Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great great coverage. Very creamy, not too heavy on skin. I almost feel as if it's green-pigmented, but it could just the color I'm using (Natural Tan). It can get a bit greasy, noting that I'm not prone to oily skin, but not excessively. Just as great as all other Revlon Foundations!

on 7/25/2010 12:00:00 PM

I have used all kinds of foundation (Make Up Forever, MAC, Clinique, Bare Minerals) and have been coming back to Revlon Colorstay in Ivory. I have very fair skin that is hard to match, and the lightest shades of most products are too dark for me, but not this one. The color is perfect, and I don't have to touch up makeup by noon everyday.

When i first tried this product, i absolutely loved it! The coverage is amazing, and it did look quite natural on my skin. After a while of using it though, my skin started to break out horribly. I went to the dermatologist & she asked me what foundation i used, i said Revlon ColorStay - she told me to stop using it & try a product like BareMinerals instead. I'm not sure if my breaking out was at fault of ColorStay itself or the fact that it was just a thick, liquid foundation, but since switching over to BareMinerals, my skin has improved significantly.
I really do wish i could use ColorStay without breaking out, as i absolutely love the coverage & ease of it! I think for less acne-prone skin, ColorStay would be wonderful :)

on 7/24/2010 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I initially didn't like the idea of wearing liquid foundation (I just think thick, cakey, and something that won't ever quite match your skin), but I absolutely love this product! Mind you, this is the first time I regularly decided to wear foundation. It matches my skin tone perfectly and blends well. I wear it every day but only use it on certain areas of my skin. If you don't want to cover your face with foundation, for a more natural look, I suggest dabbing little on dark or reddish areas of your skin and blending out. I top it off with a powder, and I feel confident about my skin all day! Even though the bottle doesn't have a pump, I manage by shaking the bottle and only using the excess that gets stuck under the cap. It minimizes the waste, it doesn't get messy, and it feels relatively sanitary.

on 7/23/2010 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Ok, first of all, i gave this 4 stars because i took off a star for horrible packaging. Iv'e said this hundreds of times, but this product NEEDS A PUMP. I first tried this product, and Im only 15 so this product was relatively expensive for me, off of so many great reviews....well, the first time i tried it it was HORRIBLY STREAKY! i applied it with a wet sponge, because I think those are cheaper and easier to apply foundation with..The stuff matched my skin gorgeously, but it dried waaay too quickly for me to blend it in. (i have combo/oily in fresh beige)(im so glad the color matched my skin since im one of those people who holds the bottle of foundation up to my face and looks in a mirror to see if its the right color :) So i tried the sponge wet, and worked quickly and in areas of my face at a time. well, THAT time, this foundation looked AMAZING! i have some bad acne scars but this foundation covered it ALL up while looking like i have no makeup on, and without feeling heavy. And The icing on the cake was that this foundation stayed on ALL day. Not a few hours, the WHOLE day.

on 7/22/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I found this foundation to be quite heavy actually, it doesn't blend easily, so if you want a full coverage you will end up with a heavy layer of foundation on your face. even though i got the one for oily/combo skin, its still feels oily on my t-zone. the staying power is just so so. I didnt like this foundation quite as much but i think that's because i prefer mineral, i wouldn't recommend this to oily people even in the "oily/comb skin formula"

on 7/22/2010 2:06:00 AM

SO here's what's up with me + Colorstay. We are BFF, just btw.
For some reason, long ago, I used Colorstay Normal/Dry, even though I have incredibly oily skin. I think I was led astray by the reviews. It didn't work out so nicely; although the color match was good, the color most def did not stay. It rubbed off on my clothes, on other peoples' clothes. Not pretty. And then one day, I had an epiphany. "You have oily skin," I told myself. "Why don't you try buying the foundation for oily skin?" And I did. And the rest is history.
This stuff is awesome. (The packaging is horrendous.) I wear Nude 200 and it's a good match. This is everything I want in a foundation, like seriously. It doesn't require a lot of fuss. I don't have to wear concealer if I don't want to ( I usually don't.) I don't have to retouch. I don't have to worry that it's getting on everything. I don't have to worry that it's melting off my face, or breaking me out, or talking about me behind my back, or stealing my boyfrann. What more can I ask for?

on 7/21/2010 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i got this product, because of all of its hype on youtube. i really hadn't had much experience with foundation, so i figured what the heck why not? when i first got it i knew it'd be hard to blend because that's what all the guru's said. so i wasn't to shocked, just a little annoyed but i got over it. when i applied it, i didn't really know what other foundations really felt like so the heaviness, and mask feeling bothered me, but i got over that too. anyway, when i first applied it, it looked pretty and dewy, but i didn't set it. so about after 6-8 hours it smeared down my face, and i had blotches. i looked sick, especially in the lighting at my school, which seriously sucked. anyway when i tried to wash it off at night it was like silly puddy on my face, seriously, it would not come off. also, when i took pictures with it, i had an EXTREME white cast. which of course, is really embarrassing. so i'm more experienced with foundation now, but i'm not sure if i'd repurchas it. it's hard to say. i tried applying it in several different ways, with a mac duo fiber (stippling-decent), a wet sponge (worked the best), and my fingers (not so hott).
pros- good color selection, decent staying power, extremely good coverage, waste of product due to lack of pump
cons-hard to blend, whitecast in pictures, like a mask.

so it's deffinetly not a bad product at all, but it's not an incredible one. maybe i'm just not applying it right?

on 7/21/2010 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I REALLY like this foundation for the fact that it has great coverage and great staying power. Its one of the foundations that I don't have to use primer for (the less products I use on my face the better, for me). I’ve been using this on and off for about two years and I will continue to buy it until it is discontinued. Some complain of the smell but weirdly enough I like it. The packaging doesn't bother me like it does most people. I simply just put my index finger on the bottle and shake the product. Whatever product gets on my finger is enough for my face. As far as color selection goes Revlon really really should bring some yellow undertones into their foundations (other than the shade buff because it is too light for medium skin tones)!! Also be sure to moisturize well because if you use a lot of this thick foundation is can expose your pores and dry patches.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this foundation, it's the only kind that stands a chance to my super oily skin.

The problem that I have though is the foundation looking pink, or even orange/reddish toned on my skin.

I've already tried the shades Warm Golden, and Golden Beige - Hopefully Natural Tan works better for my skin.

OH, and I really wish Revlon would invest in a pump for this already.

***Edit: this foundation broke me out really bad