October 20, 2014 | 1905 users online

Fragrances - Chloe - Chloe (EDP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I won't buy this product again, but wld love to receive this again! It was a gift straight out from singapore duty-free airport shopping. So i had the pleasure of wearing it before it hits retail stores ~ heeeee ~ Anyways, the fragance is a deep floral..sexy & feminine. I can smell rose & jasmine with a vanilla wrapping, it's just awesomely beautiful. A definite distinctive smell like chanel wld do with it's frangrances. A new IT scent. Lovin it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Chloe goes on brash, dries quickly to a metallic floral, like the inside of a cedar jewelry box splashed long ago with French cologne. Rather nice and pretty. I probably won't seek it out, but I will use up my sample.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by snoopy126

This is the only scent I wear right now. It's just so chic. I was hesitant to try it at first because I was told it had a rose note but I don't find it cloying. It is very subtle. I can wear this anytime and don't have to worry about offending anyone with a strong scent. It's very sophisticated. The bottle is so beautiful I had to take a picture of it sitting on my vanity. The dispenser hasn't clogged up either.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by LionButterfly

I was looking for a new scent and this one is definitely IT for me! It's very sophisticated and classy, but you definitely could wear it every day. I can't make the notes out in this fragrance, but all I can say is that it is not overpowering and has something very unique about it! I got it for my bday in November and I just can't get enough of it!
I also love the packaging, it is simple, yet classy!

UPDATE: For me, I have to say that this will be a scent for colder months. As it got warmer, the scent changed on my skin and started smelling like Escape by Calvin Klein, which is ok, but not the scent I know. One lippie of for that one, otherwise, it's till a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by tayenka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

Love it! Checked it out when everyone started raving about it, and wasn't sure I'd like it, but boy, was it love from first smell!!! It's classy, clean-smelling (but not powdery), it's coldish, but not cold (so good for summer and winter), and just... fresh (but still feminine). Sweet freshness... Of the sophisticated kind. I like that I can wear it all seasons - since it's too hot here during the summer to wear my favourite J'adore and cold enough during the winter to avoid too-cold smelling perfumes. One of my favourites!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by JanM

In the heady excitement of an online auction I bid and won a gift set of this - EDP (75mls + 5mls) + body lotion (200mls) and then thought I had better go and try the fragrance to see if I liked it or not........whoops.
I had gone for this based on the reviews on MUA. I had always bi-passed Chloe in the shops, I think it was because of not being a fan of Chloe Sevigny, I don't know why I'm not a fan, but somehow her unscrutable image beside the undoubtably beautifully packaged bottle just put me off.
So this morning I hotfooted it off to Boots to have a good sniff.
Now to me this is fresh and light, and for the first ~ 20mins has a harsher note of some of the modern fragrances around now, not unpleasant, just not soft. However it has dried down to a very soft and gentle rose fragrance. Others have likened it to Stella and I would agree, but whilst I bought Stella, I never wore it, it had a sour note on my skin. This sourness has not happened with Chloe, and some 4hrs later it is still soft and wearable.
I am not a huge fan of rose in general, but this is gentle enough for me and there is a warmth to the scent without being heady. I feel as if I could reapply constantly if necessary and it would never be to much - as I can be a bit heavy handed with scents that is a bonus.
Probably a spring/summer scent, but that is fine by me.
Thankyou to all the helpful reviews on MAU which made my impulse buy successful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by acegirl1

I am not a perfume person but I met up with a friend for drinks one night and I couldn't get over how fresh and clean she smelled!! I asked her what she was wearing and she said Chloe. I had to have it. I have the body lotion, shower gel and perfume and I use it everyday. It is a fresh clean sophisticated beautiful scent. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by karleigh18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i LOVE this scent! its pure luxory in a bottle. this perfume is perfect for women who like to smell CLEAN but not of babies/powder/soap. this smells like very delicate yet has great lasting power and u get wafts of it thoughout the day if u spray it on your wrists. i work on a beauty & fragrance counter, and at christmas this was the first scent i recommended to flustered husbands buying their wives gifts. and you kno what..? the men went CRAZY for it and bought the big 100ml 52 bottles :-) i love wearing this perfume, i love the way the smell doesnt change. the drydown is the same crisp, clean soft scent as the first spray. love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!! even though i drain the testers at work every day, i have purchased a giftset for myself at home..... and the body lotion is so pampering! my next bonus im going to get the shower gel.... mmmmm!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Waylea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so addicted to this perfume. It's floral, classy, sophisticated and very feminine. Not too overpowering either. It doesn't last quite as long on me as I would hope so I tend to layer it with the body lotion. This is quite expensive if you buy alone so the gift set from Saks, which includes lotion, the EDP, and a tiny travel size one, is better bang for your bucks. The body lotion has a stronger note of lychee than the perfume. If put on too much, it'll take away the magic of the EDP itself. The bottle is very classy as well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by pitseleh7

I have been a Stella girl for years, but I felt like I needed more options, so I asked for this fragrance for Christmas. I had originally smelled it in a magazine and couldn't stop sticking my nose in between the pages! I love this scent; it's perfect for brightening up any cold, gloomy day. Stella will always be my husband but Chloe can be my lover. :)