July 23, 2014 | 1917 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

This product lives up to the hype! I wanted to see what all the fuss was about & was lucky enough to get my hands on this product even though I live in the US (no retailers & generally unavailable). It is truly amazing! I wore this for a hot summer wedding & it held up fabulously & looked great even in flash photos.
------------------------
MY SKIN TYPE --- NC 20 with very dry skin. My dry skin can be flaky & patchy yet I still get oily/sweaty in the summer just like anyone else so finding a foundation that doesn't emphasize my dryness yet also doesn't break down with oils is crazy difficult. I used 52 Vanille & it's a great match without making me look washed out.
------------------------
TEXTURE --- This product applies wonderfully. It applies like a thin liquid yet it won't run all over if you place a dot on your hand. It feels like I'm applying a non-greasy yet moisturizing lotion. It sets almost immediately so you don't have to powder if you don't want to. How does it do this magic?!
------------------------
FINISH --- This leaves a dewy finish so people concerned with oil or shine should be wary. However, you can easily take it down a notch with a powder. I personally don't mind this aspect because I have dry skin so the moisturizing look and feel is quite nice. It doesn't feel at all heavy & literally looks and feels just like skin.
------------------------
PACKAGING --- Comes in a narrow tall 1fl. oz bottle with a white plastic pump. At first glance I thought I was getting much less product because it felt so much lighter than my other 1fl oz. foundations but it's because the bottle itself is made of a hard plastic that looks and feels like glass, just without the added weight. This has proven to be simply amazing for travel!
------------------------
SCENT --- I am a person who is adverse to strong "old lady perfume" scents. I hate the smell of MISSHA bb cream for example. This product smells absolutely divine! The scent is so wonderful that I find it instantly relaxing & soothing. It's a soft mix between fruity and floral & very hard to explain. They've managed to find a way to scent a product with just the right amount of each so that it's a neutral scent & very pleasing to the nose.
------------------------
PRICE & AVAILABILITY --- The price is not so terrible, about 20USD but it is just not available anywhere in the US which is such a bummer.
------------------------
OVERALL --- It also smells great, applies effortlessly, and has the best packaging ever. It is moisturizing for my skin, it does not feel heavy or greasy, the coverage is good (medium) and it lasts. So this is what "holy grail product" means.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by puppymoomoo

HG foundation! After trying countless foundations from Maybelline to Chanel over the years, I have finally found my all time favourite.
This melts beautifully into the skin to the point where you look airbrushed with a luminous glow lit from within (but not in an oily way). With a thin layer of Maybelline's dream matte powder, it lasts my entire working day. Most impressively, this is the first foundation in my 7 year search that has not caused me to break out or develop a slight rash, which is fantastic because it allows me to use it everyday.
For reference, I am NW15 with slightly yellow undertones and # 51 blends in seamlessly.
The packaging is also very classy, with a hygenic pump dispenser rather than a nasty hole other drugstore foundations use! God forbid they ever change the formula or discontinue this stuff! The original healthy mix foundation is also amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by farrahk

hands down the best drugstore foundation!! i am normally a huge fan of nars sheer glow but wanted a drug store one to wear during the day and took the plunge and bought this after reading lots of reviews, i have the original healthy mix but didnt quite get on with it like i have this one. This particular foundation provides the natural finish i was looking for, given it doesnt look like my exact color in the bottle once on the skin this foundation blends like a dream, it is a neutral undertone compared to my nars which i believe is more yellow based but works all the same, it is light and even though it claims 16 hur wear i believe it lasts for much less, but this is one of those foundations that fades very nicely, no patches just gradually fades, also another thing i love is i can reapply and it never looks cakey, it provides me with a satin/dewy finish and though i do have combination skin i find this somehow works well with my skin. will forever repurchase this product and would highly recommend that everyone try it if they are within the shade range as you will not be disappointed. my small quibble is i wish it were more like the original healthy mix in that you can tell how much product is left.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually don't use liquid foundations as I have very oily skin so u usually use mac studio fix powder plus nc15 so i thought I would give this a go as my best friend told me how much she loved it I bought this in shade 52 I love that it is yellow based it glides on your skin seamlessly it gives your skin a healthy dewy glow i love that it feels like you don't have any foundation on yet covers all my imperfections although I only use this during the day as I would prefer more coverage for a night out overall Its a really good foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Maquillage33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in shade 52 and it is perfect for my skin tone, it has such a smooth texture when you put it on, it doesn't make your skin feel greasy and it doesn't make your skin feel sticky either, I just love this foundation so much. It has great coverage too!! I've never been a big fan of liquid foundations because I find they look a bit more cakey than powdered foundations, but this one does not look cakey in the slightest, it looks so smooth. This is great for in the summer too, when I run out of this, I may consider buying a new one, but I have to say it was fairly expensive at £11.99 I think it was. But a fantastic foundation overall! The ONLY downside to this is that i would reccomend setting this product with powder as it can slide of your face slightly else.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by cherie0420

This is a great foundation. I'm Asian, with oily-combination skin and my shade is 53 Beige Clair, and this works really well for me, evening out skintone and concealing redness. I like its sheer coverage as I don't want to look like I've got a tonne of makeup on. I only wish it had a moving base pump like the regular Healthy Mix, and I hate that it's double the UK price here in Australia. A great foundation, but not worth the amount the Australian cosmetic industry charges.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I visited London and I couldn't wait to try out some new mu lines. I picked this lovely foundation up and I have very high expectations for foundation. I love it! It covers, it gives a beautiful glowy look, and actually does well on my VERY oily skin.It reminds me a lot of Dior Forever foundation. Wish we had this line in California :/ Give it a try!

** EDIT*** still love this foundation. Just wanted to reference my skin color. I have between NC30-35 skin and I used shade 53. Seems to match fine. Also, tried it out without a setting powder and it still held up! Ahh please bring this to the U.S.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by emilysarah

I am going to joyfully jump on the good review bandwagon; this is an excellent product, especially for the price! I have fair skin with no pink tones and shade 51 is perfect. Like many others, I have tried a plethora of foundations. I am usually strictly a department store brand girl, and have used Chanel foundations (too dark for my very fair skin) Shiseido, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, the list goes on. This is less than half the price of most of those foundations (around $30 in Australia) and honestly performs just as well or in some cases better. For reference, I have combination skin with blackheads and occasional pimples and I tend to get a bit flaky. The foundation provides light coverage, but it covers most of my minor lumps and bumps very well; flakes are not accentuated. The beautiful thing about this is the seamless, natural coverage. It really doesn't look like makeup! It just makes my complexion even and more radiant. I find that it plays nice with powder and concealer and doesn't become cakey. It's just a really nice product. Medium coverage is easily attainable. If you want a light to medium coverage foundation give this a go, it pleasantly surprised me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by LynsA85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this product! Thought i'd give this a go as my usual one wasnt in stock. Great coverage, lovely finish and lovely floral smell. I was naughty and didnt remove my make up before bed but the next day my skin actually looked and felt moisturised! Will definitely use again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MISSKAUR88

for your ref im mac nc37 , healthy mix serum 55
Fantastic product.
leaves skin looking healthy and breathable
skin shows through slightly which is perfect for a natural look
lasts 8hours with no powder or touch ups
consistency is nice and smooth
skin feels silky once applied
best applied with fingers and blend or 187 brush
my HG foundation,...finally after 5years!!