July 30, 2014 | 1194 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Nutty

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this so much. In the pan it was a soft frosty taupe. But once applied it turned in to a silvery frosty mess on my NC45-50 skin, no taupe to be found. And it also creased even when using it on top of a primer. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I take it back. Originally I said I found this product underwhelming, but that's b/c I applied it by itself w/o a primer. Like this, on me, it doesnt really show up. But with a primer it applies so smoothly and is such a great everyday color! I think it will bring out any eyecolor. Especially lighter eye colors (blues and greens). I bought a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by piscesenchantress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice neutral shimmer. I'm constantly on the search for a great neutral taupe shade (I'm light blonde with fair skin and blue eyes) and to think I found it for $1.99! This has become a daily staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by dogdaze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this based on the glowing reviews here, expecting a lighter Satin Taupe. This is nothing like ST; despite its plummy appearance in the pan, it wears a soft bronzy color (NC20 brunette). It does have a lovely texture and applies well; only the color was a disappointment. No cool tones at all here. Got this BOGOF so I can hardly complain but it prob won't get much use. Actually it is exactly as Nutty would suggest; a mild almond color. EDIT 8/15/10: This is very similar on me to Stila Grace which is $18 as opposed to the .99 I paid for this. Using it almost every day now; loving it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, this is comparable to satin taupe but not at all the same. satin taupe is darker with less shimmer I think. I cant decide which one I like better. so ill have both!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

Nutty is very similar to MAC satin taupe. If I were to point out differences, I would say satin taupe is slightly darker and has more of a plum undertone, and nutty is slightly warmer with more browns in it. I really enjoy using Nutty as an all over wash, it really adds a beautiful sheen to the lids. It is also beautiful as a blending color in the crease on a dark smokey eye. The formula is very soft, and mine is starting to crumble apart on the edges..... :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Are you kidding me?!? My new HG shadow costs $1.99??? I can't thank you MUAers enough for steering me toward this spectacular find! I am a fair-skinned gal with very deep-set, vivid blue eyes. I love the way taupe brings out the color of my eyes, but most taupes end up accentuating the brown shadows of my eye sockets, I had a taupe shadow in college that was my HG but was, alas, discontinued years ago. Since then, I've been on a taupe quest. Many fell into the good category. This one is fantastic!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

When I saw an MUA image of this beside MAC's Prepped for Glamour, I was instantly intrigued. I've had good luck with Wet n Wild shadows, but didn't know they'd recently introduced a new line of singles. Immediately, I rushed out to pick this up, and was delighted at the $2 price tag. I knew if I didn't like it, it was only $2, and considering the rave reviews, it wouldn't be hard to unload on someone else who would appreciate it. I was happy to discover this was everything I'd hoped; it is the most stunning taupe I've seen to date - that complex mixture of soft brown and a tinge of gray, with just a hint of shimmer - and coming from a taupe-obsessed girl, that's saying something. The pigmentation is divine - it's no less pigmented than any of my Dior shadows, and is as buttery as LORAC. I am so in love with this color I am tempted to buy several. If you can get your hands on this, do!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by thatglowingangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I'll be the voice of dissent here. The colour is deceiving....it looks like a nice shimmery taupe in the pan but once applied on the skin, it has a strong reddish base that flashes silvery taupe. If you have very cool undertones and warm colours make you look tired like me, you won't like this eyeshadow very much.... Too bad because the pigmentation and price is 5stars but the colour......AND the packaging, I dug my nail into the shadow when I was trying to open this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by cole10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love! The color looks like nothing special in the package but on....totally different story! Makes my brown eyes pop. The color is brown with, I think, a hint of silver? The only gripe I have is that the lid on the package tends not to want to open easily...but could be the operator;). Worth the few dollars I paid and then some.