April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by claudiajen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After narrowing down every product I use, I have determined that this is the culprit breaking me out. I have acne-prone combo skin, and this did nothing for my acne--if anything, it may have made it worse but I don't have proof that it was this product. So I wouldn't buy again beacuse it doesn't give me a "clear complexion."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the products from this line! My skin looks wonderful, it really does, and I feel that I owe it all to this cleanser (and the other products in the Clear Complexion line). I was somewhat confused by many of the other reviews, as I've NEVER found these soy-based products to be drying. Excellent products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

The key ingredient in this cleanser is salyicic acid. At first I didn't clear much for it but i HAVE been using it for almost half a year now and it's pretty much become my everyday cleanser. I love the smell of this. It is so refreshing. It doesnt strip my face of oils and I do feel like it has cleared up some pimples I had. the calming foaming cleanser is so much better, and is better for sensitive acne prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 9:58:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this awhile back as a result of Dr. Baumann's book. She recommended it for oily, sensitive skin. I bought the Calming lotion and cream also. I liked the way this cleanser foamed up and cleaned my skin. It felt alittle drying but I use other products that moisturize. After about 3 days using this product my skin started burning and got really inflamed (roseacea flare). Since this was the only new product I was using at the time, I assumed it was the culprit. I stopped using it and the irritation calmed down after a few days. It's a good thing I have friends and family who love the products that I can't use. They really clean up. My daughter loves this cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by criss720

I tried this back in high school, in my ongoing attempt to battle acne. (Birth control seemed to help a little, but I started that at 19.)

Anyway, loved the packaging, but didn't really feel impressed with the results. It didn't clear up my face, but it DID try my face out. Which would technically cause more acne. I wouldn't recommend it. I had more like with Clearisil 3-Day Wash, or something like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2007 9:30:00 AM More reviews by mdlvsmakeup

This product is perfect for my sesitive acme prone skin , it does not irritate or make my face red like other acne products do, I have finally found a skin cleanser for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mo22duffy

Love this stuff. Smells great. Cleans my combination skin without overstripping. HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by serimay

At first I thought it was working out well for my skin and it did treat my acne but then my face started getting really dry and tight. Especially the skin near my mouth, even my lips started peeling. It stopped after I discontinued use of this product. Even though I didn't see very good reviews for this product, I saw that it worked well with some people and had hopes that it would work well for me, I was wrong.
I would not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by itzmarylicious

I love this. I've been breaking out even though I'm on prescription medicine. I used this and my breakout was gone!!! I don't know how it worked so well but it did and I'm so glad. It removes my eye makeup too (even though I'm sure its too harsh to use on the eyes) No negatives side effects yet. I've been using it for about 2 weeks. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 12:58:00 AM More reviews by candy_hunter

I have used the Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser last year, and it left me a good impression. After extreme irritation from using Estee Lauder's Perfectly Clean Foaming Cleanser and Toner, I was still left with a few breakouts, bumps, cystic acne and redness. I thought I might give this a try, since it has a low dose of salicylic acid (could probably clear up the breakouts) and says it's safe for sensitive skin. After two days, my skin looks a lot better, less breakouts and redness. Don't know how well it removes makeup because I always use a separate makeup remover. Even if one day I decide to use another cleanser, I might still keep one in the bathroom for use when my skin gets its monthly hormonal breakouts :D