Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 2/14/2009 1:29:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for 6 months now and I really like it. It visibly lengthens my lashes and has NEVER clumped on me, unlike every other mascara I've used. I will definitely continue to buy this.

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I've purchased it twice and I only give it a 3. With all the mascaras out there, you're probably wondering why, I would re-purchase a mascara that I would give such a mediocre rating...Well, for two reasons: 1. I ran out of my current mascara and the closest Sephora is 40 minutes away...I did not plan ahead of time :); 2. I knew what I was getting, I wasn't interested in trying a bunch of other drugstore mascaras and playing hit or miss for the next couple of days.

The problem I find with this mascara is not the the formula itself, it's the stupid cumbersome wand. This thing must have been designed by a man who thinks that bigger is better. The very first time I put that thing in my hand it was awkward. The end of the wand that you hold as you're applying is tapered, so I cannot tell you how many times that thing has slipped out between my fingers and fallen to the floor or into my lap.

Another thing that I dislike is the tip of the wand. It's too big to efficiently get into the corners of my eyes, and the little spikes to separate lashes on the very tip of the wand are barely existent (resulting in a lot of product buildup)...the combination of those two factors result in heavy clumping at the inner corners of my eyes and criss-crossed lashes.

I really think that if they re-designed the wand for LB, this would be a much better product, because like I said I think that the formula is great. I personally don't have problems with flaking, smudging, raccoon eyes...nothing like that. The mascara does give my nice looking lashes; much fuller than a lot of other mascaras. If I used a lash comb after using this stuff, my eyelashes usually look pretty amazing. The wand just sucks...it's too big, too clumsy and not efficient.

on 2/14/2009 12:11:00 AM

I was very disappointed, but mostly because I have heard such raving reviews about it so had my hopes high. It isn't a bad product. It is just not that great.
I am still looking for my dream mascara.

on 2/14/2009 12:04:00 AM

Sooo not impressed. :P The wand is horrible, the whole package is too chunky to maneuver properly and the product itself is sticky and clumpy. It remained sticky all day too. Yuck. Will not repurchase. Will probably just toss, actually. :P

on 2/13/2009 12:40:00 PM

Curling your lashes makes all the difference! My friend even asked if I was wearing fake eyelashes! Doesn't leave clumps and extends your lashes

on 2/12/2009 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is a good product, I haven't had any problems with clumping or sticking. I can't comment on length as my lashes are very long but I don't believe in lengthing claims. It doesn't smudge or leave little black pearls in my tearducts like some more expensive mascaras.

on 2/12/2009 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product
i love the way that it didn't clumps on my lashes
and it do really the way that it volumize my lashes
i do really recommend this mascara :)!

on 2/12/2009 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this mascara so much. I already have long thick black lashes, but this mascara lengthens and enhances them so well. And best of all...NO CLUMPING whatsoever. I love this stuff!!!! And I love the brush it is so unique and I think it is because of the brush that there is no clumping.

on 2/12/2009 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Ok, where to start?
The wand is huge, too huge in fact. You won't be able to reach the corners!
It clumped on me so badly =( I probably had a bad product unluckily. I heard others had no problem with clumping... After 2 coats it was game over.
It was voluminous.
Have to admit there it had a "blasting" look but the clumping really made me dissapointed.

Will NOT buy this again.

on 2/11/2009 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

So late to the party - apparently the launch of LB was delayed in NZ by almost a year as demand in other parts of the world was so high. Thanks a lot MUA :-)

While it wasn't exactly worth waiting for, this is an OK mascara, I don't notice any volumising effect with just one coat, in fact to make this mascara really work for me, I brush through with an old Chanel Inimitable brush between coats.

The pluses for me are: a great colour (very black) that doesn't grey out, a reasonable lengthening effect, and good buildability without clumps. My lashes stay soft even with a number of coats.
The cons are the: the amount of work that this needs to go from OK lashes to noticeable lashes. The infamous brush size isn't a problem as such - although more of a tapered end and a better surface-finish for grip on the brush handle would have been nice.

Popular Mascaras