August 20, 2014 | 1882 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Geekette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

There is serious hype behind this product. Like hardcore, and now there are like new shades in a pink tube coming out, which I might try just because the tube is sexy. But this tube is big and orange, and totally anything but sexy. This (not waterproof) verison of lashblast is okay. It separated, colored and gave me volume but, not "blast" worthy amount of volume. I have naturally longer lashes so perhaps it may work better for someone who does not. I am simply not a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by DIHU

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! My eyelashes stay curled all day and into the night. They look thick and long. The formula makes for buildable application and the brush picks up all the short lashes and coats them. I honestly prefer this to Dior Show and it is a fraction of the price. The product has yet to oooze out of the applicator so I'm giving the container high marks.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by latinminx79

I bought this due to all the hype on youtube. Im a AVON mascara girl, but figured I'd give it a try. It had been a while since I wore drugstore mascaras. Needless to say Im not a fan. The wand yes, is too big, and I was a tad bit scared at first glance. I don't like that the bristles are so short, it dose not get all the lashes. Causing some clumping on the outer edges. And the bottom lashes are hard to do, period. The one main downfall that is just a no no to me, is that it flakes. I have to constantly check to make sure I don't have black flakes around my eye, it's horrible. The one thing I can say is that is dries quick and washes off well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'll admit, I'm not too keen on covergirl mascaras in general, but I'm quite pleased with this one! Yes, the packaging is hilariously huge, but the formula and brush do the job well. It stays all day and removes easily, and is buildable for a more dramatic look. I put on a bunch of coats and I like the effect. The brush is large, so I have to exercise caution, but it works out in the end. Pretty sure I would rebuy. I'm not absolutely overjoyed about this mascara, but I was actually pleasantly suprised. Edit: This has grown on me alot actually and I rebought it just the other day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetpeas123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The wand is HORRIBLE it's too fat!
BUT! when you put on more layers it really separates and gives that "fake eyelash" look.

this is sort of a hit and miss for people, i think.
=]

EDIT------------------
My favorite mascara.
seriously, i have an unwanted collection of mascaras now,
and none of them beat Cover Girl's Lashblast!
amazing! <333

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second tube of this and I don't even know why I ever bought a second tube! I've always bought cheap mascara so I can't really compare but I have short lame lashes and nothing really does wonders for them but I usually just pick up whatever looks good and this is just nothing special..Seems to dry out really quickly. I'll go back to Maybelline's Lash Stylist, I was pretty happy with it I don't know why I ever strayed away from it in the first place! My mom uses the waterproof version of this and it's so clumpy and messy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2009 7:40:00 AM More reviews by missmaggie

I've never really been a fan of covergirl products and for some odd reason I bought this mascara I dont know why but I have to say I'm not all that disapointed with it. The brush is alright although a little too large * sometimes I poke myself in the eye with it or sometimes itll mark up my eyeshadow so I have to REALLY REALLY careful, more than normal when applying this* The bottle is rather oversized but its not too much of a problem as I'm not going to sit and hold it while I put on my makeup. For me, it is the best mascara so far as far as drugstore ones are concerned and probably one of the only decent things that covergirl has come out with. I don't think anyone could go wrong with it as far as prices are concerned.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by harron1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because a lot of people I know were really raving about it. I don't see any difference in this product than in 'normal' mascaras, and was really disappointed. Also, the waterproof version is impossible, IMPOSSIBLE, to get off fully, even with high quality makeup removers.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by krys623

This was just ok for me. Nothing really special but the cool looking wand. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by snwsnw

This is one of the worst mascaras of all time! I completely fell for the hype and when my sister in law got a 2 for 1 special and gave me one, I was really excited to try it out. YUCK! It does lengthen but does not hold a curl whatsoever. Who wants long lashes that stick straight out? lol It also does a poor job at giving my lashes any type of volume. I hate the bristles because they are too short and rubbery. I love big, fat, long bristles...those kinds give me the volume and length that I crave. I would never buy this product.
***EDIT*** I guess I'm eating my words. (sort of) I'm changing my rating to a 2 only because I actually did go out and buy this mascara...probably ignorant on my part, but I wanted to give it another try. It's not quite as bad as I once thought, but it's still pretty awful...No curl, no volume, just plain awful.

****EDIT AGAIN****Well, once again, I tried this out again...LMAO! I think either the formula has changed, or now I know how to use this properly. This mascara gives me lush, long, smudgeproof lashes! I'm in love. This has replaced ALL of my mascaras, which is almost impossible! Plus, it's so much cheaper! It reminds me a lot of Max Factor Volume Couture mascara (same company, but very hard to find these days). Lash Blast is a lot easier to get off at the end of the day and gives much more volume...it's also smudgeproof (YES!) :D Even the orange packaging is growing on me...It's super easy to find in my makeup bag! So, all in all, I have completely changed my mind about this little gem...obviously I'm jumping on the bandwagon late!