Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this product! This is literally the best foundation I have ever tried! I have tried Nars, Makeup forever HD foundation and plenty of other drugstore names but nothing compares to this one. I have the combination/oily in Caramel 400 and it blends SO well with my skin. It really absorbs well into the skin versus caking my skin like other foundations have. Also I noticed my skin wasn't oily like it normally is through out the day. And its only $10 at Wal-mart, very great deal. The only con to this product is that it does not have a pump =/ But I would definitely recommend this and from now on this will be my staple foundation product!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have only been using this for maybe 2 weeks. Anyway, i got this because i was looking for a foundation that could last through summer sweat and oils or at the very least not enphasize the sweat and oils. I found the photoready definatley made me look greasier i think because of the little shimmers that i dont think you can really see just on there own its not glitter but does make a sweaty face look sweatier. I think this stuff lasts longer but i found it made my skin look a litttle dull. I cant win either to shiny or dull. So i have been mixing with luster drops or using my to the beach cream bronzer that i thought was also to shimmery to actually use in the summer but it works well with the matteness of this foundation. I think its okay im not WOWWED but its working for now. I will keep looking for something i like better. I also might try a not beige color eventually which i think might be the cause of the dulling effect more so then the foundation formula.

I've been using the Revlon ColorStay foundation in Buff for a few years now. I have pretty bad acne scarring on my cheeks and occasionally have a pimple. This foundation covers very nicely. Like most of the other commenters, I hate that it doesn't have a pump, but it's not a big deal to me. I pour a tiny amount at a time onto the back of my clean hand and apply it with a damp makeup sponge. I apply a thin layer all over my face. Then I dab the foundation where I have the scarring. It takes some practice to get it just right. I like that it's buildable and it looks natural. With some translucent powder, my makeup can last for twelve hours or more.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

this is actually a pretty decent full coverage foundation for a drugstore. i use it whenever i want a full coverage matte finish on my face. the only complaints i have about this foundation is that it does not have a pump so it is a bit if a pain in the butt to pour it out every time and you end up wasting product. another thing is that it doesnt look that great in flash photography due to the spf. but other than that its a really good foundation

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only drugstore liquid foundation i use. I have been using Revlon Colorstay w/ softflex spf6 - combination/oily skin foundation in natural tan 330 for 2 years now. It is pretty light and goes on pretty well. For my uneven skin, it covers very well and it doesnt make me breakout or anything crazy. The foundation doesnt smell funky at all. I would have to say it doesnt stay on for as long as it advertises but its good for a full workday. I really like this foundation and highly recommend it.

For what I paid for it at a drugstore, I am disappointed. Not only did it break my skin out, but the smell it gave off even hours after application was terrible. It was difficult as well to match my colors and it ended up looking far from natural. I wouldn't buy this again.

So I've been using this product off and on for 6months verdict: perfect coverup foundation I don't even need concealer.... BUT BROKE ME OUT! I've never broken out so badly with a foundation.
Pros:
-Perfect flawless cover
-looks good in photos despite SPF 5

Cons:
-hard to find a perfect match to skintone so I had tomix natural tan(darker) with beige (lighter)
-broke me out badly I think the coverage is too good

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great great coverage. Very creamy, not too heavy on skin. I almost feel as if it's green-pigmented, but it could just the color I'm using (Natural Tan). It can get a bit greasy, noting that I'm not prone to oily skin, but not excessively. Just as great as all other Revlon Foundations!

I have used all kinds of foundation (Make Up Forever, MAC, Clinique, Bare Minerals) and have been coming back to Revlon Colorstay in Ivory. I have very fair skin that is hard to match, and the lightest shades of most products are too dark for me, but not this one. The color is perfect, and I don't have to touch up makeup by noon everyday.

When i first tried this product, i absolutely loved it! The coverage is amazing, and it did look quite natural on my skin. After a while of using it though, my skin started to break out horribly. I went to the dermatologist & she asked me what foundation i used, i said Revlon ColorStay - she told me to stop using it & try a product like BareMinerals instead. I'm not sure if my breaking out was at fault of ColorStay itself or the fact that it was just a thick, liquid foundation, but since switching over to BareMinerals, my skin has improved significantly.
I really do wish i could use ColorStay without breaking out, as i absolutely love the coverage & ease of it! I think for less acne-prone skin, ColorStay would be wonderful :)