September 20, 2014 | 831 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Juicy_TNA

I compared this to OPI's Bubble Bath which I absolutely adore for an effortless timeless look. This is just as good. The consistancy is lighter and the finish is sheerer and glossier. The difference is that Mademoiselle is a clearer milky pink whereas BB is a whiter milky pink and more opaque when layered. I still prefer BB but M comes in at second for sure. Both these polishes are must haves in my collection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by gal_26

This is a brilliant shade for everyday. I have tried a lot of similar nude colours but this is the only one I have tried that doesn't look streaky. Easy to apply and always looks as if I've had a pro manicure! I bet this would look good on everyone. UPDATE!! I've just knocked a lippy off as I think this chips and peels too easily. For that it isn't really worth it,but I still really like the colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

I wore this on my wedding day and it was perfect. It really is the best nude/pink that I have found. It goes on so easily too. It maches my pale skin and doesn't make me look washed out. I love this color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2006 12:53:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Very sheer, milky color with the faintest touch of pink. Has a great shine and no shimmer at all. The texture is really watery, but somehow this doesn't streak at all. It took about two manis to figure out how to use this without having polish pool up at the sides of my nails--wipe, wipe, wipe that brush off after each dip. Apply two sheer coats and you get a lovely, understated color. Too much and it looks like you need iron supplements. This polish lasted about three or four days on me without incident (or top coat), then began peeling from the edges. Blech--will try with top coat next time. Love Essie's packaging, chic and easy to store. I am surprised this color works for me as this line of polishes tends to be difficult for me to work with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2006 4:54:00 PM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice pale pink, but I think this shade might be either too light or not sheer enough for me though - it just looks kind of milky (I used two coats). I used this on toes just now and I think it looks a bit off. I think I do better in deeper shades. Same great Essie packaging and formula though. These polishes are so long-lasting and glossy! I will not repurchase this shade, but will try other Essie polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like Mademoiselle, I really do. I just don't get the hype surrounding it. It's a really pretty color, a neutral pink/clear that just makes your nails look nice, polished, and put together. It's a cooler-toned pink, but I don't think this color could look bad on anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by KatePacher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't actually own this, because I always get my nails done at the salon. However, this is what I get on my nails 90% of the time- definitely my HG manicure color. A nice pale pink color that leaves my nails looking clean and professional. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 11:07:00 AM More reviews by prairiegirl2

This is the only nailpolish I have ever completely finished a bottle of! The same day, I purchased another bottle. It is the perfect, no-fuss, nails look lovely and groomed, long-lasting nailpolish I have ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 8:50:00 AM More reviews by emmeline24

My HG sheer pink nail polish! I've used it for about a year now and it's a staple in my home-manicure routine. One fashion magazine I read called it "pink mixed with clear" - and that's what it is. Just enough pink and shine to give my nails a healthy, natural tint. I do agree that it is too sheer for toes - perfect for natural, groomed hands. I recently refered a friend to this color and she loved it; interestingly enough, the color had a soft and pretty beige-pink tint against her olive skin. Staying power is awesome, too. After reading some reviews on MUA, I started using Essie Marshmallow (a sheer white) for my nail tips, followed by two coats of Mademoiselle. Talk about YNBB! My nails look done without that obvious "white-out" effect of a standard french manicure. (Thanks to MUA members for recommending this combination!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by glossmaven

This is the only nail polish I've ever fully used up. I absolutely adore this color and the classy look it imparts. It does take a couple of coats to see the pink on me, so I can see why it might seem clear on other people. It's perfect for a french manicure; I often alternate using this or Adore-A-Ball with Essie Blanc.