April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by ayshacat905

This is a great drugstore foundation! It gives good coverage and a nice glow. I consider it a better version of the Nars Sheer Glow. I gave it a 4 because it looks great, but this foundation can get cakey. It also breaks me out a little. I would not buy this again only because I LOVE my Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation so much, but if I had to buy a drugstore foundation, it would be this one :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddiction

After using this foundation for 8 months, I found to really like this foundation. It lasts all day with maximum coverage and will not budge no matter if your swimming or sweating. I don't really find that it did anything to control oil in my t-zone, but the oil did not cause the makeup to slide off my face. The only thing that is bad about this foundation is that it is really hard to remove. The only way that i found to remove this foundation completely is by exfoliating. If you do not remove this foundation properly over time you will start to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by bmst

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pros
    -fantastic coverage
    -doesn't get cakey
    -easy to blend (with fingers, it can get tricky if you use a brush)
    -controls oil
    -stays on all day
    -doesn't break me out
    -has a little bit of spf
    Cons
    -doesn't come with a pump
    -smells like paint
    -can be hard to wash off, so make sure you have a deep cleaning toner

this is my hg foundation, at last i've found it! my biggest concern was that it doesn't come with a pump, but i easily transferred it to an empty foundation bottle that did have a pump. i put five dots of this on my face then blend it out with clean fingers. it stays on all day, which is a good and bad thing. its bad because it can be difficult to wash off, but this isn't too big of a problem for me since i use the clarisonic, and a deep cleaning toner. i didn't think i needed that much coverage but i tried this out, and my skin looked flawless, yet still natural. LOVE THIS STUFF TO DEATH!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This just didn't work for me. Its accentuates my lines and makes my face feel dry and tight. It works beautifully for many of my friends and looks absolutely flawless, but on my dehydrated skin its a definite no-no.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by angpig13

I saw and read a lot of reviews for this foundation so I finally caved in and bought it in May. I like the fact that it has SPF in it, which my favorite foundation doesn't, so it's perfect for summer. I don't however love this. I wear it and it gives nice coverage, but not what I was expecting. I do like that the product has many colors to choose from as well as formulas for different skin types.
    There are better foundations to be found at the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by CorrieVO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved how this product wears on the skin, especially for very oily skin - it stays on the full day and does not slide off. Coverage is wonderful, no complaints there either (it's a buildable medium coverage that definitely hides acne scarring).

The only reason I won't be repurchasing is that I have very fair, yellow-undertoned skin (around MAC NC20/25) and the suggested dupe of Revlon's 100 Buff was still too beige for me - I would say this color seemed closer to NW25. Otherwise I'd definitely own it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Janina5309

I really like this product. It blends perfectly with my skin (although it's a bit on the red side). It also didn't accentuate my wrinkles and be all cakey like the rimmel lasting finish did. You can layer this product if you don't let it completely dry when applying another layer (which will cause it to rub off). It has a bit less than medium coverage. I noticed that it was difficult to blend blushes and powders over top of this, because when I applied the powders they were staying where they were, which means they wouldn't rub off...which is what I LOVED about this product. Both my blush and my eye makeup (I had applied this foundation underneath), stayed where it was and didn't blend together much, which always happens with the lowlights and highlights I do on my lids. This foundation was very long lasting, longer lasting than the rimmel lasting finish. I didn't like the packaging, I'd prefer a squeeze bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Jenalicious12

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT...I use it everyday. Its a full coverage foundation, you HAVE to use a stippling brush to apply to get the best resluts (and I have used all the ways to apply this one). I do find it has a smell but for some odd reason it reminds me of colone (I like it)...it dries kinda fast so you have to work fast (meaning working on one section of your face at a time) and DONT USE TO MUCH. I wouldnt recomend this foundation for beginners because you have to know how to use it and how to blend it, to get the full effect....BUT it works great!! and I have repurchased it already....I ONLY WISH IT HAD A PUMP =[

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by megan1309

I saw such great reviews for this foundation that I basically ran out of my house to get it! I used it once, thought I was in love, so I spent 10 bucks on another bottle. Well sadly I used this a few more times and it was a bust. I hate it now. People say its not cakey, but it is! I thought it wasn't either til I put my face right up to the mirror and noticed it... All over my face! Plus its soooo thick. And you have to use alot of it. I like using my Sonia Kashuk sponge to apply foundation.. But I could barely get it on half of my face before it was all absorbed on my hand, so I used twice as much! I tried applying it alot of different ways so I could like it again.. but that just did not happen.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by 15btlsintheshwr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff really does stay. I had it on for a dinner event (back before I discovered MoM for oil control), and saw no oil for about 2 hours, a huge first for me.

Haven't used it since though, unless there was an extra special event, just because it's SO heavy, I'm afraid I'll break out. Also, it would be nice if it came in a squeeze bottle...I tend to get too much when using it as is.