August 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2004 10:46:00 PM More reviews by rach124

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an okay concealer. The consistency is surprisingly nice--smooth but not greasy. The tube is really convienent to use. I got it in Neutralizer, which I thought would look white and unnatrual but actually blends really well as long as it's used with foundation. But it just isn't enough for my undereye circles and redness. It also leaves a little bit of flakiness where my skin is dry; not too noticeable though. This stuff is better for minor touchups and zits.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2004 5:41:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the "Neutralizer" formula, and I'd have to say it's one of the best. It is a light beige color--perfect for me (normally a MAC NC20). It doesn't cake up, run or wear off. Blends well. It is fabulous--perfect for undereye darkness. It is quite inexpensive--Love it. Even if it was not exactly cheap it'd be worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2004 5:00:00 PM More reviews by PaleBaby

After trying many brands of concealer, (Rimmel, Revlon, MAC, Clinique, etc...), I'd have to say that this is probably my over-all favorite. It's very creamy and blendable, and covers under-eye darkness well. I do like the packaging, but I find that when you reach the end of the tube, there's still a lot of product in there that's unreachable. Also, the color range isn't the best; quite orange, which is okay for under and around my eyes, but not something I'd want to be wearing all over. But this is a good, cheap concealer that I'll probably always go back to.

I also used to have this in the Neutralizer and the Illuminator, which were better shades. The Neutralizer one is a good basic biege color and the Illuminator is a very pale color meant for brightening up areas of the face... Tip: Swipe the Illuminator across the tops of cheekbones and blend into your foundation... it makes them look a lot more defined and makes you glow. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2004 12:32:00 AM More reviews by LilHotStuff

H8ed it!!! Every single color I bought looked orange! Just a solid tube of orange crap!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2004 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Deenah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This comes in a small, sturdy lipstick-type tube. I've been using this forever but now I've switched to a liquid concealer by Rimmel for under my eyes; this stick made my skin there way too dry, it peeled. The liquid one solved that problem and my skin feels amazing now. I would not get rid of this stick, though, because it works wonders to hide zits and redness when you most need it. I also keep using this around my nose and on my chin. One thing, though, BEWARE: if you re-apply it, cleanse your skin first or you'll turn orange!!!(even with the ivory tones)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2004 1:26:00 AM More reviews by lobstee

This isn't great alone, but turns out great with foundation and powder. It covers my under eye circles well, but my blemishes so-so. I really like the lip gloss like tube, easy application. I'll keep buying it because its under 10 bucks (unless someone else knows of a better concealer for cheap?)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2004 2:55:00 PM More reviews by fashionista0789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's too sheer for under eye circles, but pretty good for blemishes. I would only use this if I had an emergency.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2004 10:54:00 AM More reviews by tltinindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the Neutralizer for fair skin on the advice of a MUAer on the boards. I love it! I am very fair with dark circles under my eyes and in the corner of my eyes. The neutralizer covers very well and blends with my foundation easily too! I like the lipstick style tube - I can use a brush or use it right off of the stick. I'll buy this again, no doubt!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2003 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SuperChick

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bad product. I dont think i'm ever going to buy anything like this again! It just plain ruins ur face lol and ya. I think that covergirl only has nice lipgloss and lipstick :-
Big disapointment with this product :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2003 6:13:00 PM More reviews by JodieBear

I love stick concealers so i thought id give this one a try. I got the shade Medium, which looked like a good match for my skin. Boy was i wrong. When i put it on i had big orange spots all over my face.Its a good concealer, but beware of the orangy shades. I might try this again in a much lighter color.