November 27, 2014 | 1433 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by TaraAliceBuckT

This is nice! It seriously lasted me over 12 hours. It's got a nice creamy texture and it blends extremely well. I didn't follow up with a powder because it gave me a nice dewy finish. My only complaint was that it kind of creased up in the corners of my nose and in the fine lines under my eyes, but then again I didn't use a primer beforehand. Overall it's nice and I love that Tarte uses such nice ingredients in their products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definetly a winter foundation for me. I feel that it would be to thick to wear during the summer even though the oil control is good. Right now my skin is a bit dry so I had some problems with it at first. I would not recommend this to people who have dry skin since it makes flakes really stand out. I think if it was a bit more mosturizing, I would have given this product a 5 out of 5.
I started to use my Clarisonic before I apply the foundation, and it goes on beautifully. I don't have the palest shade but the shade above it and it matches with my skin tone really well.
I got mine from Beauty Brands for $38. The price is actually pretty good seeing how there is a lot of product. Also I recommend using a beauty blender, it just helps it go on really well.
I don't know if I would call this an HG, but it is pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by broadwaybeauty17

This is a wonderful foundation, with a semi-matte and seamless finish. The coverage is medium but buildable, and also the consistency is not too thick but creamy and blendable. It does a good job of oil-control (presumable thanks to the amazonian-clay) but it does not stay completely matte all day, as does for example the MUFE Matt Velvet. I like to powder a little about mid-day with this foundation.

Good points:
-LOTS of product: 1.7 oz (lasts forever!!)
-Nice durable packaging
-Good buildable coverage
-Creamy smooth consistency

Negative points:
-Rather pricy
-Does not completely eliminate oil
-Small range of colors

I got my tube at Ulta for $38, have repurchased once and will again. My shade is Light, which I find to be slightly yellowish on me because I am pretty pale. Next time I might try a shade lighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by clandestineyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really loved this foundation. The coverage is great and very buildable. And the lasting power of it is downright amazing!! I am also super pale and their color choices were fairly easy to match to my skin.. The only thing about this is that it gave me milia and small bumps on my forehead and cheeks. So unfortunately there is something in the ingredients that doesn't agree with me skin! Bummer since it's everything I am looking for in a foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by megsn107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unfortunetly, this didnt work for me. If you have dry skin Id steer clear of this. I have dry skin, and after I put this on it emphazied ALL my dry patches (not cute) and my skin isnt even THAT dry but for some reason it looked like my skin was dying of thirst.If you have oily skin this might be good for you. Some good things are: It didnt oxidize on me, and it had pretty nice packaging (plastic tube, good for travel). Thats about it :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was put on to this product by a client that I was doing a makeover on at my Clinique counter. Alright, I know, you are saying "HUH", she works for Clinique and is reviewing this AND she gave it 5 lippies??

So let me explain, I really love and use Clinique skincare, but I am not wild about their foundations. I have been using Estee Lauder DW for awhile now, but like any beauty junkie, I am always on the lookout for the HG to end all HG's. But, back to my story, this lovely lady "Miss Maggie' shared her stash with me (you find your soul sister, you share) and pulled this out and swatched it on her hand for me. When I saw that it provided really good coverage, I told her I had to have some. She said "OH, I shouldn't have shown it to you, I'll get you in trouble"!

Well, I looked for a good deal on QVC and found one. The foundation and the amazing, lovely, soft applicator brush and bought it, in the Fair shade, which is absolutely perfect for my complexion. This is a lovely, creamy formula, the instructions tell you to put a quarter size amount on the back of your hand, swirl the brush into it and then buff it from the nose outward. Following these instructions, you get a very nice even coverage. You must buff this out thoroughly, or you will get a very heavy looking coverage. The key is to get the applicator brush with it. The deal I got was $38 for BOTH the foundation and brush. Regularly the foundation is $38 and the brush is $32. So look for the deal on QVC. I also recieved a sample of the Amazonian Clay finishing powder which I use with this and you only need a tiny amount of powder with this.

This is a long last foundation, maybe not as long a ELDW, I will admit, and if you are going out for the evening after an 8 hour day, you may want a light touchup, but other than that, a very good quality foundation, excellent coverage and I can say the 12 hour claim is valid.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Syllionya

I've been using this product for a few weeks now. I purchased it at Sephora at the recommendation of the (rude) store rep, who said it was a good full coverage foundation for oily skin. I go between liking and not liking this product, but I don't love or hate it. If there was anything I DID love, however, it would be the yellow consistency of this foundation. It's great because I happen to be very very, yellow for a caucasion person. This is due to my Basque heritage, I guess.

It comes in a nice tube with a wooden screw-top. The texture, as many have mentioned, is a gel mousse and very pleasant. I have learned the hard way that you only need a little bit, and also that you need to blend this bit out. If you use too much this foundation definitely looks like corpse makeup, so don't make that mistake. I don't have a buffing brush so I blend it with my fingers and then do little touchups with my Cargo magic brush. This works for me. I don't think this product builds all that well because of the afore-mentioned blending issue. It really defines my pores and makes weird greasy lines when I "over apply".

I have freckly acne scars from a serious cystic break out and this product kinda covers the scars. I use concealer under it, and, most recently, bare minerals matte to set. These steps cover me up fairly well. I would say that this foundation gives acceptable coverage for a thinish layer. I don't like that I can't build my coverage.

I added the matte mineral foundation at the end because this product comes off VERY easily for oily skinned girls such as myself. If you have oily skin, you need to set this foundation with a good powder or it's going to rub off all over the place. It will still rub off a fair bit.

I won't buy this again. I would much rather buy Laura Mercier matte since I know I can just pat on extra foundation on problem areas without worrying about corpse looking buildup. I would even rather wear Smashbox studio foundation, although it isn't as nice to my skin. Both products stay put when I wear them.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by allheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Amazonian Clay foundation and brush are a great product for getting the basics done without all the work. It has better coverage than a lot of liquid foundations without the "pancake" feel.

I was really surprised with the amount of time this foundation-brush combo saved since it spreads and covers so evenly. I use a slight amount of Lancome's loose powder to set it since I have an oily t-zone, but it lasts throughout the day, and is easy to reapply if necessary.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Hollynla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot figure out how the lady at Ulta thought this foundation would be great for an oily skinned person. I asked for a matte foundation and this is definitely not matte. In fact, when I use it, my skin looks oily in about an hour. Also, it really seems to enhance pores and fine lines, like the heaviness of the foundation just sits on top the skin. I will not repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by MelissaTye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!!!! Its creamy, almost a whipped consistency. Goes on smooth and covers perfectly (best with use of primer and concealer first). My face looks like a doll all day long.