October 25, 2014 | 1447 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by iazngurl510i

I've been using BareMinerals for a while now since powder foundation is easier to match your skin tone with than liquid. I decided to try liquid foundation again and Revlon Colorstay had great reviews so I decided to give it a try. I actually love this product although I wouldn't want to use it everyday. It's kind of on a heavier side for me, but this product gives great coverage. I have acne so it doesn't completely cover up my blemishes so well. If I use my Sonia Kashuk hidden agenda concealer before this product then this foundation works great. If you have acne skin, I recommend a concealer before you use this product. If not, I think because this product gives such great coverage you can do without. On another note, I recommend applying with a wet sponge (squeezed out of course) if you want a lighter coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Reira

Great foundation for it's price. Excellent coverage. Friendly to my acne-prone skin.

However, it can get rather cakey after a while. Beware.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by DNS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I found that the one for oily/combo was too dry and dried too fast. I like the original better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You would think that after all these years, Revlon would get their shades up to date. I'm a hard match (NC40) but imo Revlong missed the yellow-based shade boat for years now. I'm not quite as pigmented as Halle Berry, who Ibelieve wears Toast. Toast is more yellow based, but too dark for me. The shade that comes before Toast is (I believe) Caramel, which does not work at all for me.

Now let's talk about the formulation. This gets into my pores and is really hard to wash out. I have not used it with my Clarisonic because I returned this to the store because I didn't get a good shade match. That said, I found this to be messy, hard to wash off and it stained. Not good! I think my money is better invested L'Oreal Colormatch, which by comparison is am amazing drugstore brand, although not as long lasting as the Revlon. This taught me a good lesson though - I really don't need a heavy-duty foundation in terms of staying power, just coverage. This was a no for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good foundation. I find that applying it with a brush or fingers makes me look dead--I strongly recommend one use a wet sponge to apply!

I actually don't think the coverage of acne/pigmentation marks is that great...it does last all day, however. It looks nice upon the skin (when applied wet, for me).

It dries really quickly so you have to blend quickly. Use small amounts at a time too.

I would repurchase but it was just taking too much time out of my morning routine and I have found better coverage from even powder foundations.

Update: This is probably the best liquid foundation out there if you're looking for LONG-lasting (seriously, it doesn't budge and REAL (medium-full) coverage. My favorite way to apply it is with the [damp] Beauty blender. 5 lippies!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by misty3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

awesome foundation! gives a full coverage and stays on all day long. It even stayed on while I went swimming! This is my new foundation, will definately be buying again. Only con I had was that the price was a little too high! Mine was 14 dollars & from WalMart. Other than that, awesome foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

i think this foundation is great,but the color range does not provide for my medium to dark, yellow undertoned skin tone. fresh beige is too light while true beige is too dark.if you're having the same shade problem the photo ready line provides yellow under-toned friendly shades,but w/out the color stay quality

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by bchung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off I have light skin with yellow undertones. The first time I bought this product I was really pale so I got it in Ivory. DO NOT make the same mistake I did because it was way too pink! If you have yellow undertones go with the beiges or buffs!!! I'm not that picky when it comes to packaging and I don't mind that this has no pump, but it can get messy. Also, for me, the coverage is a little much, so I just mix it with some moisterizer to dilute it (works like a charm!).

Pros:
    -really good coverage (mix with moisterizer to make a tinted moisterizer)
    -doesn't look too cakey (LESS IS MORE)
    -great colour selection
    -there's a lot of product in the bottle

Cons:
    -a little pricey, but still affordable (buy it on sale!)
    -can get pretty messy because of the huge opening

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Libs96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have very oily skin and i have acne, i was looking for a foundation that would last long and cover well without looking cakey. i watched SO many reviews on youtube about revlon colorstay and decided to buy it and give it a go. the packaging is cute but the pour lid is kinda annoying and it comes out very quickly. the coverage is very good and i didnt even need concealer but its very obvious and also makes me look plastic and fake. it has some good things about it but i wouldnt recommend it and i wouldnt buy it again. saying that it is good for night time events like clubbing but for day time its too heavy and cakey for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great stuff, sh*ty container. Good coverage, blendable, great staying power. But awful packaging. Oh well, that won't stop me from re perchasing!