August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by bubbletea1212

First off, this moisturizer comes in a glass jar. Available for purchase at Ulta, walgreens, walmart and other drugstores. $11.99 and is 1.7 fluid ounces.

This is a great moisturizer. I have acne prone skin and this is really refreshing and a great night time moisturizing gel. When I put this on at night the next morning I feel that my skin is supple (not oily). And this is saying something since I'm only 18, and I still feel that this moisturizer helps the texture of my skin. I feel that this moisturizes my skin the right amount and does not feel heavy.

After using up my mary kay moisturizing purple gel with the same consistency, I knew that texture wise this would be a dupe. I would say that when comparing them they are quite close in performing, only that the mary kay is a little bit more moisturizing. HOWEVER, not enough for me to shell out an extra $20 for (the Garnier gel moisturizer is about $10-$11, mary kay is $30).

PRICE: I considered giving it a 1 being cheap, however I bumped it up to a 3 because even though it is 1.7 fl. oz, I go through this product so fast! Little does NOT go a long way. I think I finished a jar within a month (when other moisturizers with the same amount go for over 3 months personally).

Great product, cheap price (even though little does not go a long way), and easy to purchase! Would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by bingo8093

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mildly dry skin, and this did not help me at all. For around $8, it's a bit overpriced, especially since it's such a small jar. I would not recommend this for people attempting to relieve themselves of dry skin--I think my Lubriderm does a much better job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It's amazing under makeup. Makeup just glides over my skin. I think this one will work for everyone because it absorbs right away and there is no residue or shine left on your skin. It just looks like soft clean skin. Update: I've been using it daily, morning and night. I alternate at night with the Ultra Lift Pro- Retinol cream. It feels and smells like a high end product. I can't get over how cheap it is! It's less than $6 and it performs like a product that is over $30. I have very dry skin in the winter, and right now it's combination. So, ladies with dry skin should give it a try instead of looking for the thick and rich creams this time of year.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have normal skin that is on the dry side. This product made my skin even more dry and shiny (blah). It was super cheap so I'm not out a ton of money. I think this would be better for people with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by pastel26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW!!!!! I am absolutely loving this moisturizer! I have very oily, acne prone skin and have always struggled finding the right product that hydrates yet doesn`t break me out. On a total wim, I bought this from Zellers. I usually buy proffessional products, but this sounded fantastic so I thought I would try it. I was so impressed! My skin just soaks this up and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and not greasy at all. It wears great underneath my makeup, and I find that it also acts as a primer and keeps my makeup looking fresh and I barely have to blot. Plus you dont need a lot of this product, a little goes along way. The only downside is the packaging. When I go to use it, I use a Qtip to take the product out of the jar. You could use your fingers, just make sure you wash your hands first. So this is my new HG moisturizer!!! I have waited so long for a product like this!!!!!! Thanks Garnier:))

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by jbanhers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my second jar and this has helped me with my period of ance treatment. This does not inflame it and keeps they dryness/flakiness at bay. My skin is fine now and I continue to use this product. I love the scent as it is absolutely delicious!

I wish it came in a more sanitary container though. As well, this does not control my oily skin, but I do not want to sacrifice the moisture.

Its good for both morning and night since it contains no spf (I just put on additional sunscreen when I go out).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by spark12

I really love the way this moisturizer feels on my skin. When they call it "refreshing," they mean it. It goes on with a slight cooling sensation that's great as a pick-me-up if your skin is feeling tired or dull in the morning. I use this in the morning after I wash my face, but before makeup, and at night after I wash my face before I go to bed. I have combination skin, and I use this mainly on the parts of my skin that tend to be dry, like around my nose, on my cheeks, under my eyes, and it keeps my skin well-hydrated pretty much throughout the whole day. It feels very lightweight on my skin, and leaves a kind of smooth, dewy feeling after rubbing it in. I can still use it on my forehead, nose, and chin without it causing breakouts or too much oiliness. This may not be the most heavy-duty moisturizer, but it's definitely great if you need a good amount of long lasting hydration. The price is great too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by pulidobl

As a fan of Chanel's Hydramax + Active Gel Cream, I was curious about this product since it is also a moisturizing gel. I purchased this at Target for $6.99 (which is a steal for what Chanel's cost - $72.00). I am very pleased to say it performs just as good as the Chanel product did for me. Chanel's has alcohol high on the ingredient list and this doesn't. Only downside is it is in a jar also like The Chanel gel cream. A definite keeper!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by sguthall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has become my new go-to product. I've just finished my first jar of it. I have EXTREMELY dry skin. I used to use Clinique sensitive solutions cream, but this has so many more great qualities to it:

- It is lightweight.
- It is layerable for desired moisutrization.
- It produces a nice cooling sensation upon application (NO burning)
- It is really wonderful for sensitive skin!
- It makes a great primer for your makeup.
- Doubles as a cooling eye gel. This feels really good in the morning. It wakes my eyes and face right up!
- It is very reasonably priced.

Only downside I have for this is that is does not come in a tube. This allows bacteria into the jar everytime you put your fingers in. I haven't had any issues with it though! I never used any garnier products for my face but I will be looking into the rest of this line soon because this product is so amazing.You definitely should give this moisturizer a try. It would be great for summer because it is so cooling and lightweight!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by cchesnut99

I absolutely LOVE this moisturizer. It is a very lightweight, yet creamy gel. It absorbs almost instantly and has somewhat of a cooling sensation upon application. I can wear this under my primer and foundation (mineral or liquid) without feeling like my makeup will slide off. I love the fresh scent as well. It isn't overwhelming at all. Just clean.
As for the container, it leaves A LOT to desire. I do like that you can get to all of the product, but it is very unsanitary to stick your fingers down into it. It would be great if is was in a squeeze tube of some sort. I have somewhat overcome the ickyness of sticking my fingers in it. With the lid on, I tip the jar over quickly allowing some of the product to stick to the inside of the lid. Then I, with clean fingers, just use the product that is in the lid.
I will certainly buy it again.