Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 7/27/2011 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First a bit on my hair: I have long, super straight hair which I dye every 8 weeks or so. I do not over process my hair, but I used to in the past. I am a huge fan of this brand and loving all of their products, especially this one. I'm on my 2. bottle of this, and it is amazing.

The packaging on my first bottle wasn't too great, because they didn't come with a pump when I first bought mine. On this bottle there is, and it is so helpful. I need one full pump to cover the entire skirt of my hair, which I apply to my hair when it's damp. I do not use this every time I wash my hair though, I use it every other time, and then for the other days I use the Joico K-pak leave-in-reconstructor. That way I get a perfect match between reconstruction and moisture.

This leaves my hair feeling soft, silky, moisturized, as well as giving me shine that doesn't look greasy. I have not had any problems with this product what so ever, it has not made my hair brittle like someone else here had experiences, doesn't make my hair oily/greasy, it smells divine (although it is a bit strong, so either you love it or you hate it) it holds hairstyles in place...it is a miracle product. My biggest hair sin is that I love to blow-dry my hair, and with this product I can without over-damaging my hair because heat makes the product sink much deeper into the hair strand.

I can't say much for how it helps save already damaged hair cos my hair was in pretty good condition when I started using it, but I like to use to prevent damage as my hair is now starting to get pretty long and needs the extra care. This is a staple in my hair care regimen, and along with good shampoos/conditioners, leave-in products and hair masks, this makes my hair look pretty good if I may say so myself :p People do compliment me on my hair, so I must be doing something right and I think this product is a huge part of that "right".

The only downside as I see it, is that it is so expensive. 30 is a lot of money, especially on a tight student budget. luckily a little goes a long way and the bottle lasts for ages. This can also be used as a hair mask by just applying quite a lot and mixing it with your regular conditioner, which is great.

edit: After a half-year use I found that it doesn't do anything any more... It's so weird, like it just stopped working and just sits on top of the hairstrands and wont absorb. Removed a lippy for that.

on 7/27/2011 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

hmmm...I wanted to love this product...but I just think it is seriously overrated and has done nothing for my hair....
I blow dry my hair and hot roll it, then finish it off with a tiny bit of straightening iron, every other day...eeekkk...Its alot of processes....and I'm well aware of that.
I needed something to take care of flyaways and make it easier to style. I guess I believed this oil would also heal my hair and take care of some of the split ends. I applied it every other day and rubbed it in while my hair was wet.
It might have worked well for one week, but I didn't notice it working anymore and my hair was still pretty dry from these processes...maybe worse so over time.

I've switched over to coconut oil for a few weeks and it does a much, much better job. I noticed the split ends are less and less to the point of where they are pretty much almost gone (like they were before I discovered Moroccan Oil) and my hair looks and seems healther. I'll keep using the coconut oil.
I won't fall for these gimmicks anymore...Simple is just better when it comes to hair and skin.

on 7/25/2011 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Mmmm, I'm not that impressed. Didn't do much difference to my hair and the smell was alright. Maybe this would work better for someone with textured hair?? Will not repurchase.

on 7/25/2011 4:24:00 PM

I have super thick, slighty coarse naturally curly hair that I get professionally colored every 8 weeks. My hair can have a tendency to be dry and frizzy, and not always shiny. Moroccanoil has helped me keep it shiny, sleek and healthy looking even though I straighten it every few days. Plus, even with all my hair a small bottle lasts for months. However, when this bottle runs out I think I am going to try the Kerastase version, because my stylist used it on me and I liked the scent a lot better, and my hair appeared to get less oily over a few days with no washing.

The only bummer is that the bottle, even when sealed properly to avoid a mess, can leak badly during air travel. Mine leaked all over my toiletry bag while I was traveling and I had none left to do my hair with. Thankfully the salon in the hotel I stayed at had it in stock, and I made sure to travel with it in my carry-on during the trip home!

on 7/20/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this a while back but I moved on to ultimate elixir oil by kerastase which is far more superior! First off I have mix textured hair so I love moisture. I bought this over a yr back and used it consistently for 6 months. My hair is nice and long and I noticed that in the beginning my hair had great shine to it but as the months went by no bueno!!! My Luxurious locks werent so shiny and seemed and my hair was just weird. Even ppl I knew were like what's up with your hair. I knew it was the oil contributing. Months ago when ordering products this lady mentioned that Moroccan oil was not all the hype bc the silicone in it makes your hair dry hard over time and become a little strawish. What she said is what I experienced!!! My hair went from fab to flab! My hair is once again amazing since I switched! One thing I can say is beware of silicone products.

on 7/14/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I refer this product as a "GOY" product. GET OVER YOURSELF Product. Adding a nice smell & upping the price does not qualify this as a great product. NEXT!

on 7/7/2011 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought into the hype and tried this, despite the ridiculous price tag. I guess I am in the minority, but I found the smell to be very strong and offensive. And it lingers all day long. But I thought that I could deal with the smell if the benefits were as amazing as claimed. I found that this seems to work well at first, but then built up over time and made my hair worse than before. And I had to be careful how much I used because it could make my hair flat and greasy.

I recently found Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Restorative Oil (it also contains argan oil). It smooths, adds shine, conditions, protects and reduces drying time (all at a much more reasonable price). It truly is an amazing product. If you were less than thrilled with Moroccan Oil, give Joico a try.

on 7/5/2011 6:16:00 PM

expensive but last's forever! a little goes a long way and it does help. shouldnt leave hair sticky etc if correct amount is used. My only gripe is having to pour the oil into my hand, would be easier if it had a pump. Maybe they're ment to come with a pump? Mine didn't.

This product was alright. I have bleached hair, so it's pretty damaged but not horrible. I use this and it does make a difference but at the same time it's hard to blow dry or style with this in my hair because my hair gets hard and sticky at the ends. I'm guessing it's from the heat of the blowdryer.

I don't know if other people have problems with this. I know it's from this because this is the only thing in my routine that has changed. I've tried using less of the product but it's still the same. Once my hair air dries it's fine, but it's still aggravating. I'm guessing this product just leaves buildup.

I find jojoba oil to be really good for my hair and it's for a quarter of the price.

on 6/26/2011 4:30:00 PM

Who would believe that this stuff would work on fine, moderately thin hair. Well, it does. I use a pea sized amount, and work it in to my shoulder length hair, but not the scalp. It adds shine and maneageablilty. I think I will never be without this product. It lasts forever.

Popular Hair Products