Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

on 5/22/2009 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

ETA: 11/17/2010 - I have to edit my review because I bought the large EDP bottle and ended up HATING it. It smelled like cheap laundry detergent and was so pungent it made me sick. Even my mother hated it and complained of how strongly it smelled. Fortunately I swapped this one away. Initially I thought it was because I accidentally purchased the EDP instead of the EDT, but I went to Sephora to try the EDT and it still had the same cheap detergent smell to it.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I've been using this for the past week, thanks to a generous friend who gave me a stash of makeup/skincare/fragrance samples she'd been hoarding for me. It came in a paper beige envelope with brown writing. I was not expecting much from this fragrance, but it was love at first spritz. It's girly but not over the top girly, and the dry down has notes of amber. It works with my body chemistry and I could see it becoming a staple scent for me when my usual standby (Stella by Stella McCartney) is too heavy.

on 5/14/2009 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Last summer I received a sample of this and I fell in love with it. I finally decided to splurge and bought the full 1.5 oz bottle last week for $94. Not a very big bottle, but I anticipate that with daily use, it should last be at least 6 months. It is a wonderful rosy, floral scent that is not at all overwhelming, but oh so lovelyyy. I can't get enough of it. I feel so good whenever I get a whiff of it during the day.
The only complain I have is that it is extremely expensive, but worth it, I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Adorable packaging, outstanding smell (read: extraordinary). Lychee, spices! its an exciting and spicy scent! will love it if the price tag isn't so big....

on 5/3/2009 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

my favorite perfume of all times...my mother in law gave me one on my last birthday and it comes with a travel size bottle and the lotion.
the packaging is brilliant and girly sexy. love this product : )

This is my fave fave fave perfume! I wear it all the time, doesn't matter to me whether this is day day time or night time perfume.

Whenever I wear it people compliment me and my friends have gone out and purchased it after they smelled this on me!

The bottle is absolutely gorgeous but it is very pricey. I hope they come in travel size (like Chanel does) so that I can carry it everywhere with me.

Will definitely repurchase.

on 4/15/2009 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Oh boy, does anyone else get bug spray? I put my nose to my wrist and I smell bug spray then nothing. Either I sprayed from a bad tester or my skin chemistry really doesn't like this fragrance. Too bad.....the bottle's so cute.

on 4/14/2009 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my new everyday perfume...which is unfortunate because it's rather expensive, but I just can't get enough of it. I totally agree with previous posters who've said men love it; my best boy friend spends a lot of time sniffing me when I wear it, but he seems to think it's just a "me" smell rather than a perfume, which says it all really - this is not a synthetic smelling fragrance, it's just natural and delicious. As always though, YMMV, so try before you buy.

on 4/13/2009 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

When I first smelled this on myself, I absolutely fell in love with the scent. I bought this the day before Christmas, so it was nice and cold outside, and this scent just enveloped me like a beautiful blanket of prettiness. After a couple of days, though, Chloe kind of started losing its allure to me. It was still a pretty scent, but that almost-magical feeling it gave me when I first spritzed it on was gone.

This scent works beautifully for me if I only wear it every now and then. It's definitely not an every day scent. Also, I wore some the other day when it was warm outside, and I really did not care for the overbearing, almost sharp florals that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

So yes, this is a beautiful winter perfume for special occasions, and yes, the bottle is absolutely adorable. I would probably repurchase if I ran out and had plenty of cash to spend, but I don't think I will run out anytime soon.

on 4/9/2009 8:52:00 PM

I admit to sniffing and sampling this offering for weeks before taking the plunge and adding it to my collection. I had read that Chandler Burr did not think much of it and gave it 1 star. Chandler Burr knows a thing or two about fragrance .

Michel Almairac is the perfumer for this scent. I did not know what to make of it at first - it's a very sparkling fresh, sweet, rose scent - like rose scented sparkling white wine - it has good lasting power and sillage. It's not really my style . It's girly and frilly but not very sexy. It's more 'twinset' and ballet pumps .

I don't think I will buy this again as this bottle will last me forever. 4 stars for the perfume but 10 stars for the gorgeous bottle !

on 4/7/2009 7:30:00 PM

I fell in love with this scent the first time I smelled it in a magazine sample.

$85 is a lot for perfume (for me), but I took the plunge after deciding that if I couldn't graduate with honors, I could at least be the best-smelling girl at graduation.

Also, being a Boston resident gives me an unfair advantage - we have a Saks here (Chloe EDP is only sold there at at their boutiques).

This perfume is unique, a quality you absolutely don't see in perfumes anymore, and I don't mind paying for a fragrance that *smells* like it's worth it.

My only complaint is the metal on the bottle can get ugly with time, but then I am the sort of girl who carries her perfume bottle in her handbag. This one is meant for the boudoir!

Popular Fragrances