Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 7/18/2010 10:18:00 PM

I love this foundation! I have it in the shade Sand Beige for combo/oily skin because I am asian and I have yellow undertones and it matches nicely. I apply the foundation with a wet sponge so it doesn't look cakey and looks natural and very nice. I've never tried applying it with my hands or foundation brush but I think if I did I might get a heavier coverage. Some people don't like how it comes in a bottle with no pump but I don't mind it because I just put the sponge over the top and flip it upside down and get a little bit of foundation on it.
The very first time I used it, it had a smell to it that wouldn't go away even when I had it applied on my face but every time after that, I could never smell it. I recommend this foundation but the only problem is that it is a lot more expensive than other drugstore foundations. I bought this at Walmart for $17 CAD, which is probably the cheapest I could get it for in Canada. Everywhere else I checked would sell it for $20. So the price is definitely a major drawback but this product is worth it!

on 7/18/2010 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Pretty good foundation overall, but doesn't provide "full coverage" like some MAC foundations do. This would be more of a summer foundation for me since I won't need as much coverage as I do in the fall/winter months.
It's a nice light consistency and has a great range of shades. This is definitely my go to foundation, after my MAC of course.

on 7/18/2010 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The color match for this was really good...i found it to match my skin exactly which is REALLY hard to find cuz i have super red tones under my skin despite being darker skinned(NW47). so i gave it three lippies for that..but i hated the packaging..it was hard to get product out and i switched it to a bottle with a pump but i lost a lot of product...and it shifted to places unknown and unwanted on my face!!! Fail!

on 7/18/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

No matter how many other products I buy - I always go back to this. It beats all the "cheap" drugstore products out of the water. It beats all the higher end Drugstore products too! And is compairable to many HE foundations too. And really if you get something so similar... for half the price- Why pay more for the expensive one? Thats why I rated this a 5 for price, Yea it's pretty expensive for drugstore.. But it should be in a department store - and there it would be cheap. I've converted many friends and coworkers to this product, as I can't say enough about it. I have bad skin tone, blemishes, darkcircles & spots... So I need a makeup to make a clean fresh slate. This stuff is magic for me. BUT if your looking for a light fluffy foundation to give you a glow - this is not it!

on 7/17/2010 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Fantastic foundation with great staying power. It does what is says it will do. Great for summer. If you are looking for a studio fix replacement for less than half the price, this is the product you're looking for. The coverage is great, I mix it with maybelline superstay concealer, then puff some light powder on my face to make it dry faster and voila! I'm good to go all day. The smell doesn't bother me, I actually find it kind of pleasant. It's sort of a white musk-ish fragrance. I did not have any problems finding my shade. I am nc-15 and the revlon's ivory is practically identical. I have no packaging complaints, just put your finger on top of the bottle before you tip and you won't spill anything. Plus it's thick enough to where it won't pour out extremely fast unless you force it. Having said that, a little goes a long way, and you don't need to pile tons of liquid on your face to get great coverage. I have very fair skin, undereye circles, so I like my heavy coverage. If paired with a transluscent powder, your face will be flawless, and caking isn't a problem. This is a definite must-have.

on 7/17/2010 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Really great foundation, perfect for all seasons and weather and looks beautiful on the skin.

I have this in Golden Beige, which is a slight match to my olive skin, but maybe a tiny bit darker, so I wish the color range for this foundation was not limited.

Pros
-stays matte all DAY!! NO TOUCHUPS NEEDED WHICH IS AMAZING!!

-Wonderful coverage (medium to full) which is perfect for covering all the blemishes,redness, etc

-very easy to blend, little goes a long way, so one bottle of foundation lasts for a very long time

Cons
-I dislike the weird smell it has when you put it on your face

on 7/17/2010 12:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really do love this foundation. It gives me medium to full coverage and does last all day for me. I first tried this foundation on my winter skin and couldn't find a match even though I loved the look/feel of it, so I tried it again as soon as I had darkened up from the summer sun and now it's absolute love!!

I apply with my fingers (pour fdnt on my fingers, warm it up by rubbing between my fingers, then rub/pat on moisturized and primed skin). I use the L'oreal Studio Secrets primer with it and find that I remain close to poreless after a smooth application :) I love the finish it gives - for me, on my oily skin, I feel as though I get the absolute perfect, dewy look. I never need to blot my face/reapply powder throughout the day, which is awesome (the other 2 fdnts I like and use require that - EL DW and NARS SG). I remove by double cleansing: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse coupled with PMS.

