MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 6/23/2004 6:07:00 PM

Syrup is a sheer mauve-pink that is perfect as an everyday color. I am not sure if someone who was warm-toned could wear this, because there are definitely a lot of mauve lilac tones. This is a great color, but not exactly one that I cannot live w/o.

on 6/9/2004 2:53:00 PM

If you're looking for a cheaper version of VL Foolish Virgin lipstain, you've found it. Syrup is much more pigmented, but has the same shine as the lipstain. It's slightly too pink for my taste, which is why I gave it a 4, but it would be ideal for others.

on 6/8/2004 7:51:00 PM

I like this colour a lot. It ressembles my natural lip colour so it ends up looking really natural on my lips.

on 3/21/2004 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

When I first put this on and looked in the mirror, my inital thought was, "ew". But since then I've been willing to work with it and I like it much better now. I combine it with a lipliner (Hollywood) and now I'm always satisfied with the way it looks. It's one of those lipsticks I have to work with to make it work for me.

on 3/13/2004 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a GGG, Asian and syrup is a really pretty pink on me. I wear it alone for daytime and at night, it really stands out with untempered gold glitter lip glass on top. As with all my MAC lipsticks - this is moisurizing, stays put and has a solid color.

on 3/9/2004 8:48:00 PM

I bought this on a valentine's day special on a whim and I am so pleased with this color. A light pink lavender that is sooo pretty.

on 2/22/2004 7:01:00 PM

I bought this today trying to branch out of my warm pinks/peaches trend. I was already regretting it - it's so light and blue-pink, it doesn't really go with my usual makeup looks, and it kind of made my teeth yellow. THEN I tried it with a few liners and I *love* it. With Spice, it's a terrific plummy YLBB; with Bonne Bell 'Sand' it's just more intense and slightly more neutral than when alone; with Annabelle 'Blush' it's a vibrant pink. I love the Lustre formula so I'm glad to find a way to wear this lippie with versatility.

on 2/22/2004 1:46:00 PM

This is a pinky w/hint of purple shade. Very nice pink color. As with other MAC lippies it lasts a long time and doesn't dry out my lips.

on 2/1/2004 8:35:00 PM

I got this in a swap and it is a good addition to my MAC lipstick collection. It is a sheer plummy pink with a tiny bit of shimmer. I love the lustre texture! If I apply lightly, it is totally MLBB! If I put on a few too many coats, I don't really like the look of it. It's like it is trying to become frosty lilac.

on 1/31/2004 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hug Me was my favourite Lustre until I tried Syrup - I love it!! On me it's a beautiful rosy plum, sheer with no shimmer, and -like all the Lustre lipsticks- it's got a good slippery feel and doesn't dry out my lips. Works with everything.

Recommended for Medium Skin