August 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Chloe goes on brash, dries quickly to a metallic floral, like the inside of a cedar jewelry box splashed long ago with French cologne. Rather nice and pretty. I probably won't seek it out, but I will use up my sample.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by snoopy126

This is the only scent I wear right now. It's just so chic. I was hesitant to try it at first because I was told it had a rose note but I don't find it cloying. It is very subtle. I can wear this anytime and don't have to worry about offending anyone with a strong scent. It's very sophisticated. The bottle is so beautiful I had to take a picture of it sitting on my vanity. The dispenser hasn't clogged up either.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by LionButterfly

I was looking for a new scent and this one is definitely IT for me! It's very sophisticated and classy, but you definitely could wear it every day. I can't make the notes out in this fragrance, but all I can say is that it is not overpowering and has something very unique about it! I got it for my bday in November and I just can't get enough of it!
I also love the packaging, it is simple, yet classy!

UPDATE: For me, I have to say that this will be a scent for colder months. As it got warmer, the scent changed on my skin and started smelling like Escape by Calvin Klein, which is ok, but not the scent I know. One lippie of for that one, otherwise, it's till a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by tayenka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

Love it! Checked it out when everyone started raving about it, and wasn't sure I'd like it, but boy, was it love from first smell!!! It's classy, clean-smelling (but not powdery), it's coldish, but not cold (so good for summer and winter), and just... fresh (but still feminine). Sweet freshness... Of the sophisticated kind. I like that I can wear it all seasons - since it's too hot here during the summer to wear my favourite J'adore and cold enough during the winter to avoid too-cold smelling perfumes. One of my favourites!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by JanM

In the heady excitement of an online auction I bid and won a gift set of this - EDP (75mls + 5mls) + body lotion (200mls) and then thought I had better go and try the fragrance to see if I liked it or not........whoops.
I had gone for this based on the reviews on MUA. I had always bi-passed Chloe in the shops, I think it was because of not being a fan of Chloe Sevigny, I don't know why I'm not a fan, but somehow her unscrutable image beside the undoubtably beautifully packaged bottle just put me off.
So this morning I hotfooted it off to Boots to have a good sniff.
Now to me this is fresh and light, and for the first ~ 20mins has a harsher note of some of the modern fragrances around now, not unpleasant, just not soft. However it has dried down to a very soft and gentle rose fragrance. Others have likened it to Stella and I would agree, but whilst I bought Stella, I never wore it, it had a sour note on my skin. This sourness has not happened with Chloe, and some 4hrs later it is still soft and wearable.
I am not a huge fan of rose in general, but this is gentle enough for me and there is a warmth to the scent without being heady. I feel as if I could reapply constantly if necessary and it would never be to much - as I can be a bit heavy handed with scents that is a bonus.
Probably a spring/summer scent, but that is fine by me.
Thankyou to all the helpful reviews on MAU which made my impulse buy successful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by acegirl1

I am not a perfume person but I met up with a friend for drinks one night and I couldn't get over how fresh and clean she smelled!! I asked her what she was wearing and she said Chloe. I had to have it. I have the body lotion, shower gel and perfume and I use it everyday. It is a fresh clean sophisticated beautiful scent. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by karleigh18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i LOVE this scent! its pure luxory in a bottle. this perfume is perfect for women who like to smell CLEAN but not of babies/powder/soap. this smells like very delicate yet has great lasting power and u get wafts of it thoughout the day if u spray it on your wrists. i work on a beauty & fragrance counter, and at christmas this was the first scent i recommended to flustered husbands buying their wives gifts. and you kno what..? the men went CRAZY for it and bought the big 100ml 52 bottles :-) i love wearing this perfume, i love the way the smell doesnt change. the drydown is the same crisp, clean soft scent as the first spray. love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!! even though i drain the testers at work every day, i have purchased a giftset for myself at home..... and the body lotion is so pampering! my next bonus im going to get the shower gel.... mmmmm!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Waylea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so addicted to this perfume. It's floral, classy, sophisticated and very feminine. Not too overpowering either. It doesn't last quite as long on me as I would hope so I tend to layer it with the body lotion. This is quite expensive if you buy alone so the gift set from Saks, which includes lotion, the EDP, and a tiny travel size one, is better bang for your bucks. The body lotion has a stronger note of lychee than the perfume. If put on too much, it'll take away the magic of the EDP itself. The bottle is very classy as well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by pitseleh7

I have been a Stella girl for years, but I felt like I needed more options, so I asked for this fragrance for Christmas. I had originally smelled it in a magazine and couldn't stop sticking my nose in between the pages! I love this scent; it's perfect for brightening up any cold, gloomy day. Stella will always be my husband but Chloe can be my lover. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by nordhimmel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't think I would have picked this up, since it's so outrageously expensive, but that's what swaps are for, right? I also hadn't smelled this before, so I knew I was taking a gamble, but I read an article about it on NowSmellThis (great website if you're into fragrances), and I figured it would be worth it. I'm so happy that I swapped for this. I'm not great at describing fragrances, but it's a very classy, yet somewhat 'cold' interpretation of rose. This is totally a "wear this with your woolens, cashmere and scarf" fragrance, which is great, because in Michigan, our winters last pretty darn long. Despite being 'cold', that slight amber note warms it up a little and provides another dash of luxury. The bottle is just too cute and looks great sitting on my vanity. I'm going to go hunt for the matching body products, as this is also a scent that would be so great to layer. A great addition to any fragrance wardrobe.