December 21, 2014 | 1838 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by lebachai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really, truly think I've found my HG foundation. A little backstory: my face is acne prone and I'm often a walking oil slick. I've used Revlon Colorstay, both liquid and the newer whipped formula. Neither of them does what this foundation does. IT STAYS. Even through workouts and 14-hour days. This little tube is more money than I like to pay. I'll save money elsewhere; this little beauty is worth the cash. I will say that I am very careful about how I prep my skin. I use milk of magnesia as a primer (cheapest and best primer for oily skin, ever!) and then I put MAC Natural Radiance Base Visage over that (helps smooth things out). I used those two things all the time with Colorstay, and it never looked as good as this Tarte foundation does. Then I apply this with a flat-headed buffing brush and set it with powder. It doesn't move or streak. I've been using it this way for about two weeks now and I'm still stunned when I see myself after a long day. Color me thrilled.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I got a sample of this to try from Sephora. I used it for a couple of days and then decided to buy it. I'd heard a number of good things about this product, and since I have oily skin, I was very interested.

I ended up buying it from QVC while they offered a full size foundation *and* the Tarte brush with shipping for something like $38. I couldn't turn down that deal, and for the most part, I'm glad I didn't.

It is nice. The color blends easily, and it doesn't feel greasy or heavy or gross. It doesn't feel super sheer, though. I do feel like I'm wearing foundation.

As far as the oil control goes, I don't notice it making a huge difference. It's supposed to absorb oil, but after 4-6 hours or so, I do notice that I'm oilier than I should be. The SA at Sephora that I talked to when trying another foundation told me that I should use the Amazonian Clay finishing powder. So, I need to spend more money on another product that that might not do what it claims to?

I still like the way it looks, but maybe using a setting powder might help. I doubt it because I've tried other foundations without a setting powder and have still been less oily.

It also might be that I put too much product on. I find that I use much more of this than others, like the Kat Von D foundation.

In any case, if you have super oily skin, this might not be for you.

If you have regular to dry skin, this foundation might be perfect for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by smzvacek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've reached "that age" where a good foundation is really important and I've been pleased with this one. I'm only giving it 4 lippies because I'm not crazy about the tube packaging.

I've started squeezing some out of the tube into a small, flat tin with a tight-fitting lid and this way I can dab the brush into it and then apply it directly to my face. Squeezing it onto my hand (as they recommend) seems wasteful to me.

I hesitated to get the brush but am SO GLAD I did. It makes a huge difference in how the makeup goes on. I got the package deal from QVC that includes the brush and would definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Cathuggins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product about 8 months ago, after using Dior foundation. I really like Tarte. I find that it does offer full coverage but I just really wish it lasted the 12 hours as specified. I'm a physician and find myself often working 12hr + shifts and start noticing foundation changes about 6 to 8 hours into my shift.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have 2 different shades, overall the foundation does a really good job. It is medium to full coverage, but be careful cause it can look cakey, a little goes a long way. I have very oily t-zone and I did not notice it really make a difference in wear on oily skin, It it long wearing overall. I like the packaging, but wish it have a greater variety of shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by littleladylew

Though this foundation is on the pricey side, it works great. However, for a full coverage foundation I would have thought it would cover acne better. The foundation does not like to cover the texture of acne. It stays on great, even while sleeping (yes I know this is bad to do but it stays well). Makes the face look flawless when used with a concealer. Thought clay could clog pores but my skin cleared up while using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Catty414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation! I've only had it a couple of weeks but my skin has never looked so good. I have really oily skin and I find myself never having to touch it up with anything when I'm using this. I took away one lipstick because I wish they had more shades; they didn't have the right one for my skin tone and I had to go a little light. I need to set it with a powder foundation in order for it to match me, but other than that I really love this product and see myself buying it over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am pretty pale and have a difficult time finding a light enough shade that is not pink. I got a sample from Sephora and fell in love. The coverage is pretty good. I seem to always have a couple breakouts on my face along with acne scars so I still use a little concealer. I apply with my F80. I tried with my beauty blender but it did not work out so well. The packaging it great I love the squeeze tube. $38 is pretty pricey, but I will buy again since the color is so great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by TaraAliceBuckT

This is nice! It seriously lasted me over 12 hours. It's got a nice creamy texture and it blends extremely well. I didn't follow up with a powder because it gave me a nice dewy finish. My only complaint was that it kind of creased up in the corners of my nose and in the fine lines under my eyes, but then again I didn't use a primer beforehand. Overall it's nice and I love that Tarte uses such nice ingredients in their products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definetly a winter foundation for me. I feel that it would be to thick to wear during the summer even though the oil control is good. Right now my skin is a bit dry so I had some problems with it at first. I would not recommend this to people who have dry skin since it makes flakes really stand out. I think if it was a bit more mosturizing, I would have given this product a 5 out of 5.
I started to use my Clarisonic before I apply the foundation, and it goes on beautifully. I don't have the palest shade but the shade above it and it matches with my skin tone really well.
I got mine from Beauty Brands for $38. The price is actually pretty good seeing how there is a lot of product. Also I recommend using a beauty blender, it just helps it go on really well.
I don't know if I would call this an HG, but it is pretty good.