Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 1/8/2007 8:50:00 AM

Mademoiselle was okay for me...a little too milky for my taste and it applied thicker and pinker than I expected after 2 coats. And with one coat it looks like plain ole regular clear polish. I'm not fond of this color on me and don't find it very flattering. I'm so happy I did a trial run with the polish before the few interviews I have this week. I'm not having much luck with Essie. For reference, I'm GGG.

on 12/29/2006 2:16:00 PM

This is my French mani HG pink. Yes, it can be a little streaky, but I think most sheer, milky colors are. Perfect for a subtle French, though.

on 12/11/2006 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

384 Mademoiselle is a is a beautiful, sheer, pale nude pink. Very clean and natural.

on 12/9/2006 3:06:00 PM

This is a good nude, my-nails-but-better colour, a little warmer in tone than a cool pink. I have a bit of a problem with Essie brushes, I find that I have to take more time and care to make sure that I don't get any streaking, but for the most part my fears are unfounded and I end up with streak free even coverage. Interestingly, and what tips this into the stratosphere in my opinion is that I had a bottle of this knocking around in a bag with a load of other colours, half empty, hadn't used for at least a year, and when I tried it again it was perfect, not thick or goopy. Now that is quality!

on 11/29/2006 1:38:00 AM

I compared this to OPI's Bubble Bath which I absolutely adore for an effortless timeless look. This is just as good. The consistancy is lighter and the finish is sheerer and glossier. The difference is that Mademoiselle is a clearer milky pink whereas BB is a whiter milky pink and more opaque when layered. I still prefer BB but M comes in at second for sure. Both these polishes are must haves in my collection.

on 11/28/2006 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a brilliant shade for everyday. I have tried a lot of similar nude colours but this is the only one I have tried that doesn't look streaky. Easy to apply and always looks as if I've had a pro manicure! I bet this would look good on everyone. UPDATE!! I've just knocked a lippy off as I think this chips and peels too easily. For that it isn't really worth it,but I still really like the colour.

on 10/30/2006 3:38:00 PM

I wore this on my wedding day and it was perfect. It really is the best nude/pink that I have found. It goes on so easily too. It maches my pale skin and doesn't make me look washed out. I love this color!

on 10/24/2006 12:53:00 AM

Very sheer, milky color with the faintest touch of pink. Has a great shine and no shimmer at all. The texture is really watery, but somehow this doesn't streak at all. It took about two manis to figure out how to use this without having polish pool up at the sides of my nails--wipe, wipe, wipe that brush off after each dip. Apply two sheer coats and you get a lovely, understated color. Too much and it looks like you need iron supplements. This polish lasted about three or four days on me without incident (or top coat), then began peeling from the edges. Blech--will try with top coat next time. Love Essie's packaging, chic and easy to store. I am surprised this color works for me as this line of polishes tends to be difficult for me to work with.

on 10/1/2006 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Very nice pale pink, but I think this shade might be either too light or not sheer enough for me though - it just looks kind of milky (I used two coats). I used this on toes just now and I think it looks a bit off. I think I do better in deeper shades. Same great Essie packaging and formula though. These polishes are so long-lasting and glossy! I will not repurchase this shade, but will try other Essie polishes.

on 9/22/2006 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like Mademoiselle, I really do. I just don't get the hype surrounding it. It's a really pretty color, a neutral pink/clear that just makes your nails look nice, polished, and put together. It's a cooler-toned pink, but I don't think this color could look bad on anyone.

Top Rated Essie Products