Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The wand is too large for my short and sparse eyelashes. Thought, it does give it some volume.

I have mixed opinions about this product. On the plus side, it's the blackest mascara I've ever tried. I washed it off once and was amazed at how black the pigment was on my hand. It also does a decent, average job of volumizing. On the negative side, I hate how silicone mascaras start drying out after six weeks. I know you can run the container under hot water to make the mascara more fluid, but I feel like I shouldn't have to "manage" my cosmetics to make them work. I also think it's just Cover Girl and should be a couple of dollars cheaper. However, I love the container. It's very easy to find in my makeup bag.

YIKES. For long and fine lashes, this is terrible!! Clumps, weird texture, too much, ugh, nasty. I know many people who love this, but for my type of lashes it is not what I'd want to accentuate them at all.

on 2/20/2009 1:29:00 AM

This is a good mascara. It gives the lashes a very thick, long, and voluminous look for a very inexpensive price. I love big brush, although it may be semi difficult for some, it really adds thickness and seems to bump up every lash. The only dilemma with this mascara is that is does flake. For a while your lashes look great! But, after a long day of school or work, you come home to some definite mascara flakes.

on 2/20/2009 12:20:00 AM

I love this mascara. It is a very good, all-around mascara. It thickens, lengthens, and defines my lashes. It also holds a curl well. And it doesn't flake.

The brush does take some getting used to, but you will hardly notice it after a week's worth of practice. The first week I started using this, I was close to giving up because the brush is just sooo big. But now that I am used it the brush, I cannot imagine myself without this mascara.

It is not the best at thickening (I have Lancome Fatale for that). But this is my go-to mascara for everyday.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT...I ALREADY HAVE LONG LASHES....BUT THIS SEPERATES SO WELL...ESPECIALLY IF YOU SHAKE IN BETWEEN YOUR EYELASHES...ITS BANGIN

on 2/19/2009 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I heard so much good stuff about this product, and a little negative, too, but I decided to give into the hype and buy it. Overall, it's just like any other mascara I've ever had- the wand doesn't bother me as much as I thought...as long as you're familiar enough with make up to operate a mascara wand you can fenagle a way to use it. But, just like any other mascara, it flakes, lengthens and curls and average amount, but it's overall just average. Still on the search for the perfect mascara.

on 2/17/2009 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This mascara lengthens like crazy. I'm used to products that volumize, but do nothing for length. I was surprised that my lashes could actually be this long! It does volumize as well, so in terms of desired effects, no drawbacks at all. I noticed a few flakes after several hours, but nothing too severe. The packaging is unnecessarily bulky, but that's forgivable. It may be too early, but this could be HG material. Oh, and buy it on sale at Wal-Mart if you can. You'll get a great deal that way.

on 2/17/2009 4:43:00 PM

I got this for free at a promotion booth.My co-worker loved it and i read many good reviews about it. I was even reading some magazines where celebs listed as their IT product.

However i didn't like it because once it dried, it clumped up into lumps and i had to use my fingers to separate my lashes. I think i will stick to my Benefit BADgal Lash.

on 2/17/2009 2:10:00 PM

I've heard/read so many great things about this product, and was really excited about trying it out. Unfortunately i was SO SO SOOOO disappointed. While it does lengthen pretty well, it doesn't volumize, nor does it hold a curl well. Actually, it doesn't hold a curl AT ALL. I think i'm going to stick with CG's volume exact and perhaps use this one as a 2nd coat for additional lengthening.

Video Reviews & Tutorials