December 18, 2014 | 1086 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Anatidaephobia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Outside of the slightly too light color I chose, my bigger problem is that this foundation seems to really settle into my flakes. My skin is dry/combo. My cheeks, the area around my mouth and the bit right between my brows are all dry, and my nose and the rest of my forehead are pretty normal. I don't tend to need any coverage on my nose and forehead, so my foundation application is really centered on my drier parts. I have some flakes (particularly in the winter, and particularly right around my mouth) but not a lot. I exfoliate regularly to prevent that. In order to apply this foundation in a way that didn't emphasize any flakes, I applied it with a damp beautyblender. I thought that solved the problem, but then in the middle of the day I noticed I was suddenly flaky.

On the plus side, in the four or so hours between application and sudden flakiness, the finish was really natural. It looked like skin. I really wish this had worked for me. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by myroom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A wonderful foundation. Coverage is light to medium, applies easily, doesn't cake, doesn't oxidise and gives you a healthy and rested look. If you stay at home and would like to still look good but not made-up, this is the foundation to use. It has a nice low key sheen that makes it look like you have good and well moisturised skin. It covers my dark circles quite adequately as well but doesn't get rid of it. The packaging is wonderful, doesn't break cos it comes in plastic bottle which dispenses well. I wish it as a longer staying power tho, on my Combi skin, it needs touch up after about four hrs. But the finish is so good that even with a touch up layer, it doesn't look thick. Overall, I strongly recommend anyone to buy this. I am a MAC NC35 and I go for shade 52 Vaniila, which may appear too light, but if you just apply it to the centre of your face and blend it well to the side of the cheeks and jaw, it creates a natural highlight on the centre of the face, with the darker (no foundation) jaw as a natural contour .

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

a very good sheer foundation for dry skins. smells great, fruity and not artificial. the color is pretty, not too yellowish nor pinkish. I use shade 51, which is suitable for fair to light skintones.
on the down side, the staying power is poor, 4 hours and I can see the smudge. Only recommend to those with very dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I do not like this foundation because of it's low LOW staying power. I bought it because of good MUA reviews. And because it looks pretty and the name appealed me. Serum. Yummy. Bourjois is a bit pricey compared to Max Factor, Maybelline or L'oreal, which is why I always have huge expectations for them.

I've bought shade 53. It doesn't match me as good as I would like it too. The staying power is lame on oily skin, and the coverage could be better. Guess I should have gone with HM, but the bottle looked cheap compared to this one :P. Now that they changed the bottle, I may try it :D! Apropos, this is the EDIT part: I've bought 123 PF since there is no 51 in HM and I must say I'm impressed! It's perfect for my skin. At least for the last four hours I've been wearing it. Really recommend to those who lost faith in finding a foundation with good staying power on very oily, sensitive skin with acne scaring and dry parts. Just set it with Sexy Mama heavy handed. It worked for me. Edit ended.

Pros:
didn't clog pores
Nice finish - I look almost flawless (I do have acne scars, larger pores and acne-prone skin)
Skin feels nourished and nice
dewy
light

Cons:
Staying power - after 5 hours it disappears!!! And I just did sedentary job - listening to lectures.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation has a very light texture and gives a somewhat cooling feel when applied. It wears well through the day and while it doesn't last 16 hours, it does last through a full working day. Medium coverage and I still need my regular undereye concealor. It's been my go-to foundation alternating with my now discontinued Clinique Superfit which I use for days when I need more coverage. Love the packaging - the pump for dispensing just the right amount, the glass bottle so that I can see how much I have, the screw top which I can remove to take out whatever what is remaining. :) Will buy it again at the moment (until I find something else which I like more). I am NC20-25 and 52 fits me well.

Edit - May 2014 - I bought Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal, and decided I definitely love this way more. :) HM Radiance Reveal is not as lasting and oxidised on me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by LazyDresser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in shade 52, and am pretty happy with it. The foundation promises to be long lasting (16h), easily blendable and anti-fatigue. It doesn't last 16 hours, but is perfectly good for 8. It disappears into skin leaving a lovely, smooth finish and it picks up a tired complexion. Added bonus - does not turn orange or go shiny around the t-zone. Coverage is light - more of a complexion perfector or light foundation, but I'm impressed. Will definitely repurchase. Already better value than some high-end. Bravo, Bourjois.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by midfallgrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

read reviews on this foundation here and decided to give it a try. usually i bought revlon photo ready for fall and winter. i need something heavy to make my face look more alive, and lightweight foundations don't work on me in these seasons. anyway i found a perfect color for me (52 vanilla), pretty light but it looks very refreshing on me. i apply it with stippling brush buffing it into the skin. first hours after application i look awesome - fresh, alive, my skin has healthy glow. but after 3-4 hours my T-zone looks incredibly shiny. as i use mattifying sheets and powder after that all that healthy glow this foundation provided simply disappears.
maybe i should try to use primer before application ...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

STAYS FOR THE WHOLE DAY (around 10 hours)
COVERS (i have very bad acne)
MATCHES MY SKIN COLOUR
LOOKS AND FEEL SO NATURAL :D

I have tried so many foundations and I think I found the one at a very reasonable price! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ClooCloo

This stuff is like magic when it comes to feeling like your own skin

It blends sooooooooooooo beautifully, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the texture, it's unlike any foundation I've used before. I actually meant to purchase the normal foundation and not the serum gel one, but I'm actually pretty happy with the amount of coverage it provides. It definitely covers redness, and with a couple applications I have pretty evened out skin except the couple of acne scars I have that I cover with concealer. The lasting power on this lasts me like 10 hours + but I set it with foundation, I havent tried wearing it on its own just yet.

I've also seen it recommended numerous times on youtube by gurus who are recommending products that will make you look most natural.

It's a but pricey especially since its not sold here in the US (that I know of) so I had to buy it off ebay for like $19... definitely with it for me though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by tokyo4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation!! when I naught it I had high expectations, because of the many good reviews of other people, and haven't been disappointed. As a foundation, it is pretty well, but does have some room for improvement.It has a medium-light coverage which could be a little higher, it has an amazing berry-summary smell which could be not for everyone, the price is a little too high for a drug store product (£10.50) but definitely lower than high end products, and the packaging is really pretty however the cap keeps falling off which is annoying. One of my main complaints is the colour, since I've got the lightest colour that was available (51) and it still didn't match my skin, and I'm not even that pale, so very fair people will have problems using this foundation. Other than that I still love it, and definitely recommend this to anyone still wavering!!!