August 20, 2014 | 972 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by kolokithaki

This is one of the best lower end foundations I have ever used, it really does have an anti fatigue effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by iLoveMakeUp29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

So i bought this foundation 4 days ago and i am definatley impressed! I picked this up at my local drugstore because it promised that it would give you an "anti fatigue effect" and i wanted to look more fresh in the mornings.
It blends really well and the coverage is medium. There are 5 shades available so i guess there is quite a few to choose from. However i bought the shade Soft Biege which is quite light for my skin but when i tried the next shade, It was too dark for me.
After you have put this on, it gives you that healthy glow it promises you on the bottle. When you look closely, you can see that there is small amounts of glitter but its not a huge amount so you wont be extra sparkly!
I really like this product and am looking forward to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by taznim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely foundation- resembles skin and looks very natural while providing medium coverage however the deal breaker for me was the awful shade selection rimmel offer. No shade has ever suited me and I presume, having a light olive complexion, many other women have struggled too. They are all far too beige-y not warm or cool enough for many women and while 200 was a reasonably good match 210 is far too orange. Most foundations in the drugstore are not yellow enough and I do hope that Rimmel solves this reoccuring issue.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well this bills itself as imparting "a radiant glow", and it does deliver on that. Its decent coverage and does make you look fresh.

However if you hate having that gleam, then this is not for you. I like it a lot though, for days when you feel sluggish and grey. Oddly, it comes out of the bottle quite dark, but is lighter when blended into the skin.

Pretty pleased with the quality for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by rachelicious904

I got a little sache of this in Elle Magazine so this is kind of a preliminary review. I really like it! The colour I received was a tad dark for my skin tone (soft beige) but it actually wasn't orange at all and I think it would be wearable. I have a pale olive skin tone and I usually go for the lighter colours as DS foundations tend to be orange the darker they are, but this is actually very natural and blends really well into the skin. It smells really nice and fruity, but not too much. The coverage is really really nice, definitely buildable so you can wear it very light or almost full coverage. It just looks so natural, I'm usually not a fan of dewy finishes but this is just really glowy. I don't feel like I need to powder over it. I think I might actually buy it, but I'm really happy with my bourjois healthy mix so I might buy this for Summer as it will be really nice for a Summer glow! I think it is on offer now as it's only just come out so I'm definitely going to purchase :)
EDIT. I took a lippie off for this as I tried another sample and the staying power wasn't great, It went a bit patchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Finally a reasonably priced foundation that is really really good!
I've been using a Max Factor one, and was putting up with it, but it wasn't great (it was the one that is supposed to match with the colour of your skin), then I saw this one on promotion in Boots, so I gave it a go.

No other Rimmel foundations are light enough for my porcelain skin, yet this one in Ivory is a perfect match. It glides on perfectly, you only need a small amount and like the previous reviewer mentions, it covers about 95% of your skin so there's no 'mask' effect. Anything that needs a bit more 'coverage' is sorted with a light dab of my MUFE concealer. I dust this with a light powder and this is where it's head and shoulders over most foundations - I work in an air conditioned office and normally by lunchtime my greasy bits are on show and dry bits highlighted...but this has amazing staying power. No cakiness or flakiness. I love this!
Even though it's supposed to have an luminizing effect, I would definately recommend this to people even with oily skin!
Nice glass bottle and hygenic pump too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by FIFI67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using high-end foundations for years and honestly this new Rimmel foundation is as good as any of them! It glides on the skin beautifully and blends easily using either fingers or a brush. It has a pump...yes!! The finish is natural with a soft glow and still looked fresh 8 hours later on the 2 days I road tested it! The most important test for me though was the colour as I find it impossible get a good match for my fair to medium skintone and often have to mix shades which is a pain in the arse! To my amazement the shade True Ivory is an exact match for my skin, it's my skin in a bottle! As this was on offer I've also bought the next shade up, Soft Beige, which is just a tad warmer so will be perfect on me for the summer.If any of you ladies think that you need to buy expensive foundations as you get older, like I did, then think again and save your hard earned cash! I'm delighted I found this! For ref my skin is normal/dry and,sensitive.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by almost40

I had started to buy higher end foundations but when I saw this advertised I really liked the look of it. I saw it instore yesterday on offer so decided to try it. Its lovely,I got it in the lightest shade ivory and its a great match for my pale skin. It applies like a dream,blends well and covers really nicely. It lasted most of the day and didn't make my skin look oily even tho it does impart a glow. Im really happy I bought this and would recommend it to anyone wanting to try a fresh new foundation without breaking the bank.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh I can't believe there are no reviews for this product!!!

I bought it five days ago, used it every day ever since, so I think i'm ready to review it! for reference, i am not allergic to anything, nothing ever broke me out, so i can 'hurry' and write about it pretty soon. i am also using my usual moisturizer/toner so yep.

Okay. Let's begin.

Price and packaging: the price isn't very low in Eastern Europe, comparable to L'Oreal's (i know in the US L'Oreal and Rimmel are very cheap, in Europe they are not!). The foundation comes in a glass bottle (quite heavy), with a rather tacky orange cap, and orange lettering. it looks a bit childish and cheap, but summery and youthful at the same time. The beige of the foundation coming through the glass and the orange writing make it look like a product of summer...beaches, tanned skin, glowy complexions and stuff like that :) at least that's how i see it.

Shades:

Given that it just hit the stores, they only had ONE shade at the boutique i bought it from...and the SA said they are understocked exactly because of this, it's the beginning, etc. I have the lightest shade 100 Ivory, and it fits me like a dream. No pink undertones, no orange hues, no chalky finish. just a creamy, very light biscuit. lovely!

Covers like a dream without emphasizing the dry patches around my nose or the greasy pores on my cheeks/around the eyebrows. It feels creamy and luxurious when you apply it, like a moisturizer, and it blends in perfectly with the fingers or a brush; i didn't use a sponge because lately, i'm too lazy...so i prefer my fingers, which give a nice glowy finish to the skin.

It does cover 90-95% of what i need to cover. 5% is the natural texture of my skin coming through, so no mask effect here.

I pair it with the Silky Loose face powder from Rimmel and it feels and looks great throughout the day..at least 8 hours. I simply love the effect.

The product says it's meant to help tired skin look fresh and glowy through its anti-fatigue effect. AND glow. Yay!

Highly recommended! perhaps not such a fantastic match for super oily skins, but with a good loose powder on top, i think it can work beautifully as well!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No