September 17, 2014 | 2178 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

i may be jumping to gun on this because i just tried it but i will edit if i have to. hg status!!!! my crappy skin looks flawless with this stuff! and a little goes a long way! and it's cheaper than most mac foundations if you consider the amount of product. basically, i am in love! and im so excited about the SPF. all my faves are usually lacking SPF. im almost 20 and already worried about wrinkles haha. i digress. anyway love this! great coverage and flawless matte finish..which i love. im nc20 and using tartes light. also, packaging is so unique, cute, and high quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I came across it at Sephora and the mua tried it on my medium olive skin in Tan. Great match. I love how little I use with my foundation airbrush and it looks really good throughout the day. It gives off a slightly semi matte finish, with good coverage. The bottle is more like a squeeze tube, with a wooden cap on the bottom. The side has a clear "window" so you can see the shade color. I like this style of packagaing as I wont waste any of it. I squeeze a dime size amount on a glass slab and pick it up on my airbrush #56 and gently buff it onto my face. I have found Tarte to work very well on my face, so I will definitely buy this again when i run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Nessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A good foundation with a nice color selection. So far it does not break me out, but if my skin is a bi dry it will show that so it needs to be applied carefully

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by TigerLilli007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a nut about foundation. I am on a never-ending search for the right one. My skin is sun-damaged, and acne-prone, but with the right product it can look good. The problem is, they tend to melt off my face quickly- even the ones that claim "long-lasting". I've tried MAC/Dermablend/Revlon/Estee Lauder Matte/etc...nope. Alas, Tarte! Flawless coverage, great shade, natural not cakey, LASTS!!!
It's well worth the price.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by flormaytli

I have really sensitive skin and would always break out when trying new foundations. With this one, I haven't broke out and my skin feels softer. I also have super oily skin and this foundations works well with my skin. Would definitely buy it again. Super soft and easy to put on. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by xmegannn

This product is good, but I am still in search for my HG foundation. I have terrible acne and acne scars which this product does not cover. I feel this is more of a medium coverage makeup. I find it comparable (coverage-wise) with Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation though the texture is thicker and creamier when squeezed from the bottle. I am color 6 (medium with yellow undertones) in UD's foundation and the Tan color of this foundation is pretty much the same.

Also the foundation does not stay for 12-hours, as it claims. Maybe 4-6 hours, depending on the type of day. I do not use any setting powder because it makes my dry patches flaky.

The price is not too bat at $38. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Probably too early to do a review, but I wore this for the first time today and am thinking grail. First off, they are not kidding with the 12-hrs! I wore this from 5 am until 6 pm and it looked as good at the end of the day as it did when I first applied it. This was even after a workout, even though I don't normally wear makeup to the gym (nor should you) but I had absentmindedly forgot my mu wipes. I have combo-oily skin that gets a bit drier in the winter time and is definately more oily in summer. This foundation did not make my drier areas (cheeks) uncomfortable nor leave my t-zone oily. It has a mouselike texture with a matte finish. I did not feel the need to use powder with it but I may need to do so when the weather warms up. As for the color match, I have fair, neutral-leaning-cool skin (NW15) and use the shade Fair00 which is very neutral with neither strong pink nor yellow overtones. I find it blends beautifully with my skintone and looks very natural. The coverage is medium but buildable and I did not use any concealer with it. I highly recommend for oily and combination skins, though it would not be an option for dry skins or those that desire a luminous finish as it is quite a flat matte finish.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by grivera1017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I've had this foundation for like 4 months now so obviously a little goes a long way. Really good foundation compared to the ones I've tried in the past (MUFE, Revlon, Maybelline, etc.). I've been looking for a foundation thats full coverage and is matte enough for my oily skin. This foundation has checked off most of what I was looking for, however, I do feel like it doesn't last as long as it says it should. Anyway here are my pros vs. cons...

Pros:
- good coverage
- matte
- not greasy
- buildable
- neutralizes skin discoloration
- uvb/uva spf 15
- photographs well

Cons:
- only lasts for a few hours/NOT long-lasting (5-6 hours tops with this foundation, even with setting powder)
- shows pores, blemishes, etc.
- pricey!

With all of this said, I would probably only buy this foundation again IF i can't find one that's comparable in coverage and if I needed a quick swipe of foundation for running errands..

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is the perfect shade for me, and it's also not the priciest foundation I could purchase from Sephora/Ulta. I did notice the a couple times after using this foundation that there is a slight shimmer in it, it isn't crazy like Revlon's Photo Ready, but still there is shimmer which can be a turn off to some people. Once I apply a powder over top the shimmer diminishes for the most part.

The packaging is a squeeze tube and it has whipped texture. It applies very smoothly.

This isn't a full coverage foundation in my eyes because I have very rosy cheeks and they're still slightly noticeable through the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by lovetoshop31

This foundation is amazing! If you are looking for full coverage without using concealer this foundation is for you! I used to use concealer (MAC or Kat Von D) as foundation.. no more! This foundation took the place of all of that and has been great. The light/medium is perfect for NC30 skintone. I use it daily and am always impressed with how long it holds up, I wear it to work daily and there are no smears or loss of coverage throughout the day. Wonderful foundation and just another of Tarte's products that I am over-impressed with!