Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.7

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 9/23/2012 11:12:00 AM

I recently bought this product as the adverts on it looked good and it wasn't at all expensive. I found that it gives good coverage which I didn't really expect given the price. It gives a nice "fresh" and "glows" look and it smells lovely! However it does make my face have a little extra shine, but I just put a bit more pressed powder on and it fixed that problem. Overall I would say this is great product for such a good price, and I will be buying it again

on 9/19/2012 11:51:00 AM

really great product, have been wearing higher brand foundations for the past 2 years ( estee lauder double wear light) but considering the heavynees of the product and the effect it had on my skin i decided to try the rimmel london wake me up foundation in ivory, which is the perfect shade for me and i would recommend to alot of other people with fair skin, i was so surprised about the quaility of this product considering how cheap it was, it glides onto the skin feels like your wearing now makeup but has very good coverage, dont need concelar and is actually very long wearing, it lasts from about 7am-4pm with a touch up of powder at lunchtime, it does give a lovely dewy effect but wouldnt recommend for oily skin, but overall it is a great foundation and just as good if not better than my £26 foundation, i defos recommened to everyone and i will be buying again

on 9/16/2012 2:09:00 PM

I love it! Looks totally MFBB; natural & ever so slightly glowy, but not at all made up, even when I put it on in minimum time. Frankly I'm not a foundation expert and have never really had one I loved despite trying half a dozen (the 1st Armani one, BB skin, a couple of mineral powders, and 2 or 3 drugstore staples) so am not sure what qualities to judge it on, but this stays all day, doesn't cake, spreads easily, smells lovely, has SPF 15, evens out my skin tone a bit without looking obvious. It's neither too greasy or too dry -- any dry spots on my face aren't exagerrated as they are with certain foundations; they disappear, but my nose doesn't shine. With this and the Kate lipsticks, Rimmel is winning my heart!

on 9/8/2012 2:55:00 PM

I asked a colleague who always has skin what foundation she used and she said rimmel. I was really surprised, probably out of snobbery that a less expensive foundation could deliver such great results. Then when I was in boots I saw it on special offer and thought I would give it a go. This foundation is amazing! I can't believe it is so inexpensive. It glides on so smoothly and gives perfect medium coverage. My skin Genuinely looks radiant and flawless. I have finally found the perfect replacement for the discontinued Clinique superfit which I had used for 10 years. I had been using Chanel vitalumerie aqua as a replacement but now with rimmel wake me up I can save around 30 euro every time I buy a foundation...Don't hesitate to try it!..

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this is my holy grail foundation!!

This foundation is ah-mazing. I have it in true ivory and I know that that shade will suit a lot of skin tones! so if you have a medium skin tone I am nearly sure than true ivory is a good match for you. If you have very pale or have pink toned skin though, I suggest going for the lightest shade!

When I first tried this foundation on, I didn't like it, but you really need to learn how to work with it so to speak. At first I applied it with my hands and dotted it all over my face and it looked really dark compared but when you blend it out (which this foundation blends incredibly easily and glides smoothly over my very dry skin) it all evens out gives you a healthy more tanned colour. This is definitely a dewy foundation but it would never be described as looking "greasy" or "oily". Healthy glow is the word. It gives a flawless and poreless finish, which looks "expensive" as some people may call it lol. It has medium coverage, but I find that this foundation is very buildable and you can add more where you need it.

I then managed to get my hands on the elf powder brush and love using it with that. The finish when stippling this foundation is very nice and looks even more flawless and evens everything out very well. I prefer using with the brush more just because you can get a more even application!

All in all I will definitely repurchase when it runs out and a bit scared that they will discontinue it. It is the best foundation I have tried and would recommend to everyone, even oily skins as you can just powder over and I assume it will still work great!

on 8/28/2012 7:56:00 AM

RIMMEL ADVERTISING STATEMENTS -
Rimmel have made some very bold statments in advertising this product and claim:
•This is Rimmel's first liquid foundation that instantly reawakens skin with a healthy, radiant glow.
•The light, smooth texture glides on easily to give a 100% pore-less and flawless complexion.
•You can spoil yourself with SPF 15 sun protection and illuminating radiance pearls for a natural glow.
•Contains a peptide formulation that helps increase your skin's elasticity
•The vitamin moisturizing complex also leaves you looking healthy and fresh.
•Your skin will bounce back to life - even if your body is thinking otherwise.
•Minimising signs of premature ageing
•Stays put for up to 10 hours and giving you a natural, medium to full coverage.

PACKAGING -
The bottle is an oblong shape with lovely feminine curves with the word 'rimmel' elegently embossed into the side. Product information is written on the front and back of the bottle in white and orange writing, which stands out great with the foundation colour acting as a backdrop. The orange lid looks super trendy and is easily spotted on the stand. As always, the traditional crown logo sits proudly on the top of the bottle.
What I would say is that the foundation doesnt actually fill all of the bottle, if you look carefully you can see that the bottle has an inner container which holds the make-up. If they have done this for design purposes then all credit to them, as it does look pretty cool. However, if this has been done with the intention of creating the illusion youre getting more than you are then thats very naughty...I'll leave you to make your own mind up about that one.SHADES -
303 - True Nude
400 - Natural Beige
201 - Classic Beige
200 - Soft Beige
103 - True Ivory
100 - Ivory
There are only 6 shades available so not the widest of choices and I also found that there isnt much difference between the shades so not very impressive at all and those with particuarly dark skin would struggle to get a good colour match. I went with the soft beige as although I have pale skin, I like to look like I actually have a bit of colour. I do like the colour but as it was difficult to blend into my neck I dont think it looked natural at all and I was very consious about having a tide mark.

