TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 4/10/2012 3:24:00 PM

Owns, owns, owns. This is the perfect highlighter. Gives a luminous glow but isn't glittery. It's has a subtle honey colored base, which is great for me since I do a lot of warm eye looks.

I use this on my cheekbones, nose and cupids bow. I also find myself reaching for it as a highlighter for brow bones and inner eye corners. There are a bunch of these in packs at TJ Maxx for $10, but I wouldn't hesitate to pay full price. You get SO much product, you will NEVER hit pan!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I returned the full size and bought the "balmbini" kit which included mary loumanizer in an eyeshadow sized pan as well as some eye shadows blushes and glosses.. LOVE it! great way to try a few things out and the full size i wouldnt use in a lifetime!! i just have too many other things i like to switch it up.. i suggest this kit vs. buying the full size..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has replaced MAC's Lightscapade MSF as my HG highlighter. Price of this is $24.00 USD for 8.5g of product. TheBalm describes it as: "This honey-hued multi-use product is much more than just a luminizer - it is a highlighter, an eye shadow, and an all-over shimmer in one. However, this creamy feeling highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light leaving skin looking softer and younger - while at the same time adding a subtle glow. Layer it on your lids for luxe-looking lashes, sweep it on your cheeks for a sexy sheen, or use it as an all-over finishing touch before you head out for the day or night. Talc, Oil, and Paraben-free, Mary-Lou Manizer is a lot more than she appears to be!"

A little bit about my skin: I am very fair, warm toned and have dry to very dry skin. My skin isn't particularly acne prone but I do get occasional break outs and allergic reactions to certain products.

I've been using this product for about 2 months and I instantly fell in love with it. It's shimmery without making my face look like a glitter ball. It's a champagne color that seems to be very versatile on several skin tones. It stays on my skin throughout the day without having to reapply at all and is more noticeable without looking ridiculous than my previous highlight.

I've only tried this as an eye shadow a few times and it seems to stay on just as well as any of my other higher end eye shadows. It's great for a sheer wash of color or as a highlight below the brow. It can also be built up for a more opaque shade.

Overall, I think this is a great product for everyone who wants a glow without looking like a disco ball exploded on your face. The price is mid ranged and you get a lot of product for the price, considering some highlighters can be a lot more for less product. You just need a tiny bit to do the job, so I feel like this one compact would last you years. If I ever run out, which seems unlikely, I will certainly rebuy.

Ingredients: Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitrate, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

while it does it reflect light nicely it also dried out my skin. the other thing i noticed was that when i looked in the mirror there were a bunch of tiny sparkles....everywhere.

on 4/4/2012 8:59:00 PM

One of my HG highlighters! It's a beautiful champagne color that glides on smooth and beautiful and makes you lit from within and glowy! It's also really beautiful on the inner corner of the eyes to complete any eye look. I absolutely LOVE this product!!

on 3/31/2012 10:56:00 PM

I wouldn't buy this product again because I wouldn't run out - there is quite a bit per container but ... also because it is a bit too glittery for me or shimmery .... I really like liquid highlighters better for my complexion ... but I also use a great MAC product (actually it is a powder shadow) called Carefree that is great. Oh well, I have used this and for me it is only average but it is not a waste.

on 3/31/2012 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this so much I bought two back-ups (for a fraction of the price at Marshall's), even though the amount of product you get in one is enough for a lifetime! Tons of product, and a little is all you need to give yourself a healthy, luminous finish. Love the subtle, non-glitterbomby glow. Not too golden, not too white, nothing orange about it- perfect on my nc30ish skin. I'm very oily, but this highlighter still works for me without turning my face into a greased-up disco ball. Yay life and yay theBalm.

on 3/29/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm super impressed with this highlighter, it's less golden than nars albatross so it just gives this ethereal glow. It's very smooth and blendable. The packaging is adorable too! Lasting power is moderate, about 4 hours on me. I got this in a discounted set but if for some reason I ran out or lost it, I think it's worth full price.

on 3/18/2012 6:48:00 PM

Got it at TJ Maxx in a kit with 3 other full sized products for 10 bucks! best purchase ever! This is the most beautiful hightlight I also love it as an eyeshadow. Everyone can wear this. BEST. THING.EVER.

on 3/13/2012 7:08:00 AM

I was watching a make-up tutorial when mary-lou came up with her lovely champagne shine, I loved the effect she had and decided to commit to her, now this girl loves to play hard to get so it took awhile before I manage to find her but let me tell you it was worth the trouble!

not only does she give you a healthy inner glow but also leaves your skin feeling lovely, never too shiny but a subtle beauty that brightens up your face. Mary-Lou is a keeper!!! I dab her on my cheekbones and inner corner of my eyes and suddenly my face lights up with a youthful glow :)

Top Rated TheBalm Products