September 1, 2014 | 1086 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by hk81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have naturally fair hair with blond highlights. My hair is thick but individual hairs are very fine - and bleaching has left the ends of my hair looking like a brittle crow's nest. I purchased Moroccan Oil Light hoping it wouldn't be too heavy my hair.

It def makes my hair oily and dulls the color even though I use less than a pea-sized amount for my shoulder-lenght hair. Now I use it as a conditioner, so I rinse my hair one more time after applying the product. It's mainly silicone, like others have noted, so it builds up to hair and after a rinse there's still enough to add some shine and make the hair soft. Even after rinsing my hair gets oily the next day. The silicone build-up doesn't flatter hair that is naturally straight and lacking volume.

I think this is a fabulous product for people with a thick/dark/curly hair, but if you have a straight blond hair you'll probably get better results with some other product. I use Moroccan Oil's Moisture Repair conditioner and it seems to be working well enough just on its own.

I probably won't be buying this product again even though I like the product range. It's just too much for my hair to handle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by macky1323

I love moroccan oil hair products. I have dark long, thick, wavy hair so it works well. I think it works best for people with dark, thicker hair because it is you know, oily. If you get moroccan oil cream in the pump bottle it would work better for finer, lighter hair. I found though if your just looking for just a hair oil, like the moroccan oil you can actually very easily make your own dirt cheap! This is what i do. Theres so many different combinations but just mix olive oil and coconut oil and thats what i use. You really could use any natural oils though. Like avacado, coconut, almond. It works just as good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I brought this because my hair has been fairly dry and my hairdresser recommend this to me the last time I went for a haircut. I finally decided to try this after reading in a magazine that Lauren Conrad uses this on her hair - (I know, I'm a bad impulse buyer), but I always liked how glossy her hair looked so I figured it was worth a try. I paid $60 NZD at my salon for this which is fairly expensive for a Uni student. I have been using this for almost one month now and my hair has never looked so shiny and healthy! You would think that being an oil it would be fairly heavy and greasy on your hair, but it is quite light-weight provided you use the right amount. I apply it after conditioning my hair and also before shampooing as recommend by the bottle. I love the way it leaves my hair - super soft! I can't stop touching it! I'm not too crazy about the smell though, but I can live with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by raindropz

love it! absorbs so quickly into damp hair and leaves it so soft and shiny. i managed to talk the salon down to $30 a bottle so it wasn't too pricy as it looks like it will last awhile. try to get one with a pump included!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Wow, this stuff is amazing! My hair has never felt so soft & silky! I have platinum blonde highlights on my naturally dark hair so you can imagine the damage the bleach causes, not to mention the amount of times I change my hair color =( And without this stuff, my hair looks frizzy & dry but with just a lil Moroccan Oil my hair looks so healthy! And I'm so happy it's sold @ Target now so it's super easy for me to find when I run out =) But you can also find the dupe of this @ Sally's Beauty called One N Only Argan oil for $10 and I heard it's just as good (almost the exact same ingredients!) P.S. You definitely need a good clarifying or purifying shampoo to remove product build up. Ironically the back of the Morrocan oil box guarantee's no build up?!? What a load of crap! This oil weighed down my hair a lot & I needed to get Pureology Clarifying shampoo to remove all the build up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by tiffany0794

I think that this product did make my hair healthier. However, it has not solved my dry ends. If I skip a day or two, my hair just goes back to it's damaged self. So obviously, this product is not a full-proof solution, it's just a temporary one. But it has been benefiting my hair more significantly compared to any masks I have tried. Hair masks for me, are also very temporary. So if I wanted to stick with this product, I would have to continue purchasing. It's definitely not a product that can erase all my problems after one or two bottles, which I find is a big disappointment and a way for the company to keep on earning money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love so much about this product! It makes my hair very shiny and soft. Not only that, it smells amazing. My boyfriend even commented that my hair smelled good and he rarely notices things like that! The only thing is that it's a bit spendy, I actually got it as a present from my mom and that's how I found this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried it on dry hair, damp hair, wet hair, before washing, after washing and both, tried one tiny drop and tried a handful - it's just a mediocre silicone serum with a whiff of argan oil in it. The color doesn't even come from the oil, it's artificial coloring, basically. It's overhyped to say the least. The shine is just mediocre, I get more from the Garnier sprays that come for $3 in 150 ml bottles. Moroccan oil does nothing, absolutely nothing THAT special. I get 1000x better results from Tigi Dream Drops, Shiny Happy People, Shine Blaster or Kerastase Lumiere and Chroma Riche, which all come in LARGE bottles and 1/2 price of Moroccan stuff and are way easier to use, less buildup (Moroccan builds up on hair like craaaazy), no dirty hair effect when OD and the shine is beautiful, they also don't pretend to be some exotic natural oil. Me isn't getting all the raves on Moroccan at all, but each hair is different or maybe people like the scent, which is pretty nice, but the only good thing about this hair serum.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Moroccan Oil! I tried it out a few times before buying it and knew I had to have a bottle of my own. I paid $41 (Canadian) for a 100ml bottle - and to my surprise, there was a pump inside the box! Awesome for home, and I still have the cap for travel. I can see why some people wouldn't like this product, but it all depends on your hair, so test it out first if you can. It makes my hair feel super light and soft, and looks really shiny. Love it! Don't want to live without it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Dayday00

This product makes wonder in my hair!
My hair are coarse and frizzy and everything.
Moroccan Oil dry my hair faster and also, they are less over the place/unmanageable !
When I don't use it, I can totally see the difference. My hair are way curly and frizzy!
I would like a packaging with a pump since it can be messy without it!