L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 9/28/2004 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was really curious about this foundation. Unfortunately after just 3 uses I am going to chuck it. At first it's great. I have never had a foundation truly match my skin. The coverage was grade the shade was great. But within 2 hours my face is like an oil slick. My skin has actually been really dry lately so it doesn't make much sense. Except that like that last L'Oreal foundation I tried , Ideal Balance, this is apparently really oily. Oh and guess what? I have lots of new pimples thanks to this foundation. Too bad, I had high hopes for this one.

on 9/27/2004 11:25:00 AM

OMG- I love this foundation. I have been on an endless quest for a decent foundation that covers my rosacea redness, doesn't accentuate dry patches, lasts all day and leaves skin with a natural, flawless and dewy finish. I selected N2 which seems to be an awesome match for me. I had originally chose C3 which was wayyy too dark out in the natural sunlight- saw the jaw "line". Anyway, I highly recommend this foundation. I like it way better than the bottles of Lancome and Clarins. I gave those away- they sucked!

on 9/27/2004 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I can't afford the best foundation I have found (Estee Lauder Ideal Matte), I have found this to be a good substitute. It blends very well, covers but does not feel too thick or cakey. Color is perfect (no neck line). Does not break me out at all. I prefer the slightly better coverage and longer lasting-ness of the EL and also find True Match can be a little tough to wash off, but all in all, a very good, inexpensive drugstore foundation.

on 9/21/2004 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

True Match is the first foundation I've tried that isn't a full-coverage, matte foundation. I have red acne marks on my face and in the past I've used heavier foundations to cover them up (e.g. Cover Girl Ultimate Finish, Revlon Colorstay). However, I've always been less than pleased with the colours, and for some reason, I have a habit of picking out shades that end up making me look very pale. So, I decided to give True Match a whirl (at $9.99 the price is certainly right), and asked the SA at Shoppers to help me choose a shade. I ended up going with N3 (Natural Buff).

This foundation shade does match my skin tone very well, without looking masklike, and it didn't discolour as the day went on. The coverage is fairly sheer, but it still goes a long way in evening out the flaws. Although the foundation did break up a bit due to my oily skin, it still didn't look too bad by the end of the day (I had set it with pressed powder).

Overall, I'm fairly pleased with True Match. It's a good foundation for days when I don't want an extremely "made-up" look, and it will probably help me make the transition from heavy matte foundations to more natural-looking makeup products like this one.

Edit:I've noticed that although the colour of this foundation looks fine in fluorescent light, it looks a bit off in natural light (it looks too dark and too peach) so I have to knock off a point for that. I might give W2 a try... continued >>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Well, I'll be the 1st to admit I'm no foundation expert.With that being said, I wasn't about to spend tons of money in a dept. store for a high end foundation because it's something I don't use everyday.

Anyway, because L'Oreal had discontinued their Translucide line (the Golden Beige was perfect for me), I had to find a replacement. I loved the fact that I was able to buy samples to experiment on my self to find out what worked best. It was only $2.00 at Rite Aid & came with a $2.00 off coupon in it. I'm of a deeper tone,so I started off with the Level 6 range & the W6-Sun beige was a darn good match. I was in great luck because Walgreens had this BOGOF & I used the coupon & got a pressed powder with it. In all, I paid about 3.75 for it.

Packaging is basic. The product itself blends smoothly (I use a make up sponge). I used the sample size for a few days to determine if it cause any adverse skin reactions--none.:-). The only reason why I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because 1) the shade range could be a bit wider on both ends of the spectrum 2) the sample packs could be more widely available. I would've purchased this much sooner if it were. This product has been out on the market since at least the beginning of this year, & I had not seen a trial set until Tuesday of this past week at the Rite Aid down the street from my job. I'm in the drugstores every week so I know when something is new.

on 9/17/2004 9:04:00 PM

I am a foundation queen (means I'm always on the serach of the perfect foundation. ) This is the BEST drugstore brand foundation I have ever used in my life!!! The coverage is sheer but covers most minor flaws. With a touch of concealer, I think that this can easily compete with MAC and Estee Lauder.

I have combo/dry skin with flaky cheeks. This foundation DOES NOT accentuate the dry patches on my cheeks and does not settle in the pores. This is in fact quite a surprise because even for department store foundations,it is not common to come across a foundation with these 2 superior qualities....

This foundation gives you an appearance of healthy skin. The key to get it to work well on you is to find the right shade. I have never seen a foundation that blends so well like this before. No streaks or anything like that..

The only drawback is that even in the warm tone shades, the colours are still too peach..not yellow or gold.

on 9/16/2004 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this hoping that it would be great but it wasn't. The color did match my skin perfectly though...it did not come off at night when I washed my face. It sort of seemed like it was absorbed...it made me break out - badly. I was so upset, I really liked this stuff.

on 9/15/2004 5:57:00 PM

Depending on your purpose, this is a good product. Being extremely fair, I don't have much choice in the color spectrum, I just grab the lightest shade which can sometimes be too dark. I tried the little sample bottles of this stuff (pick your shade and you get a little warm, neutral, and cool vial) and I love the little "spatulas" that come hooked into the lid. Very cute and multi-use (I hate 1x use samples). As far as color goes, I still got the lightest shade, but it really works with my skin. But as far as the product goes, I'm not much of a foundation person anyway, but I tried entire-face application and I don't especiall care for it. It really works though to use it over yellow concealor on under-eye circles to get everything blended harmoniously. I can also use it as a spot treatment for light coverage of things like facial veins. I decided to buy the big vial of W1 because Walgreens was having a bogo on face products so I got it free with some pressed powder (my foundation alternative)

on 9/12/2004 3:34:00 PM

where do I start? I'm not much of an expert on foundations but I've been using drugstore brands (maybelline, covergirl, loreal etc) for years due to my strangely-toned skin. I'm half spanish, half white with "light" olive coloured skin with not a HINT of pink/orange in it. this is half the problem with finding a right shade, I also have very oily skin with major skin discolourations so I never leave home without makeup (maybe im too vain!). When I first saw an ad for true match in ALLURE I was hoping it woud be my HG for colour/coverage, I was in a rush so I quickly searched through the warm shades for the yellowest/non pinkest shade and grabbed W4. It seemed to match my skin from what I could tell, although I didn't like the glycerin based oily feel of the make up at all. It felt like I was literally painting my face with this stuff. I also applied it heavily to make sure it covered the red scarring & skin discolourations. BIG MISTAKE. this product isnt meant to be slathered on at all - it WILL look like a mask/turn a darker colour if applied layer upon layer - my friend pointed out my "make up line" while I was giving her a ride home and I held a mirror up in natural light - you could SEE the line under my jaw all the way to my ear of a darker-orangeshade. SO EMBARASSING! Anyway I went to the store and bought one shade lighter in the same undertone (w3) and while it does seem to match my skin better, it has a more pink/orange undertone rather than gold. Ive onlybeen using this colour for a couple days ill update soon.

on 9/11/2004 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very nice foundation. I've always liked L'oreal, and this is another good one. I have combo skin and this is not too dry or too oily for me, but I think it would not be suitable for people at either extreme end of the spectrum. Colour is great, goes on smooth and has a silky matte finish.