Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 8/2/2011 7:02:00 PM

I bought this originally for my three year old daughter who has very long curly hair. It cuts through her tangles instantly. But even more surprising is how smooth it made my own hair feel. I have straight but very frizzy hair and with this stuff, the frizz is less noticeable. I would give it a perfect rating but not for the fact that the day after I use it, my hair is in dire need of a shampoo. Prior to using this while styling, I could skip a day when shampooing. Otherwise, great!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It smells wonderful! My hair is soft, no frizz, shiny and light. It doesn't weight it down. I have been out of it for a while and can tell a huge difference! I've colored my hair for 25 years, and heat style every other day. I highly recommend this product. My stylist is always commenting on what great condition my hair is in!

on 7/31/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use the Moroccan Oil Light. I have very fine, blond hair. My natural hair is wavy/curly... I ususally wear it natural, but sometimes I straighten it.
I first used the oil on my wavy hair... I sprayed my heat protectant, and then took my palm flat, put the oil bottle against it, turned my palm over, then turned it over again and slid the bottle away... so it wasn't a dollop, but a flat, dime-sized drop.
I rubbed the product between my hands, starting at the ends and moved my way up. I then applied my mousse and curl cream, and blow dryed with a diffuser.
The result... was bouncy, shiny, sea waves and curls with no stiffness. It definitley gave my hair more body.
When I did this to straighten my hair... it gave me a lot more managability, a ton of shine and a lot of body.
I feel the price for what you get is super, super steep, but if you use it correctly, it will last for quite awhile.

on 7/30/2011 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This stuff has totally changed my hair!!! I have curly, frizzy hair and Moroccan Oil has made it sleek and smooth. It's even somehow managed to smooth out all my split ends. The'yre still a little rough but considering the shape they were in before I'm impressed. I know a lot of people have commented on the fact that there is silicone in here and it's not 100% Argan Oil, but honestly, I just don't care. It makes straightening my hair a breeze and most of the time it will blow dry into soft, silky waves without having to touch my flat iron. It is a little on the pricy side, but a little goes a long way and it's worth every penny.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not exactly all it's hyped to be, but still a good product for women with wavy, curly, thick, coarse, difficult to straighten hair. However there's better stuff out there. If you're looking for a good straightening lotion go for Redken's Align 12 over this. It's pricy but worth it for how long it lasts and how good it works.

on 7/28/2011 12:20:00 PM

It's ok, but not FAB. My hair is thick, coarse, and curly. Takes FOREVER to blow dry, and this did cut the time. However, I have used other products that work the same or better and are much less money. Scent is ok. Not annoying or offensive to me, and I am pretty sensitive to off scents. Won't buy again, but fun to try and a relief to know I am not missing out on something HUGE for me.
ETA: I have to use a LOT of this for it to work well. Quarter size or more. Yikes.

on 7/28/2011 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Greasy, unpleasant and I could not take the smell. A completely hyped product in my view. I don't even know how much organ oil it actually has.

on 7/28/2011 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really think this is a GREAT product that does live up to its hype. Given that, I'm surprised at the mixed reviews and wonder whether its only suitable for certain types of hair or whether others are using too much/ little..

I have thick long hair which is naturally wavy and dry. I've coloured my hair (and have been regularly for the last year after a very bad highlight job overseas - my hair is naturally dark and i ended up with very badly bleached blond streaks! I now dye my hair brown to even it out every 8 weeks or so) As I said I have naturally wavy dry hair so hair products are always something that I've taken seriously. My aunt told me when I was young that half of a womans beauty is in her hair and it stuck with me :)

I generally only use salon / professional products after years of research I've used various products including Kerastase, Tigi/ bedhead, Khiels, Aveda, Phyto, Divines, Redkin to name a few. So on that basis I would say that this of the best stying products I've ever used.

I use 1 pumps worth, through my ends and the remaining lightly through the rest of my hair. I then blow dry as normal. What I found is that my hair dries quicker (something I was told in my salon but thought was just sales hype - i didnt buy it from my salon but searched for the best price online). It's reduced my drying time by a third. I think the reason for this is because it makes my hair so much more managable, gripping the brush, less fly away etc (although it may also have a chemical effect on the hair itself too).

