December 19, 2014 | 830 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really do love this foundation. It gives me medium to full coverage and does last all day for me. I first tried this foundation on my winter skin and couldn't find a match even though I loved the look/feel of it, so I tried it again as soon as I had darkened up from the summer sun and now it's absolute love!!

I apply with my fingers (pour fdnt on my fingers, warm it up by rubbing between my fingers, then rub/pat on moisturized and primed skin). I use the L'oreal Studio Secrets primer with it and find that I remain close to poreless after a smooth application :) I love the finish it gives - for me, on my oily skin, I feel as though I get the absolute perfect, dewy look. I never need to blot my face/reapply powder throughout the day, which is awesome (the other 2 fdnts I like and use require that - EL DW and NARS SG). I remove by double cleansing: Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse coupled with PMS.

For me however, the most important aspect of fdnt is its coverage of my rosy cheeks. It's a fine line between masking the red completely and covering w/ fdnt only to have splotchiness. I feel as though CS does this job perfectly - I can still see some rosiness come through, but it's even. To me, I feel as though CS is MFBB, and that is a great feeling!

I will repurchase and I'm crossing my fingers I will be able to find a successful winter match . . . otherwise it's moisturizing with Jergens Glow year round LOL.

Pros:
- can find at Walmart/drugstores/etc (big plus in my podunk town)
- easy finger application
- doesn't sink into my pores
- can sheer out or increase coverage as needed
- no concealer needed
- sheers/minimizes my natural facial redness

Cons:
- I reallllly dislike the packaging
- I wish it was a little cheaper, but not a deterrent for repurchase
- limited color range, I find the range to be a little on the cool side

I will revisit this review in a few weeks/months to update, but as of now, this fdnt is HG for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I remember using this a few years ago when I was in high school, It always gave a great coverage but i became interested in HE brands. Im so glad I decided to give it another try. Its amazing. It reminds me of my Estee Lauder foundation because it dries fast and it lasts so long! I actually think this foundation did better at eliminating my redness compared to the EL DW. Im NC35-NC37 in MAC and I got the Golden Beige. Perfect match :) Will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by xANKE

✍ WHY?
I bought this foundation 2 weeks ago and I think it's amazing! I bought it because of the reviews I read about this am-az-ing foundation, so I thought I could give it a shot. And i'm very happy I did! I bought it in my local department store (called 'Galleria Inno',probably only in Europe) because it was the only store I knew which selled Revlon products in my neighbourhood.

☞ TIPS .
- After I bought it I applied the foundation with my fingertips. I wasn't very happy about it; until I used my foundation brush with this foundation. It really had a wonderful result, and even without a primer it lasts all day long !

☝ my LIKES about this product :
- I have a really sensitive skin, so usually I get red spots or pimples of cheap foundations. (e.g. my skin was very irritated after I used Nivea beauté's longlasting foundation,which was only 11euros ) Anyway, 'Revlon colorstay with softflex' leaves my skin healthy , and I know it may sound weird or anything, but my skin looks even better than when I didn't use it.
- It's name fits the product definately ! It doés stay long
- It's texture is not too thin, it's a little thick, which I personally like, but luckily not too thick.
- full coverage !

☟ my DISLIKES about this product :
Even though I'm like IN LOVE with this foundation, there's one thing I don't like about it ; the bottle. It doesn't come of with a pump , but anyway,It's easy when you use a foundation brush and a primer and definately lasts a whole lot longer when you use those 2 "helpers" !

✏ CONCLUSION :
I'mma stick with this one ! I spended A LOT of money searching for a good foundation , cheap ones, expensive ones, I used them all, but this one can't beat any of them ! It's WONDERFUL and I would definately buy it again !

Anke (Belgium) ♧

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by patlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not like this foundation at all and I returned it immediately! I chose the Caramel color but I honestly can't say if it was the right shade for my light brown skin because I was so focused on how disappointing the coverage was. I have oily skin and this foundation was just too "wet" for me. I have tried enough foundations to know that if the texture starts off wet and runny like that it is not going to stay on my face and I will be blotting to save my life all day! I tried applying with a damp sponge because other MUA reviewers have said that this is the best way. Did not work for me. I also tried with my index finger...also did not work. I was not able to build any coverage and my minor acne scars were showing through like crazy! I originally wanted to buy the bottle for combo/oily skin but I went to 4 stores (walmart, rite-aid, ulta, cvs) and all were either sold out of it or didn't carry the darker shades of this line. Soo I ended up getting the bottle for dry/normal skin. Unless there is a HUGE texture difference between the two I would most likely not be happy with the combo/oily foundation either. And if it's that hard to find in stores then I would hate to run out and have to scramble for a replacement.

All in all, I think I just am not a foundation type of girl. I like to just throw on my HG concealer where needed with a little bit of pressed powder and GO! Plus, i'm working towards not wearing any make-up at all so caking on foundation with all those added chemicals would probably be a major setback for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by craneoncoffee

For all you ladies, including myself, who have complained about the packaging of this product, we are in LUCK!
They have airless, sanitary pump bottles for cosmetics for sale! Best of all, they are re-usable! Simply pour your Revlon Colorstay into the bottle, snap the cap, and voila! Pumpable foundation! =) I peeled the label off of my Revlon and stuck it onto my pump bottle to make it "look more professionl".
You can buy them in sets of (2bottles) for around $3.99 on ebay.
Here's the link: http://health-beauty.shop.ebay.com/Health-Beauty-/26395/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=nicomsupply&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282
ENJOY!!! =D

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by 88porsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this product for a few years before i decided to make the switch to mineral makeup, mostly because they had the closest coloring to yellow undertones I could get from drugstore brands. I was always afraid to switch from liquid foundation because of my acne and associated scarring, but I'm glad I did! Though this foundation is longer lasting than others I've tried and they have good color choices, its also very oily at the end of the day and its very very heavy feeling. It's also very difficult to wash off, which was sometimes a plus for me since its nice to wear to the pool!! It does cover very well and I could wear it on its own. It may have been better with a primer underneath for oil and some mattifying powders, but I was constantly touching up my face and it didnt last the whole day. The worse thing was that my breakouts never got any better while using this, I had them pretty regularly but regarded that as just my skin type. After I switched to bare escentuals my face has started clearing up and my complexion is improving, so on second thought this foundation may have been part of my problem all along.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ilovebourjois

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is very very cakey on my oily/normal skin. 2 minutes after applying.it settles into the pores around my nose and looks terrible. It also doesnt last on my oily t-zone,which surprised me considering all the raving reviewas..
The packaging is AWFUL. too much product comes out no matter what,which is a massive waste of product. And this foundation is expensive for the drugstore. My skin looks dry and cakey when i wear this foundation. Not worth it in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by iazngurl510i

I've been using BareMinerals for a while now since powder foundation is easier to match your skin tone with than liquid. I decided to try liquid foundation again and Revlon Colorstay had great reviews so I decided to give it a try. I actually love this product although I wouldn't want to use it everyday. It's kind of on a heavier side for me, but this product gives great coverage. I have acne so it doesn't completely cover up my blemishes so well. If I use my Sonia Kashuk hidden agenda concealer before this product then this foundation works great. If you have acne skin, I recommend a concealer before you use this product. If not, I think because this product gives such great coverage you can do without. On another note, I recommend applying with a wet sponge (squeezed out of course) if you want a lighter coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Reira

Great foundation for it's price. Excellent coverage. Friendly to my acne-prone skin.

However, it can get rather cakey after a while. Beware.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by DNS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I found that the one for oily/combo was too dry and dried too fast. I like the original better.