Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

on 12/20/2004 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

lots of mixed reviews,but i love this stuff! it blended well on my dry,acne prone skin and it matched me pretty good too.didnt break me out or cake up either.i use this stuff all over my face and the price is perfect-dont know what id do without it.great eyeshadow base too!

on 11/24/2004 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a PPP with normal skin. I have serious dark circles and bags. I am writing about the "Neutralizer" shade. This is my HG UNDEREYE CONCEALER!!!! I have tried everything...BeneFit, Lorac, etc... This is the best. It is the creamiest I have ever tried, it blends so quickly and easily, and it has excellent coverage. The other shades looked pretty fake, but the Neutralizer is great. It is so cheap, too! I got this because I read about it in the "Best of Beauty" section in In Style, and they are very trustworthy. They were right, again;this is great concealer. I will repurchase again and again.

on 10/11/2004 1:54:00 PM

Are we talking about the same thing? The CG smoothers stick concealer? Cause the one I'm using goes on smoothly and is not drying at all. The coverage is rather sheer though but seems buildable. I got one in light and it's a little too pink for under eye circle. I'll probably try the neutralizer next time.

This product is NOT recommend. It enhances the fine lines under your eyes and increases dryness - within a half hour the concealer is flaky and obvious.

The product doesn't blend well, either.

There's really not much to say except N-O.

on 6/12/2004 5:59:00 PM

I only like this for small areas that need coverage. I suggest dabbing your fourth finger on the stick THEN applying it to your face. Drawing it onto your face straight from the stick will only put to much on your face, and you have much less control on application.

on 3/26/2004 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this out of desperation one day the CVS. Lame, lame, lame. This stuff doesn't cover. All it did was leave me with little yellow/orange spots on my face.

on 3/9/2004 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is an okay concealer. The consistency is surprisingly nice--smooth but not greasy. The tube is really convienent to use. I got it in Neutralizer, which I thought would look white and unnatrual but actually blends really well as long as it's used with foundation. But it just isn't enough for my undereye circles and redness. It also leaves a little bit of flakiness where my skin is dry; not too noticeable though. This stuff is better for minor touchups and zits.

on 3/3/2004 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the "Neutralizer" formula, and I'd have to say it's one of the best. It is a light beige color--perfect for me (normally a MAC NC20). It doesn't cake up, run or wear off. Blends well. It is fabulous--perfect for undereye darkness. It is quite inexpensive--Love it. Even if it was not exactly cheap it'd be worth it!

on 2/17/2004 5:00:00 PM

After trying many brands of concealer, (Rimmel, Revlon, MAC, Clinique, etc...), I'd have to say that this is probably my over-all favorite. It's very creamy and blendable, and covers under-eye darkness well. I do like the packaging, but I find that when you reach the end of the tube, there's still a lot of product in there that's unreachable. Also, the color range isn't the best; quite orange, which is okay for under and around my eyes, but not something I'd want to be wearing all over. But this is a good, cheap concealer that I'll probably always go back to.

I also used to have this in the Neutralizer and the Illuminator, which were better shades. The Neutralizer one is a good basic biege color and the Illuminator is a very pale color meant for brightening up areas of the face... Tip: Swipe the Illuminator across the tops of cheekbones and blend into your foundation... it makes them look a lot more defined and makes you glow. :)

on 2/8/2004 12:32:00 AM

H8ed it!!! Every single color I bought looked orange! Just a solid tube of orange crap!

Video Reviews & Tutorials