Rimmel Wake Me Up

3.7

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 8/4/2012 8:12:00 AM

When I first bought this foundation it was a spur of the moment thing because I'd seen a good review about it. I got it from a supermarket, so there was no sample, so I just guessed my colour.
When I got this home and opened it up, I was pleasantly surprised to see the pump top. I thought it would be a pour out foundation, but I definitely prefer a pump!!
I have to say I like a lot of things about this foundation. I would say I have dry skin and I have a lot of redness in my cheeks. It covers the redness quite well at first, but by the end of a work day, I would need to reapply if I was going out. I think it goes on well with fingers or a brush. I've recently been using the real techniques buffing brush to apply it, and that works great.
The thing that bothers me the most about this is the shimmer/sparkle thing. I really like just about everything about this foundation except for the sparkle. It's not crazily glittery, but I can notice it. I can notice it probably more so in sunlight, so luckily I'm stuck in an office all day on a work day, and I don't notice it so much.
It's great, but it's not perfect. But I would still recommend it. It's great on my skin, which leans towards dry. I'm not sure how it would be on oily skin. Coverage is buildable, but I would say that it doesn't last me the entire day.

on 7/29/2012 1:39:00 PM

Being a person with a lot of foundations (I'm a bit of a makeup junkie), I have to say that this one is a very good drugstore foundation. The packaging looks a bit dodgy with that orange cheap plastic top, but the foundation itself has very good price / quality ratio.
It gives a very slight shimmer to the skin, so if you like total matte foundations, keep away from this one. Personally that fact doesn't bother me. The consistency is pretty decent as well, and I always use a Sigma F80 to apply it. I've tried with my hands with very poor results, so my advice is, use a foundation brush.

on 7/25/2012 1:29:00 PM

After reading an exceptional amount of rave reviews on this product, I decided to give it a try!! My first impressions of this foundation is that, the packaging was outstanding compared to the rest, and looked rather like a high end, top quality foundation! Especially because it's in a glass container, which is always a good thing! I tested it on the back of my hand and it blended in to my skin tone like a dream!!! It looked, dewy, radiant and fresh!! Everything I wanted in a foundation!! The only reason why i didn't give this product 5/5, was because I did realise
After I'd purchased it, is that it does actually have glitter in it!! Which, to some people, is a bad thing!! also, it doesn't have that good lasting power!! It melted off after a few hours, although my skin is a bit on the oily side! I loved the smell of the product, and and the consistency is great!! Overall its a good high street foundation, and for the price, i would recommend it to anyone!! Xx

on 7/22/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is pretty much the best foundation I have tried. I love the finish it gives, it never looks cakey but always flawless. It definitely has a dewy glow to it which is nice in real live but I find because of the tiny glitter particles, it does look greasy in pictures. The shade range isn't great as others have stated before. I am about an NC10-15 and the lightest shade is too dark for me so I have to mix it with a few drops of a white foundation. Great prize plus it comes with a pump.

on 7/19/2012 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this is NOT a review but information about this prodcut

I wrote to Coty USA who owns the Rimmel brand to find when they were planning to introduce it to the USA and where it could be purchased. I read somewhere that it would be in August 2012
Their response was that at the current momentn (7-2012) they are not going to bring it to the states.

If anyone in the USA knows different, please inform

I put all ones in the rating because it does not allow me to do anything else. And about purchasing again, cant because it does not exist here

on 7/18/2012 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

ok i am totally backtracking. i just deleted a review i wrote for this foundation a couple of months ago and upgrading my rating. i dunno if i was just in a bad mood or something, or i was pissed off that i'd bought the wrong colour, but i recently purchased this in my correct shade (ivory) and it is so beautiful on my skin. there is definitely a bit of glitter in this foundation but i'm learning to accept it, because it's not garish or anything. i mean i'm probably the only one who can see shimmer on my face, because really it doesn't look like POW! GLITTERRR!

i can get a really decent 8-10+ hours wear out of this foundation. it looks lovely all day long on my skin. while i think you do look a bit more fresh and radiant after application, it's certainly not dewy, and errs more on the semi-matte/satin finish side (which i much prefer). the colour is a tiny bit too pink for me, but it's workable and doesn't look weird if i take the foundation down my neck a bit. i've also added a couple of drops of a more yellow foundation which corrects the colour just fine. i would say the coverage is a solid medium, which is the perfect amount for me, but could be sheered out a bit. i haven't really tried/wanted to build it up but i haven't experienced any cakiness so i'd say it'd probably be ok to be build up a bit.

bottom line, i think this is a really great offering by rimmel that favourably compares with something like the bourjois healthy mix foundation. the finish is so good and natural and disappears into the skin. plus the packaging is also brilliant (pump!)

ETA: of course, two weeks later, it breaks me out in a bunch of tiny bumps! unfortunately i can't use this anymore, but i'd still check it out to see if it works for your skin.

I, unexpectedly, really really like this foundation, particularly for summer. It's light and doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and hardly oxidises at all. The shade range isn't bad, 103 - True Ivory fits me, pale but outdoorsy, perfectly. The coverage is probably medium light, and isn't what I would call buildable, but has a really lovely, flattering semi-matte satin finish which looks good in all lights. I use this as a base foundation, over areas where there is little discolouration/blemishes, and then Rimmel's 25 Hour Foundation and Collection 2000's Concealer in areas where I have scars/blemishes. It looks incredibly natural, and is easy to blend. This is a perfect foundation for someone with clear/semi-clear skin, or for someone who is just starting out with makeup and wants a natural looking, but certainly enhancing, foundation. It also has SPF 15 in it, which is fantastic, and my only major downsides to this foundation is that it only lasts 5 - 6 hours with powder, and that it's not particularly sweatproof/wearproof. But it's a nice foundation and deserves more of a hype than it has - giving illumination and protection in a natural, light coverage perfect for summer.

on 7/15/2012 1:44:00 PM

DO Love this foundation :)
it makes my skin look glowy and fresh. My only gripe is that it could last longer on. Also not loving the packaging especially the bright orange lid which falls off easily whenever I put it in my make up bag.

on 7/13/2012 11:02:00 AM

Where do I start? I was so excited about getting this foundation. I ended up hating it. First of all, it has a terrible, terrible smell that after a few applications became really sickening. Secondly, it doesn;t last. Thirdly, the colour range is not complete for my likinig. It is hard to find something "in between" rather than deciding on a pale or orange dark tan. The bottle seemed cute at first but looks cheap now that half of the foundation is gone. As you see I had to share this with you - it's the worst foundation I have ever tried. Maybe slightly better than the clumpy essence one I used only once.

on 7/10/2012 9:57:00 PM

This is the best foundation that Rimmel has put out so far.
From a distance the coverage and the overall finish looks great and I was very happy with it as I wanted to find a cheaper foundation. It looks nice in dark lightening but if I walked into a shopping centre with all the bright lights I would feel embarrassed as all my imperfections show up and the coverage is suddenly not so great.
The staying power isn't what I expected either, it lasts about 6 hours and my face turned red and broke out after using it:(