The end result - it makes my hair look shiney and healthy without weighing it down. But after my first blow dry I wondered whether it would make my hair oily or look like it needed washing sooner. So far after three washes and uses it hasn't. Generally I wash my hair every third day and by the 3rd day it does start looking flat - however with MO I found that it isn't looking as flat! I know this sounds a bit redicious but I put this down to the fact that I now don't need to pull my straighters out to defrizz it on the second day, its stays smooth and bouncy, it doesn't frizz like it normally does due to wheather or moisture exposure from being in the shower.

So honestly this has resolved my styling issues and i'm really happy with it - great looking shiny bouncy hair, not looking flat on the 2nd/ 3rd day which means i'm not drying my hair out with washing and blow drying, less frizz so less need to pull the straighters out, and quicker drying/ styling.

I wonder whether the origional pure argon oil works in the same way? Its a lot cheaper than the moroccon oil brand which is blended with other ingredients. I may have a go with pure argon to see if it works the same way. The only thing that put me off is the thought of greasy looking hair.

on 7/27/2011 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First a bit on my hair: I have long, super straight hair which I dye every 8 weeks or so. I do not over process my hair, but I used to in the past. I am a huge fan of this brand and loving all of their products, especially this one. I'm on my 2. bottle of this, and it is amazing.

The packaging on my first bottle wasn't too great, because they didn't come with a pump when I first bought mine. On this bottle there is, and it is so helpful. I need one full pump to cover the entire skirt of my hair, which I apply to my hair when it's damp. I do not use this every time I wash my hair though, I use it every other time, and then for the other days I use the Joico K-pak leave-in-reconstructor. That way I get a perfect match between reconstruction and moisture.

This leaves my hair feeling soft, silky, moisturized, as well as giving me shine that doesn't look greasy. I have not had any problems with this product what so ever, it has not made my hair brittle like someone else here had experiences, doesn't make my hair oily/greasy, it smells divine (although it is a bit strong, so either you love it or you hate it) it holds hairstyles in place...it is a miracle product. My biggest hair sin is that I love to blow-dry my hair, and with this product I can without over-damaging my hair because heat makes the product sink much deeper into the hair strand.

I can't say much for how it helps save already damaged hair cos my hair was in pretty good condition when I started using it, but I like to use to prevent damage as my hair is now starting to get pretty long and needs the extra care. This is a staple in my hair care regimen, and along with good shampoos/conditioners, leave-in products and hair masks, this makes my hair look pretty good if I may say so myself :p People do compliment me on my hair, so I must be doing something right and I think this product is a huge part of that "right".

The only downside as I see it, is that it is so expensive. 30 is a lot of money, especially on a tight student budget. luckily a little goes a long way and the bottle lasts for ages. This can also be used as a hair mask by just applying quite a lot and mixing it with your regular conditioner, which is great.

edit: After a half-year use I found that it doesn't do anything any more... It's so weird, like it just stopped working and just sits on top of the hairstrands and wont absorb. Removed a lippy for that.

on 7/27/2011 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

hmmm...I wanted to love this product...but I just think it is seriously overrated and has done nothing for my hair....
I blow dry my hair and hot roll it, then finish it off with a tiny bit of straightening iron, every other day...eeekkk...Its alot of processes....and I'm well aware of that.
I needed something to take care of flyaways and make it easier to style. I guess I believed this oil would also heal my hair and take care of some of the split ends. I applied it every other day and rubbed it in while my hair was wet.
It might have worked well for one week, but I didn't notice it working anymore and my hair was still pretty dry from these processes...maybe worse so over time.

I've switched over to coconut oil for a few weeks and it does a much, much better job. I noticed the split ends are less and less to the point of where they are pretty much almost gone (like they were before I discovered Moroccan Oil) and my hair looks and seems healther. I'll keep using the coconut oil.
I won't fall for these gimmicks anymore...Simple is just better when it comes to hair and skin.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products