August 22, 2014 | 1206 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2005 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sasxo76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Nail Envy for over a year now and my nails are in the best condition they've ever been in. They're thick, hard, strong and I finally am able to grow them out long. They used to bend and peel off just as they reached my fingertips. The only problem I've noticed is that my nails have a yellowish color so I have to keep a colored polish on them all the time in order for them to look good. They never looked yellow before Nail Envy. This sacrifice is totally worth it to me because I love having hard, great-looking nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by sabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this yet because it totally changed my life! Okay, maybe that's a stretch but it definitely changed my nails forever. I have been using this consistently for about 3 years now and since I started using Envy my nails have been incredibly long and strong. The results are dramatic! This is a must-have!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2005 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Persephonie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have natural nails that are in fairly good shape, why spend $14 on Nail Envy when you can spend $7.50 on OPI's Natural Nail Strengthener and get the exact same results?

It is a great hardner for those who have just removed acrylics or have over buffed the nail plate during a manicure. Just be sure to monitor your nail's health along the way. (Don't forget the nail oil!)

The *only* differnce in the two is the amount of formeldehyde in the product that they use as a "hardner". Too much or used too often and your nails will peel, break and flake. It's best to use a nail oil such as SolarOil when using a formeldehyde hardner to prevent over hardning the layers of keratin.

I only use Natural Nail Strengthener on my nails. Never looked nicer...

Coreen

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2005 11:53:00 PM More reviews by christielee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great base coat and I use it when I don't feel like painting my nails. It really makes them stronger! I just wish it wasn't so expensive! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2005 10:54:00 PM More reviews by stylefaxee

I prefer to keep my nails low-maintenance when I go between manicures, and this is nice for making my nails look healthy and slightly shiny. It also works as a base coat. Nothing spectacular, but it does its job. For the price, it's pretty expensive - I'm not sure I'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2005 12:52:00 PM More reviews by dezibela

For me, this is just another base coat. I haven't had the discipline to apply daily, so I can't complain about it, but using it just as a base coat does nothing. Nailtiques #2 or Develop 10 do a lot more with a lot less effort.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2005 12:00:00 PM More reviews by JasperTear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ehh. This was okay. OPI tends to have amazing nail polish colors, so I decided to try this nail strengthening product. I thought it was pretty expensive at $14 a bottle. I followed the instructions and applied it daily. I honestly didn't see an improvement. In fact, the layering process would make the Nail Envy peel toward the end of the seven days. I've since found Avon's Nail Experts Strong Results Length and Strength Complex, and use it all the time with wonderful results. Unlike Nail Envy, the Length and Strength Complex actually soaks into the nail and doesn't require removing thick build up. For the price that I paid for Nail Envy, I expected more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2005 1:16:00 PM More reviews by anikill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has been my HG for 15 years now. I've bought maybe 6 bottles of it since my first one a million light years ago. If you have brittle, weak nails that either break easily or peel and split more than you'd like them to, then this is the product for you! I've had crappy weak nails for as long as I can remember, but when I'm diligent with the OPI Nail Envy, I can really truly see a difference! I love this stuff and will continue to love it forever! I totally recommend this product to EVERYONE! I've also tried the Matte version, and I like it, but I'd probably give it only 4 out of 5 lippies ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by grrrpirategirl

Suprizingly, this product actually seems to speed my nail grown! ( I've never actually noticed much of a difference with other strengtheners). I have had problems with ridges and that seems to have cleared up as well.

Neato.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2004 12:08:00 PM More reviews by rvkma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HUGE RANT for this stuff!
2 years ago,I tried to use this and it made my nails worse - the worst layer peeling I've ever had. Well since then I've gone to salons where it's the only base they have, so I let them use it and now, this is the second time I've gotten a manicure where they've used this and my polish peeled off the next day. The end for me, I will never let anyone use this on my nails again. Must be something with my body chemistry, but this does NOT work for me. ugh!