August 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by craneoncoffee

For all you ladies, including myself, who have complained about the packaging of this product, we are in LUCK!
    They have airless, sanitary pump bottles for cosmetics for sale! Best of all, they are re-usable! Simply pour your Revlon Colorstay into the bottle, snap the cap, and voila! Pumpable foundation! =) I peeled the label off of my Revlon and stuck it onto my pump bottle to make it "look more professionl".
    You can buy them in sets of (2bottles) for around $3.99 on ebay.
    Here's the link: http://health-beauty.shop.ebay.com/Health-Beauty-/26395/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=nicomsupply&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282
    ENJOY!!! =D

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by 88porsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this product for a few years before i decided to make the switch to mineral makeup, mostly because they had the closest coloring to yellow undertones I could get from drugstore brands. I was always afraid to switch from liquid foundation because of my acne and associated scarring, but I'm glad I did! Though this foundation is longer lasting than others I've tried and they have good color choices, its also very oily at the end of the day and its very very heavy feeling. It's also very difficult to wash off, which was sometimes a plus for me since its nice to wear to the pool!! It does cover very well and I could wear it on its own. It may have been better with a primer underneath for oil and some mattifying powders, but I was constantly touching up my face and it didnt last the whole day. The worse thing was that my breakouts never got any better while using this, I had them pretty regularly but regarded that as just my skin type. After I switched to bare escentuals my face has started clearing up and my complexion is improving, so on second thought this foundation may have been part of my problem all along.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ilovebourjois

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is very very cakey on my oily/normal skin. 2 minutes after applying.it settles into the pores around my nose and looks terrible. It also doesnt last on my oily t-zone,which surprised me considering all the raving reviewas..
    The packaging is AWFUL. too much product comes out no matter what,which is a massive waste of product. And this foundation is expensive for the drugstore. My skin looks dry and cakey when i wear this foundation. Not worth it in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by iazngurl510i

I've been using BareMinerals for a while now since powder foundation is easier to match your skin tone with than liquid. I decided to try liquid foundation again and Revlon Colorstay had great reviews so I decided to give it a try. I actually love this product although I wouldn't want to use it everyday. It's kind of on a heavier side for me, but this product gives great coverage. I have acne so it doesn't completely cover up my blemishes so well. If I use my Sonia Kashuk hidden agenda concealer before this product then this foundation works great. If you have acne skin, I recommend a concealer before you use this product. If not, I think because this product gives such great coverage you can do without. On another note, I recommend applying with a wet sponge (squeezed out of course) if you want a lighter coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Reira

Great foundation for it's price. Excellent coverage. Friendly to my acne-prone skin.

However, it can get rather cakey after a while. Beware.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by DNS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I found that the one for oily/combo was too dry and dried too fast. I like the original better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You would think that after all these years, Revlon would get their shades up to date. I'm a hard match (NC40) but imo Revlong missed the yellow-based shade boat for years now. I'm not quite as pigmented as Halle Berry, who Ibelieve wears Toast. Toast is more yellow based, but too dark for me. The shade that comes before Toast is (I believe) Caramel, which does not work at all for me.

Now let's talk about the formulation. This gets into my pores and is really hard to wash out. I have not used it with my Clarisonic because I returned this to the store because I didn't get a good shade match. That said, I found this to be messy, hard to wash off and it stained. Not good! I think my money is better invested L'Oreal Colormatch, which by comparison is am amazing drugstore brand, although not as long lasting as the Revlon. This taught me a good lesson though - I really don't need a heavy-duty foundation in terms of staying power, just coverage. This was a no for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good foundation. I find that applying it with a brush or fingers makes me look dead--I strongly recommend one use a wet sponge to apply!

I actually don't think the coverage of acne/pigmentation marks is that great...it does last all day, however. It looks nice upon the skin (when applied wet, for me).

It dries really quickly so you have to blend quickly. Use small amounts at a time too.

I would repurchase but it was just taking too much time out of my morning routine and I have found better coverage from even powder foundations.

Update: This is probably the best liquid foundation out there if you're looking for LONG-lasting (seriously, it doesn't budge and REAL (medium-full) coverage. My favorite way to apply it is with the [damp] Beauty blender. 5 lippies!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by misty3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

awesome foundation! gives a full coverage and stays on all day long. It even stayed on while I went swimming! This is my new foundation, will definately be buying again. Only con I had was that the price was a little too high! Mine was 14 dollars & from WalMart. Other than that, awesome foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

i think this foundation is great,but the color range does not provide for my medium to dark, yellow undertoned skin tone. fresh beige is too light while true beige is too dark.if you're having the same shade problem the photo ready line provides yellow under-toned friendly shades,but w/out the color stay quality