December 19, 2014 | 1486 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought these in Tough as Taupe and Bold Gold. For the price, they are great! The Tough as Taupe is actually a lavendar taupe color sort of like a cream NARS Lhasa. It is very nice, easy to blend and doesn't crease (on me, anyway). The Gold color is a nice sheer gold not too intense (varies of course as to how much product you layer). I bought one and got the other half off. I really recommend these. I think I'll get the purple & teal color next time I see a sale. Maybelline got it on the mark with this formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by delasou1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've tried drugstore cream shadows in the past and this has got to be the best one I've purchased. Particularly in this color, too, because it's super flattering on my NC25 skintone. You can build on this eyeshadow for more pigment, but I prefer wearing one layer of it. It's also long lasting and the smooth, creamy, and light texture is amazing (I love sticking my ring finger in this!). My everyday, go-to eye makeup routine has changed since now all I have to do is pop this on my bare lids and blend it with my finger. It also makes a great base, as anything I put on top of it is richer in color, including my eyeliner. I would purchase again, but I don't think I'm going to run out of this any time soon as there is enough to last me for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had run out of my paint pot. I happened to see this in the supermarket so threw into trolly.
It lasts as long as I wanted. No creasing, the colour is just a bit off for me. Good as a base for shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lane223

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i have made a huge dent in this product, which is rare because im not a huge cream shadow user. although this doesn't crease on me, it does definitely fade throughout the day (but keep in mind i have really oily eyelids). this color is a great shimmery, gold-bronzey-neutral-brown shade that has a creamy but not too-creamy formula. and its cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by portakalis

I never liked Maybelline eyeshadows but this one is very different. You can wear this color in daywear or night. It stays in place till you clean your make up. I apply first layer with finger, than I use my concealer brush to get more pigment and combine with a highlight color. I will repurchase this product again and again..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by claresmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm repeating the review I wrote for the general entry for the Color Tattoo shadows here because most of it was about Bad to the Bronze shade:

I havenít typically used cream shadows because theyíve so often creased on me in the past, and I havenít worn shimmery shadows for years because theyíre considered unflattering to those of us whoíve reached ďa certain age,Ē but after reading a number of the enthusiastic reviews here, I decided to experiment with the Bad to the Bronze, and since my local drugstore was having a 2nd-one-for-half-price sale on Maybelline cosmetics, I picked up the Too Cool, as well. Iím so glad I did, because these shadows have now become the basis of my daily makeup routine. I use Too Cool to lighten the Bad to the Bronze by mixing them in an approximately 1:3 ratio between the tips of two fingers, which warms the cream sufficiently to make it extremely easy to spread across my entire lid, right up to the brow bone, and (as mixed) itís the perfect, warm shade for me as a base. I then take a tiny bit more Bronze on the clean tips of my little fingers, rub them together to emulsify and warm the shadow, then lightly smooth those fingertips along the crease. I use a crease brush to blend the edges, then usually touch the clean tips of two other fingers very lightly into the Too Cool, again rub them together to warm and emulsify the shadow, then blend that tiny amount into the previously applied base along my brow bones and the inside my lids, to lighten and highlight. I use Jesseís Girl eye primer, and so far I havenít experienced any creasing at all, even after 12 hours or more of wear. Iíve been so pleased that Iíve purchased most of the rest of the colors and often use Audacious Asphalt, Pomegranate Punk, or Tough as Taupe to deepen my crease color and/or to do my ďOuter V,Ē usually blended to some degree first with Bad to the Bronze. Although I always apply my Outer V color with a brush, I find that warming and emulsifying these shadow(s) first between two fingertips greatly increases the smoothness of applying them with the brush, which thus diminishes tugging on my eyelids, as well as increases ease of blending along the borders. Iíve also purchased Bold Gold, which I sometimes apply very, very lightly as a highlighter to the center of my lids in the evening, as well as a couple of the more vivid colors, which I usually tone down by mixing with the Bronze or the Taupe for an added layer of surprisingly subtle lid color, depending on what Iím wearing and where Iím going, and when so mixed, the "shimmery" aspect has been fairly subtle, IMO. The best price Iíve found for these so far is at Bed, Bath and Beyond, where theyíre only $4.99! All in all, these are a very useful, wearable, economical selection even for we ladies of ďa certain ageĒ.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by geekess

The colour is beautiful like molten metal on your lid. Personally I don't find this too much for daytime wear but I also amp it up for night time. For me this is a great product quick and easy and also very cheap I think I paid around £5 for it which is great for the quality and amount of product you get. Unfortunately for me this does crease although only after a long wear which I can deal with especially as I have very oily lids. Definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by JanetPlanet98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! I would wear it everyday, but I find it too be too heavy for everyday wear and school. It was around $8 at my local drugstore (not bad..), but I heard you can get it cheaper. The pigmentation is amazing, and the color is gorgeous. You do get a lot of product for the amount you pay. In my opinion, best color in the whole line of the color tattoo 24hour cream gel eye shadow line.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by hannahgal143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I was kind of skeptical at first since the color looked very dark, but I bought it anyways and figured out that it looked very nice with just a little bit of the product. It lasts all day (with a primer of course) and I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

This is the lazy girl's best friend when it comes to makeup. This is my favorite color out of the bunch. I'm tan, and this is really wearable and not dark at all on me. The staying power is really great, especially with a powder shadow ontop. Most of the time I just swipe this on my lid with some mascara and I'm ready for the day. The packaging is nice and they give you a very generous amount in the pan. This is a really great product that I highly reccomend.