August 1, 2014 | 1267 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to switch from my usual Cetaphil in the summer because it makes me too oily in the heat. I bought this as my replacement cleanser this summer and I love it. Used with the Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer, my acne-prone skin is clear and not as oily. Even though it has salicylic acid, it is not drying at all. I definitely will be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by AntiestaBlemish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the first two weeks, this product felt like it was working on my combination skin, but my forehead starting getting little bumps that wouldn't go away. Then I started getting whiteheads on my cheeks. Even though my skin felt softer and looked brighter, this really didn't do a thing for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2007 3:52:00 PM More reviews by strapon

I actually like this product quite a bit. I've never really found a facial cleanser which I didn't feel like stripped too much from my skin and made it slightly dry, this one included - but, I did find this product actually cleans the skin fairly well and helps clear up pimples considerably more than other products I've used.

I'd advise using a good facial moisturizer day and night with this, in addition to using a facial scrub every few days. This keeps my skin dewy and nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by rubybluecat1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this product too drying, and it really did nothing to help with breakouts. In fact, it made my skin worse! At least it's pretty cheap, so I'm not too heartbroken.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by claudiajen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After narrowing down every product I use, I have determined that this is the culprit breaking me out. I have acne-prone combo skin, and this did nothing for my acne--if anything, it may have made it worse but I don't have proof that it was this product. So I wouldn't buy again beacuse it doesn't give me a "clear complexion."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the products from this line! My skin looks wonderful, it really does, and I feel that I owe it all to this cleanser (and the other products in the Clear Complexion line). I was somewhat confused by many of the other reviews, as I've NEVER found these soy-based products to be drying. Excellent products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

The key ingredient in this cleanser is salyicic acid. At first I didn't clear much for it but i HAVE been using it for almost half a year now and it's pretty much become my everyday cleanser. I love the smell of this. It is so refreshing. It doesnt strip my face of oils and I do feel like it has cleared up some pimples I had. the calming foaming cleanser is so much better, and is better for sensitive acne prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 9:58:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this awhile back as a result of Dr. Baumann's book. She recommended it for oily, sensitive skin. I bought the Calming lotion and cream also. I liked the way this cleanser foamed up and cleaned my skin. It felt alittle drying but I use other products that moisturize. After about 3 days using this product my skin started burning and got really inflamed (roseacea flare). Since this was the only new product I was using at the time, I assumed it was the culprit. I stopped using it and the irritation calmed down after a few days. It's a good thing I have friends and family who love the products that I can't use. They really clean up. My daughter loves this cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by criss720

I tried this back in high school, in my ongoing attempt to battle acne. (Birth control seemed to help a little, but I started that at 19.)

Anyway, loved the packaging, but didn't really feel impressed with the results. It didn't clear up my face, but it DID try my face out. Which would technically cause more acne. I wouldn't recommend it. I had more like with Clearisil 3-Day Wash, or something like that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2007 9:30:00 AM More reviews by mdlvsmakeup

This product is perfect for my sesitive acme prone skin , it does not irritate or make my face red like other acne products do, I have finally found a skin cleanser for me!