October 25, 2014 | 1784 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by UrbanSunshiine

I love this :) I've had it for awhile and I also have the one that has shades of purple which is just as great. The only problem i have is the shadows are kinda umm, soft, i guess which makes them break apart rather easily. I love these nonetheless, The colors are fantastic great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by 1hipchick

My favorite WnW palette.

Actually, probably one of my favorite palettes overall (which includes Nars, Dior, Nakeds, etc). The color in the bottom right is absolutely gorgeous, I have bought this palette twice now, after hitting pan on this one color. It's a brownish purple with an iridescent purple-blue tint. Really makes hazel/green/gold eyes stand out. Terrific lasting power with a primer underneath (I use UD).

I highly recommend this palette. All of the colors are beautiful and have a beautiful finish. And it's dirt cheap too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bentobento

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are soft so expect fallout but holy cow, the color payoff is worth it at such a cheap price. That peachy eyelid color is fabulous on my fair skin. I haven't even used whole palette yet, but know it was definitely worth the money! Only problem I had was the packaging has a bunch of seals that have to be removed to open it - most of which weren't all that easy to pull off. I was a little terrified that I would end up cracking one of the shadows. Overall awesome product.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I've since used all the colors and found that if you wet your brush a little (I was cleaning some shadow off mine with a baby wipe) the colors are really nice. My favorites are 1,2,3,5, and 8 on the first picture above.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

I've been on the hunt for the WnW Comfort Zone Palette for a couple weeks; the positive reviews on MUA beckoned me to try it.

After I finally found a store with it in stock, I brought it home and excitedly examined it with my husband. His initial reaction was: "Wasn't WnW that cheap crap all the girls wore in high school? Why would you buy that?" I told him that MUA reviewers had given this palette high praise, and for $5, it was worth a shot.

So, a week later, I am sharing my experience.

I've played with all of the colors, and they all wear well, and are highly pigmented. Paired with ELF eye primer, the multiple shadow combinations I've tried have all worn very well. At the end of the day, the colors are still vibrant, and no creasing is in sight.
I've used my own makeup brushes, and the shadows apply very well. There is some fallout, but nothing major, at all. A nice tap of the brush before application, AND a good brush makes fallout extremely minimal, and shouldn't be a dealbreaker for anyone.

As a mid-30's woman with VERY fair skin, my shade preferences are always of the neutral variety. I like my eyes to be noticed, but I'm a mom, and I don't do the club thing anymore. I never want "boring" and like to mix "trend" into my styles, but I often opt for more classic colors, in general. That being said, the color variety in this palette are AWESOME!! Every color pops and wants to be noticed. You can really play up the drama for a night out, but there are tons of awesome combinations for those days that consist of soccer games and trips to the grocery store.

This palette is my go-to, one stop-shop and I adore it. WnW really knocked it out of the park with this one!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This palette is so much better than any expensive palette that I own. So pigmented, soft and wears so well.
Lot's of fallout because the shadows are so so soft, but whatever it's 5 bucks.
So great.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Angelbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't explain exactly how much I love this product. I own both high-end and drugstore eyeshadows, but as a poor student, I've recently been only purchasing drugstore brands to save money. These eyeshadows in the Comfot Zone palette are surprisingly high quality for the price. Very pigmented with good variation in the colors. Only issues is some colors are fall-out prone, but this is easily remedied by tapping the brush. I reach for this palette nearly everyday and always take it with me on trips. Must have. The darkest brown on the left of this palette seems exactly the same as the dark brown in WnW's I'm Getting Sunburned palette (which I also recommend).
EDIT: Coincidentally, both dark brown shadows in Comfort Zone and I'm Getting Sunburned have shattered and are no longer in the pan. These dark browns were the softest and most fallout prone in the palettes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic Eye shadow palette, Great selection of neutrals for everyday wear, for day, or Nightimes looks. All VERY pigmented, Yes there is fallout, but its not too bad. They Blend very well too. Packaging sucks, but for 5 bucks, for a amazing eye shadow palette, I could care less. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

