New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 2/23/2004 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just got this today, so I'm not sure how I'm going to like it later on, but so far this powder is pretty good. It went on looking a little too white, but then I blended it some more and the color was fine. It absorbed the oil on my face and feels nice, but I read some other reviews saying that it made them break out! Hopefully that won't be something I'll encounter, but we'll see...UPDATE: This stuff didn't break me out but my skin felt itchy and uncomfortable a few days after I started using it. Now I'm definitely not going back to this stuff. Plus, the packaging sucks.

on 2/15/2004 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this to set my Jane Stay Calm foundation and it works wonderfully. I love that its translucent so it doesn't interfere with the shade of my foundation. I haven't experience any breakouts from this thus far so that is a big plus. Yes, the other reviews are right, the packaging is horrible but for 1.99 it is still a teriffic bargain.

on 2/11/2004 10:31:00 AM

I was really hoping to love this, and used it devotedly for almost a month before giving up. The shade is much too pink for me, for one thing, but more importantly it didn't apply evenly (and I tried several different applicators) and didn't really control shine - my skin isn't THAT oily, either. I found myself having to reapply far more often than with any other powder, because I got shiny again almost right away. The compact is also terrible - it doesn't have a real hinge, so the lid of mine snapped off after a month, and it never closed properly to begin with so after that it was toast.

Just wanna add my *RAVE* to the reviews! EVERYONE should try this! It is so good and at less than $2 it is ridiculous to not give it a shot! I love to pop it out of it's ugly, cheap compact and put it in my MAC blot powder compact.

on 1/13/2004 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know, I wasn't a big fan of this product. I really think the color was way too light. I might repurchase in another shade to see if that is better. Otherwise I will stick with my MAC Select SHeer pressed powder

on 1/3/2004 2:41:00 AM

Like many others I find this to be at least equal to MAC Blot. I throw this in my purse for touch-ups, it really extends the life of my Studio Fix compact to touch up with this rather than the SF. Eliminates shine with a lovely finish that makes my C2 complexion look even better than when wearing Studio Fix alone. Awesome, awesome, awesome find.

on 1/2/2004 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

A fantastic pressed powder that rivals MAC's Blot Powder.
My MAC BP was finished and rather than spend the $$ for a new one, I decided to get the NYC Translucent pressed powder for $2.98 CAD.
It's great for touch ups, doesn't cake and looks natural.
The packaging is so so, but for the price it's worth it.

on 12/21/2003 5:20:00 PM

I dunno 'bout this one...After I read all the reviews on MUA twice, I decided to get this powder cause I'd run out of my fave, CornSilk. In fact, I bought two of these pressed powders. What was I thinking?!? This stuff is NOT that great. In fact, it's not even that translucent! I look like a ghost when I put it on, and I'm fairly light-skinned. I spend more time just blending the smelly stuff in. Blah - what a pisser!

I love this powder! It does everything it says it does: controls oil, goes on sheer, gives you a natural look and doesn't clog pores. A mirror is included in the top and it comes with a pink sponge puff. And at $1.99, it's a steal :)

on 12/15/2003 9:45:00 PM

An amazing find for the price. Works wonderfully to blot up the midday oilies without turning orange or looking cakey. Plus, it's so cheap I could care less if I drop it, lose it, or any of the other dumb things I've done with powder compacts over the years. My only complaints are the cheap, yet functional, packaging, and the fact that the powder feels a little gritty - I wish it were more finely milled. Other than that, it's great - no breakouts, truly translucent, and I can actually feel it sucking the oil out of my pores, yet it never leaves me dry or flakey. I stock up when it's 2/$1.99 at Longs. I couldn't even imagine paying $16 for MAC Blot now.