September 16, 2014 | 2031 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by gurluwant2love24

Ooh I absolutely LOVE this powder! I just converted to a lot of MAC products and had been using Lancome's Dual Finish pressed powder for years but its pretty expensive, about $36 for it. So I wanted to switch to a powder that's less expensive and looks really natural, yet gives nice coverage (the lancome powder provided great coverage but sometimes looked too cakey on my skin). So I bought this and figured if I didn't like it I'd return it, but WOW does it make my skin look healthy! It's not as much coverage as the Lancome Dual Finish but it gave my skin a more clean/natural look. It's great for touch-ups on the go too! I definately will continue to buy this powder!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by desertmom4

This is one of the new MSF Natural in Medium Plus, that was released during the N Collection. It is not LE, but going to be part of their regular line * or so I've heard*. I have only been wearing it for three days straight ( thanks to a good friend/MAC MA I got this collection a few days earlier than the release date), and maybe it's too premature to write a review on it, but so far the results I have been having with this Natural MSF is amazing and I had to share!

Previously I had been using MAC MSF in Medium, as that was the closest skintone match for me with the choices they had at the time; I am NC30. I used this MSF Medium as a setting powder after my liquid foundation. I stopped using the Medium after trying NARS loose powder in Beach as I liked the results better, and the color match was "dead-on". But when I went to view the N Collection, I was curious if MAC finally made a color to match me perfectly. The MA chose Medium Plus, and when I got home I swatched it on the underside of my wrist as well as my Medium one...the Medium Plus has more of a yellow tone to it, whereas the Medium was much lighter...not a huge color difference, but noticeable enough.

The next morning after applying my foundation * Chanel Pro Lumiere ~ Beige*, I took my MAC 150 powder brush and swirled it in the Medium Plus MSF, then dusted my face. The results were amazing! I swear it looked as if I just dusted my NARS Beach on my face instead of the Medium Plus. It actually looked better. I was told and read on MAC's site that these MSF Naturals are low-coverage and good for setting foundation/ touch-ups. So if you're looking for a full coverage foundation, this may not be what you are looking for. The true test was the "wear". I have normal/dry skin and this MSF did not accentuate any dry patches or lines, and it did not turn color on me. I wore it until 8PM, and it still looked great. I didn't need to touch-up.

So, I am indeed happy that I finally have a true MSF Natural match, and that it is cheaper than my NARS loose powder, and it is portable as I can't pack my NARS loose powder in my purse,...imagine the mess. I think I payed $24.50 for it, not bad as you do get alot of product, and don't forget when you do "hit pan", you can always turn it in for the B2M program :)

To sum up my review, I really like this powder and will be using it for now...If something changes within the next few days/weeks, I will update my review. But I highly recommend finding a color match, and giving the MSF Natural's a try.

**EDIT ~ 1-21-08**

I still use this powder everyday to set my foundation! I love it! This is my HG for pressed powder :)

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No