dirtcheap. But I think the original price is good for a drugstore foundation.

Colour: Now, I'm an NC20 in the winter, NC25 in the summer , so I have yellow undertones. At first, when applying the foundation, I found the colour to match my skin alright. But when it dried, it dried one shade darker and in a pinkish shade. Not for me!

Product quality: The foundation did give me a dewy finish and that "wake me up" look and I liked the gel consistency. It has a lot of shimmer in the product, so if you have super-oily skin I wouldn't recommend this.

My skintype is sensitive/combination/prone to breakouts, but I didn't have any breakouts with this foundation.

Overall a good product for it's price, but the colouring is not for my skintone!

on 8/16/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Dry skin review: I had to update my review of this foundation after going on accutane. This was the ONLY foundation I could use with very very dry skin. It became my holy grail. It blends over dry patches and was an absolute life saver. I had to repurchase within a day it was so good. I used it with a beauty blender and it was lovely and dewy. If you have dry skin, I cannot recommend this enough. I have a lot of foundations and none of them did the trick like this. I just wish it worked this way for oily skin so everyone could share the love. I've left my pre-accutane review below.

Oily skin review: I actually quite like this foundation - it is my skin I'm not a fan of. I have oily skin, and I put this on one day, before taking a sick day and going back to bed. I remember when I woke up, having not moved for a few hours, wherever I get oily patches, the makeup had slid down. Because of this, I wouldn't recommend for oily skin.

I am very pale, and I bought the lightest colour - this is still a tiny bit too dark for me. I mix this with Revlon Colourstay for oily skin in Ivory (too light for me) and the two together actually make a rather nice foundation!

I would say the coverage is medium. I am not at all bothered by the "glitter" - it looks more like something you might get in an illuminator than anything noticeable. I've certainly never noticed anything bad about it. There is a rather strong smell to the product - it is certainly not unpleasant, I just notice it, much like I notice it in Bourjois Healthy Mix or Chanel's Vitaluminere. If smells bother you a lot, it might be worth considering.

Overall, this is an excellent foundation for the price, and if you don't have oily skin and can find a colour match, it might be one of the best bargains out there in terms of great inexpensive foundations.

on 8/10/2012 8:20:00 AM

I have the lightes color - Ivory (100). This foundation has quite nice texture and dewy finish, but the color is VERY orangey. I would say it is light coverage. Average foundation.

on 8/9/2012 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely brilliant product. I usually cannot wear foundation as they all look bad on my skin but this sat really nicely on me. i have the darkest one "bronze".

Overall, this product was not worth my money spent. As I live in Australia i paid about $21 and although it wasn't an awful foundation, I did expect it to be a lot better. It provides me with a light to medium coverage but didn't do anything to cover any blemishes or scarring I had. It has a very unnatural frangrance to it which makes me question what ingrediants have been added. I think this product also clogged my pores which causes some long-lasting breakouts in my t-zone. As i have combination skin, I wouldn't recommend this to people who have acne-prone skin or get oily in their t-zone. I used to apply this around 9 o'clock in the morning and already six hours later my makeup looked like it was melting away. Not an awful product, but the cons certainly outweigh the pros

on 8/4/2012 9:27:00 AM

I decided to buy this foundation after seeing it reviewed positively on YouTube then I saw it in my local Wilkinsons for £4.99. I bought the lightest shade - Ivory. This is my first Rimmel Foundation purchase, I usually use Max Factor Age Renewing or Revlon Colourstay for normal/ dry skin.

This foundation is light to medium coverage and does give my skin a lovely glow that does make me look younger. I don't really notice the glitter on my skin. It blends beautifully with fingers and lasts well (6-8 hours) when worn over a primer such as Rimmel Fix and Perfect. I have high colour on my cheeks which this foundation hides but does not cover as Colourstay does .- however for a day to day foundation, I think it is great and I'm sure I'll repurchase (although I also want to try Bourgeois Healthy Mix Serum).

on 8/4/2012 8:12:00 AM

When I first bought this foundation it was a spur of the moment thing because I'd seen a good review about it. I got it from a supermarket, so there was no sample, so I just guessed my colour.
When I got this home and opened it up, I was pleasantly surprised to see the pump top. I thought it would be a pour out foundation, but I definitely prefer a pump!!
I have to say I like a lot of things about this foundation. I would say I have dry skin and I have a lot of redness in my cheeks. It covers the redness quite well at first, but by the end of a work day, I would need to reapply if I was going out. I think it goes on well with fingers or a brush. I've recently been using the real techniques buffing brush to apply it, and that works great.
The thing that bothers me the most about this is the shimmer/sparkle thing. I really like just about everything about this foundation except for the sparkle. It's not crazily glittery, but I can notice it. I can notice it probably more so in sunlight, so luckily I'm stuck in an office all day on a work day, and I don't notice it so much.
It's great, but it's not perfect. But I would still recommend it. It's great on my skin, which leans towards dry. I'm not sure how it would be on oily skin. Coverage is buildable, but I would say that it doesn't last me the entire day.

on 7/29/2012 1:39:00 PM

Being a person with a lot of foundations (I'm a bit of a makeup junkie), I have to say that this one is a very good drugstore foundation. The packaging looks a bit dodgy with that orange cheap plastic top, but the foundation itself has very good price / quality ratio.
It gives a very slight shimmer to the skin, so if you like total matte foundations, keep away from this one. Personally that fact doesn't bother me. The consistency is pretty decent as well, and I always use a Sigma F80 to apply it. I've tried with my hands with very poor results, so my advice is, use a foundation brush.

on 7/25/2012 1:29:00 PM

After reading an exceptional amount of rave reviews on this product, I decided to give it a try!! My first impressions of this foundation is that, the packaging was outstanding compared to the rest, and looked rather like a high end, top quality foundation! Especially because it's in a glass container, which is always a good thing! I tested it on the back of my hand and it blended in to my skin tone like a dream!!! It looked, dewy, radiant and fresh!! Everything I wanted in a foundation!! The only reason why i didn't give this product 5/5, was because I did realise
After I'd purchased it, is that it does actually have glitter in it!! Which, to some people, is a bad thing!! also, it doesn't have that good lasting power!! It melted off after a few hours, although my skin is a bit on the oily side! I loved the smell of the product, and and the consistency is great!! Overall its a good high street foundation, and for the price, i would recommend it to anyone!! Xx

on 7/22/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is pretty much the best foundation I have tried. I love the finish it gives, it never looks cakey but always flawless. It definitely has a dewy glow to it which is nice in real live but I find because of the tiny glitter particles, it does look greasy in pictures. The shade range isn't great as others have stated before. I am about an NC10-15 and the lightest shade is too dark for me so I have to mix it with a few drops of a white foundation. Great prize plus it comes with a pump.