October 2, 2014 | 1357 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes ma'am, this brush is worth the hype and then some. I can't count how many types of brushes I've tried to apply my liquid foundations. Not liking any of them, I was reduced to using my fingers and settling for uneven coverage. More recently, I'd even begun to use powder foundation exclusively. At least it didn't look streaky.

Not any more. I took this new brush, poured out a bit of my (drugstore) foundation, and stippled it all around my face, then blended by area. Oh, my. Perfectly even coverage--even on my nose--in less than one minute flat! Since the brush soaked up so little foundation, I dried it on a Kleenex and then used it to apply powder blush and blend away the blush edge demarcations with a bit of translucent powder.

I am blown away. Color me surprised. 10 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by petitepoire

This is the best freaking brush for cream blushes. i got tired of applying cream blushes with my fingers and i hate how foundation brushes apply blush. This brush is PERFECT. it's a densely packed flat top brush and it's made of synthetic fibers which is perfect for liquids and creams. it applies cream blushes perfectly giving a beautiful flush without any streaking or striping. i would recommend this to anyone who wants a good brush on a budget. it's $15 at Target which is a little high for Target prices but it's more than half the price of a MAC brush. i think it's totally worth the price because it's really well made. i'm thinking about buying a second one to use with foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by gobearson3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is wonderful for cream and liquid makeup application. I have one for applying my tinted moisturizer and one for cream blushes. It is a soft and densely bristled brush that does a great job of blending liquids into my skin and making me look almost airbrushed. I just spread a little TM on my face and then buff it into my skin in small strokes. Its small size makes it easy to work around my nose and under my eyes.

I suggest getting several, because it takes a very long time for the brushes to dry out after you wash them, they are so dense. I've washed these several times and it can take a few rinses to get all of the makeup out of the bristles. I haven't had any trouble with fallout and I can imagine this brush lasting a very long time. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Sailormoon999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I heard that it is good for foundation in Youtube so when I bought my first Fix Fluid I had to run to Target and buy this brush too!

It is so soft and dense but not too soft, very perfect to use for liquid foundation, it just buffs it away for an even look, no masky foundation face anymore!

I wouldn't buy this product again, maybe in a long time JUST BECAUSE IT IS SO WELL MADE!!! The handle and sturdy and very ergonomic, no slipping or slidding, it gives you complete control over your movements. I LOVE THIS BRUSH!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i LOVE this brush. i never understood the hype about makeup brushes - especially after eyeballing the price of MAC and Clinique brushes. until i bought a nice eyeshadow brush and noticed a huge difference in application and softness.

a have all different brands of m/u brushes.. and quite a few Sonia Kashuk brushes - and am pretty impressed.

this brush is ridiculously soft - and makes buffing in powder or cream foundation a snap. also great to throw some color on my cheeks in a hurry :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by xAngelFluffx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i use this brush for powder and powder foundation and for blush. its amazing, picks up product well. It doesn't shed when i wash it. its synthetic and so so soft. for the price, this brush is well worth it. the packaging is really good too. UPDATE! i see alot of ppl saying it takes FOREVER to dry, heres a tip, i use a hairdryer and move my fingers through the bristles, this helps it dry faster!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As always, Sonia Kashuk has made a brush with high end quality, at a (relatively) low end price. I use this brush with my Tarte cheek stains, and it gives a wonderfully subtle airbrushed finish. Also love the ergonomic handle and soft bristles. Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cabrown19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Great Product!

It really applies your foundation fully and nicely. Picks up plenty of product and gives you an almost airbrush look. It's nice and soft...I mean SOFT.
Yeah, it's around $15 but MAC and other brands are FAR more expensive. You definitely get your money's worth

Also, I suggest checking out her other brushes. Many of them are of laos of great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by justpassingthrough

I finally got this brush, and yes I like it! I haven't seen another like it from other brands. It's excellent for applying my liquid foundation, I think it's shaped better than a regular foundation brush. As well it doesn't absorb a lot of products, but instead buffs it into my skin. I also like the shape of the handle, it really fits into my hands. The packaging protects it well, but was a bit hard to open--oh well. Great all round!
A Few Weeks Later--I've gone back to using my Ecotools foundation brush for Foundation, since I found it gives a better finish and reaches small areas. But I still use this brush for cream blushes, and find that it is the best way to apply them and buff them into my skin. Better than fingers or skunk brush. Still love!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaVita323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great, great foundation brush. I get so many compliments on my foundation. I prefer it over my MAC 187 for liquids, actually. No shedding, the brush has held up beautifully in my bag. It's so soft ! I wouldn't buy this product again because I'll probably never have to repurchase !