April 19, 2014 | 1795 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

BUYERs tip: Get this full foundation ($38) + the Buffer Airbrush Bamboo brush ($32) for only $34 on QVC. I was naive enough to get it separately at ULTA individually & paid full price. Fantastic product. Feels and looks like a second skin. Has full coverage, spf 15 & blends veryy easily. Now the downsides sadly, the color selection; like all HE mu the range is soo limited. This comes in 5 shades only! I'm an NC25 with yellow undertones & the light has the perfect undertones but is too light in the outdoors. IMO this shade is best for NC15-NC20. The medium has neutral undertones & sure I can make it work with a light yellow powder (Ben Nye banana) on top. But this has been the case with ALL of foundations I have tried thus far (and I've tried a lot) I'm alway mixing/layering to get a match. I'm still searching for that one step HG....

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

-___- this product is a disaster for sensitive skin. It oxidizes, feels tight after just 20 minutes, and becomes an oily mess which breaks you out. Never buying from tarte when it comes to foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by AestheticsCosmetics

I recently purchased this product and I have to say that I have enjoyed it so far. I've seen on previous posters that it oxidizes on some skin. I have not had that problem, however, it seems that those with oily skin types fell victim to it. I have combination skin. I felt like this moped up excess oil and provided hydration where I needed it. It really stayed on all day long; that's a serious plus in this humid climate. I feel the coverage is quite nice as well. I wouldn't say it's full coverage like mac or makeup forever, but it's definitely a medium to full. I mostly wear tinted moisturizers as I don't need much coverage. Lately though, I've felt that I needed more coverage, so I decided to give this a go. All in all, I'd say this is a nice purchase should you feel ok with parting with nearly $40.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kscakeface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing for anyone looking for coverage whilst worrying about oily skin. I have QUITE oily skin as well as old acne marks that i like to hide as much as possible. this foundation gives me a beautiful glow but doesnt slide off my face after wearing for a few hours. i love that it does not give the "dull, grey" look that all other oil-free foundations have given me. it is a beautiful foundation! not cakey at all & a little goes a long way. it also comes in a 50ml tube (if you pay close attention, you'll notice that is 20ml more than MOST foundation brands) i highly recommend this product. if you have warm undertones (like me) this is the perfect make-up for you :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulswan007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh how I wanted to love this foundation. The texture is amazing and so easy to blend. It comes out of the tube as a lovely, creamy, mousse-like texture. It feels incredibly light and smooth on the skin with a good amount of coverage. I tried this in the shade Medium. It looked flawless for about 30 minutes and then bam! It OXIDIZES like crazy. The color changed so much into something that didn't match my skin with an ugly orange tint. If you look are the ingredient list, there are a few ingredients that are notorious for making foundations turn orange. I wish I could use this or had fairer skin but I would not buy this makeup at all unless you are fine with looking like an orange freak :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Normally I swear by Revlon Colorstay for oily skin, which works great on me (I have SUPER oily skin). I'm a foundation junky that's always searching for something better than Colorstay...to the tune of 15 different foundations. So far Tarte's Full coverage is the only thing that is equal in staying power and coverage without break outs. I love that it's more of a natural product and the buffing brush is to DIE for :) I purchased mine off of QVC which was wayyyy cheaper than at Ulta or Sephora (think with shipping I paid $44 for the foundation and brush). Will continue to purchase and highly recommend it for people with oily skin that want a heavier coverage. If you are dry, are looking for a dewy finish or don't like looking "made up" this may not be for you. I'm 40 yrs old with big pores, old acne scars, uneven skin tone and some fine lines creeping in around my eyes and have had no issues with this settling in or drawing more attention to these flaws. A small amount covers and evens my skin without the need for concealer. I still powder this foundation to set it (which I also do with colorstay) and require a touch up midway thru the day (which I would need with any foundation because of my oiliness). I'm very picky and this stuff works great for me!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hlzapf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yuck. I liked the Tarte Recreate foundation. Since I have really oily skin, I thought this the Amazonian Clay foundation would be great. I was not impressed. It feels heavy and looks like a mask, but at the same time does not cover! It also makes my skin greasy yet clings and cakes in any flaky areas.The worst of both worlds. I returned this to Ulta.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by kloud04

I actually bought this months back and have yet to review it. I just could not make this work for me at all and it broke me out with cystic acne. ugh.
Pros: Price is reasonable, can return to QVC if you dont like it. Does give great coverage, love the brush, and it doesnt take much product to do your whole face
Cons: Doesn't look too natural (at least on my skin) I think that this only works well on people who aren't super oily. I on the hand am super oily and this just sank into my pores and melted off my face. I also found that I would have to set this with powder which would make me look like I was dead and wearing way to much makeup. This also rubs off sooo badly. I would hug my husband or son and they would have it on their clothes and my face barely touched the fabric. just not a fan. glad to hear that others like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am impressed. This does what it says. This offers medium buildable coverage. It has a truly natural finish - satin matte. It phototgraphs very well. It stay on for the 12 hrs it claims, but I wish it lasted a bit longer but only cause my day is longer than that. It holds up well in the heat, but if your are truly very oily you may need to use something on the Tzone at least to help it from sliding off. I apply this with a buffing brush- either the SigmaF80 or the newer Real Techniques Buffing Foundation Brush (the one that is slightly pinched). I find that if I moisten the brush a bit the finish is even nicer, too. (Tip from MakeupbyTiffanyD) A little goes a long way, too. I squeeze a line of only the length of my middle fingers fingertip from bend to end of tip if that makes sense. But that does my whole face. It blurs my pores so they look smaller, too.
Most importantly no irritaion or break outs because of this.
Will repurcahse. It's the only one I have found in the 2 yrs that I've been searching for a replacement that works for me, so it's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation withstood 90+ heat when I was outside from 10am to 5pm. Didn't look greasy. Just a few touch ups here and there. I don't have oily skin, I have combination skin. I also have acne and dark spots, and this covers them well but I still need concealer. I use this with a stiffling brush and buff it into my skin. I noticed that this foundation dries very quickly, so I have to work very quick with this. I have "light" and it is very yellow and dark looking. But once I buff it out, it almost conforms to my skin. Using a yellow based foundation can cancel out redness and I like that the most about this foundation. I never used an high end foundation besides this one before, so I can't really compare. But I know for a fact its better than my other drugstore foundations. I have applied this without primer before and it worked just an nicely as with primer, I'd make sure you use a nice moisturizer beforehand. I blend this a lot to make sure everything is evened out and nicely looking. I rarely use this foundation due its high price and my drugstore foundation I only use powder. Sometimes I don't even set this, I just set my concealer. I feel like the foundation sets itself.

Overall, I would rcecomend this to anyone who is looking for a medium coverage foundation, combination skin, natural finish and look.

EDIT: This foundation has stuff in it that causes me to break out. I gave it away to my best friend for her to use. Too many breakouts.