Shades - Selection 2/5
Shades - Colour 3/5
Shades overall - 2.5 / 5
APPLICATION-
For wearing throughout the day, I tend to use 3-4 pumps but found I needed more as the make-up was very difficult to rub in and so was finding that I was probably using double my normal amount, by applying 6+ pumps which obviously results in the product being used quicker and also it was clearly obvious that I had foundation on. It felt thick and heavy on my face and did not blend well. I was extremely paranoid about having a big tidemark on my jaw or streaks all over my face. It also looked horrendous around my eyebrows, like I had a ginger border around my black brows.
I obviously applied this at home and on closer inspection in the car and in the natural light, I was horrified at the orange sight before me. I actually looked like I was auditioning for a part as an Umpa Lumpa! I kid you not!
Also, just by looking at your fingers after application you can see that it sneaks its way into every nook and cranny and looks dry and crumbly. Now, I am lucky enough at the moment not to have any wrinkles, grey hairs yes but no wrinkles so I only imagine how bad this would sit on an older persons face or someone who had dry skin.
Does cover blemishes and spots but so does cement.....
I have worn since believe it or not but have applied E45 cream underneath first, or you can put a little E45 on the back of your hand and then rub this in to form a creamier based foundation. This has made a massive difference to me but be warned, it can dilute the colour of the foundation.

Application - 2/5
LONGEVITY AND LASTING EFFECTS-
I rarely apply make-up more than once during the day at work but have to be honest despite all my critisms, this does last and does cover those spots and blemishes but again, as it doesnt blend well I would probably feel better displaying my zits than wearing this.
Didnt do any lasting damage to skin when removed but it did feel heavy and tight to wear.

L & L E - 3/5
COST-
£7.99 from Superdrug (July 2012) - for a 30ml bottle.
I know that this isnt a great deal of money for a foundation but if this price was derived from the masses of promises made, that subsequently Rimmel failed to deliver, then on that basis alone I would consider it to be overpiced.

Cost - 3/5
So would I recommend it? - No, absolutley not

on 8/25/2012 2:15:00 PM

shade range isn't that great - 200 soft beige is a tiny bit too light for me so I went for the 201 classic beige, which dries to a pinkish undertone..

has lots of shimmer in it and I could notice it in ALL lighting.. whether daylight, dark room or even on a rainy day!

overall good coverage and has a nice consistency - would love this foundation a lot especially that it has spf 15 in but the shimmer is just too much!

on 8/24/2012 11:44:00 AM

Price: I got mine on sale at Asos for around £4, so it was dirtcheap. But I think the original price is good for a drugstore foundation.

Colour: Now, I'm an NC20 in the winter, NC25 in the summer , so I have yellow undertones. At first, when applying the foundation, I found the colour to match my skin alright. But when it dried, it dried one shade darker and in a pinkish shade. Not for me!

Product quality: The foundation did give me a dewy finish and that "wake me up" look and I liked the gel consistency. It has a lot of shimmer in the product, so if you have super-oily skin I wouldn't recommend this.

My skintype is sensitive/combination/prone to breakouts, but I didn't have any breakouts with this foundation.

Overall a good product for it's price, but the colouring is not for my skintone!

on 8/16/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Dry skin review: I had to update my review of this foundation after going on accutane. This was the ONLY foundation I could use with very very dry skin. It became my holy grail. It blends over dry patches and was an absolute life saver. I had to repurchase within a day it was so good. I used it with a beauty blender and it was lovely and dewy. If you have dry skin, I cannot recommend this enough. I have a lot of foundations and none of them did the trick like this. I just wish it worked this way for oily skin so everyone could share the love. I've left my pre-accutane review below.

Oily skin review: I actually quite like this foundation - it is my skin I'm not a fan of. I have oily skin, and I put this on one day, before taking a sick day and going back to bed. I remember when I woke up, having not moved for a few hours, wherever I get oily patches, the makeup had slid down. Because of this, I wouldn't recommend for oily skin.

I am very pale, and I bought the lightest colour - this is still a tiny bit too dark for me. I mix this with Revlon Colourstay for oily skin in Ivory (too light for me) and the two together actually make a rather nice foundation!

I would say the coverage is medium. I am not at all bothered by the "glitter" - it looks more like something you might get in an illuminator than anything noticeable. I've certainly never noticed anything bad about it. There is a rather strong smell to the product - it is certainly not unpleasant, I just notice it, much like I notice it in Bourjois Healthy Mix or Chanel's Vitaluminere. If smells bother you a lot, it might be worth considering.

Overall, this is an excellent foundation for the price, and if you don't have oily skin and can find a colour match, it might be one of the best bargains out there in terms of great inexpensive foundations.

on 8/10/2012 8:20:00 AM

I have the lightes color - Ivory (100). This foundation has quite nice texture and dewy finish, but the color is VERY orangey. I would say it is light coverage. Average foundation.