September 22, 2014 | 1284 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Jmorton07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must admit, I like this a lot more than I thought I would! It's my first drug store mascara, and I was previously using Diorshow so I totally expected this to not live up to the hype I had heard. But for me, it works! It gives similar results to my Dior (maybe even better), but unlike the Dior, it's not flaking under my eye within 2 hours, which was really bothering me. Considering it's less than half the price, I'm impressed! I think I'll stick with it for awhile!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by nata_lilie

In general, I like this mascara - the very black is indeed quite black. It goes on relatively clump free, the big brush is nice. This doesn't lengthen my lashes or thicken them as well as Benefit BadGal (which is what I was using before this) but it does a better job of thickening then some of the more natural looking mascaras (like Clinique's Naturally Glossy). This is gentle on you lashes, won't dry them up and break them but I find it VERY flaky. I barely touch my eyes and it looks like I sprinkled soot on my cheeks. I probably wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by laughing

I love this mascara. The huge brush is hard to get used to, I did poke myself in the eye the first few times. But once you've got the hang of it: beautiful. Gives me amazing volume and length in a deep black color. I love huge dramatic lashes, my lashes are naturally thick and long, and applying this by wiggling it at the root and sweeping up really makes an impact. Creates and holds a curl nicely. The plastic wand also combs through the lashes nicely and doesn't leave clumps. Doesn't irritate my sometimes sensitive eyes either. The orange tube is kinda big and obnoxious but oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by BlackBirdFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my very favorite makeup product. It makes my lashes look super long and thick. I haven't had any problem with clumping which seems to be my main problem with mascara. I think the tube is extra cute as well! I really love the chunky, bright orange tube. I could go on forever about how much I love this mascara. I will continue to buy this, however, I think next time I might try Lash Blast Luxe I believe it's called because I love the idea of adding a hint of color to my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by carolsohn

I bought this about 3 months ago and it is officially my FAVORITE mascara! I am a drugstore brand mascara junkie (and bargainer). I own: Maybelline Great Lash, Black Magic Mascara, Maybelline Lash Stylist, Maybelline Define-A-Lash, Wet n' Wild Mega Lash, CoverGirl Lash Blast, and more. But I can confidently say that Lash Blast is the best! I have it in Very Black. I'm of an Asian background, so I have fairly thick and short lashes. The wand is which enables it to grasp and deposit color on my lashes well. It gives extreme volume and does not clump! I don't have to use those time-consuming lash combs now. My lashes look so full now, and this mascara adds a bit of drama. I'm glad to say it does not flake or fall-out. It also holds the curl in my lashes pretty well. If I go over with a second coat of mascara, it still doesn't clump.. only plumps them up some more! The only cons I would say is the strong chemical smells, and the price for a drugstore brand ($9-10). I guess that actual product and its results are what's worth of money. I don't know if the packaging is good or bad-- I would assume there would be untouchable mascara on the sides in the inside that the wand is unable to reach. This is my go-to mascara and I'm absolutely in LOVE with it! I will definitely repurchase it when I'm out.

5 months later update:
STILL USING AND STILL MY FAVORITE. 2nd TUBE!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by holdener4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this the other day and I love it! It makes my lashes look full of volume and doesn't clump a lot. I use Sonia Kashuk's eye lash comb to get any clumps I do get out. My lashes look perfect. Great mascara for straight, short, thin lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by readingredocean

This comes third to my favourite mascara, Covergirl Super Thick Lash and second fav, Max Factor 2000 Calorie. It holdes curl, gives natural volume and definition, but for some drama I need to put on at least 3 coats. I find the packaging annoying...can't figure out why they need to make it so big! I'm not a fan of the new plastic bristles all the companies insist on for their mascaras nowadays - I don't find them as effective in reaching the lashes and giving oomph...and I can't replace the wand with another mascara wand that I prefer because the packaging is so huge.

Edit: Unfortunately, I can't continue to use this as I've developed a sensitivity to it...red, itchy and irritated eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by jelly_bean

I like this mascara. I have oily skin and most other mascaras will flake or smudge on me. I also work out almost every day - and this mascara never budges! I never find any under my eyes. This mascara does not give dramatic results for me, but nicely adds a bit of volume without clumps.
Until I find something else that stays put, is gentle, and doesn't clump like lash blast - I'll keep purchasing this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by fashnvictm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found the huge brush cumbersome and could barely use it. In fact, I threw it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by sandy123

Ok. So I bought this product because I heard a lot of good reviews about it, but when I bought it and tried it? It was no difference. The smell was the worst part. It gave me a horrible head ache all day and the product wasn't even that good. I've only used it twice and I haven't touched it ever since and no i will not be buying this product again.