August 30, 2014 | 1809 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2002 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Tammy166

This is the only facial lotion that doesn't make my face feel itchy, and gives it weird pink bumps. So gentle and smooth. Not oily at all. I think this was made for people with normal to dry skin in mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2001 1:42:00 AM More reviews by HarleyQuinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't understand the poor reviews, I love this! My skin can get very dry and so far this is the only thing that works. The perfect moisturizer (for me anyway!)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2001 10:42:00 PM More reviews by s1syphus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is more a moisterizer for those with dry or sensative skin. It's too heavy/greasy for anyone else. My friend who has easily irritated, dry skin swears by it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2001 7:31:00 PM More reviews by alexsoliman

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product, but it has pros and cons. My skin is especially dry, and on really dry days, I need to add another moisturizer to it. I love it because it goes on non-greasy, spreads nicely, and is unscented. It also absorbs really well, and really fast. Because my skin is so dry, however, I end up using quite a bit, or adding a heavier moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2001 3:25:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the lotion. I've been using since I was 11 on parts of my face that are really dry, which isn't too much at all. But when I was younger I had a really bad problem w/ my nose being really dry & always peeling, this was the only stuff that made it go away. Now that it's getting cold, even here in CA, I use this under my eyes @ night because I get those same dry flakes. I used this one time & they went away. I don't think I'd go out & buy a full bottle of this stuff, but those little sample bottles that come w/ GWP last me forever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2001 8:42:00 AM More reviews by bastet

This just did nothing for me except for sitting on my skin and looking greasy (maybe also clogging pores). There may be people out there who like it but I can't quite understand why. It contains mostly paraffin oil and sesame oil and no really "special ingredient" that would justify the price. The packaging is horrid since you never can get all of the product out of that square glass bottle (this was probably their intention). You can get comparable stuff at the drugstore for a lot less $$. I quite dislike their 3step skincare products, but apart from these Clinique does have some skincare worth looking at (Total turnaround, Moisture Surge, All About Eyes, Gentle Exfoliator, Moisture on call, Emergency Mask... also their cleansers are nice if you use them INSTEAD of the soap and not together with it).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2001 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Anne

I've never actually purchased this - just using a lot of the small gwp bottles. It sucks as a facial moisturizer, but it works VERY well as a body lotion. I like to bring it on trips, since the bottles are so small. Packaging is not so good, because it's hard to get the lotion out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2001 8:18:00 PM More reviews by starl3tta

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I guess this product was okay.

It was sort of greasy, but it did moisturize.

My skin is 'perfect' so I don't normally use moisturizer... Studies (however) have shown moisturizers cause you to break out, so this is just sitting there on my shelf.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2001 11:15:00 AM More reviews by rjulie510

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin that is combination during summer, and dry in all other seasons. I basically bought this lotion because it was so famous and cheap compared to other department store brands. During summer, it was too greasy. Especially when I applied under makeup, even shine control gel did not help much. During fall, I noticed that my face was still dry even after using tons of this lotion. Right now my face is full of pimples (chin, cheeks, forehead), and tiny sit under eyes. Plus, my face is all red and became very sensitive. This probably is one of the worst litions I ever bought. I sincerely regret using this lotion. Not it will take some time and money to brin gmy skin back to normal. My recommendation is NEVER, EVER! buy this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2001 10:33:00 PM More reviews by blyss

Yup, different would be the right word for this. Of all the common dept store makeup, I think Clinique is missing the boat and this product shows. First of all, it's expensive for the amount and what it's supposed to do. It has no special acid or anything that would cause it to be that expensive. Another thing is the feeling. It is not quick to absorb. Lastly, it smells like an old lady. The other ladies on here have the right opinion of this one... save your money.