September 30, 2014 | 1619 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2004 2:21:00 PM More reviews by alicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The color matched very well but the texture left a lot to be desired. I found it nigh on impossible to blend over my sunscreen (Eucerin SPF 30). It always looked cakey and unnatural. On the bright side, it did keep my T-zone matte. I think it also made me break out a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2004 12:14:00 AM More reviews by pulidobl

This is department store quality at mass market prices ($8). It lives up to it's hype. Nice touch is there are tester units for ALL the colors at the stores I've seen it at. Unfortunately, I can not find a really good match for my skin. I am between a level 2 and 3. It's like they skipped a level or something (?) I purchased N3, which will work better on me in the summer. A note of caution - the 'N" series is not really neutral IMO. I detect more of a peach undertone to these. (Edited 2/2/2004)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2004 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ashjmcc

the foundation went on easy and seemed to match my skin well but within a week i was breaking out everywhere and i never break out. tossing the bottle out now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2004 7:05:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer foundations in a pump bottle for sanitary reasons. This does not have a pump. Most drugstore stuff doesn't though. At $10 a bottle, pretty pricey. Lots of shade options. I've never been able to match a L'oreal foundation before. here I match N3, I'm MAC NC30 in studiofix. Very good match.

The best thing is the feel, blends very well, then sets. Feels high-end. This is one that will be improved with a foundation brush. NOT FOR OILY SKIN. It will gather and look gross. Also, despite good pigment density, NOT FOR COVERING ZITS. The formulation is thin, for an unmasky look, but will not fill in or cover any protrusions, flakes, other texture difficulties. In general gives a smooth look, but this is a light-med foundation, not a med-heavy. Keep that in mind.

I recommend this for combo or dry skin, I recommend it with a foundation brush, and with a primer. It has the possibility that it will give you perfect looking natural looking skin, but you must be the right skin type and also learn to work with it using other tools. Best contender of the year for an HG liquid foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2004 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Nathalie

I'm so excited about this foundation! First of all, there are testers, so you can get a perfect match. N2 suited me perfectly, this is one of the first times a foundation just blends into my skin so flawlessly, even outside in the bright sun, it's the same exact shade of my neck. Doesn't turn orange or blotchy on me which is a first. I have combo/acne prone skin and I'm a little worried of it breaking me out. This probably won't work for me in the summer because it does tend to smear off if you touch your face and my skin gets a little oily. I can't stop touching my face(which could be bad) because it feels so silky and smooth, believe me..my skin is nowhere near perfect but this makes it look quite decent! Update: I want to find a foundation with the texture and the way it looks like on me when I first put it on. But it needs to stay on all day long! This rubs off by mid day, I think. Hasn't broken me out and I'm extremely acne prone. Will use this up, but probably will not repurchase. LLL cool-toned. brown hair/eyes.

Another Update: I think this crap broke me out..big time!! Grrr

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by deserae

When I first tried this on my cheek, it blended so well I doubted it would cover anything, so I tried it on the rest of my face, and it did. But it settled into the fine lines around my eyes and made old blemishes and dry spots really stick out. Good value for the money if it works for you though. I will not be repurchasing though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2004 10:06:00 PM More reviews by vfal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am forever looking for a foundation that works. By works, I mean has good coverage since I have a lot of reddness, does not accenuate my large pores, stays on for most of the day and looks even and natural. I tried this on impulse after being disappointed in Make Up Forever and anything in MAC I tried. I like it alot so far. For the money, it is a real surprise that it is as good as it is. It goes on so silky you would think it would sink in and not cover anything, but it does an excellent job, eliminating the need for concealer. I broke out a little after the first trial, but do not have a problem now. I use MAC blot powder over it. Now if I can just find a way for it not to rub off on people I hug or kiss's clothes.....it would be perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2004 3:31:00 PM More reviews by tmccray2

I really wanted to like this product because of the awesome color selection for a drug store foundation. But alas... the coverage is medium and accentuates the flaky skin, not really natural looking. I was willing to live with these shortcomings, however at the end of the day it - how can I explain it - separated on my skin. I have oily skin and it was gross blotchy pooling on my face. This has never happened before, it was weird. Yuk! I chucked out this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2004 5:21:00 PM More reviews by prettylush88

Quite possibly the best foundation I've ever tried. W1 matched my skin perfectly, and I've always had a difficult time finding anything to even come close. It's blends well, has a decent amount of buildable coverage that easily took care of any red spots, is light and feels like you're wearing no foundation at all, looks natural and seems to last me a good amount of the day. So far, so good... No breakouts or problems after 4 days in spite of my finicky skin. I think it's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2004 2:55:00 PM More reviews by toodlebug27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture of this foundation is wonderful, but even the lightest shades are too dark for me.