November 21, 2014 | 961 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I do not like this foundation because of it's low LOW staying power. I bought it because of good MUA reviews. And because it looks pretty and the name appealed me. Serum. Yummy. Bourjois is a bit pricey compared to Max Factor, Maybelline or L'oreal, which is why I always have huge expectations for them.

I've bought shade 53. It doesn't match me as good as I would like it too. The staying power is lame on oily skin, and the coverage could be better. Guess I should have gone with HM, but the bottle looked cheap compared to this one :P. Now that they changed the bottle, I may try it :D! Apropos, this is the EDIT part: I've bought 123 PF since there is no 51 in HM and I must say I'm impressed! It's perfect for my skin. At least for the last four hours I've been wearing it. Really recommend to those who lost faith in finding a foundation with good staying power on very oily, sensitive skin with acne scaring and dry parts. Just set it with Sexy Mama heavy handed. It worked for me. Edit ended.

Pros:
didn't clog pores
Nice finish - I look almost flawless (I do have acne scars, larger pores and acne-prone skin)
Skin feels nourished and nice
dewy
light

Cons:
Staying power - after 5 hours it disappears!!! And I just did sedentary job - listening to lectures.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation has a very light texture and gives a somewhat cooling feel when applied. It wears well through the day and while it doesn't last 16 hours, it does last through a full working day. Medium coverage and I still need my regular undereye concealor. It's been my go-to foundation alternating with my now discontinued Clinique Superfit which I use for days when I need more coverage. Love the packaging - the pump for dispensing just the right amount, the glass bottle so that I can see how much I have, the screw top which I can remove to take out whatever what is remaining. :) Will buy it again at the moment (until I find something else which I like more). I am NC20-25 and 52 fits me well.

Edit - May 2014 - I bought Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal, and decided I definitely love this way more. :) HM Radiance Reveal is not as lasting and oxidised on me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by LazyDresser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in shade 52, and am pretty happy with it. The foundation promises to be long lasting (16h), easily blendable and anti-fatigue. It doesn't last 16 hours, but is perfectly good for 8. It disappears into skin leaving a lovely, smooth finish and it picks up a tired complexion. Added bonus - does not turn orange or go shiny around the t-zone. Coverage is light - more of a complexion perfector or light foundation, but I'm impressed. Will definitely repurchase. Already better value than some high-end. Bravo, Bourjois.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by midfallgrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

read reviews on this foundation here and decided to give it a try. usually i bought revlon photo ready for fall and winter. i need something heavy to make my face look more alive, and lightweight foundations don't work on me in these seasons. anyway i found a perfect color for me (52 vanilla), pretty light but it looks very refreshing on me. i apply it with stippling brush buffing it into the skin. first hours after application i look awesome - fresh, alive, my skin has healthy glow. but after 3-4 hours my T-zone looks incredibly shiny. as i use mattifying sheets and powder after that all that healthy glow this foundation provided simply disappears.
maybe i should try to use primer before application ...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

STAYS FOR THE WHOLE DAY (around 10 hours)
COVERS (i have very bad acne)
MATCHES MY SKIN COLOUR
LOOKS AND FEEL SO NATURAL :D

I have tried so many foundations and I think I found the one at a very reasonable price! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ClooCloo

This stuff is like magic when it comes to feeling like your own skin

It blends sooooooooooooo beautifully, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the texture, it's unlike any foundation I've used before. I actually meant to purchase the normal foundation and not the serum gel one, but I'm actually pretty happy with the amount of coverage it provides. It definitely covers redness, and with a couple applications I have pretty evened out skin except the couple of acne scars I have that I cover with concealer. The lasting power on this lasts me like 10 hours + but I set it with foundation, I havent tried wearing it on its own just yet.

I've also seen it recommended numerous times on youtube by gurus who are recommending products that will make you look most natural.

It's a but pricey especially since its not sold here in the US (that I know of) so I had to buy it off ebay for like $19... definitely with it for me though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by tokyo4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation!! when I naught it I had high expectations, because of the many good reviews of other people, and haven't been disappointed. As a foundation, it is pretty well, but does have some room for improvement.It has a medium-light coverage which could be a little higher, it has an amazing berry-summary smell which could be not for everyone, the price is a little too high for a drug store product (£10.50) but definitely lower than high end products, and the packaging is really pretty however the cap keeps falling off which is annoying. One of my main complaints is the colour, since I've got the lightest colour that was available (51) and it still didn't match my skin, and I'm not even that pale, so very fair people will have problems using this foundation. Other than that I still love it, and definitely recommend this to anyone still wavering!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Mariki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this foundation! I have been on the hunt for a new foundation for a while now, and I saw Lisa Eldridge talking about Bourjois foundations on her youtube channel. Since I can't get bourjois in my country I ordered it on Asos in the lightest color, which is a really good match for me. It might be a teensy bit too dark in the dead of winter, but not too bad. I wish they made a 50 shade.

This foundation glides on and blends like nobodies business and evens out the skin tone perfectly. I would say this is a light to medium coverage foundation, which is perfect since I hate full coverage foundations (they look awful no matter what!) I would say this is better than a lot of more expensive high end foundations and I truly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by 14K35911

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is so far, my favourite foundation! First of all, the packaging is great for a drugstore foundation! It has a pump which is pretty hard to find in the drugstore. The price, however, is pretty high for drugstore--i can't remember the exact price, but it was over $20 here in Canada.
This foundation does have a semi-matte finish, like it claims. It sets without looking greasy and feels nice to the touch. I do still set it with a powder, MAC MSF Natural, although i probably could get away without doing that. Its staying power is pretty good too! I have combination skin, and I do find that by the end of the day, i look a little oily in my T-Zone, but nothing extreme by any means. I apply it with my fingers, because i feel like that works the best to blend liquids into the skin, and it blends seamlessly! On the bottle, it says that the coverage is 1/3 (I'm guessing that means light on a scale of light, medium, or full) and i find it does actually provide more of a light-medium coverage, especially if you go over in your problem areas once more with a little bit of extra product (I just pat a bit extra onto my cheeks and nose, which have redness, after i blend the initial layer across my face). It looks very natural as well! I went into sephora the other day to pick up a mineral powder foundation (Korres) which i have always wanted to try out, and when the lady was colour matching me she commented saying "you have great skin! what are you using?" and when i told her it was just Bourjois, a drugstore foundation, she looked rather taken back saying "well it looks very natural!"

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Mya_5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great concept, nicely sits on the skin, everything ok, but sorry, it broke me out :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No