MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 6/8/2004 7:51:00 PM

I like this colour a lot. It ressembles my natural lip colour so it ends up looking really natural on my lips.

on 3/21/2004 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

When I first put this on and looked in the mirror, my inital thought was, "ew". But since then I've been willing to work with it and I like it much better now. I combine it with a lipliner (Hollywood) and now I'm always satisfied with the way it looks. It's one of those lipsticks I have to work with to make it work for me.

on 3/13/2004 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a GGG, Asian and syrup is a really pretty pink on me. I wear it alone for daytime and at night, it really stands out with untempered gold glitter lip glass on top. As with all my MAC lipsticks - this is moisurizing, stays put and has a solid color.

on 3/9/2004 8:48:00 PM

I bought this on a valentine's day special on a whim and I am so pleased with this color. A light pink lavender that is sooo pretty.

on 2/22/2004 7:01:00 PM

I bought this today trying to branch out of my warm pinks/peaches trend. I was already regretting it - it's so light and blue-pink, it doesn't really go with my usual makeup looks, and it kind of made my teeth yellow. THEN I tried it with a few liners and I *love* it. With Spice, it's a terrific plummy YLBB; with Bonne Bell 'Sand' it's just more intense and slightly more neutral than when alone; with Annabelle 'Blush' it's a vibrant pink. I love the Lustre formula so I'm glad to find a way to wear this lippie with versatility.

on 2/22/2004 1:46:00 PM

This is a pinky w/hint of purple shade. Very nice pink color. As with other MAC lippies it lasts a long time and doesn't dry out my lips.

on 2/1/2004 8:35:00 PM

I got this in a swap and it is a good addition to my MAC lipstick collection. It is a sheer plummy pink with a tiny bit of shimmer. I love the lustre texture! If I apply lightly, it is totally MLBB! If I put on a few too many coats, I don't really like the look of it. It's like it is trying to become frosty lilac.

on 1/31/2004 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hug Me was my favourite Lustre until I tried Syrup - I love it!! On me it's a beautiful rosy plum, sheer with no shimmer, and -like all the Lustre lipsticks- it's got a good slippery feel and doesn't dry out my lips. Works with everything.

on 1/20/2004 10:56:00 PM

When I first saw this, I thought "ew." It looks like a weird lavender pink color that I would never be caught dead in public wearing. But since I love lustre lipsticks, I gave it a try after staring at it each time in the MAC store. Surprise-- it's flattering! The beauty of lustre lippies is that they are sheer and shiny. Syrup makes my lips look pinkish, but not *too* light (I hate that!) So glad I tried it!

on 1/13/2004 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am a cool PPP and this color just doesn't work for me. I bought it after a MA for MAC did a fall make over on me. I loved the way it felt and in the Nordstrom lighting it looked liked the perfect YLBB. Now - I just don't like it. It is too sheer and really looks bad on me. It is almost a flourescent light purple on my lips in the daylight. My husband loves it on me in the evening and I have to agree. Syrup is solely sticking to nightime.

Popular Lipsticks