Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 2/8/2010 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This brush is simply wonderful for applying mineral or powder foundation; It offers sheerer coverage than a kabuki, fuller coverage than a fluffy powder brush, and a more even handed, targeted application than either. I know this is marketed as a blusher, and I'm sure it performs beautifully for that purpose as well, but I absolutely adore it for powdered foundation. The entire Kashuk Tools line is so lovely. The sleek, ergonomic handles with matching ferrules are elegant and easy to handle, and the quality of the bristles is really extraordinary, considering the price point. What's that? Drugstore brushes that make my face look flawless, feel like silk on my skin, AND look stunning on my vanity? Why, thank you, Target! I'll take all of them, please!

EDIT: I just bought another of these; my boyfriend does theater and he "borrowed" my old one to apply his stage makeup. He says mineral foundations wear much better under stage lighting! So cute. Anyway, after a week without this brush I had to go get another. It is literally the most important beauty tool in my arsenal. I recently found that it stipples liquid and cream foundations beautifully as well.

on 2/8/2010 1:24:00 AM

After reading the glowing reviews for this brush I couldn't resist giving it a try, and I'm so glad I did! It's true, the brush is super soft and give a beautiful finish for liquid foundation (I used Revlon Colorstay). The handle is a little funky, but very pretty. Also the price was pretty reasonable considering the quality of the bristles and the handle. I have yet to find a Sonia Kashuk brush I don't like (but I only own 3) :-) The only reason I give it 4/5 lippies is because the head of the brush is a little small, so it takes a bit of time to do a full face (but it is meant to be a blush-brush, after all, so I can't blame the company). If you can afford $15 for a new brush, treat yourself and give this one a try!

I use this for contouring and it works amazing. Mac Blunt in conjunction with this is my fav bc a little goes a long way.

on 2/4/2010 8:36:00 PM

After reading all of the reviews on this brush, I had to try it. I have to say, it's pretty amazing! I tried it with my liquid foundation and it made my face look pretty much flawless. I am a MUA and normally use either a flat foundation brush, or a sponge on my myself as well as my clients, but I will def plan on using this brush in the future. As a matter of fact, I went back out to my Target this afternoon to buy another one and they were sold out. I will be heading out to another Target tomorrow!

on 2/4/2010 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is seriously the Messiah of brushes. I am not even kidding. This applies my MAC Studio Fluid Fix like a dream. I used to have to really baby it to prevent streaks or visible brush strokes and experimented with all sorts of application techniques and tools, like a damp sponge, a dry sponge, and MAC brushes 190, 168, and 187, not to mention a Jane Iredale and a couple other brands and shapes. Nothing has ever applied it as flawlessly as this puppy right here, or as easily. When I used it for the first time, I applied a little foundation to my forehead and swept it across the skin and literally said, "OH HOLY SHI-." It was that good. I daresay it looked airbrushed. And on top of that, the whole job took under a minute to apply it to perfection. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this bad boy.

I use the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Blusher Brush to apply blush--it's perfect for creating a pop of color on the apples of the cheeks. This brush has super-soft, dense bristles and doesn't shed in my experience (I've washed it many times now).

Of my few blush brushes, this and my Sonia Kashuk Highlighting Brush (AKA "The Skunkicorn") are by far my favorites. continued >>

on 1/30/2010 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite brush!! I'm also using it for my foundation and it saved me from tossing my Peter Thomas Roth foundation. I couldn't get a natural looking application with my normal foundation brush, so it got pushed to the back of my makeup closet. I used this brush with the same foundation, and now I couldn't be happier! I'd never go back to a flat brush for my foundation, it helps acheive that flawless complexion without tons of products and effort!

on 1/30/2010 8:11:00 AM

I love this brush! Almost all of my makeup brushes cost $30 and up and out of those I would say that 60-70% shed horribly, especially the face brushes. This brush costs under $20, it works wonderfully and it doesn't shed, I don't really know what else to say but that this brush is awesome! I get even distribution of makeup when using it to apply blush on the apples of my cheeks, it also works really well to blend out blush/highlighters and the best part is I don't have to go back and pick tiny hairs off my face. I would most definitely buy this brush again and I would definitely recommend it to others!!!

on 1/30/2010 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I can't say enough about this brush! I've had it for a couple of months now and it's still in excellent condition. The brush has not lost any fibers and I wash my brushes multiple times a week. This was a great purchase and I recommend this to anyone who needs a awesome brush without putting a dent in the wallet. Also I've only used my brush for blush, it's perfect for the apples of you cheeks.

on 1/30/2010 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the ONLY brush i have EVER liked for my foundations. And i have about 5 different foundation brushes. I know its for blush but it smooths on foundation like no other without smearing it all around. I find those flattish round brushes just dont give me enough coverage and are streaky. This brush gives me a flawless application. And gives me tons of coverage. Sometimes too much cover so you have to be careful. I get a bit heavy handed with my foundation at times. Because i'd like to have flawless skin. I really dont think its necessary to even use a powder after applying liquid foundation with this because it applies so well and flawlessly. I find my face looks cakey after i apply powder on top of my foundation. I do wish it was a bit bigger though.. It takes awhile to get your whole face since is only about an inch or a half inch wide. It's also a bit hard to clean but i dont find my brush taking 2 days to dry its dries enough overnight for me. The price is a bit high but worth it.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products