For me however, the most important aspect of fdnt is its coverage of my rosy cheeks. It's a fine line between masking the red completely and covering w/ fdnt only to have splotchiness. I feel as though CS does this job perfectly - I can still see some rosiness come through, but it's even. To me, I feel as though CS is MFBB, and that is a great feeling!

I will repurchase and I'm crossing my fingers I will be able to find a successful winter match . . . otherwise it's moisturizing with Jergens Glow year round LOL.

Pros:
- can find at Walmart/drugstores/etc (big plus in my podunk town)
- easy finger application
- doesn't sink into my pores
- can sheer out or increase coverage as needed
- no concealer needed
- sheers/minimizes my natural facial redness

Cons:
- I reallllly dislike the packaging
- I wish it was a little cheaper, but not a deterrent for repurchase
- limited color range, I find the range to be a little on the cool side

I will revisit this review in a few weeks/months to update, but as of now, this fdnt is HG for me :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I remember using this a few years ago when I was in high school, It always gave a great coverage but i became interested in HE brands. Im so glad I decided to give it another try. Its amazing. It reminds me of my Estee Lauder foundation because it dries fast and it lasts so long! I actually think this foundation did better at eliminating my redness compared to the EL DW. Im NC35-NC37 in MAC and I got the Golden Beige. Perfect match :) Will buy again!

on 7/16/2010 7:33:00 PM

✍ WHY?
I bought this foundation 2 weeks ago and I think it's amazing! I bought it because of the reviews I read about this am-az-ing foundation, so I thought I could give it a shot. And i'm very happy I did! I bought it in my local department store (called 'Galleria Inno',probably only in Europe) because it was the only store I knew which selled Revlon products in my neighbourhood.

☞ TIPS .
- After I bought it I applied the foundation with my fingertips. I wasn't very happy about it; until I used my foundation brush with this foundation. It really had a wonderful result, and even without a primer it lasts all day long !

☝ my LIKES about this product :
- I have a really sensitive skin, so usually I get red spots or pimples of cheap foundations. (e.g. my skin was very irritated after I used Nivea beauté's longlasting foundation,which was only 11euros ) Anyway, 'Revlon colorstay with softflex' leaves my skin healthy , and I know it may sound weird or anything, but my skin looks even better than when I didn't use it.
- It's name fits the product definately ! It doés stay long
- It's texture is not too thin, it's a little thick, which I personally like, but luckily not too thick.
- full coverage !

☟ my DISLIKES about this product :
Even though I'm like IN LOVE with this foundation, there's one thing I don't like about it ; the bottle. It doesn't come of with a pump , but anyway,It's easy when you use a foundation brush and a primer and definately lasts a whole lot longer when you use those 2 "helpers" !

✏ CONCLUSION :
I'mma stick with this one ! I spended A LOT of money searching for a good foundation , cheap ones, expensive ones, I used them all, but this one can't beat any of them ! It's WONDERFUL and I would definately buy it again !

Anke (Belgium) ♧

on 7/16/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I did not like this foundation at all and I returned it immediately! I chose the Caramel color but I honestly can't say if it was the right shade for my light brown skin because I was so focused on how disappointing the coverage was. I have oily skin and this foundation was just too "wet" for me. I have tried enough foundations to know that if the texture starts off wet and runny like that it is not going to stay on my face and I will be blotting to save my life all day! I tried applying with a damp sponge because other MUA reviewers have said that this is the best way. Did not work for me. I also tried with my index finger...also did not work. I was not able to build any coverage and my minor acne scars were showing through like crazy! I originally wanted to buy the bottle for combo/oily skin but I went to 4 stores (walmart, rite-aid, ulta, cvs) and all were either sold out of it or didn't carry the darker shades of this line. Soo I ended up getting the bottle for dry/normal skin. Unless there is a HUGE texture difference between the two I would most likely not be happy with the combo/oily foundation either. And if it's that hard to find in stores then I would hate to run out and have to scramble for a replacement.

All in all, I think I just am not a foundation type of girl. I like to just throw on my HG concealer where needed with a little bit of pressed powder and GO! Plus, i'm working towards not wearing any make-up at all so caking on foundation with all those added chemicals would probably be a major setback for me.