April 17, 2014 | 1268 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by krys623

This was just ok for me. Nothing really special but the cool looking wand. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by snwsnw

This is one of the worst mascaras of all time! I completely fell for the hype and when my sister in law got a 2 for 1 special and gave me one, I was really excited to try it out. YUCK! It does lengthen but does not hold a curl whatsoever. Who wants long lashes that stick straight out? lol It also does a poor job at giving my lashes any type of volume. I hate the bristles because they are too short and rubbery. I love big, fat, long bristles...those kinds give me the volume and length that I crave. I would never buy this product.
***EDIT*** I guess I'm eating my words. (sort of) I'm changing my rating to a 2 only because I actually did go out and buy this mascara...probably ignorant on my part, but I wanted to give it another try. It's not quite as bad as I once thought, but it's still pretty awful...No curl, no volume, just plain awful.

****EDIT AGAIN****Well, once again, I tried this out again...LMAO! I think either the formula has changed, or now I know how to use this properly. This mascara gives me lush, long, smudgeproof lashes! I'm in love. This has replaced ALL of my mascaras, which is almost impossible! Plus, it's so much cheaper! It reminds me a lot of Max Factor Volume Couture mascara (same company, but very hard to find these days). Lash Blast is a lot easier to get off at the end of the day and gives much more volume...it's also smudgeproof (YES!) :D Even the orange packaging is growing on me...It's super easy to find in my makeup bag! So, all in all, I have completely changed my mind about this little gem...obviously I'm jumping on the bandwagon late!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I wanted to love this product after reading all the rave reviews on here. I thought I found a contender for my HG Maybelline Intense XXL. That product makes me feel like I am wearing falsies.

To start, I have thin wispy and sparse asian lashes. Therefore, I have had a lot of success with mascaras that come with primers. While I agree that Lash Blast is the first mascara I ever tried that didn't clump and separated my lashes very nicely, like others have said I find that it didn't volumize or lengthen my lashes very much. I wish that it built up my lashes more but all it seemed to do was lightly coat them and separate them. I was very disappointed and will likely give this away to a friend or something. However, I could see why those who already have thick and long lashes would like this product. It just doesn't suit my eyelash type.

Edit - 3/24/09: I added a lippie. I found that after applying L'oreal Voluminous to get that fanned look, I use this on top to thicken my lashes by wiggling the brush back and forth from my base to the tips (as others have suggested). This formula is very long lasting and doesn't dry out. I'm still on my first tube and that was a few months ago. Used alone, this didn't do much for me but used as a top coat I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Valsharae

I love this Mascara! I've never bought the Waterproof version, and never will, but the regular Lash Blast is just great for my eyelashes. I love the brush - it separates my lashes beautifully, and always makes my eyes look better after an application. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Shadowline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been testing out drugstore versions of mascara because I can't justify spending $30 for my Chanel Inmitable. I have to say, this isn't the worst mascara I've ever used but it has some problems. The good: I really like the new trend of showing the wand - and the rubber wand is great. It's slightly too large for me, however, and like other reviewers have mentioned, its hard to get smooth application in the corners of my eyes and forget the bottom lashes. It doesn't flake and it doesn't clump. The orange packaging lets me find on my vanity super quick. The real problem is the consistency of the mascara itself - my favorite mascaras have a thicker texture, almost gel like. LashBlast is a bit too watery to really volumize the way it claims. I got my tube for $5 - it does the job but I can't wholeheartedly recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by twinx31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked my first tube alot. Then I bought the waterprof by mistake BIG MISTAKE I really did not like that at all. Now I am so so on my latest tube it is fair but not great kind dry and very clumpy bad coverage. Dont think I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually tried the waterproof version of this mascara and fell in love with it..as for this one...MEH not so much...it does NOTHING for my eyelashes..like I said the waterproof version is EXCELLENT...not sure why this one just isn't....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ifyouknew518

i loveee the orange contaner it comes it

this is the best mascara i have ever tried. it lengthens like no tomorrow. and doesnt clump.

i got 2 for the price of one at walmart. this mascara is definitely a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by rinstarangel

I really really wanted to love this product, but sadly, it is crap. The mascara tube itself is way too thick and has no shape or grip to it. I like the rubber brush but with the design of this mascara, it's hard to reach the corners of the eyes without smearing it all over your eyes. I need to just stick with DiorShow instead of trying to find something cheaper.

EDIT: I gave this mascara another chance and this time it worked out much better. It made my eyelashes stand out and added length and definition. I have the waterproof version and it tended to flake by the end of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by lollipopman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't even know why i bought this.. probably because of drew barrymore. It's a really crap mascara. If it did volumize, then it only vol;umises by 0.1 percent. It falkes and as for the waterproof version, it absolutely refuses to budge even with a waterproof eye make up remover. Don't buy this