April 24, 2014 | 1513 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like Mademoiselle, I really do. I just don't get the hype surrounding it. It's a really pretty color, a neutral pink/clear that just makes your nails look nice, polished, and put together. It's a cooler-toned pink, but I don't think this color could look bad on anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by KatePacher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't actually own this, because I always get my nails done at the salon. However, this is what I get on my nails 90% of the time- definitely my HG manicure color. A nice pale pink color that leaves my nails looking clean and professional. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 11:07:00 AM More reviews by prairiegirl2

This is the only nailpolish I have ever completely finished a bottle of! The same day, I purchased another bottle. It is the perfect, no-fuss, nails look lovely and groomed, long-lasting nailpolish I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 8:50:00 AM More reviews by emmeline24

My HG sheer pink nail polish! I've used it for about a year now and it's a staple in my home-manicure routine. One fashion magazine I read called it "pink mixed with clear" - and that's what it is. Just enough pink and shine to give my nails a healthy, natural tint. I do agree that it is too sheer for toes - perfect for natural, groomed hands. I recently refered a friend to this color and she loved it; interestingly enough, the color had a soft and pretty beige-pink tint against her olive skin. Staying power is awesome, too. After reading some reviews on MUA, I started using Essie Marshmallow (a sheer white) for my nail tips, followed by two coats of Mademoiselle. Talk about YNBB! My nails look done without that obvious "white-out" effect of a standard french manicure. (Thanks to MUA members for recommending this combination!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by glossmaven

This is the only nail polish I've ever fully used up. I absolutely adore this color and the classy look it imparts. It does take a couple of coats to see the pink on me, so I can see why it might seem clear on other people. It's perfect for a french manicure; I often alternate using this or Adore-A-Ball with Essie Blanc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 12:19:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Another winner from ESSIE. It's streak-free and long-lasting. My nails look like they just got a manicure at a spa. I love this nude look for my nails -- just perfect for work and a night out. I got this from a mini set, but I will purchase a full size bottle once I run out of the mini one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by clive

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful and clean. Someone commented on my French manicure today, but it was just 2 coats of Mademoiselle. It doesn't streak or look as "dry" as OPI's Bubble Bath, although they are pretty similar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 7:41:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Mademoiselle was okay (a little too milky for my taste) but for a YNBB look, I prefer OPI Privacy Please. It's not quite as pink and is more sheer, which works better with my skintone (olivey light-medium NC 20ish) and nails. I don't like milky nails. OPI also lasts longer and applies better. I thought I was crazy but I notice that others have mentioned how thin Essie polishes are. This makes application a little trickier, IMO. I love Essie's bottle design though. Just love it! Anyway, Mademoiselle is not a bad color, it's just not the only YNBB polish out there and I guess I really do prefer OPI's formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2006 7:02:00 PM More reviews by burk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color. It is a perfect, sheer pale pink neutral that perfectly evens out my nails. It is a wonderful YNBB color. I am very pale and if I had to choose just one nail polish, this might be the one. (This, or OPI's Passion, which is similar.) It is perfect for work, perfect for my upcoming bridal showers... well it's just perfect for me. It doesn't call attention to itself. It just looks like you have naturally gorgeous nails. If you're looking for a sheer neutral pink, you should try this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype about this being suitable for every skintone. I'm warm, tan, brown eyes, almost black hair. It was nothing more than clear on me. I RAOKed it away.