WOW!
I love these palettes. Gorgeous pigmentation, silky smooth just like their trios. Can have a bit of a fallout, you don't want to drop these on the floor, VERY FRAGILE(- 1 lip).
They are all shimmers and they don't offer any matte shades. I love all shades, there's no one better in texture than the other. There are 4 neutrals and 4 more green-toned shades. Going from lighter to darker shades. The only con I found is that I need a primer to make them last longer...but that I need to almost all eyeshadows I've got.
Packaging is see through so you can see what colors are in the palette. Would love a more fancy packaging,but here it's all about the product itself...Overall LOVE them and the price is ridiculously amazing for the quality you get. Buy them NOW if you don't have them!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette is the business! When I say I love this palette I LOVE THIS PALETTE! I was really upset at first cause I could not get my hands on the palette, but when I went into a local Walgreens (which I never go in there im a Rite Aid Kinda Girl) my eyes drew right to the palettes. It was like a movie. My eyes got big and the music Ahhhhhhhhhhh....played above me. I picked it up to find that it was the last one and the left side browbone color was cracked. Do you think I cared? The answer is NO. I told myself I can press that back or just be ok with half of that color cracked cause I have lots of colors close to that. So I brought "Comfort Zone", and"Blue Had Me At Hello". I was not to interested in the purple colored one. So I went to the register and explained to the clerk what was going on with the shadow being chipped and that was the last one. She told me that she would look for another one. Needless tosay there was not another one so I got 20% off of the "Comfort Zone Palette" :) So I brought the palette (without tax) for 3.92. I went home and opeped the palette. As I took a little bit of the broken color and swatch it on my hand I noticed that even though I had some similer WNW colors that looked alike they were not exact and I fell in love with the palette that much more. So I pressed and I pressed and I got the color pressed enough to make the palette look presentable. That night I did a make up look with the palette and fell in love even more. I think that this is a great palette. These WNW eyeshadows put MAC shadows to shame. (in my opinion) I love everything about these shadows. The creamyness (if thats a word) the formula, the pigmentation, and the presentation of the palette. Its not too much without being to less. I have yet to open or try the "Blue Ha Me At Hello" and I have had them for about 1 month now. But all in all this is a great affordable palette for anyone the Begginer to the Pro.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n' Wild's Comfort Zone palette is an eight pan palette from their Color Icon line. Each neutral toned shade weights slightly more than one gram. The shadows are labeled for suggested placement, but obviously you don't have to follow that if you don't want to. Application instructions are also available on the back label of the palette. Wet n' Wild claims these shadows have "all day, crease resistant wear." I purchased my palette at Ulta for $4.99.
Packaging is simple and functional, but not particularly sturdy. The palette is black plastic with a clear plastic lid. A sponge tip applicator and tiny brush were included, but I tossed both of them.
I'll review each of the eight shadows individually, as they vary in texture.

Browbone 1 - A light, shimmery gold shade. The texture is really soft and nice. I use this on the brow bone, or as an all over sweep of color.

Eyelid 1 - A very pretty rose gold color. The texture and pigmentation are superb, as well as the blendability. I like this in the crease with browbone 1 on the lid.

Crease 1 - A warm, medium brown. Very smooth but not the most pigmented shadow in the palette. A good basic brown to have.

Definer 1 - A very deep, shimmery brown. Way too soft and overly pigmented. It stains my eyelid and my brushes. Pretty much crumbles to the touch. Leaves tones of fall out.

Browbone 2 - A light, semi-metallic taupe. Too dark for the browbone, at least for me. I get a ton of use for this shadow, I love it all over the lid. Great pigment and texture, I'll probably hit the pan on this one first.

Eyelid 2 - An olive green shadow. The only bright color in Comfort Zone, it's great for pops of color. A lot of people say this shadow isn't very pigmented, but I disagree. I love it.

Crease 2 - A dark green with glitter. Probably the worst shadow in the palette, sadly. It looks great in the pan and swatched on your finger, but very little color and almost no glitter transfer to the lid when applied.It also has the stiffest, hardest texture of the bunch.

Definer 2 - A red-brown-green duo-chrome. Everyone says this is a great dupe for MAC's Club Eyeshadow. A really interesting shadow by drugstore standards. Great to sweet over the lid and crease. Also has an excellent texture. I nicked it when swatching. ;_;
Aside from two exceptions, the shadows in Comfort Zone are excellent. Some of the best I've ever worked with. I like Wet n' Wild's idea behind this palette. Different neutrals, not the kind you'd expect. It's hard for me not to reach for this palette every day.
This palette is also excellent for travel. I'd definitely bring this for me on a weekend trip without any other shadows.
These shadows wear as well as they apply. I get all day wear without creasing, fading, or fallout, with exception to Definer 1.
I don't think I've ever been quite so pleased with a palette before. Comfort Zone is just so versatile and wearable. The quality is astounding, especially for the $5 price tag. I definitely recommend this palette to anyone who wants to play around with unexpected neutrals, or for someone needing an every day, travel friendly palette. You'll be hard pressed to find better quality eyeshadows at the drug store level. I'm genuinely excited to try more Wet n' Wild palettes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No