April 21, 2014 | 954 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by dawnonthedeck

I love this foundation!

Im using shade 53 and I find that it glides on smoothly. It also leaves a soft feel to my skin after I applied it.

The foundation does give a healthy glow and has a dewy finish. I did not have to touch up until about 8 hours later.

I have warm undertones and at times I feel that the foundation turns out greyish on me. But I'm not sure if it is also because of the setting powder that I dust on. Also I thought that SGD$35 was a little steep for Bourjois. But I would say it is worth it. The salesperson even told me it will improve my skin's complexion. I've only used it for 3 days and so I can't be a fair judge of that yet.

The fruity smell is just a wonderful bonus to the already great foundation. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a little bit of lovely! I am very fair Mac nw15 and I always have problems finding a foundation that doesn't come off to pink or too yellow. Number 52 in the healthy mix serum is gorgeous. I am finally proud of my fair complexion. This is super easy to apply with fingers, it gives a lovely natural finish and you don't even need powder. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by melaniesenecal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried so many foundations. I have tried expensive ones and cheap ones. This one is in the middle not cheap not expensive and the look is great! Lisa Eldridge use it all the time and I've decided to try it out a couple of months ago and I will for sure repurchase. I'm fair\medium and got #52 and it is perfect. Love the look, dewy finish not oily but defenately not matte. Love it! and love the smell of fruits.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by louvy0401

This is truely amazing and I think it's as good as my other HGs such as Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (I use B20) and Christian Dior's Forever (I use 20) . Thank you Makeupalley, I bought this after I read so many people raving about this and I bought the second lightest shade which is 52. The coverage is quite light just like the other two foundations I mentioned - I prefer the natural look at the moment and I can always use concealer and powder if I feel like I need more coverage. A bottle could last quite a while I reckon, unlike Chanel's Vitalumiere, which only lasted me 2 months (I use foundation on a daily basis). For the price - I bought this for 10.99 from Boots, I think this can easily beat my other HG. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good quality foundation for a drug store product. It actually looks amazing on the skin, very dewy and "healthy" (imagine that!). Fairly good coverage, I need concealer underneath but I have a bit of scarring. The only thing is it does not wear that well on my skin in oily spots (t-zone) - at the end of the day it will rub off in those areas. If my skin was a little drier this would probably be a HG every day foundation, because the finish truly is beautiful. I think I like the finish of this gel foundation over the Healthy Mix regular foundation, although I think the regular one might be better suited to oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by eelin77

I am in love with this foundation!!
Every time I wear it, my skin looks amazing! No other foundation I've tried even comes close. Before I tried this, the Revlon Colorstay was my HG foundation - light yet with good coverage - just that blending takes a bit of practice. While it gave excellent coverage and staying power, you could still tell that there was makeup on the skin.

With this Bourjois foundation, the texture is so silky that it's so easy to blend, and feels great on the skin - I've used it with fingers, brush, sponge, all work great! Once it sinks in, it looks just like your very own skin, just better. Even when i finish it with powder, I don't look made up at all. I just look like I have radiant skin :) While coverage is not as good as the Revlon Colorstay, you can easily use concealer on top of it. Or in my case, I use Revlon Colorstay foundation as a concealer. With a light dusting of powder, stays on all day, even in the hot and humid weather I'm in.

Oh, by the way, I love using it with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Pressed Powder. Both smell divine and a nice perk in the morning :)

