October 2, 2014 | 976 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I was really in to Tarte a few years ago and tried most of their foundations. I was pretty satisfied with my Nars Sheer Glow and Laura Mercier Mineral Powder and tinted moisturizers so I passed on this when it was released a while ago. I swatched it many times and I really liked how the color Light was yellow based. I finally got to try it when I ordered a QVC set which came with a brush, blush, brow pencil and mascara. I find that I get good results with my hand and pretty much any synthetic foundation brush (Sigma, Real Techniques). It covers well, is not streaky, does not separate, wears for a long time, and just plain ol looks good. My other current favorite foundation is Guerlain Lingerie and I find that I use the Tarte more often, especially for everyday. I am so happy I got to try this and see myself purchasing it again even though I have other foundations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

This foundation looks TERRIBLE on me, simultaneously the worst and most expensive I've ever used.

I have large pores and oily skin with a FEW fine lines. This foundation emphasizes all of the above withing minutes. When first applied even the smallest amount looks like pancake makeup. The lightest shade is also way too yellow and slightly too dark for my pale skin.

I can't believe I paid $42 for this. I swapped it for the awesome Revlon CS whipped which is a quarter of the price and much, much better.

The only reason I gave this 2 stars is because it looks great on my friend, but he has perfect skin anyway.

I would never recommend this to any one else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this foundation! Definitely worthy of it's overall rating of 5. If I could give it a 10, I would! And I am happy to finally say, after years and YEARs of searching ... HG foundation for me. Amazing coverage. Easy to apply. Blends beautifully. Great colour selection and matches my skin perfect. Packaging is super cute. Price is decent $50CDN @ Sephora. Nothing bad to say about this stuff. FANTASTIC :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

i may be jumping to gun on this because i just tried it but i will edit if i have to. hg status!!!! my crappy skin looks flawless with this stuff! and a little goes a long way! and it's cheaper than most mac foundations if you consider the amount of product. basically, i am in love! and im so excited about the SPF. all my faves are usually lacking SPF. im almost 20 and already worried about wrinkles haha. i digress. anyway love this! great coverage and flawless matte finish..which i love. im nc20 and using tartes light. also, packaging is so unique, cute, and high quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I came across it at Sephora and the mua tried it on my medium olive skin in Tan. Great match. I love how little I use with my foundation airbrush and it looks really good throughout the day. It gives off a slightly semi matte finish, with good coverage. The bottle is more like a squeeze tube, with a wooden cap on the bottom. The side has a clear "window" so you can see the shade color. I like this style of packagaing as I wont waste any of it. I squeeze a dime size amount on a glass slab and pick it up on my airbrush #56 and gently buff it onto my face. I have found Tarte to work very well on my face, so I will definitely buy this again when i run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Nessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A good foundation with a nice color selection. So far it does not break me out, but if my skin is a bi dry it will show that so it needs to be applied carefully

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by TigerLilli007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a nut about foundation. I am on a never-ending search for the right one. My skin is sun-damaged, and acne-prone, but with the right product it can look good. The problem is, they tend to melt off my face quickly- even the ones that claim "long-lasting". I've tried MAC/Dermablend/Revlon/Estee Lauder Matte/etc...nope. Alas, Tarte! Flawless coverage, great shade, natural not cakey, LASTS!!!
It's well worth the price.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by flormaytli

I have really sensitive skin and would always break out when trying new foundations. With this one, I haven't broke out and my skin feels softer. I also have super oily skin and this foundations works well with my skin. Would definitely buy it again. Super soft and easy to put on. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by xmegannn

This product is good, but I am still in search for my HG foundation. I have terrible acne and acne scars which this product does not cover. I feel this is more of a medium coverage makeup. I find it comparable (coverage-wise) with Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation though the texture is thicker and creamier when squeezed from the bottle. I am color 6 (medium with yellow undertones) in UD's foundation and the Tan color of this foundation is pretty much the same.

Also the foundation does not stay for 12-hours, as it claims. Maybe 4-6 hours, depending on the type of day. I do not use any setting powder because it makes my dry patches flaky.

The price is not too bat at $38. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Probably too early to do a review, but I wore this for the first time today and am thinking grail. First off, they are not kidding with the 12-hrs! I wore this from 5 am until 6 pm and it looked as good at the end of the day as it did when I first applied it. This was even after a workout, even though I don't normally wear makeup to the gym (nor should you) but I had absentmindedly forgot my mu wipes. I have combo-oily skin that gets a bit drier in the winter time and is definately more oily in summer. This foundation did not make my drier areas (cheeks) uncomfortable nor leave my t-zone oily. It has a mouselike texture with a matte finish. I did not feel the need to use powder with it but I may need to do so when the weather warms up. As for the color match, I have fair, neutral-leaning-cool skin (NW15) and use the shade Fair00 which is very neutral with neither strong pink nor yellow overtones. I find it blends beautifully with my skintone and looks very natural. The coverage is medium but buildable and I did not use any concealer with it. I highly recommend for oily and combination skins, though it would not be an option for dry skins or those that desire a luminous finish as it is quite a flat matte finish.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No