November 28, 2014 | 1896 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I got Plum Wine which is the darkest shade & Peach Satin. (NC25 here) with a bit of blending and the right touch these blushes are fun and beautiful on my skin tone. I really love them but the packaging could be improved. Also a bit pricey for the amount you get. Luckily it was BOGO half off the 2nd which made it not as bad...$7.50 each @ wags otherwise. Plum Wine sounds exactly what it looks like..a darker plummy shade which I just needed a touch on my cheeks where as Peach Satin I use a little bit more but not too much more because imo it is quite pigmented. The color stays for several hours before I feel it could use a touch up. I like these a lot and would love to get my hands on more shades when I am not so broke.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by danielaortiz19

This is a great everyday blush! I have a cute pink one and it works as a ''base'' and it makes powder blush stay longer. It looks great!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bluelitzer

I bought this out of curiosity. Fresh Pink was the shade I picked out. It's a blue-based light baby pink. It's easy to overapply so you should take a little and build up on it which isn't the most convenient for people on the go. The packaging is typical plastic you find in drugstore product, not such a bad thing. The blush itself is some kind of a bouncy malleable mousse. It's fun at first when it's all new and clean but when you've used it over and over it becomes kind of muddy (not necessarily dirty) because it mixes with the foundation on your cheeks and you double dip it and well it's a mess. I recommend using a spatula to get it out and save it from mixing with your foundation. I double this as a base for my eyeshadow when I'm trying to do a spring pink and peach look, I should say it works surprisingly well. My eyes become matte and prepped for the actual e/s. The result looks very good and I'm probably gonna be using this as an eyeshadow base more than a blush, thus the 4 star rating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got peach satin a couple months ago. On my extremely pale, red-toned skin (after of course a healthy shot of primer/foundation/concealer) it gives me a lovely outdoor glow that lasts me all day and actually looks better than if I went out and had a quick jog around the block. I use it every day and love the way it adds colour to my skin without bringing out the red underneath. Just blend, blend, blend, especially if you accidentally get a thicker bit of the product on your fingertips - the colour is a little scary that way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually don't find these too bad. I'm not that fair skinned either, I am NC15/20 and I find these to work decently. I used to be a big fan of the Dream Mousse blushes but unfortunately Maybelline kept diminishing the color selection and kept the really shimmery ones rather than the matte shades so while I was reluctant to try these at first.. what did cause me to commit my purchase is because none of these have any really apparent glitter or shimmer.

This being said, I went directly to the crazy bright and dark shades in this line despite my complexion because people have been complaining about the pigmentation. I can't speak for the pastel shades but I believe these are designed to have a sheer veil of color. Even if you watch the promo videos, it only talks about these being really natural washes of blush. I don't have an issue with payoff but I do enjoy the finish, it's a very transparent application of color on the cheeks.. Noticeable but not powdery or "sitting on top of the skin". It's not too dewy like some cream blushes which is terrible for my combo/oily skin. It reminds me between a mix of a light stain and a soft powder.

I believe the main issue with these blushes is how they're marketed, the disillusioned quirky concept of a bouncy texture and a bad transition from the dream mousse blushes that were much more user friendly. Yes, these are bouncy and I notice on various occasions in drugstores people have opened these and mushed them around as if a toddler is playing with play dough. There also has been brands in the past who have made sponge/mousse type blushes which require "pouncing/tapping" for color however if you just tap and pounce your finger on these, it will give you no pay off. If you're really rough with these and smear your finger with them it'll just move the product and still give you no color pay off. The key is to gently swipe and it'll work fine. That being said, this is another one of those really weird Maybelline products that seems to require instructions on usage. The blush itself is not bad, but it just is a really unique, almost too unique of a texture that with improper use it'll come off much more terrible than it is.

I've tried many mousse, cream blushes in the past. These are quite unique. I'm not a fan of the packaging or the name of the product but the really natural flushed cheek result I can get from it and the lightweight texture is enough for me to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by msmonag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in #70 Hot Tamale. Loved the texture and the color! It looks very bright on the package but looked beautiful on my skin. Liked the texture but it doesn't has great staying power.

Will repurchase because of the lovely reddish coral shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Evaone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite some poor reviews I was so curious about these and I had to give them a try. I'm so glad I did. The texture is amazing. I got peach satin and it really melts into your skin and looks completely natural. There is no shimmer or shine and none of the tackiness you can sometimes get with creams and gels and liquid stains. It just looks like your skin with a bit of flush. I thought there was just the right amount of pigment, it shows up well and looks fresh and bright but not garish. I'm not sure how the other colors work, but I really couldn't recommend peach satin more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by RedHairAndNeonSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why this product has gotten so many negative reviews, I actually like this product. I always read reviews before buying a product, so when I get this blush I knew to get it in a darker shade. I bought it in 70 "Hot Tamale". I'm pretty medium/tan, but this blush actually shows up on me. It feels like play dough, but it does blend pretty well. The lighter pink colors will not show up because these blushes are pretty sheer, but it's good so that you don't end up looking like a clown. I'd repurchase this

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by aliyurg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like that this blush has zero glitter/sparkle/shimmer. It goes a long way to making the blush look "natural" on the face. I hate Maybelline's Dream Mousse Blush—it is so full of big sparkles or glitter particles, I can't understand how anyone would want to wear it.
But back to this blush, the colour selections look awesome in the package (I have Fresh Pink [which is an awesome natural rosy pink shade), Pink Frosting, and Pink Plum). Applying the product is a problem, as other reviewers have noted. The consistency is weird because it's not very creamy and it takes some effort to blend it on the cheeks.
However, if you work at it, the overall effect is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by heythereshayla

I love these blushes! I think why people are so disappointed is because of the color pay off. I have fair skin, but these blushes show up great on my skin tone. They're creamy, light weight, and come in a good range of colors! These blushes get alot of love, and alot of hate. But Im just sure people with light skin tones will love these, they give your cheeks a nice glow, and they go on very smooth!