The packaging is a nice slim pump bottle that's easy to dispense. I like that it's plastic - won't break and lightweight. Price is good for the quality, so definitely will re-purchase over and over again. My new HG foundation!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I couldn't quite decide if this was a 4 or 5 lippie product, it does have some flaws but I'm still loving it at the moment. It applies beautifully and gives a nice light to medium coverage- I do need to use more concealer than I would with some foundations, but it gives a much more natural look which I definitely prefer for an everyday look! It can be built up to a point but will never be a full coverage foundation. It doesn't accentuate pores or the occasional bit of dry skin, and has a nice semi-matte finish. It doesn't look like a matte mask but I'm not sure I'd say it's particularly dewy either. I set with a powder and do sometimes get a little shiny throughout the day, but this happens to me with pretty much anything, sadly. The colours lean more neutral than some lines- no overpowering pink or yellow undertones- and because the coverage is light to medium the limited shade range will still work for some who can't find an exact match... but the shade range is definitely the weakest point for this foundation. I believe there are only six shades, and they range from fair to medium. If you are very fair or even moderately dark-skinned you'll be out of luck, which I think is a real shame. The packaging is OK- the pump dispenses a good amount of product, and you can easily get a partial pump (unlike some products which are all-or-nothing). The bottle is a rigid plastic and the cap slides on over the pump but does not click into place or have any ridges or bumps to hold it on- I wouldn't feel comfortable just tossing this into a bag, the cap can slide off fairly easily as it is only held in place by friction and the pump does not lock.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful foundation. Perfect coverage and texture not too heavy or too sheer. Really really easy to blend. You could probably put this on in the dark and it would still look okay! I feel like it doesn't last all day but it's so easy to touch up during a quick bathroom break that it's no big deal. You don't have to mess around blending and powdering. Also you only need a tiny pump for half a face. Super, natural finish and my skin feels comfortable with it on. This one is a winner. I really love it.

I just wanted to update...this is an AMAZING product. Out of all I have tried since they discontinued my old fave. Ive tried revlon colorstay, photo ready, EL double wear, bare essentials, maybe line fit me, Lise waiter and i even paid a fortune for christian dior..can't believe how many I have bought. This foundation is gorgeous, and natural. Gives a very young glow, when I put it on my skin looks like it did when I had just washed my face as a child, it just has a lovely finish and looks like you are wearing no make up at all. Today I slapped this on then worked 6 hours straight in the backyard, cleaned the gutters and cut the grass...my skin still looked great no oiliness or patchiness, it wore really well. I have my new fave.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by suddenlysunny

Repurchase? Yes

Price: I paid a little over $30 AUD at priceline

Shade: I chose the lightest color, 51 Vanille Claire. There wasn't that big of a shade range so ladies with darker skin tones might not find a match.

Product: This foundation claims to be "16 hours radiance boosting even, revived complexion." On the back of the bottle it also claims to be light coverage with a semi-matte undetectable finish. First of all, it does not wear 16 hours, but I did not expect it to. I found this foundation to have buildable medium coverage on me. It has a very natural almost undetectable finish but if you choose to build this foundation you can expect to have it become more made up looking. A natural finish is important to me as I go to a private independent school and makeup is not allowed. If you are caught you get handed a makeup wipe and a detention slip. I do not like detention but I also dislike having my skin problems on full show. It is a fine line I risk getting close to. Lol. So far this has not broken me out or irritated my skin although it smells strongly of a fruity perfume maybe?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a truly, truly great product. It is rare to find a foundation with decent coverage that doesn't look caked on and still gives your skin a healthy glow. My dry skin loved this and any dry patches I have had have completely gone away. I have also noticed my skin has improved overall.
The thing I like about this product is that it isn't too orange. I am very pale, and normally foundations with reasonable coverage simply don't match my skin tone. Even though the lightest shade they offered was a little bit too dark, when I put it on it blended fantastically and didn't leave me with a tide mark.
Something I also really like is the packaging. It is simple and doesn't take up excess space in my make up bag. The pump dispenses just the right amount to cover the whole face and hasn't yet been clogged.
I find that with this foundation, a little goes a long way and the texture is fantastic. A tiny blob on the end of a finger is enough to cover a whole cheek, it is very smooth and easy to spread across the skin before setting of any kind occurs.
I think that the price is good for the product. It feels good quality and smells lovely, I havent ever tried very high end foundations but I don't really see how they could do much better. Also, like I mentioned earlier, a little goes a long way.
Overall, I don't have any problems with it. I suppose that I do use powder to set it (a small amount of lily lolo porcelain helps to ensure it matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't rub off) but this is the same with many foundations, and once it is set it stays put for hours. It also tends to leave my skin looking dewy and glowing even through a dusting of powder. I haven't ever had to apply layer upon layer to achieve good coverage, although my skin is fairly good so this may be different for people with scarring or acne. I also don't know how this would behave on those with very oily skin, but for dry skin it is a holy grail product.