April 17, 2014 | 960 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2003 1:18:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

Syrup is wonderful when I want to do more intense eyes- nude lips just don't work for me, but Syrup gives the perfect soft slick of colour and shine.

The shade is a cool-toned pink with slightly mauve undertones. The texture is lovely- so light and moisturising, with a glossy, almost wet finish. Easy to wear, and I don't even need a mirror to apply. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2003 9:35:00 PM More reviews by legaleagle

The Lustre lippies are my favorite l/s in the MAC line. The Satins, Mattes, and Frost are too drying for my lips. I got Syrup, my third Lustre, and I really thought it would be too faded pink on me. The color description on MAC.com says a "Cloudy Pink." On me, Syrup is not a cloudy pink at all, but a pretty lavendar that goes well with Plum l/l (with the l/l lightly applied). It also feels very light and creamy on the lips. I am glad I got it because I had been wanting it for a while. Now, I want Hug Me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Cynful456

The new Lustre lipsticks look moist and feel great on the lips. I bought Syrup, a "your lips but better" shade. It looks great with lavender eyeshadows- it has just a hint of berry-mauve to it. I am a PPP w/pink undertones, and this is a very pretty, very wearable shade. It makes me want to try more of this kind!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2003 9:54:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mac lustre lipstick in Syrup is one of my can't live without it lipsticks. This lipstick has a real nice sheer moist feel to it on my lips, in the prettiest shade of mauvish-pink. I use this color both alone and on top of other lipsticks that are "my lips but better" but have a little bit too much brown in them. Other people have lipsticks go fuschia on them -that never happens to me but alot of lipsticks I buy look pinkish-brown (emphasis on the pink)and then turn orangish on me. I have very fair pale lips so I'm not sure why this happens. Regardless Mac's syrup is the answer to that problem and just a really nice medium mauve lip color to use on any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2003 2:17:00 PM More reviews by bizzymom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great feel, great colo. cool-based mauvey-pink. Looks perfect with"defined" liner. This actually stayed on , and left my lips moist. I love these lustre listicks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2002 10:48:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

This is a really pretty sheer mauve rose shade that looks very soft and natural on my lips. It adds a pretty shine and feels great on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2002 5:50:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I like this shade and texture of these new Lustre l/s, I probably won't but anymore. I do like Syrup though, feels nice & smooth, easily buildable. It's one of my "Lips but better" shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2002 5:22:00 PM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This will definitely be a staple for me. I love the Lustre lipstick formula, esp. for everyday wear .... glossy, moisturizing, just enough pigment. Syrup is a lovely, wearable pinky-rose-mauve. If I want to kick up the color a notch, I put a stain on underneath, but it is lovely alone too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2002 11:51:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was nervous about this color because Hug Me was an absolute disaster on me. It turns out that I had nothing to worry about. I arrived home late this evening to find a little package from MAC on my doorstep containing the Syrup Lippie. The color is a sheer mauve w/ some slight pink tones (YMMV depending on your natural lip color). This just accentuated my lips and was shiny and moisturizing (shocking for a MAC lipstick). Some have described this as a lilac/lavender color and I do not find that to be true at all. When I think of lilac I think of the Nico Lipglass and this is nothing like that. Picture a very, very sheer version of the Lovechild Lipglass without the gold shimmer and you have this color. Very pretty. However, if you like a lot of color on your lips than pass this one bye.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2002 11:10:00 AM More reviews by ju7ia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A pretty summery violet pink glossy lipstick. I like the texture of the Lustre lipsticks - they are sort of wet feeling, not sticky, probably because of the silicone base. I'll definitely get more of these.