July 31, 2014 | 1029 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Paavaki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this product from theBalm site at 40% off rate. I bought it after reading rave reviews on most of the blogs and YT. Its an awesome highlighter. The product quality is also very nice. The shimmer is very subtle and light. Gives a dewy look to the skin. There is 8.5 gms product which will last for ever. I am NC 42 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by leopard666

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really great ! its truly a luminizer ,its not chalky and its not glittery ,its just perfect as a highlighter .
Its true that you have to use a light hand on this cause the brush picks up alot of product but if you work at it it will be well worth your 20 bucks .
Also this should compliment all skin tones .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is an awesome luminizer, I just bought it today at tj maxx in a little kit, I paid just under $20 (it includes a lipgloss, nailpolish and kabuki brush) and it was WELL WORTH it. It's a gorgeous color, it's pigmented, it goes on amazingly, it doubles as eye shadow which I like cause some days I just like to swipe something natural but pretty all over my lids and go. It is also pretty much my exact skin tone so if I want I could use it to cover my undereye circles which is great cause it's so bright it'll counteract the darkness. This is my first go at non drug store, non avon/mark makeup and I'm pretty impressed. My favorite part, and the real selling point for me personally is the packaging! It's such a small cosmetic line, I feel like I wouldn't buy it/be willing to pay as much without the retro packaging. It's great though, I love it, now I'm even more set on buying the hot mama blush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sara942

Got this at TJ Maxx for $9.99--yet another instant hit from TheBalm. Only ever used 1 other highlighter (one by Physician's Formula) and loved it. This one is even better! I dab it in the inner corners of my eyes and swipe it under the brow bones to make my eyes look well rested and my eyebrows more defined. It's got a very finely milled shimmer so that you cannot see individual flecks at all, under any lighting -- which means you can use it day or night. It literally just does what it says it will--highlights any features (brow bones, cheekbones, etc) with a luminous glow--not a sparkly mess! The product is so huge (0.3 oz) that I will likely never need another b/c a little goes a long way...and I love the sturdy hard plastic compact w/ the generously sized mirror...wish more products by thebalm came that way! Fantastic product--worth my every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I got this at TJ Maxx for $13 and I really want to go and get some backups at that price. I've been wanting this for a few years now, but I never bought it. As far as highlighter or illuminators go I've tried NARS Albatross, Everyday Minerals Champagne, Tarte Amazonian (liquid) and a few others. While I do like the above, I never felt complete as far as having the go to quick highlighter, so I was excited when I saw this. The color is perfect, not as yellow/gold as Albatross and not as pink as Champagne, or most other highlighters on the market. I use a MAC 109 to apply it and I use a light hand because I want a glow not a sheen or shimmer. It is finely milled and applies smooth. So far, this is the best highlighter and I will definitely repurchase. I heard and read good reviews about it but I was always hesitant and skeptical. I am glad it worked out for me because now I don't feel the need to keep looking. The packaging is also super cute and I really do like the brand in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by lolsann

Lovely highlighter! It is easy to apply, the color (champagne-ish) looks great on my fair skin.
It is glittery (do-oh...), so for everyday use it is important to apply with a light hand, or else it will be a) too glittery and b) too champagne-colored, which doesn`t really look good.
I mainly use it on my cheekbones, under my eyebrows, and sometimes as an eyeshadow (it makes my eyes look larger...) or on the middle of the lips (they look a lot fuller, but the staying power is poor on lips)
On the face the staying power is great, and it looks good when I get home from school/work :-)
Btw, cute package, nice mirror, but one must be careful not to drop it! It contains loads of product, so I think it is worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sremmers123

I was looking for the perfect highlighter for my pale skin. I had previously used NARS Copacabana, and while I liked it, I prefer a powder form. So of course, I came to MUA to help me decide! I heard such good reviews about this highlighter. Unfortunately, the Sephora in my town doesn't have a good selection of products since it's inside J.C. Penny's. I took a little trip to a free standing Sephora about 45 minutes away from me. When I got my hands on the tester, I KNEW I had to have it.

It's the PERFECT color! It's soo finely milled and extremely pigmented. Just one tap of the brush into the product and it's enough for one cheekbone. The price tag is a bit steep but there is a lot of product, it should last quite a while considering the high quality! The packaging is also pretty cute! I have zero regrets about this purchase and I recommend this product to all my cosmetic-loving friends. This makes me want to try more products by theBalm!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by purplepan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Mary-lou manizer. It works great, it's versatile and it is huge compared to most luminizing products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Here's a little background before I start on the review. I am about NC30-NC35 with olive skin. I also have dry skin so I am always searching for something to give my skin a nice glow. I bought the TheBalm Mary-Loumanizer about a month ago on vacation. I have been using the product every single day since then on my cheekbones and sometimes down the center of my face. I absolutely LOVE this product. I can see that my cheeks are glowing when I catch myself in the mirror :) I use my MAC 168 brush to apply and it blends beautifully with the rest of my makeup. This product is also a great value, there is 0.3 oz of product as opposed to NARS Albatross which has 0.16 oz. If I ever run out of this product, I would buy it again in a heartbeat. HG highlighter :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Blythe1976

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

By far the best all-purpose luminizing/highlighting pressed powder I've ever owned. TheBalm's formula for all their pressed powder products is among the silkiest and most blendable of h/e cosmetics lines, comparable even with the Guerlains and other luxury lines. It's not too shimmery, not too bronze—it's just right for just about any skin tone, no matter what your undertones are. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! I'm becoming a bigger fan of TheBalm with each product I try. Haven't been disappointed yet.