February 1, 2015 | 1166 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Deesteezy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really exited to try this out since I heard so many good things about it. I went to Sephora and bought both the foundation and concealer. I have oily, acne prone skin and am currently experiencing some redness on my cheeks, so I look for coverage and staying power in a foundation. I usually end up looking super shiny by the end of the day. Unfortunately, Tarte's foundation had me looking super shiny by lunch time. I tried again the next day but same result :( so I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so recently i have tried 4 different foundations...didnt like any of them. i was getting so frustrated. i was searching the net looking for another one to try and this came up. i had never heard of it before but so many people had good things to say about it. so i scurried down to Ulta with little hope that i would be able to find my shade. i grabbed the shade deep and tried some on..and low and behold it matched! it is a mousse/creamy type texture. it feels very light on the skin. i wore it for the first time today...and i feel like the reviewer before me...OMG!!! i was so pleasantly surprised...TARTE where have you been all of my life??!! i kept checking my makeup as i always do the first time i wear a foundation..and everytime i looked in the mirror i was amazed at how nice and matte my skin looked. finally a keeper!

UPDATE:
it's been a month and i still like this foundation. it has actually made my skin look better WITHOUT makeup. theres stuff in this foundation that is really good for the skin..so you are not just covering your flaws but you are treating and improving your skin at the same time. also, on most days i wear it for 13 hours and i only have to blot once after about 7 hours. it stays looking freshly applied for hours. i havent gotten any significant breakouts while using this foundation. now heres my one negative:
1) this foundation dries me out around the eyes and does NOT cover my dark undereye circles. so i had to purchase a concealer to use for that which is very unusual for me. normally i just put some extra foundation under my eyes and im good to go.

UPDATE 6/19/14: its been over a year now and im still using and loving this foundation. its HG status! i tried out a few other foundations and always ended up coming back to my tarte. so now, its here to stay. its the only one i use and i will not stray from it again! i have gotten sooo many compliments on this foundation. it matches and covers well, looks very natural, doesnt break me out,and its longwearing..even in summer heat. LOVE!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sg424

O m g! This foundation is the BOMB DOT COM! I am so oily and acne prone with acne scarring. Good LAWD have mercy this is the LEAST expected life saver ever. I went to sephora JCpenney (it just opened in my county) and the managers showed it to me and I am a makeup fanatic and somehow I overlooked this. I was always hunting for a full coverage skin perfecting makeup. Usually ending up with MAC and makeup forever (which both either showed my pores or scars to much or after a while became a oily mess despite all the primer use). So I bought a bottle HD foundation AGAIN from MUFE and bought the wrong color and went back to exchange it and the people were like OMG TARTE has a full coverage. I was spectacle because its TARTE and I thought its probably for perfect skin people. BUT WAS I WRONG. IT WAS SUPER FULL COVERAGE WITH OUT EVEN FEELING LIKE IT MY GOD. IT stayed on my skin for HOURS and then I retouched the smooth operator translucent powder and BAM again it was perfect. I am so satisfied with this. I literally registered with MAKEUP ALLEY for this reason. Just to tell all of you that this make up is amazing. Yes I was lucky to find anything in my color because color range is small but it is a blessing. With the benefit porefessional primer under this...I am in makeup heaven...I got compliments. I have never felt so beautiful after wearing makeup before this. I use MAC 197 foundation brush for the perfect full coverage. I also use the tartes MATTE bronzer over everything. I tell you. All this: Benefits Porefessional, Tarte 12 hour foundation, Tarte Smooth operator setting powder, and Tarte matte bronzer in Park Ave Princess....IS PERFECT!! TRY THIS!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice coverage and beautiful finish. Makes my skin look nearly flawless. The HUGE application brush makes it fast. I got this as part of a set I ordered from HSN. I can't believe I've given up my longtime Bare Minerals foundation but this covers so well and is so fast!! Doesn't clog my pores and my skin looks great. My new go-to foundation!
Update: it's been over a year since I tried this foundation and I am still using and loving it! My skin looks very smooth and even- very important to those of us in our middle years who spent a lot of time in the sun! I apply over my moisturizer and still finish with my Mineral Veil from Bare Minerals. Doesn't dry me out and lasts all day. Still loving it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation and I'm a BB Cream girl. I just fell in love with Tart's BB cream then I had to try this. I put this on with my RT foundation brush and I only needed the smallest amount to cover my face very well. I think it's medium to light coverage because I don't have many spots and it covered everything with one layer. I didn't have to build it up to get the coverage I needed. It can be built though for skin that needs more coverage.

I had it on at least 10 hours and my skin looked perfect. No flaws,blotchyness,spots,Etc. My skin looked flawless. It really impressed me that something that stays for 12 hours feels like nothing on your skin. It's very light on the skin and this is the only foundation that I will wear.

Right now this is my HG! No cakyness or it not mixing with my moisturizer and primer. I got this in a set but it's a huge amount but I will buy the regular size before I run out as this is the only foundation I will use atm.It also doesn't make me break out and it controls oil very well so it's the perfect Summer foundation.

Give it a try ladies it's really good and I hope you have the same awesome results.Also I have super oily skin and it doesn't make it worse it makes it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by carolinedawson

I bought this product when I was in desperate need for something new. I couldn't find anything that would hide AND cover my acne at the same time until I came across this foundation. It works great! It covers any scars and over time actually decreases the amount of acne. I had it for about three months until I had to buy another one. It's pretty pricey, but definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Cosmeticianbabe14

The best foundation for
-oily breakout prone skin

Pros-
-skin stays matte
-full coverage
-stays on all day
Cons-
Can look and feel a little heavy If you over apply
-I cannot wear this in the winter because the clay that absorbs the oil and keeps you matte will also dry out your skin and cause flakes
I'd say this is the perfect summer foundation for skin that's normal-combination-oily.
It's also natural so it's so much better for your skin and won't clog pores even close to as much as cheap loreal/covergirl, ect foundations

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by JillianRoseF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you have had trouble looking for a matte full-coverage foundation, look no further! I have tried everything from Clinique to MAC, and this is by far the most impressive. I have pretty oily skin, and living in a hot climate doesnt help. The staying power is absolutley phenomenal; only needing a touch-up after SEVEN hours! The coverage is very full, but you can work with it. I suggest using a very dense Kabuki brush, because that seems to give the best results. It provides an airbrushed finish that is unmatched. It is pricey, but with great packaging and a lot of product, you get some bang for your buck. Worth a try! It is my HG foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Angmeg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is great, almost perfect! I have oily acne prone skin, and large pores! This seems to minimize my pore size (sure it's just an illusion but it looks great!) and makes my skin look dewy and clean and clear. I don't consider this a full coverage, more medium. For a fuller coverage I actually just use concealer in the spots I want more coverage then the foundation. I don't like the application when applied with my hands or a brush, I use the beauty blender I bought at sephora and it gives me a clean streak free air brushed look. Lasts about 6 hours but I find I need to touch up (maybe because of really oily skin!) It doesn't make me break out and I don't mind the packaging because I cut the tube when I'm done and seal it in a airtight Baggie (ziplock) so I can use every last little bit of product. I will continue to buy this, so far it's the only thing that looks great on my skin after trying *hundreds* of foundations over the years.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Rosaliediane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You HAVE to get the matching Amazonian clay foundation brush! I get compliments on my makeup all the time because this brush makes your skin absolutely flawless! It gives it the most beautiful airbrushed finish. I have 3 of these brushes! They wash and dry nicely.