April 18, 2014 | 1561 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2003 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Dazza

I dunno 'bout this one...After I read all the reviews on MUA twice, I decided to get this powder cause I'd run out of my fave, CornSilk. In fact, I bought two of these pressed powders. What was I thinking?!? This stuff is NOT that great. In fact, it's not even that translucent! I look like a ghost when I put it on, and I'm fairly light-skinned. I spend more time just blending the smelly stuff in. Blah - what a pisser!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2003 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Peach_Pancake_126

I love this powder! It does everything it says it does: controls oil, goes on sheer, gives you a natural look and doesn't clog pores. A mirror is included in the top and it comes with a pink sponge puff. And at $1.99, it's a steal :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2003 9:45:00 PM More reviews by nnmca

An amazing find for the price. Works wonderfully to blot up the midday oilies without turning orange or looking cakey. Plus, it's so cheap I could care less if I drop it, lose it, or any of the other dumb things I've done with powder compacts over the years. My only complaints are the cheap, yet functional, packaging, and the fact that the powder feels a little gritty - I wish it were more finely milled. Other than that, it's great - no breakouts, truly translucent, and I can actually feel it sucking the oil out of my pores, yet it never leaves me dry or flakey. I stock up when it's 2/$1.99 at Longs. I couldn't even imagine paying $16 for MAC Blot now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2003 3:37:00 PM More reviews by SwitchbladeFaerie

I love this! It's so cheap, and it works wonderfully. It is the most natural looking pressed powder I have ever used. I like the sponge it comes with, and the compact is cute IMO. This is SO much better than MAC blot. Which I once used a few years ago.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 11:29:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to try this back when everyone used to rave and rave about it (I no longer wear powder these days) so I picked it up at KMart.

It worked fine for about an hour abd then my skin would start to look oily. Not only that, but this powder caused my skin to break out so badly that I just wanted to run and hide. It took a good week after I stopped using this for my skin to clear up and return to normal.

Stay far far away from this one!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2003 10:30:00 PM More reviews by emilykate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a staple product for me. It gives me a nice, matte look, and the color is good for my skin. Ive found that it doesnt go on very well on dry skin, so you might want to apply moisturizer first.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2003 3:06:00 AM More reviews by morguegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I love the color and the consistency of this stuff isnt bad. However I have very sensitive skin and it's felt irritated and gross all day after Ive been using this. Also it looks like I have breakouts on my face that werent there last night, so I hope this doesnt cause me horrible acne. The packaging and sponge are also really crappy. However it doesnt smell nasty and it doesnt look weird on my face when applied so I gave it two lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2003 9:40:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the pressed powder based on the recommendations from MUA's. It is cheap; I paid $2.99 cdn. I wish it had a nicer compact. I also recommend using a compact brush instead of that stupid puff. Nice for mid day touchups.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2003 1:27:00 AM More reviews by peppersunlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder is great. I am pretty pale, and it is sometimes hard to find a powder that doesnt turn orangey. I bought the translucent, and it is wonderfully pale. And you can't beat the price! I think I paid about 2.00. I have bought it two or three times now, and will continue to buy it. added note though- I am sorry about the animal testing thing, never heard about that before...will have to look into that....

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2003 9:18:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sucks! Just found out off of Peta's website that MYC tests on animals so no more contributing to that BS. Still trying to find out if Wet N Wild does, but more likely. These cosmetics lines maybe inexpensive, but is it really worth the health and life of innocent animals? HARDLY!