September 2, 2014 | 1818 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ElaineLuvsMakeup

It took a while for me to get used to this foundation. At first I didn't really like it because it felt kind of slick and I was worried that with my oily skin, it would turn my face into a shiny mess by the middle of the day. However, it turns out that it does not do that, and that by the end of the day, my face still looks relatively matte. I am pretty satisfied with this foundation for a medium coverage (doesn't cover hyperpigmentations, I use concealer after this product to do that). I like Tarte's products because they claim to be more natural and don't use that many chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by myjoyfullife20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am going through a terrible acne breakout/purging phase, and this product has been a godsend! It does an excellent job at covering up the redness and blemishes, as well as soothes my skin. When I put it on, my skin feels so much better, and I don't feel so ugly as most of my blemishes are concealed ;) It controls the oil pretty well, and doesn't dry out my skin. I give it 4 stars, because this product probably works best on oily skin, and not for those with dry skin because of the clay. It's also pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

I use Tarte's primer (purple tube) before applying this foundation then top off with Tarte's translucent finishing powder. This really makes the foundation last for a good 8 hours! Would highly recommend for those battling with acne breakouts and/or oily skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by secretcharm

I have oily acne-prone skin. I am an NC 15 in MAC or fair skin with
warm or maybe neutral undertones. The color Fair matches my skin tone
perfectly. I give this foundation one point for blendability, one
point for coverage and one point for natural ingredients. This
foundation blends like a dream. It is so creamy and mousse-like. The
coverage is good but I find that I have layer it two times to get the
coverage I want so it is a buildable foundation with medium to full
coverage foundation. The ingredients do not include parabens and other
bad ingredients, which is good. It's not the cleanest foundation but
it's okay. I took off one point because it's not long-lasting and I
took off another point because it emphasizes my pores like really
badly. It starts out looking matte then it gets my face very shiny
after a few hours. My routine includes washing my face with Eveline
Charles Nano Silver Cleanser then putting on Eminence Persimmon &
Cantaloupe Day Cream with SPF 32 then my Tarte Amazonian Clay
Foundation. In terms of price, it isn't the most expensive and it isn't the cheapest but for a high end foundation, there is a lot of product for the price, which is why I gave the price rating a four. The package is good because you won't be wasting product as it is a squeeze tube and it is easy to travel with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by srussel9498

I have tried so many foundations and this one is by far one of the best. I love how this foundation goes on and it looks flawless. I love the Tarte line and this foundation is my favorite!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff kinda stinks.

I bought it when it was still a QVC-exclusive, and I was mainly swayed by the fat brush that they used to apply it. So I ordered it, I got the 2nd lightest shade (fair? light? what is the difference anyway between those words) and it matched my N20 face quite well. I like that it has a lot of yellow in it since I have a number of old zit marks. Score 1.
I bought it right as winter began in 2011 -- I was in love with the mousse-gel kinda texture. Totally easy to apply, and I *thought* it wore well, too.

I pulled it out recently to venture back into it, and actually a number of times throughout the summer too, thinking it'd act as oil control given its "clay" namesake. What went wrong? This stuff just sat on my face, emphasizing every nook and cranny and random dry flake of skin.

Despite wearing my regular Palladio primer, it slide off the edge of my chin and alongside my nose. I looked que horible at the end of my otherwise mundane desk work day. So I put it away. I pulled it out again recently. I'm not sure, either it was so fresh and good when I bought it or I had blinders on for this product. It feels greasy and grody as the day wears on (more than likely due to the high silicone content, too) and looks like an additional obscenely obvious layer on my face.

Son, I am disappoint.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by bombace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this so badly. I have dry skin, especially during the winter. I always use moisturizer before my foundation. It says the amazonian clay will cater to your skins needs; hydrating the dry places and absorbing oil in other places. This didn't happen in my case, HOWEVER, the texture is wonderful! Light and blends fantastically! It really does feel like a second skin. It's also made with no harsh ingredients which is a plus. I tried several times but after applying, I rechecked my skin several hours later and it was clinging to the dry patches, so I returned it. For normal to oily skin gals, I think you would love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by sdellinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

IN love with this possible new HG foundation.

Let me start by saying I have extremely sensitive, picky, breakout prone skin. On top of that I am just all around picky about the type of foundation on my skin.

HIGHLIGHTS:
-gives amazing long last converage ( i have LONG days and am often on a plan for hours at a time so I really put my makeup to the test)
-I hardly have to touch up with this
-looks INCREDIBLE in all lighting (full sun, gross in door halogens, etc)
-my skin looks BRIGHT not dull with this foundation

and most importantly it DOES NOT break me out, so, so, so important.

The price is not bad for a HE foundation and a little bit goes a long way. I have not used it with the brush that is sold, just my fingers. I can't stress enough how happy this foundation has made me!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Clairity

I bought this with the accompanying brush and the clean slate concealer. I have fair skin with strong yellow undertones that is very dry and sensitive. I needed a fundation with full coverage because I have quite a few dark marks from past breakouts, but I no longer have any active blemishes. I live in Southern California, where the climate is very dry, and now that it's winter, the cold has been exascerbating my dry, flaky patches. When I used this for the first week, I was happy with the color, but my skin is just a tinge more yellow. It's still the best match I've ever found. But even with moisturizing, and using the primer, this accentuated all the dry spots on my forehead, around my nose, and on my cheeks and chin. This made it look so cakey, and I was very frustrated. But then I started using the cetaphil moisturizing cream, and this made it glide on silky smooth. The coverage is pretty good, but not as much as revlon colorstay. It is much less harsh than colorstay, and doesn't dry out my skin more. Colorstay also oxidized and looked orangey on my skin, but this stays true to color. It doesn't last as long as colorstay, but it does last the promised 12 hours, and through my busy shifts at a coffee shop, and through class afterwards. I set it with MUFE super matte powder. This doesn't completely cover my darks marks, but they are made much less noticeable, so I don't bother with concealer. It doesn't really work for my dark circles, and settles into my undereye creases a bit, so I'm thinking of buying the tarte maracuja creaseless concealer for those, as I'm quite pleased with the primer and concealer. I'm also going to buy the translucent finishing powder when I'm done with my MUFE powder, since Tarte is all natural, and the MUFE super matte powder contains talc. It does cake up a bit around my nose, but it is water and transfer resistant, and with the primer, it makes my skin look pretty smooth. I can't wait to try to concealer and powder! And if the concealer and powder work well, I'll probably purchase Tarte's tinted moisturizer, and use the concealer for my dark marks and undereye circles, and just set it with the powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by melinehazarjeh

I just purchased this product and i have acne and they told me that this foundation is perfect for acne. Well i wore this foundation and at first i liked it . It was not full coverage but it was good. couple of hours later i looked at my self in the mirror and my face looked cakey. maybe i put too much foundation on and it did not look good on my skin. overall its an okay foundation .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Jaymeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have got to say this product changed my life and skin. I get compliments of smooth skin and a J.Lo glow, no joke. I have acne prone, deep scarring and oily t-zone with dry skin so my skin is a nightmare to try and conceal and this has worked wonders for me. I suggest to anyone saying it becomes flaky maybe use proper application brush, moisturizer and natural daylight or a asome make-up mirror (with light and micro-mirror).