July 28, 2014 | 1770 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by mei696

Okay, this is one of the foundation that i do adore! it was my first Liquid foundation aswel! heard so many good reviews about it so i thought why not just test it out. When i first put it on, i thort it looked kinda heavy as i dont wear heavy make up. (Back then i just used bare minerals) I didn't find it hard to blend be honest. I guess im just quick at everything :) i give this a 4/5 because i think they could have done well with the packaging. I be happy if there was a little pump or something. Because everytime i wana use the foundation it just comes out alot from the bottle. So thats a downside, SPF6 i think it was..hmm wish there had a higher spf..but never mind. Overal i do like it very much; gives me good coverage it hides away redness very well; blemishes etc. I def be buying this product again! and i would recommend this to everyone to give it ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by matetsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first ever liquid foundation purchase. I'm so skeptical when it comes to purchasing make-up products. I must say this is my HG foundation.

To be honest, I have received lots of good feedbacks from my college friends. They couldn't believe how much my skin looked so good and flawless. And I told them, it's just the foundation. So they end up asking what it is and where I got it.

So basically the foundation creates a smooth finish which I totally love. It hides the redness or what I call the little spider veins found under my nose -- but it's more of the inside part so I'm thankful it's really not that visible. I wouldn't want to go out the house of I don't wear this (But I don't go out the house everyday). To top off my foundation, I just use my Maybelline Clear Smooth powder, which I believe, it also helped a me lot in receiving those compliments. The lasting power is EXCELLENT. Just be sure to bring a compact powder with you if you really have oily skin.

Some say they don't recommend this as an everyday foundation since it has an ingredient not suitable for everyday use. I'd say just be sure you gotta clean out your face when you want to remove this off right before you sleep so as not to create breakouts. As for me, I use a scrub with an electronic rotating brush (got from Watsons Phils. similar to a Clarisonic) then a toner to wash off remaining residue. Make-up remover is helpful in removing my eyeliner and other spots, too.

I would definitely buy this foundation!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by BAGBARBIE

I use Revlon Colorstay in Mahagony as a medium to full coverage. I use my MSF powder to set the Colorstay. It gives me a nice little glow and yes I will buy this product again. The packaging would be a better if it came with a pump. Also, it dries very quick so you have to apply this product in sections and blend very quick to avoid streaks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

broke me out with cystic acne very quickly. hard to blend, looks like a mask, doesnt give me the flawless look that i want in a foundation...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by ayshacat905

This is a great drugstore foundation! It gives good coverage and a nice glow. I consider it a better version of the Nars Sheer Glow. I gave it a 4 because it looks great, but this foundation can get cakey. It also breaks me out a little. I would not buy this again only because I LOVE my Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation so much, but if I had to buy a drugstore foundation, it would be this one :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddiction

After using this foundation for 8 months, I found to really like this foundation. It lasts all day with maximum coverage and will not budge no matter if your swimming or sweating. I don't really find that it did anything to control oil in my t-zone, but the oil did not cause the makeup to slide off my face. The only thing that is bad about this foundation is that it is really hard to remove. The only way that i found to remove this foundation completely is by exfoliating. If you do not remove this foundation properly over time you will start to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by bmst

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pros
    -fantastic coverage
    -doesn't get cakey
    -easy to blend (with fingers, it can get tricky if you use a brush)
    -controls oil
    -stays on all day
    -doesn't break me out
    -has a little bit of spf
    Cons
    -doesn't come with a pump
    -smells like paint
    -can be hard to wash off, so make sure you have a deep cleaning toner

this is my hg foundation, at last i've found it! my biggest concern was that it doesn't come with a pump, but i easily transferred it to an empty foundation bottle that did have a pump. i put five dots of this on my face then blend it out with clean fingers. it stays on all day, which is a good and bad thing. its bad because it can be difficult to wash off, but this isn't too big of a problem for me since i use the clarisonic, and a deep cleaning toner. i didn't think i needed that much coverage but i tried this out, and my skin looked flawless, yet still natural. LOVE THIS STUFF TO DEATH!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This just didn't work for me. Its accentuates my lines and makes my face feel dry and tight. It works beautifully for many of my friends and looks absolutely flawless, but on my dehydrated skin its a definite no-no.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by angpig13

I saw and read a lot of reviews for this foundation so I finally caved in and bought it in May. I like the fact that it has SPF in it, which my favorite foundation doesn't, so it's perfect for summer. I don't however love this. I wear it and it gives nice coverage, but not what I was expecting. I do like that the product has many colors to choose from as well as formulas for different skin types.
    There are better foundations to be found at the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by CorrieVO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved how this product wears on the skin, especially for very oily skin - it stays on the full day and does not slide off. Coverage is wonderful, no complaints there either (it's a buildable medium coverage that definitely hides acne scarring).

The only reason I won't be repurchasing is that I have very fair, yellow-undertoned skin (around MAC NC20/25) and the suggested dupe of Revlon's 100 Buff was still too beige for me - I would say this color seemed closer to NW25. Otherwise I'd definitely own it again!