August 1, 2014 | 1835 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2003 12:18:00 AM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great mascara! It thickened and lengthened my lashes somewhat and left them soft, though it didn't seperate define or "feather" my lashes as much as I like, the almay insider mascara is better for that, but this is still a fantastic mascara. I have the black and I agree with a previous reviewer, it is the richest, darkest, juicest most gorgeous black I've ever seen, that's definitly my favorite thing about this mascara, the color is just stunning. Also, I really like the silver and white packaging, it's so modern and chic, I just love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2003 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jj28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The one coat claim didn't hold up since I had to layer to fully coat my lashes. When I did this however, the mascara started to clump. This also does not hold a curl, in fact, it wilted the curl. Now, I use this only for my bottom lashes. I got this in the waterproof formula and it did stay on. Removing it was not more difficult when compared to other waterproof mascaras. I would not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2003 12:15:00 AM More reviews by pigpen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this at a sale price $2.99 but I am not thankful at all to have got this cheap. The one I had is waterproof formulated but it smeared and stained my lower lid 2 hours after application. The packaging, like its price, is equally cheap.The green tube looked so cheap that I wouldn't touch up with it if I were in a common bathroom. I sat it in the bottom of my traincase and the other day I had sooo much luck to have it thrown in in a swap. Nothing miracle about this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 3:16:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of all the drugstore brand mascaras I've tried I like Almay mascaras the best. Plus, it always comes with freebie eye MU remover pads. I am currently using the thickening version in black. It does thicken lashes and doesn't clump on me although it does smudge a tiny bit so it only gets four lippies. Definately will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 8:07:00 AM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this was my staple for a while, until i went high-end for packaging reasons. it's clean and gives a feathery, natural-looking finish without the need for a comb. i also like the CK-like plain, silver tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2002 4:44:00 PM More reviews by rociox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good mascara but dries up very fast, so i've found myself resucitating this mascara by spraying mineral water to the brush, if u want a dramatic look this is a good cheap option, i still think maybelline and covergirl have the best drugstores mascaras...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2002 12:51:00 PM More reviews by I_Lightuparoom

I have normal length, somewhat thick dark eyelashes. I love mascara, and Im also on the search for one that will thicken my lashes even more. I picked this up on sale for $2, so if it did nothing, I wouldn't be too upset over it. Well, I love this mascara, I think its my Holy Grail mascara. It thickens my lashes, defines each lash, keeps the curl, and adds a tiny bit of length. No Smudging, no flaking. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2002 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Glossie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One coat realy does it! I have the black one and it's the richest, juiciest, darkest black ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2002 7:34:00 PM More reviews by iamangela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am impressed. This mascara is just as good as the expensive ones. Instantly made my lashes glossy and beautiful fringed. The first day I wore it a co-worker complimented me and I told her what it was. She got some the next day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2002 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Mascara_GrL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I decided to use this again after so many years...and I got it on sale for $2.99...cant beat the price...and it worked fairly the same...after so long from using it, I almost forgot how much it thickened..fairly good for a drug store mascara...very good thickening..but didnt hold a curl good..but did make lashes nice and glossy and didnt flake at all.