Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara (Thickening)

3.7

This was o.k. for me, nothing special but I am not too opinionated since it is inexpensive. Above average, but "one coat" is not enough for me, even on my lazy, natural look days.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Good, basic everyday mascara - it really won't do anything special like add more curl or pump up the volume, but it does define the lashes. Slight clumping can occur since the brush is fuller than most. Overall, has good staying power throughout the day and won't smear.

This stuff is pretty gosh darned good. It thickened and it lengthened (but not as much as I'd like..but hey, anything helps right?). It didn't smear on me at all, and it does curl on its on. The only problem I have with this is that it does clump just a teensy bit but you can get rid of that with an eyelash comb. Overall, not bad for $1.99 at big lots :D

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the mascara that I use pretty much everyday. It does get clumpy kind of fast,but I always wipe the wand off with some tissue before I use it. I like that it doesn't smear,and it gives me pretty,thick natural looking lashes. I'm still searching for my holy grail,but this is a good,affordable everyday mascara.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because no one seemed to complain that it smudged. I've had a terrible time with mascaras smudging on me. First day I wore this, I applied 2 coats. It was a very natural, defined look, and didn't undo the curl. But it left shadows under my eyes in less than an hour. I couldn't believe it. I tried it once more 2 days afterwards, and it didn't smear at all. I don't know what happened but I'll continue using this. I like it for definition and slight thickness.

I used this product back in the early 90s. I probably strayed away from it due to the lure of something else but I found myself going back to it this month. I wasn't disappointed. I tried the Almay One Coat Triple Effect and liked it but the formula was so thick that it made a mess around the tube that made it difficult to open and close. This particular version, however, allows me to build layers (I apply 2) without a cakey mess. Also the brush is tapered at the tip so applying mascara to the little bitty hairs at the inner corners of my eyes is an absolute breeze with no mess or cleanup. It dries quickly, doesn't smear, and the formula removes easily with Jojoba Oil at the end of the day. All in all, STILL a winner all these years later. I highly recommend it.

I keep trying the latest mascaras as they come out, but I keep returning to Almay One Coat. It thickens just right, giving me the drama I desire, without looking like "spiders." This is my holy grail!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is a great mascara! It thickened and lengthened my lashes somewhat and left them soft, though it didn't seperate define or "feather" my lashes as much as I like, the almay insider mascara is better for that, but this is still a fantastic mascara. I have the black and I agree with a previous reviewer, it is the richest, darkest, juicest most gorgeous black I've ever seen, that's definitly my favorite thing about this mascara, the color is just stunning. Also, I really like the silver and white packaging, it's so modern and chic, I just love it.

The one coat claim didn't hold up since I had to layer to fully coat my lashes. When I did this however, the mascara started to clump. This also does not hold a curl, in fact, it wilted the curl. Now, I use this only for my bottom lashes. I got this in the waterproof formula and it did stay on. Removing it was not more difficult when compared to other waterproof mascaras. I would not be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this at a sale price $2.99 but I am not thankful at all to have got this cheap. The one I had is waterproof formulated but it smeared and stained my lower lid 2 hours after application. The packaging, like its price, is equally cheap.The green tube looked so cheap that I wouldn't touch up with it if I were in a common bathroom. I sat it in the bottom of my traincase and the other day I had sooo much luck to have it thrown in in a swap. Nothing miracle about this mascara.

Popular Mascaras