April 17, 2014 | 1834 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

i think this foundation is great,but the color range does not provide for my medium to dark, yellow undertoned skin tone. fresh beige is too light while true beige is too dark.if you're having the same shade problem the photo ready line provides yellow under-toned friendly shades,but w/out the color stay quality

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by bchung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off I have light skin with yellow undertones. The first time I bought this product I was really pale so I got it in Ivory. DO NOT make the same mistake I did because it was way too pink! If you have yellow undertones go with the beiges or buffs!!! I'm not that picky when it comes to packaging and I don't mind that this has no pump, but it can get messy. Also, for me, the coverage is a little much, so I just mix it with some moisterizer to dilute it (works like a charm!).

Pros:
    -really good coverage (mix with moisterizer to make a tinted moisterizer)
    -doesn't look too cakey (LESS IS MORE)
    -great colour selection
    -there's a lot of product in the bottle

Cons:
    -a little pricey, but still affordable (buy it on sale!)
    -can get pretty messy because of the huge opening

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Libs96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have very oily skin and i have acne, i was looking for a foundation that would last long and cover well without looking cakey. i watched SO many reviews on youtube about revlon colorstay and decided to buy it and give it a go. the packaging is cute but the pour lid is kinda annoying and it comes out very quickly. the coverage is very good and i didnt even need concealer but its very obvious and also makes me look plastic and fake. it has some good things about it but i wouldnt recommend it and i wouldnt buy it again. saying that it is good for night time events like clubbing but for day time its too heavy and cakey for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great stuff, sh*ty container. Good coverage, blendable, great staying power. But awful packaging. Oh well, that won't stop me from re perchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by elnayle

I decided to purchase this product after watching some youtube gurus claimed that it was an "amazing" product. Now, I can't agree with them, but they're not completely exaggerating. This product lays on fairly thickly. I tend to dilute it by adding my face lotion to it to create a sort of tinted moisturizer. A little bit of this foundation goes a long way. It does very well with evening out your skin tone. I also find that if you layer a bit of the foundation over a blemish or a scar, it'll cover it right up!

I purchased the formula for combination and oily skin, but I am still oily after a few hours. It doesn't mattify your face, but it does an excellent job at staying on. Well, most of it does, anyway. Whenever I go to blot my face, I find that product rubs off a bit.

I will repurchase again, I think that it gives a fairly natural coverage.

This is definitely a full coverage foundation that could be converted to a lighter coverage if mixed in with a moisturizing lotion. A little bit definitely goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Marsinail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish there were more yellow-toned colors and that it came with a pump. To make it blend better, not dry as quickly, and more yellow, I add a tiny bit of lotion and yellow concealer. That works wonders for me. Took off a lippie for lack of color selection and pump. But, other than that, I like the staying power, the finish, and the coverage it gives me when I alter it. Would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by mei696

Okay, this is one of the foundation that i do adore! it was my first Liquid foundation aswel! heard so many good reviews about it so i thought why not just test it out. When i first put it on, i thort it looked kinda heavy as i dont wear heavy make up. (Back then i just used bare minerals) I didn't find it hard to blend be honest. I guess im just quick at everything :) i give this a 4/5 because i think they could have done well with the packaging. I be happy if there was a little pump or something. Because everytime i wana use the foundation it just comes out alot from the bottle. So thats a downside, SPF6 i think it was..hmm wish there had a higher spf..but never mind. Overal i do like it very much; gives me good coverage it hides away redness very well; blemishes etc. I def be buying this product again! and i would recommend this to everyone to give it ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by matetsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first ever liquid foundation purchase. I'm so skeptical when it comes to purchasing make-up products. I must say this is my HG foundation.

To be honest, I have received lots of good feedbacks from my college friends. They couldn't believe how much my skin looked so good and flawless. And I told them, it's just the foundation. So they end up asking what it is and where I got it.

So basically the foundation creates a smooth finish which I totally love. It hides the redness or what I call the little spider veins found under my nose -- but it's more of the inside part so I'm thankful it's really not that visible. I wouldn't want to go out the house of I don't wear this (But I don't go out the house everyday). To top off my foundation, I just use my Maybelline Clear Smooth powder, which I believe, it also helped a me lot in receiving those compliments. The lasting power is EXCELLENT. Just be sure to bring a compact powder with you if you really have oily skin.

Some say they don't recommend this as an everyday foundation since it has an ingredient not suitable for everyday use. I'd say just be sure you gotta clean out your face when you want to remove this off right before you sleep so as not to create breakouts. As for me, I use a scrub with an electronic rotating brush (got from Watsons Phils. similar to a Clarisonic) then a toner to wash off remaining residue. Make-up remover is helpful in removing my eyeliner and other spots, too.

I would definitely buy this foundation!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by BAGBARBIE

I use Revlon Colorstay in Mahagony as a medium to full coverage. I use my MSF powder to set the Colorstay. It gives me a nice little glow and yes I will buy this product again. The packaging would be a better if it came with a pump. Also, it dries very quick so you have to apply this product in sections and blend very quick to avoid streaks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

broke me out with cystic acne very quickly. hard to blend, looks like a mask, doesnt give me the flawless look that i want in a foundation...