NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 10/13/2011 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

If I had reviewed this when I first got it, I would've given it a 4, just because I hate the wand packaging. However, I've been using it for a few months now, and I've gotten used to the wand. The product itself is amazing - very light and easy to apply, and shadows last forever. I have not had creasing at all when using this primer, not a single time, no matter how long I waited before removing my makeup. I've used many other primers that I loved (MAC paint pots and Lumene are my other faves, also used TFSI and UDPP), but none perform as well as NARS. I still wish they would put this into a squeeze tube, but that's the only complaint I have.

on 10/7/2011 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The best eye primer I've ever used. Hands down.
It's pricy and as it's only 8g I expected it to last a month, maybe two... but it's been 3 months and despite using it every single day it does not seem to be anywhere near finishing. Maybe it's because it does not dry out inside of the packaging one bit, unlike so many other primers (UD, anyone?).
It applies white but spread out becomes completely transparent, even on black skin. It dries pretty quickly but it is best to wait a minute or so before applying eye shadow as colours applied when it isn't perfectly dry come out darker, otherwise it brings out true colous, it does not affect tones or blending. It's the only primer that lets me wear NARS Strada (officially the hardest eyeshadow to wear) in its full smoky-purple-golden glory (not looking like sparkly grey-green mess).
It does not crease... I mean, really it DOES NOT CREASE! First crease-proof product I've tried that does what it says on the packaging.
This primer lasts ALL DAY ...and umm... even longer. Once (due to too much partying and oversleeping for work) I've had my eye make-up on from Saturday morning to Sunday late evening... and it looked all freshly-applied even after some 36hrs (do not try this at home!). Amazing.
The only downside (because the price it ok considering how long it lasts and how well it works) how the packaging looks after even two days... that rubberised plastic gets dirty super-fast and looks even worse on this product, as the bottom half of it is white.

on 10/4/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best. Eyeshadow. Base. Ever.

I resisted everyone on the mu board telling me to switch to this primer because I was determined to make my TF Shadow Insurance work (which it does, but it started smudging after about 6 hrs on my oily lids). I FINALLY bought NARS' eyeshadow base about a month back, and I fell in love with it instantly. My eyeshadow / eyeliner DOES NOT BUDGE for the whole day with this primer, even if I go hiking through the mountains (which I occasionally do) or go to dance class and sweat like a pig (which I always do).

The packaging is kind of strange, it's basically an opaque, white lip gloss case (with the same fuzzy brush that most lip glosses use). The primer itself is a white, lotion-like cream that creates a smooth, clear canvas on your eyelids. It dries quickly so you have to smudge it out with your finger immediately. You can apply eyeshadow on it soon after, and it's very easy to blend / smooth powder eyeshadow around on it (unlike Urban Decay's Primer Potion).

The lasting power of this primer is not to be believed. I can go through a 10 hr work day, go to 3 hrs of dance class, come home, and STILL see that my eyeliner and eyeshadow are (almost) as perfect as they were in the morning. This is the first primer I've tried where my eyeliner doesn't transfer to my brow bone (since I have hooded eyes and even with TFSI, any eyeliner usually transfers by the end of the day).

Basically, I can't stop raving about this product. It IS pricey, but totally worth it. Go buy it if you are sick of all the other primers out on the market and want something that WORKS even in crazy, humid, sweaty situations.

on 9/27/2011 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I don't usually wear tons of shadow, but even a little used to crease within a few hours. This base totally eliminates the creasing, and it's kept shadow lasting as long as 12 hours since I bought it. It's pricey, but for me it works. (I don't mind the very slight whitish cast, as I'm fair anyway, and I always apply a nude shadow up to the brow, which covers it up.)

on 9/21/2011 7:51:00 PM

This product is definitely HG! It is the best eyeshadow primer for my eyes. It blends in smoothly, doesn't cause my eyeshadow to crease and makes my eyeshadow last all day. It is a bit more expensive than UD or TF but for me, NARS works so much better. I will definitely repurchase.

Ok, I LOVE my UDPP and honestly, I think that one is a teeny bit better than the Nars Smudge Proof. BUT still, I LOVE this this too. Its awesome and it doesn't smudge at ALL. Its only, the applicater is a pain. So I have to put it on my hand and then on my lid, which I hate, but I guess its alright. And one more thing, its TOO expensive for an eye-primer, while UDPP is cheaper. But I still love it.

on 9/4/2011 10:47:00 AM

I really hate to drop the rating on this product, but I really am not a fan. I have this, UDPP (first the little baby sample that came with the Naked Palette, and now the AMAZING new squeeze tube version of it), some paint pots, and a tiny sample of Stay Don't Stray (that I have yet to try). I used this about a dozen times before I went right back to UDPP. This didn't last on me nearly as long as UDPP. I'll put my makeup on for work at about 7 am, and by noon when I'm taking lunch, I'll have a beautiful oily dense stripe of color right in my crease. Lovely. I've had better luck with eyeshadows when I don't wear a primer. The texture feels way too "silicone-y" for me, whereas with UDPP it has more of a tacky texture that really grabs on to my eyeshadow and keeps it in place. Needless to say, I never use the NARS eyeshadow base anymore, and it will soon be going on my swaplist.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG!!! Best eye primer in the world for me. It wears like a iron!!!! TFSI still creased on my oily lid, and I used to LOVE original UDPP, but their 1st deluxe size was diluted regular sized= doesnt work like original UDPP, and I also got deluxe size in new tube packaging, and it dried out so fast. After being disappointed by TFSI and UDPP, I didnt know where to turn, but NARS to the rescue :D I'll be sticking to NARS from now on or until they reformulate to be worse.

on 8/31/2011 1:03:00 AM

I have the trifecta of challenging eyelid conditions: epicantheal fold, a crease (on one eye) and super oiliness. I have many eyemakeup challenges including attempting to evening out my eyes. Even putting on eyeliner to match is near impossible! But I digress.

Oh yes, because of the three aspects, it's a real challenge for eyemakeup to stay on and not meander all over the place, or fade away into oblivion.

The Pro Prime eyeshadow base is a very lightweight product. Looks pearly white, but goes on clear. Has a doefoot applicator, but I seem to get better coverage with a fingertip or a small flat brush.

So I tried this with smoky eyemakeup, just kohl eyeliner, a waterproof eyeliner, a gel eyeliner and i have been running around in monsoon weather conditions. I may have cried a bit, too. Have to say, I'm pretty darn impressed. the base really prevented my usual smeary, smudged up mess.

The only con I see is that once the product is on, it makes blending your other eyeproduct a little harder. So get diligent with your blending and bluffing and ready to have your eye stuff look nice all day long.

Let me digress again. Isn't it amazing how makeup technology has progressed over these past few years? Gosh, a few decades ago, I was smearing a burnt matchstick to my eyes and rubbing dried up beetles for lip color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm monolid, so I thought that this would be a better product for my eyelids based on reviews I heard/read about this being even more impregnable than the UDPP. It's not bad, but I personally found the UDPP to be more effective, and it's cheaper too so I won't be purchasing this again.

Top Rated NARS Products