Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 11/27/2013 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have had a really hard time finding a good foundation that had everything that I'm looking for. I have splotchy skin and my face is three different colors. I find that this foundation evens out my skin tone and looks natural. It's very lightweight and easy to apply. The color is a little flat for my liking but I fix that with bronzer. Needs to be set with powder, and I recommend using foundation primer. If you're always in a hurry I do not recommend this product because it's one that looks best when a lot if time is out into application. I am satisfied with this product and will be purchasing it again.

on 11/26/2013 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation. I used the Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Brush to apply the foundation and at first it looked flawless ! However, after about 2 hours my skin became oily and even after numerous touchups it seemed hopeless. I tried it with a primer, without the primer, etc, same results. Also, the shade was a perfect match for me, so it's a shame it didn't work for me. I'll be trying the Urban Decay Naked Sink Liquid Foundation.

My experience with this wasn't the best. I received a sample of this. I had high expectations because not only did the Sephora consultant rave about it, it looked great on her! But it flaked for me throughout work, even with primer on. I have normal skin, but the consultant said it works great for her oily skin. I would say if you have oily, ace-prone or sensitive skin this would be best for you. If you have dry skin, stay away! But overall try and get a sample before purchasing. It's pretty pricey for an on-the-whim purchase.

on 11/24/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Definitely my favorite foundation. I think we've covered that its pretty expensive at almost $40, but compared to other foundations it spreads easily so I don't use much each time. The color fits me perfectly and blends in really well. I'll also say that I don't feel like its full coverage, however it does cover a lot of my acne without a setting powder. Best thing about it is that I don't feel it when its on, its pretty lightweight. My face gets really oily during the day and I usually have to blot at school but with this I never get super oily and it doesn't move. Price is a downer, but the product is amazing.

on 11/23/2013 8:11:00 PM

This is a great foundation. A little goes a long way. It is indeed full coverage, though I do still need concealer. Definitely not good for dry skin, as it does soak up oil. For my combination skin, this works well. Definitely need a primer, and for my t-zone, I need to set with Mineral Veil. Not 100% sure I'll repurchase but it is definitely possible. It lasts all day.

on 11/20/2013 8:38:00 PM

No other foundation has given my skin as natural of a finish as this one. It's my go to foundation when recommending products for customers to try. The airbrush finish brush is a MUST for applying this creamy foundation. If I don't set it with powder it does ten to get a little slick but I'm okay with that trade off for all I it's wonderful benefits. The only downside is the price, if I didn't get it discounted for working at a beauty store I'm not sure how inclined I would feel about repurchasing every 2 months but I am absolutely delighted by this product. Always getting compliments on how pretty my skin looks. Even my boyfriend noticed!!

on 11/19/2013 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

When I bought this, I was looking for a foundation that would be full-coverage, matte finish, didn't break me out, and stayed put all day. Bought it. Cost $40. Ugh. Tried it, didn't immediately hate it, but after a few months, I thoroughly dislike it.

HOWEVER, for me, it didn't cover anything. Not my pimples, freckles, dark circles, acne scars, nothing. What it does is makes the skin around your problem areas a different color. It evens my skin tone but it is cakey. I guess the cakiness depends on how much you put on your face. Coverage isn't that buildable either. It does feel really good on your skin and I did not have a problem with irritability. It didn't break me out. It glides like soft butter. The texture is smooth and you can tell that there is actual clay in it without being grainy or rough. Very interesting because I feel like it is so smooth, it becomes slick so it won't stay in one place. Now, onto the finish. I guess if you have dry skin, it would bring a dewy finish, but I have very oily skin and it made me look disgusting even after an hour. At the end of the day, I couldn't wait to get that crap off my face. It made me feel dirty. It doesn't melt into your skin. It sits on the top and you can tell you are wearing foundation. It does not stay put. It doesn't matter how much powder you use to "set it", it will move into all your fine lines, wrinkles, and creases in your face that you didn't even know existed. It will make you look older. It comes off so easily. I tried blotting my face to get rid of the oiliness and half of it come off. If you need a reliable foundation, keep it moving because this was $40 worth of useless mud.

on 11/18/2013 1:05:00 AM

had high hopes for this makeup but it didn't do it for me made me oily and looks cakey returned!

on 11/17/2013 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. The coverage is great and not too heavy. I have actually been impressed with most of Tarte's Amazonian clay product line. This foundation has lasting power and I usually don't need any touch ups trough out that day. The color is also a perfect match. I'm a foundation junkie and I can safely say this has been my HG everyday foundation for the last 4 months. That might not sound like much but I typically don't use anything longer then a few weeks. The packaging is really cute as well and I like that it is a squeeze tube because it is more sanitary.

on 11/9/2013 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation!! I change foundations frequently because I always think there is something better out there. This is the best one I've tried in a while. I have very oily and acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out at all. I put a layer of this on my face using the Tarte foundation brush and then I apply a light layer of the Tarte Airbrush powdered foundation over it. I also use the Tarte powder as a concealer on darker areas. Both of these together make my skin look airbrushed but not fake. I use Light Neutral in the liquid and Fair Light Neutral in the powder. I have a true neutral skintone and this matches it perfectly!! For reference, I use Buff in Revlon Colorstay and Ecru in EL Double Wear.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom