April 20, 2014 | 1807 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a good little eyeshadow palette. The colors all go well together. You can use three or four to create a dimensional, glam look, or use just one or two for a natural look. The colors go on well, feel soft and velvety, and last a long time. They do tend to create a lot of fallout if you are not careful, so definitely put on your foundation last. The darker colors are best used lightly as they can get a little muddy if you try to use too many of them at once or too much of the product. The packaging is horrendous, and I wouldn't suggest it for purse travel, but the shadows well make up for the cheap, flimsy packaging. I gave this 4 lippies instead of 5 because of the packaging, and my wishing this palette had at least 2 matte shades. It is still a good palette though, I would buy it again and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit: been using this every day since i got it... Sometimes just one or two of the colours. got compliments n comments on my eyes when wearing this out... This is rare even with HE m/u. If u have brown eyes or warm tones i think this serves as a beautiful enhancer.
This is the 3rd thing i bought in the past few weeks because of MUA... And for the 3rd time, i love it. A negative thing to get out of the way: u can't really take this on a trip because though it sounds convenient to have all these good shadows in one palette, they will probably break or crumble. You must be verrry careful in handling these.
Colours: lovely. Pigmentation n texture: superb. Loooove the highlight colour on the right side especially. Amazing colours that really epitomize the phrase ' cheap thrills'... Hiiiighly recommend.
Use these with a base. You can get the club dupe to look more vibrant with a black liner smudged as a base. The club dupe also pairs beautifully with MAC patina. It was the main reason i got this palette :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this; it was well worth the months of hunting for it, and the $4.99 I paid for it. That said, though, I could probably just as well do without it. I already have a nice collection of eyeshadows I really like & use regularly, and other than 2 of the dark shades in this palette, this doesn’t really offer anything too special. However, it is a nice collection of basics, and would be especially good for someone just starting out ‘collecting’ makeup, or who likes a ‘streamlined’ collection. The texture of these are really nice, soft & highly pigmented, but with little fallout. There are 8 shades in 2 color ‘families’ (browns on the left, and greens on the right), ranging from light to dark. All shades have shimmer. They are definitely on the ‘warmer’ end of the spectrum. The only shades I don’t ever use are the lightest gold (since I never use a ‘highlight’ shade & its too light I feel to be an all-over lid color) and the deepest greenish-brown definer shade (which takes on this strange reddish tone when applied & just looks awful on me). Of the other brown-toned shades, there is a peachy shade which I will wear as a base color, a really nice (if rather basic) mid-toned brown shade which I will wear as a lid color, and deep shimmery burgundy-brown which I apply wet as eyeliner. Of the green-toned shades, there is a light greenish- taupe which makes a nice base color. There is a mid-toned lime green (be careful, this one is really pigmented) which makes a nice lid color, and then my *favorite* out of the whole set, a deep olive with gold shimmer, that I also apply wet as liner. These last all day over a primer. The color combinations and uses from this palette are endless. The packaging itself is a little ‘cheap’ in look & feel, and the applicator is pretty much useless (I use my own brushes anyways) but the quality of the shadows more than makes up for it. If you like neutral-warm shimmery shadows, its hard to find fault with this palette, especially for under 5 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

~ $4.99 in Walgreens
~ 8 shimmer shadows ~ left side is more of your brown/golds and the right side is more of your olive/greens
~ Highly pigmented
~ Apply like a dream and blend out superbly
~ ZERO fallout when you use the sponge tip applicators which I know most of you girls hate, but I love... Maybe it has something to do with me being "brought up" with them from the 70's.
~ Staying power is fantastic... stays on the entire day and looks just as good at 9PM as it did when I first put my makeup on which would be around 7AM. I do not use primer, only my foundation underneath.
~ No creasing or fading whatsoever
~ Comes housed in a nice sturdy plastic case

~ I love this palette so much. My application is a little different though and it makes for a stunning smokey eye.... what I like to do is, I decide am I going to use the left side or the right side..... Once I decide which row I'm going to use I then apply the highlight shade on my brow bone, after that I lightly tap my sponge tip applicator into the 3 other remaining shades from that row and apply them to my lid and up into the crease. GORGEOUS EFFECT! Just be careful though, remember, these shadows have so much pigment, just be sure to tap in very lightly to the three shades ~ tap out the excess onto a piece of toweling and then apply. I have heard Eve Pearl say many times to use this method in order to achieve a gorgeous shade on your eyes that nobody will be able to tell what color you used... it just looks gorgeous. Give it a try!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by jazzcb85

