September 30, 2014 | 1148 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You would think that after all these years, Revlon would get their shades up to date. I'm a hard match (NC40) but imo Revlong missed the yellow-based shade boat for years now. I'm not quite as pigmented as Halle Berry, who Ibelieve wears Toast. Toast is more yellow based, but too dark for me. The shade that comes before Toast is (I believe) Caramel, which does not work at all for me.

Now let's talk about the formulation. This gets into my pores and is really hard to wash out. I have not used it with my Clarisonic because I returned this to the store because I didn't get a good shade match. That said, I found this to be messy, hard to wash off and it stained. Not good! I think my money is better invested L'Oreal Colormatch, which by comparison is am amazing drugstore brand, although not as long lasting as the Revlon. This taught me a good lesson though - I really don't need a heavy-duty foundation in terms of staying power, just coverage. This was a no for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good foundation. I find that applying it with a brush or fingers makes me look dead--I strongly recommend one use a wet sponge to apply!

I actually don't think the coverage of acne/pigmentation marks is that great...it does last all day, however. It looks nice upon the skin (when applied wet, for me).

It dries really quickly so you have to blend quickly. Use small amounts at a time too.

I would repurchase but it was just taking too much time out of my morning routine and I have found better coverage from even powder foundations.

Update: This is probably the best liquid foundation out there if you're looking for LONG-lasting (seriously, it doesn't budge and REAL (medium-full) coverage. My favorite way to apply it is with the [damp] Beauty blender. 5 lippies!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by misty3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

awesome foundation! gives a full coverage and stays on all day long. It even stayed on while I went swimming! This is my new foundation, will definately be buying again. Only con I had was that the price was a little too high! Mine was 14 dollars & from WalMart. Other than that, awesome foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

i think this foundation is great,but the color range does not provide for my medium to dark, yellow undertoned skin tone. fresh beige is too light while true beige is too dark.if you're having the same shade problem the photo ready line provides yellow under-toned friendly shades,but w/out the color stay quality

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by bchung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off I have light skin with yellow undertones. The first time I bought this product I was really pale so I got it in Ivory. DO NOT make the same mistake I did because it was way too pink! If you have yellow undertones go with the beiges or buffs!!! I'm not that picky when it comes to packaging and I don't mind that this has no pump, but it can get messy. Also, for me, the coverage is a little much, so I just mix it with some moisterizer to dilute it (works like a charm!).

Pros:
    -really good coverage (mix with moisterizer to make a tinted moisterizer)
    -doesn't look too cakey (LESS IS MORE)
    -great colour selection
    -there's a lot of product in the bottle

Cons:
    -a little pricey, but still affordable (buy it on sale!)
    -can get pretty messy because of the huge opening

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Libs96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have very oily skin and i have acne, i was looking for a foundation that would last long and cover well without looking cakey. i watched SO many reviews on youtube about revlon colorstay and decided to buy it and give it a go. the packaging is cute but the pour lid is kinda annoying and it comes out very quickly. the coverage is very good and i didnt even need concealer but its very obvious and also makes me look plastic and fake. it has some good things about it but i wouldnt recommend it and i wouldnt buy it again. saying that it is good for night time events like clubbing but for day time its too heavy and cakey for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great stuff, sh*ty container. Good coverage, blendable, great staying power. But awful packaging. Oh well, that won't stop me from re perchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by elnayle

I decided to purchase this product after watching some youtube gurus claimed that it was an "amazing" product. Now, I can't agree with them, but they're not completely exaggerating. This product lays on fairly thickly. I tend to dilute it by adding my face lotion to it to create a sort of tinted moisturizer. A little bit of this foundation goes a long way. It does very well with evening out your skin tone. I also find that if you layer a bit of the foundation over a blemish or a scar, it'll cover it right up!

I purchased the formula for combination and oily skin, but I am still oily after a few hours. It doesn't mattify your face, but it does an excellent job at staying on. Well, most of it does, anyway. Whenever I go to blot my face, I find that product rubs off a bit.

I will repurchase again, I think that it gives a fairly natural coverage.

This is definitely a full coverage foundation that could be converted to a lighter coverage if mixed in with a moisturizing lotion. A little bit definitely goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Marsinail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish there were more yellow-toned colors and that it came with a pump. To make it blend better, not dry as quickly, and more yellow, I add a tiny bit of lotion and yellow concealer. That works wonders for me. Took off a lippie for lack of color selection and pump. But, other than that, I like the staying power, the finish, and the coverage it gives me when I alter it. Would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by mei696

Okay, this is one of the foundation that i do adore! it was my first Liquid foundation aswel! heard so many good reviews about it so i thought why not just test it out. When i first put it on, i thort it looked kinda heavy as i dont wear heavy make up. (Back then i just used bare minerals) I didn't find it hard to blend be honest. I guess im just quick at everything :) i give this a 4/5 because i think they could have done well with the packaging. I be happy if there was a little pump or something. Because everytime i wana use the foundation it just comes out alot from the bottle. So thats a downside, SPF6 i think it was..hmm wish there had a higher spf..but never mind. Overal i do like it very much; gives me good coverage it hides away redness very well; blemishes etc. I def be buying this product again! and i would recommend this to everyone to give it ago.