August 28, 2014 | 1710 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2003 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product back in the early 90s. I probably strayed away from it due to the lure of something else but I found myself going back to it this month. I wasn't disappointed. I tried the Almay One Coat Triple Effect and liked it but the formula was so thick that it made a mess around the tube that made it difficult to open and close. This particular version, however, allows me to build layers (I apply 2) without a cakey mess. Also the brush is tapered at the tip so applying mascara to the little bitty hairs at the inner corners of my eyes is an absolute breeze with no mess or cleanup. It dries quickly, doesn't smear, and the formula removes easily with Jojoba Oil at the end of the day. All in all, STILL a winner all these years later. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2003 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Tweetyfan

I keep trying the latest mascaras as they come out, but I keep returning to Almay One Coat. It thickens just right, giving me the drama I desire, without looking like "spiders." This is my holy grail!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2003 12:18:00 AM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great mascara! It thickened and lengthened my lashes somewhat and left them soft, though it didn't seperate define or "feather" my lashes as much as I like, the almay insider mascara is better for that, but this is still a fantastic mascara. I have the black and I agree with a previous reviewer, it is the richest, darkest, juicest most gorgeous black I've ever seen, that's definitly my favorite thing about this mascara, the color is just stunning. Also, I really like the silver and white packaging, it's so modern and chic, I just love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2003 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jj28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The one coat claim didn't hold up since I had to layer to fully coat my lashes. When I did this however, the mascara started to clump. This also does not hold a curl, in fact, it wilted the curl. Now, I use this only for my bottom lashes. I got this in the waterproof formula and it did stay on. Removing it was not more difficult when compared to other waterproof mascaras. I would not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2003 12:15:00 AM More reviews by pigpen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this at a sale price $2.99 but I am not thankful at all to have got this cheap. The one I had is waterproof formulated but it smeared and stained my lower lid 2 hours after application. The packaging, like its price, is equally cheap.The green tube looked so cheap that I wouldn't touch up with it if I were in a common bathroom. I sat it in the bottom of my traincase and the other day I had sooo much luck to have it thrown in in a swap. Nothing miracle about this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 3:16:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of all the drugstore brand mascaras I've tried I like Almay mascaras the best. Plus, it always comes with freebie eye MU remover pads. I am currently using the thickening version in black. It does thicken lashes and doesn't clump on me although it does smudge a tiny bit so it only gets four lippies. Definately will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 8:07:00 AM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this was my staple for a while, until i went high-end for packaging reasons. it's clean and gives a feathery, natural-looking finish without the need for a comb. i also like the CK-like plain, silver tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2002 4:44:00 PM More reviews by rociox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good mascara but dries up very fast, so i've found myself resucitating this mascara by spraying mineral water to the brush, if u want a dramatic look this is a good cheap option, i still think maybelline and covergirl have the best drugstores mascaras...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2002 12:51:00 PM More reviews by I_Lightuparoom

I have normal length, somewhat thick dark eyelashes. I love mascara, and Im also on the search for one that will thicken my lashes even more. I picked this up on sale for $2, so if it did nothing, I wouldn't be too upset over it. Well, I love this mascara, I think its my Holy Grail mascara. It thickens my lashes, defines each lash, keeps the curl, and adds a tiny bit of length. No Smudging, no flaking. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2002 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Glossie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One coat realy does it! I have the black one and it's the richest, juiciest, darkest black ever.