The pigment on these shadow is not bad at all. They are super soft and blendable. The darker shades the ones that say "define" do not seem to be as blendble as the others. I love the two highligh shades, the top one is beautiful, it is one of my all time favorite eyeshadows. I hate the packaging, and the applicators it comes with are also a disappointment. I love this pallet, I love all the Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

I've owned this palette since last year and although at first I was just ehh about it, I've really been loving it. I've been digging thru my stash and finding things I totally forgot about and using them, I mean that is what I bought the stuff for. Anyhow this was one of the things I "dug" out. I prefer to use the pink champagne color that is similiar to UD Sin all over the lid and the Mac Club dupe in the crease and it looks so sweet because of the duo chrome in it. I've used every color in the palette but prefer some colors more. For $3.99 I'm glad I got this. I find that the colors are soft and blendable and very pigmented. I would buy this again and have considered buying the other 2 as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After hearing the hype from folks on here as well as YT gurus and beauty bloggers, I thought I would give this one a try (at $5 - why not?). There are some nice colors in this palette that will work really well for most skin tones and eye colors. However, I found the quality of the shadows in this palette (in terms of vibrancy and pigment) to be lacking, especially in comparison to the other 6-color palettes, and their single e/s in Brule. For $5, you do get a lot, and the quality is still better than not only most DS brand e/s, but many HE brands as well. However, I believe that truly good, well-pigmented shadows with good staying power are hard to find. I know I'm the minority in not loving this one, and I would probably even rec it to others still. I ended up giving this to my mom. If I really hated it, I would have trashed it and certainly not given it to someone else to use. This is like a 6/10 for me - I'm just surprised that the quality wasn't as good as the WnW singles or palettes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

Again I got sucked into the hype and i should have realised not to do it again. I wasn't that impressed with the 6 colour icon palettes, I mean they are okay, but i cant make the purple one work for me without looking all bruised. The blue 6 colour one is nice and the neutral one is pretty good too. See my previous review.
When this came in the mail, I thought man this looks better in the picture. After playing around with the colours, they are ok. The number 2 colour like in the picture is the colour i dislike the most. Its a copper colour but its got red undertones and on my skin it looks like im an indian then painted her eyes with a red shadow, so not a good colour for me. The other shades are quite good, but i find the 3rd and 4th colour on the RHS (a greenish and a bluish) colour are really dark and can end up looking black on me. I need a really light hand and a tiny amount of product. The light browbone colour is nice, and the taupe browbone colour excellent. I use that colour all oer my eyelid.
the eyeshdows are pigmented dont get me wrong, they are soft and buttery like everyone has said. BUt i dont know, when i swatch on my hand they look wow, but then on my eyes not meh! I think its because i find with this palette, there is too many red undertones in about 4 of the colors and that doesnt suit me.
Still the price is quite decent for 8 colours. They would ideally suit someone on a budget and someone starting out in makeup. I paid about $12 because im in Australia and i pay more on ebay! I am trying not to get sucked in buying anything else from WNW, because to me they dont live up to the hype. l really should have spent my money on a mac palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

Update 29-09-11: the more I use this palette, the more I am happy with my purchase. Using this palette made me go out and buy more WnW Color Icon items as I find that they actually live up to the hype. I use MAC's paintpots under these shades to increase the lasting power as they do not last all day on their own (9-11h for me). What I like the most, except for the price, is the color selection. One palette usually have all that I want except for a matte highlight, which is easy to find. The darker shades in this palette are not always extremely wearble but they can be used wet as a liner (especially the black/gold glitter one). I'm changing my rating from 3 to 5 lippies and I'll definitely repurchase.

Original review: I'm not extremely impressed by this palette and I find that it doesn't live up to its hype. After I bought it home, I imediately started to swatch it with a 239. Bad idea. It was extremely sheer and fallouts were allover my hand. I then tried again with my fingers, and the colors turned out true to color on my fingers but not on the back of my hand. Then, in vain, I used a wet 239 and the color turned out more similar to the pan.
The dupes: I find the Club dupe way too red to use on its own, but the colors similar to Omega and All that glitters I did find good. I like the second row in this palette best, with a copper toned peachy champagne and a golden olive, both frost finish. The shade I could totally live without would be the Definer shade on the brown side because it has a black base and looks harsh against my fair skin. I somewhat regret my purchase and I will not buy this palette again. This is very much sub-par compared to Sleek palettes that are also DS price for HE quality.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by PrincessButtercup82

i am really impressed how far this brand has come.. i remember wearing this when i was in school.. it was nothing spectacular.. Wet N Wild has certainly stepped up their game. compared to other drugstore brands, this brand beats out all of them.. the texture is ridiculously pigmented, and it stays put on me for hours.. highly recommended to anyone

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No