September 21, 2014 | 1885 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2004 10:31:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really hoping to love this, and used it devotedly for almost a month before giving up. The shade is much too pink for me, for one thing, but more importantly it didn't apply evenly (and I tried several different applicators) and didn't really control shine - my skin isn't THAT oily, either. I found myself having to reapply far more often than with any other powder, because I got shiny again almost right away. The compact is also terrible - it doesn't have a real hinge, so the lid of mine snapped off after a month, and it never closed properly to begin with so after that it was toast.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2004 4:41:00 AM More reviews by ComplexCorrigan

Just wanna add my *RAVE* to the reviews! EVERYONE should try this! It is so good and at less than $2 it is ridiculous to not give it a shot! I love to pop it out of it's ugly, cheap compact and put it in my MAC blot powder compact.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2004 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know, I wasn't a big fan of this product. I really think the color was way too light. I might repurchase in another shade to see if that is better. Otherwise I will stick with my MAC Select SHeer pressed powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2004 2:41:00 AM More reviews by snake_oil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like many others I find this to be at least equal to MAC Blot. I throw this in my purse for touch-ups, it really extends the life of my Studio Fix compact to touch up with this rather than the SF. Eliminates shine with a lovely finish that makes my C2 complexion look even better than when wearing Studio Fix alone. Awesome, awesome, awesome find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 3:40:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A fantastic pressed powder that rivals MAC's Blot Powder.
My MAC BP was finished and rather than spend the $$ for a new one, I decided to get the NYC Translucent pressed powder for $2.98 CAD.
It's great for touch ups, doesn't cake and looks natural.
The packaging is so so, but for the price it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2003 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Dazza

I dunno 'bout this one...After I read all the reviews on MUA twice, I decided to get this powder cause I'd run out of my fave, CornSilk. In fact, I bought two of these pressed powders. What was I thinking?!? This stuff is NOT that great. In fact, it's not even that translucent! I look like a ghost when I put it on, and I'm fairly light-skinned. I spend more time just blending the smelly stuff in. Blah - what a pisser!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2003 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Peach_Pancake_126

I love this powder! It does everything it says it does: controls oil, goes on sheer, gives you a natural look and doesn't clog pores. A mirror is included in the top and it comes with a pink sponge puff. And at $1.99, it's a steal :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2003 9:45:00 PM More reviews by nnmca

An amazing find for the price. Works wonderfully to blot up the midday oilies without turning orange or looking cakey. Plus, it's so cheap I could care less if I drop it, lose it, or any of the other dumb things I've done with powder compacts over the years. My only complaints are the cheap, yet functional, packaging, and the fact that the powder feels a little gritty - I wish it were more finely milled. Other than that, it's great - no breakouts, truly translucent, and I can actually feel it sucking the oil out of my pores, yet it never leaves me dry or flakey. I stock up when it's 2/$1.99 at Longs. I couldn't even imagine paying $16 for MAC Blot now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2003 3:37:00 PM More reviews by SwitchbladeFaerie

I love this! It's so cheap, and it works wonderfully. It is the most natural looking pressed powder I have ever used. I like the sponge it comes with, and the compact is cute IMO. This is SO much better than MAC blot. Which I once used a few years ago.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 11:29:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to try this back when everyone used to rave and rave about it (I no longer wear powder these days) so I picked it up at KMart.

It worked fine for about an hour abd then my skin would start to look oily. Not only that, but this powder caused my skin to break out so badly that I just wanted to run and hide. It took a good week after I stopped using this for my skin to clear up and return to normal.

Stay far far away from this one!!