August 20, 2014 | 1863 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2004 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know, I wasn't a big fan of this product. I really think the color was way too light. I might repurchase in another shade to see if that is better. Otherwise I will stick with my MAC Select SHeer pressed powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2004 2:41:00 AM More reviews by snake_oil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like many others I find this to be at least equal to MAC Blot. I throw this in my purse for touch-ups, it really extends the life of my Studio Fix compact to touch up with this rather than the SF. Eliminates shine with a lovely finish that makes my C2 complexion look even better than when wearing Studio Fix alone. Awesome, awesome, awesome find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 3:40:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A fantastic pressed powder that rivals MAC's Blot Powder.
My MAC BP was finished and rather than spend the $$ for a new one, I decided to get the NYC Translucent pressed powder for $2.98 CAD.
It's great for touch ups, doesn't cake and looks natural.
The packaging is so so, but for the price it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2003 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Dazza

I dunno 'bout this one...After I read all the reviews on MUA twice, I decided to get this powder cause I'd run out of my fave, CornSilk. In fact, I bought two of these pressed powders. What was I thinking?!? This stuff is NOT that great. In fact, it's not even that translucent! I look like a ghost when I put it on, and I'm fairly light-skinned. I spend more time just blending the smelly stuff in. Blah - what a pisser!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2003 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Peach_Pancake_126

I love this powder! It does everything it says it does: controls oil, goes on sheer, gives you a natural look and doesn't clog pores. A mirror is included in the top and it comes with a pink sponge puff. And at $1.99, it's a steal :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2003 9:45:00 PM More reviews by nnmca

An amazing find for the price. Works wonderfully to blot up the midday oilies without turning orange or looking cakey. Plus, it's so cheap I could care less if I drop it, lose it, or any of the other dumb things I've done with powder compacts over the years. My only complaints are the cheap, yet functional, packaging, and the fact that the powder feels a little gritty - I wish it were more finely milled. Other than that, it's great - no breakouts, truly translucent, and I can actually feel it sucking the oil out of my pores, yet it never leaves me dry or flakey. I stock up when it's 2/$1.99 at Longs. I couldn't even imagine paying $16 for MAC Blot now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2003 3:37:00 PM More reviews by SwitchbladeFaerie

I love this! It's so cheap, and it works wonderfully. It is the most natural looking pressed powder I have ever used. I like the sponge it comes with, and the compact is cute IMO. This is SO much better than MAC blot. Which I once used a few years ago.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 11:29:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to try this back when everyone used to rave and rave about it (I no longer wear powder these days) so I picked it up at KMart.

It worked fine for about an hour abd then my skin would start to look oily. Not only that, but this powder caused my skin to break out so badly that I just wanted to run and hide. It took a good week after I stopped using this for my skin to clear up and return to normal.

Stay far far away from this one!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2003 10:30:00 PM More reviews by emilykate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a staple product for me. It gives me a nice, matte look, and the color is good for my skin. Ive found that it doesnt go on very well on dry skin, so you might want to apply moisturizer first.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2003 3:06:00 AM More reviews by morguegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I love the color and the consistency of this stuff isnt bad. However I have very sensitive skin and it's felt irritated and gross all day after Ive been using this. Also it looks like I have breakouts on my face that werent there last night, so I hope this doesnt cause me horrible acne. The packaging and sponge are also really crappy. However it doesnt smell nasty and it doesnt look weird on my face when applied so I gave it two lipsticks.