July 24, 2014 | 1868 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2003 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sweet_cocoangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely cool-toned. And although I don't reach for it all the time, I really like it. One of the few lipsticks that I can apply without a mirror...its that sheer. This is a very subtle colour, not bright at all. But it is distinctly a pink, so you have to match the rest of your face accordingly. Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2003 7:09:00 PM More reviews by asmaa

Hmmm... I didn't like this one. The texture of these lustres is nice, but this shade didn't work on me. I usually like purples and mauves, but this looked a bit too purple on my lips. It wasn't bright, and if used sparingly doesn't look that bad. But, you know when you first put a lippie on and something doesn't look right, well that's what happened.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2003 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Kminer

I agree with amny comments here - a flattering pinky color, with hints of a mauvey purple (but not a shocking or Nico purple) colro - this is fairly sheer alone, which I didn't even know at first as I was using liner under it. This is quite versatile and feels great on! I can use it as a light stain with heavier done eyes, especially when topped with a little clear gloss. I can also wear this shade with MAC's Plum lip liner (again, applied lightly) and then topped with a little pinky gloss - pretty look! I am quite quite pleased with this shade as it's the only Lustre to date I have liked.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2003 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kitty62

This pretty, muted lavender is just a little too cool for me (LLL w/ golden-pink undertones), but it's so light and sheer that it's workable. I like it with Lust Lipglass overtop or Oak lip pencil underneath.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2003 5:35:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

This is a YLBB shade for the cool toned gals but is light enough and not too cool so neutral toned and warm-toned gals can wear it too. I love the texture of this lustre lipsticks. Very smooth and moisturizing. Definately a thumbs up for MAC on this formula!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2003 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Deb723

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A pretty lavender-mauve. Nice and sheer, and moisturizing. Can look different depending on the liners you use with it. Very nice, subtle but pretty color. I am warm-toned and it looks natural on me; I think this would work for a wide variety of skin tones because it is so sheer--you can layer it for greater color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2003 1:18:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

Syrup is wonderful when I want to do more intense eyes- nude lips just don't work for me, but Syrup gives the perfect soft slick of colour and shine.

The shade is a cool-toned pink with slightly mauve undertones. The texture is lovely- so light and moisturising, with a glossy, almost wet finish. Easy to wear, and I don't even need a mirror to apply. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2003 9:35:00 PM More reviews by legaleagle

The Lustre lippies are my favorite l/s in the MAC line. The Satins, Mattes, and Frost are too drying for my lips. I got Syrup, my third Lustre, and I really thought it would be too faded pink on me. The color description on MAC.com says a "Cloudy Pink." On me, Syrup is not a cloudy pink at all, but a pretty lavendar that goes well with Plum l/l (with the l/l lightly applied). It also feels very light and creamy on the lips. I am glad I got it because I had been wanting it for a while. Now, I want Hug Me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Cynful456

The new Lustre lipsticks look moist and feel great on the lips. I bought Syrup, a "your lips but better" shade. It looks great with lavender eyeshadows- it has just a hint of berry-mauve to it. I am a PPP w/pink undertones, and this is a very pretty, very wearable shade. It makes me want to try more of this kind!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2003 9:54:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mac lustre lipstick in Syrup is one of my can't live without it lipsticks. This lipstick has a real nice sheer moist feel to it on my lips, in the prettiest shade of mauvish-pink. I use this color both alone and on top of other lipsticks that are "my lips but better" but have a little bit too much brown in them. Other people have lipsticks go fuschia on them -that never happens to me but alot of lipsticks I buy look pinkish-brown (emphasis on the pink)and then turn orangish on me. I have very fair pale lips so I'm not sure why this happens. Regardless Mac's syrup is the answer to that problem and just a really nice medium mauve lip color to use on any day.