December 20, 2014 | 1717 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by so_siqqq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was out of Primer Potion and decided to give this a try since one of my favorite Youtubers uses this. I think it works just as well as Primer Potion, but what I like so much about this is that it dries transparent and when I apply this to my lower lashline it does not make my undereye area look dry. The packaging is nice too because the doe-foot applicator does not apply too much product. The only downside for me is the price, which is $24 for 0.26 oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by valskuiken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing and the only e/s primer that works throughout a workday - workout for me. It just holds everything in place like nothing else. I don't use the wand to apply because for it gets smudgy, but I apply a very thin even coat with my fingertip.

Not cheap, but already been lasting me 2 months and still have so much left. I will never use any other e/s primer again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by zoeclay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the very best eyelid primer available!!! I have looked for something like this for over 20 years and nothing worked until this. I have very oily eyelids (at 61) and eyeliner, shadow, etc. would melt off within a couple of hours (even the waterproof ones). Some of them make your eyelids look wrinkled, but this goes on without color and does not dry out your eyelids. It is the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful new eyeshadow primer! It's invisible (goes on with a small sponge and is quite moist which is good for dry skin). It doesn't add color or shimmer, but it makes dry lids feel great and all eye shadows (cream and powder) go on evenly and smoothly with zero creasing even on parched, crepey eyelids like mine. And, with this base, shadows stay on without cracking or creasing all day or all night. I am really, really impressed with this stuff! I wasn't crazy about Nars face primer, but this is miraculous on my mature,saggy lids (I am 62). Definitely a must have for me and I highly recommend it. Not inexpensive (0.28oz tube is $24) but well worth it!

UPDATE: This product is highly recommended by Molly R. Stern, makeup artist based in LA, in the Allure Insiders Guide, August 2012 issue, page 72.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After trying a mini of this product, I definitely want to purchase a full size. Works GREAT, far superior to TFSI and UDPP. It's a little pricey for an eye primer, but it works so well that it's worth it. No irritation to my sensitive, oily lids and it really gets the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by prettyshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff. I put a tiny amount on my eyelid and barely rub where I put my eyeliner on the top & bottom lashes. Works like a charm, isn't too heavy, fabulous packaging. Much better than any other primers I've tried and I have tried many!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by nicojones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just two words: holy grail of e/s bases!!! This one comes in a container not a squeeze tube, so itīs easy to get the right amount, plus you donīt need an extra brush, just your finger tips. I love the fact that it does not smell and applies transparent (not white) - all MAC or NARS e/s I tried with smudgeproof base lasted about 12-14 h without creasing. In addition colors seem to apply & stay more brilliant. I love this stuff though itīs quite expensive (25 Euros) - but Iīll def. buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ReecesPeeces

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! So glad I listened to the ladies on the mu board. I put this on yesterday and wore my shadow for 13 hours in the hot sun and it was PERFECT at the end of the day ;o)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG of eye primers!
Eyeshadow stays in place even in hot humid weather.
Eyeshadow stays in place even after my sweaty workout.
No creasing, smudging.
Only downside is packaging & price.
Highly recommend regardless.
Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did not realize this has not been reviewed but if it has, I will add to it.

I have come from UDPP, TSI, Givenchy, Chanel and a few others... including cheapos like L'Oreal which was a total waste of money and effort. UDPP is good, as is TSI -- but these tend to make my ES seem crinkly -- maybe not the right word, but yes, crinkly. Both seemed quite drying to me -- and I don't have dry eyelids but I do wear eye cream and will not give that up for a cosmetic like a paint pot or ES.

When I heard about this last year I jumped and tried it.. it is still working now and I am about to purchase my second tube. It seems because it is in a tube which is easier to access than the disastrous UDPP, that it lasts longer and does not dry out like UDPP did inside the tube. I like that it looks white and goes on transparent and then, you just know it's there because your ES goes on beautifully and stays put for as many hours as you want.

love the product, will most def repurchase.

Update: In my search/quest for better/bigger/bushier eyebrows, I have tested this primer on them. OK, so I am still not Cara Delevigne..or Audrey Hepburn, BUT when I apply this on my eyebrows (after I have used all my eye creams and prepped my face for mu), I wait a few minutes to let it dry and then use either my pencils (Shu, YSL, Chanel) or powders (Anastasia, Clinique, Cle) .. whatever. And LO! the product stays on, I don't lose the tail end, nor does anything sweat off. I have these loss problems with both MUFE and MAC brow gels and I am this week testing these gel products on top of primer too. It should work and that would make me have almost perfect brows. After I use my coloring product, I use a waterproof mascara in brown and I have achieved a fuller effect on my brows.
I am about to purchase my 4th tube.. that's how invaluable this product is to me now.