Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 2/4/2009 5:12:00 PM

In general, I like this mascara - the very black is indeed quite black. It goes on relatively clump free, the big brush is nice. This doesn't lengthen my lashes or thicken them as well as Benefit BadGal (which is what I was using before this) but it does a better job of thickening then some of the more natural looking mascaras (like Clinique's Naturally Glossy). This is gentle on you lashes, won't dry them up and break them but I find it VERY flaky. I barely touch my eyes and it looks like I sprinkled soot on my cheeks. I probably wouldn't buy this again.

on 2/3/2009 12:05:00 AM

I love this mascara. The huge brush is hard to get used to, I did poke myself in the eye the first few times. But once you've got the hang of it: beautiful. Gives me amazing volume and length in a deep black color. I love huge dramatic lashes, my lashes are naturally thick and long, and applying this by wiggling it at the root and sweeping up really makes an impact. Creates and holds a curl nicely. The plastic wand also combs through the lashes nicely and doesn't leave clumps. Doesn't irritate my sometimes sensitive eyes either. The orange tube is kinda big and obnoxious but oh well.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my very favorite makeup product. It makes my lashes look super long and thick. I haven't had any problem with clumping which seems to be my main problem with mascara. I think the tube is extra cute as well! I really love the chunky, bright orange tube. I could go on forever about how much I love this mascara. I will continue to buy this, however, I think next time I might try Lash Blast Luxe I believe it's called because I love the idea of adding a hint of color to my lashes.

on 2/1/2009 9:47:00 PM

I bought this about 3 months ago and it is officially my FAVORITE mascara! I am a drugstore brand mascara junkie (and bargainer). I own: Maybelline Great Lash, Black Magic Mascara, Maybelline Lash Stylist, Maybelline Define-A-Lash, Wet n' Wild Mega Lash, CoverGirl Lash Blast, and more. But I can confidently say that Lash Blast is the best! I have it in Very Black. I'm of an Asian background, so I have fairly thick and short lashes. The wand is which enables it to grasp and deposit color on my lashes well. It gives extreme volume and does not clump! I don't have to use those time-consuming lash combs now. My lashes look so full now, and this mascara adds a bit of drama. I'm glad to say it does not flake or fall-out. It also holds the curl in my lashes pretty well. If I go over with a second coat of mascara, it still doesn't clump.. only plumps them up some more! The only cons I would say is the strong chemical smells, and the price for a drugstore brand ($9-10). I guess that actual product and its results are what's worth of money. I don't know if the packaging is good or bad-- I would assume there would be untouchable mascara on the sides in the inside that the wand is unable to reach. This is my go-to mascara and I'm absolutely in LOVE with it! I will definitely repurchase it when I'm out.

5 months later update:
STILL USING AND STILL MY FAVORITE. 2nd TUBE!

on 2/1/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this the other day and I love it! It makes my lashes look full of volume and doesn't clump a lot. I use Sonia Kashuk's eye lash comb to get any clumps I do get out. My lashes look perfect. Great mascara for straight, short, thin lashes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This comes third to my favourite mascara, Covergirl Super Thick Lash and second fav, Max Factor 2000 Calorie. It holdes curl, gives natural volume and definition, but for some drama I need to put on at least 3 coats. I find the packaging annoying...can't figure out why they need to make it so big! I'm not a fan of the new plastic bristles all the companies insist on for their mascaras nowadays - I don't find them as effective in reaching the lashes and giving oomph...and I can't replace the wand with another mascara wand that I prefer because the packaging is so huge.

Edit: Unfortunately, I can't continue to use this as I've developed a sensitivity to it...red, itchy and irritated eyes!

on 1/31/2009 8:00:00 PM

I like this mascara. I have oily skin and most other mascaras will flake or smudge on me. I also work out almost every day - and this mascara never budges! I never find any under my eyes. This mascara does not give dramatic results for me, but nicely adds a bit of volume without clumps.
Until I find something else that stays put, is gentle, and doesn't clump like lash blast - I'll keep purchasing this!

on 1/31/2009 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I found the huge brush cumbersome and could barely use it. In fact, I threw it away.

on 1/30/2009 4:45:00 PM

Ok. So I bought this product because I heard a lot of good reviews about it, but when I bought it and tried it? It was no difference. The smell was the worst part. It gave me a horrible head ache all day and the product wasn't even that good. I've only used it twice and I haven't touched it ever since and no i will not be buying this product again.

on 1/30/2009 4:20:00 PM

The only drugstore mascara I have bought repeatedly - at this price you can guiltlessly buy a fresh one every month. It works - long, dark lashes - no chunks and no flakes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials