September 2, 2014 | 1824 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Limpet1

First review so be nice.

So ok, I've been using Maxfactor Colour Adapt for the past 4 years, and I've been overall happy with it, but just got that itch for something new.

Now this sounded like a good foundation, I've been interested in radiant foundations for a while, but couldn't quite bring myself to pay for the higher end stuff. Then this came out and at about £8 didn't seem too bad to pay.

Now the consistency is medium, and goes on smoothly with fingers. It matches my pink toned pale skin well, but does seem slightly on the yellow side when I first apply, but soon calms down. I use shade 'Ivory'.

The packaging is ok, glass bottle, with plastic orange pump and cap. Hygienic enough, but sometimes I feel a pump will miss out on the last few ml of product. One pump is plenty to cover my entire face.

The finish is nice and even, quite a natural look indoors, and under my works florescent lights. It seems to last ok, maybe not a full day, but long enough for me to not be bothered about reapplying. I do go slightly shiny on my forehead, but I tend to at some point during the day if I wear makeup.

Now you might be wondering why I have given this such a low score, with such a positive review so far. My problem with this foundation is the 'luminous' part. I thought my boyfriend was joking when we were out and about at the weekend and he said I was covered in glitter, I thought maybe my eyeshadow had flicked onto my face when applying it with my brush rather than a finger. But when I was applying the foundation the following day direct sunlight was hitting my face and I could see in the mirror, that I did indeed look like I was covered in glitter. (At this point I had yet to apply any other makeup, so I know it was just the foundation). This glitter does not seem to be affected by a dusting of finishing powder. I have since looked at the bottle and you can see the glitter throughout the mix even in lamp light. I have also checked a sample from the store on my hand. You cannot see the glitter when the foundation is applied thickly, but when blended in the glitter becomes visible.

Now this make up is fine for when I know I will only be indoors, and not subjected to much direct sunlight, and I will keep using it as other wise it is a waste. I will not be using this at all this summer, but might drag it out in the winter.

I hope this is of some help to you all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by KatherineP46

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a nice foundation in terms of its finish, I just wish it came in more shades! I'm about nw20 and the lightest shade looks really orange on me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by katrze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My best foundation at the moment. Give natural glow but as I have oily face I have to put some setting powder on my T-zone. dry skin will love this foundation even more. But overall I love the look it gives and coverage is also very good: its not full but medium - which is enough, spots should be covered by concealer anyway. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by HelenL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This seems to be a decent drugstore foundation with a soft, very slightly dewy finish. I bought this in a rush when it first came out and was at a special price but struggled to find the ingredients list. I ended up emailing Rimmel (list below). I am trying to avoid products with too many ingredients as my skin is sensitive and can be temperamental, plus I think I have a problem with silicones, so I won't use this long term personally, but for anyone with normal skin I would say this would give you an excellent finish at a great price.

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM
EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

I found this to be very thick but it did go on ok, but in a couple of hours it started to look uneven and the dry areas were highlighted more than usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Meglovesmakeup1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

think this is my all time fav ds fountation!<3 i love love love this!!! buy this NOW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by kolokithaki

This is one of the best lower end foundations I have ever used, it really does have an anti fatigue effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by iLoveMakeUp29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

So i bought this foundation 4 days ago and i am definatley impressed! I picked this up at my local drugstore because it promised that it would give you an "anti fatigue effect" and i wanted to look more fresh in the mornings.
It blends really well and the coverage is medium. There are 5 shades available so i guess there is quite a few to choose from. However i bought the shade Soft Biege which is quite light for my skin but when i tried the next shade, It was too dark for me.
After you have put this on, it gives you that healthy glow it promises you on the bottle. When you look closely, you can see that there is small amounts of glitter but its not a huge amount so you wont be extra sparkly!
I really like this product and am looking forward to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by taznim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely foundation- resembles skin and looks very natural while providing medium coverage however the deal breaker for me was the awful shade selection rimmel offer. No shade has ever suited me and I presume, having a light olive complexion, many other women have struggled too. They are all far too beige-y not warm or cool enough for many women and while 200 was a reasonably good match 210 is far too orange. Most foundations in the drugstore are not yellow enough and I do hope that Rimmel solves this reoccuring issue.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well this bills itself as imparting "a radiant glow", and it does deliver on that. Its decent coverage and does make you look fresh.

However if you hate having that gleam, then this is not for you. I like it a lot though, for days when you feel sluggish and grey. Oddly, it comes out of the bottle quite dark, but is lighter when blended into the skin.

Pretty pleased with the quality for the price.