Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 8/1/2010 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I read rav reviews on this product and thought I'd give it a try. I was really skeptical about buying a liquid foundation since I have been using mineral makeup the majority of the time since I got into makeup but I really like this product. It has medium to heavy coverage, so it's best not to wear if you don't want people to know you are wearing makeup. I have extremely oily acne-prone skin so I was looking for something that would help with oil control while not breaking me out. This product stayed on my face all day, I repeat ALL day. This is the first ever foundation that I have tried that does it. I exfoliate my skin after I wear this because it's extremely hard to get off. This breaks out my skin so badly though, so I only use it on a PRN basis. If you have sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend this. AND The makeup is somewhat difficult to apply, which is why I gave it 3 lips. Even with a wedge or sponge it seems to dry too quickly - so I just use my hands and wash them off when I'm finished. Also, you have to be really careful with the color selection. I use early tan and it fits my skin alright, but I know if I got any darker it would make my skin look very sickly. Don't be afraid to try this while you're at the store because I think it looks so much darker in the bottle and on your hand than it does on your face.

on 8/1/2010 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep coming back to this foundation as a good staple on days that I need heavier coverage. It can look too heavy and mask-like unless I apply it with a damp sponge, which gives a more natural look. Although it has a pretty good color selection, I find it difficult to find a shade that's yellow enough for my complexion, the closest is Golden Beige, so that's what I'm using now, sometimes mixing with Buff for when I'm more pale. I also like how it comes with the options of Combo/Oily which I use in the summer, and Normal/Dry, which I use in the winter. And the SPF is a plus.

on 8/1/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the spf 15 foundation version and it provides good coverage. I took a lippie off because the bottle does not have a pump.

on 7/31/2010 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading many, many good reviews of this product, I went out and purchased it for myself, since my favorite foundation has just been discontinued.

It's a decent product, but I don't really get all the rave reviews, maybe it just doesn't work with my skin type? It dries very quickly, so you have to apply super fast, and it always looks just a little cakey to me. Also, it's pretty heavily scented, and I can smell it on my face all day. That's fine if you like the smell, but I don't.

The worse thing about this product is that it is SO hard to remove. I have to use make up remover and then scrub a ton just to get it off. I didn't realize this until after the first couple of uses, I thought I had removed it all, but I hadn't, and I started to break out. Since I've figured out how to remove it, I haven't been breaking out.

I do like the coverage this provides, but I'm not sure I'll repurchase.

on 7/31/2010 4:31:00 PM

Really didn't like this foundation. It didn't seem to give me much coverage at all. It smells a bit funky also which puts me off. I also think it'd be far easier if it had a pump. But I'll be sticking to my MUFE HD foundation.

on 7/31/2010 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

-Good medium to heavy coverage
-Quite difficult to blend. Therefore, I mixed it with 5% of my moisturizer.
-Face stays MATTE all day.
-After a few hours of wearing, this foundation tend to oxidize a little and turns ashy and darker.
-Funky smell.

Overall, good coverage, buildable, controls oil really good but try not to wear it for too long. Too bad the color range available in my country has only 5 shades. Ridiculous.

on 7/31/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have tried alot of foundations, I have oily skill and most of them just the oilyness worse, or it doesn't cover my acne. I found this product covers my acne fairly well, and I can wear it all day with out my face feeling dirty like most foundations make it feel. It doesn't transfer to my phone when I hold it to my face, and it seems to stay put all day! Some days it looks better than others days, but I guess it depends on how I feel about my face overall on the particular day, but overall a good choice if you have oily skin.

on 7/30/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Full coverage, one of the best drugstore foundations out there, but color selection is poor. I'm yellow undertoned, whereas many of the foundations were pink.
Otherwise, this foundation is pretty great.

on 7/30/2010 8:17:00 PM

I have a habit of changing foundations like I change my jeans but I may stick to this one for a while. I just weaned myself off of MUFE mat velvet because my face seems to start hating foundations after a while. I was browsing MUA for recommendations for my combo skin and came across great reviews of this. I noticed that its a little hard to apply using a brush or fingers as it dries rather rapidly. I've discovered the best way to apply it: use a damp makeup sponge! It goes on like a dream and you can go back over blemished areas without looking like you applied it with a paint roller. Very excited about this.

on 7/30/2010 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

PLEASE OH PLEASE REVLON, JUST ADD A PUMP! The pump is the only reason I would not re-buy this product. It's tiresome to slowly pour out the foundation, praying that not too much comes out and having to shovel it back in when it does. The soft flex is also a problem. The tiny little sparkles in this foundation do make your face look dewy however this foundation has the Edward Cullen effect; glitter and white cast. Two of my least favourite things in a foundation. The coverage is why I keep on getting this product. Amazingly excellent coverage, it's like an HD foundation. Although this foundation is very thick, I don't really mind. You can always mix this in with your sunscreen or moisterizer.