November 27, 2014 | 1503 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2003 12:37:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this color! Shiny pink/mauve, a great your lips but better color. It is very light when applied, so if your looking for something dark this is not it. I love this as my everyday lipstick, feels nice and creamy on and wears well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2003 7:07:00 AM More reviews by mere1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely sheer plum/pink. Probably the nicest MAC l/s I've found, and one of the few I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2003 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect lipstick for fair skinned girls, a sheer, glossy mauve pink. The lustre lipsticks are nice because they feel really smooth going on. I plan on repurchasing this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2003 8:05:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MAC lipstick so far - sequin was my first favorite, but Syrup has replaced it, it is so easy to wear, goes with everything and feels devine on my lips! i have brown hair and brown eyes and an olive complexion, this is light enough to not scream 'look at my lips' but dresses me up a bit for work or on weekends, a day shade, but wonderful! love the lustre!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2003 4:27:00 PM More reviews by caralyn

This is a very pretty lavender-pink on me. I'm fair with pink-yellow undertones, so I generally go for warmer tones, but this works on me, as long as I wear cooler toned e/s and blush (as someone else mentioned - this is definitely a color you should match the rest of your makeup to). I am loving the formula - like a pigmented, non-shimmery gloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2003 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Blinkers345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty cool, pinkish mauve color. Im warm toned though, so this didnt look as good as I had hoped :( It turns out a vibrant purple-ey shade...not a ylbb mauve like everyone said it was. This just isnt for my coloring, so I wouldnt buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2003 5:40:00 PM More reviews by chowdapunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got Syrup for free when I returned 6 MAC empties. I was really drawn to this color and so excited when it looked go on me. I'm incredibly fair with freckles and really thin lips. I'm lucky when I can find a lipcolor that works and that i LOVE. I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2003 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sweet_cocoangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely cool-toned. And although I don't reach for it all the time, I really like it. One of the few lipsticks that I can apply without a mirror...its that sheer. This is a very subtle colour, not bright at all. But it is distinctly a pink, so you have to match the rest of your face accordingly. Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2003 7:09:00 PM More reviews by asmaa

Hmmm... I didn't like this one. The texture of these lustres is nice, but this shade didn't work on me. I usually like purples and mauves, but this looked a bit too purple on my lips. It wasn't bright, and if used sparingly doesn't look that bad. But, you know when you first put a lippie on and something doesn't look right, well that's what happened.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2003 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Kminer

I agree with amny comments here - a flattering pinky color, with hints of a mauvey purple (but not a shocking or Nico purple) colro - this is fairly sheer alone, which I didn't even know at first as I was using liner under it. This is quite versatile and feels great on! I can use it as a light stain with heavier done eyes, especially when topped with a little clear gloss. I can also wear this shade with MAC's Plum lip liner (again, applied lightly) and then topped with a little pinky gloss - pretty look! I am quite quite pleased with this shade as it's the only Lustre to date I have liked.