October 24, 2014 | 1832 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2004 3:59:00 PM More reviews by catalina23

This foundation is just ok. I got the W4 and it is a perfect match for me, so the color accuracy is fine. The texture of the foundation could be better though. It is really quite funky and I thought it made my skin a bit oily (and my skin is fairly normal now, combo in warm weather). Coverage is just ok-it's not extremely heavy but just has that oily feel after a while. I think L'oreal focused too much on the color match idea rather than the performance of the product. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2004 8:29:00 PM More reviews by msmichal

Finally a drugstore foundation with enough yellow in it for me! It's a very thin liquid, which feels light on, but still provides enough coverage. It's pretty matte when dry, but it isn't cakey or dry looking. It looks just as natural as the Lancome photogenic I like, but it doesn't make you shiny, so I almost like it better. I don't have to use a seperate powder or concealer with this. When I apply it inside and then go out into daylight, it still looks good! It's too good for a drugstore foundation, and at only $8, it's one of the cheaper ones, too!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2004 5:42:00 PM More reviews by tobytails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first hear about L'Oreal's new foundation True Match, I thought "oh what a true dream! A foundation that actually matches my skin tone and adapts?"

The first color I tried for my fair oily skin was C2 (cool alabaster or something like that!)That color was a little too pink for me, so I went for a neutral color N1 (natural ivory), which is a perfect match.

All i do in the morning is slap it on and do the rest of my make-up and within 5 mintues, it is totally blended and settled into my skin tone!

As far as the oilness goes, it does control my oilness, but for ya'll girls who have "super-oily" skin, i would recommend a mattifying lotion.

I have been using this for about a month now and no breakouts.

I believe the hardest part is trying to find the right shade. I suggest going to walmart and picking up a sample pack or two for a little under 2 bucks each :)

*UPDATE* about the oilness issue, maybe my skin is beginning to reject silicones, but after a few months of wearing True Match, i started to breakout under the skin and my face was left an oily mess. My quest for the perfect foundation continutes..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2004 12:20:00 PM More reviews by hspringer

After using this for a few days I just couldn't stand the "greasy" feeling I had with it...like my skin couldn't breathe. I think the color match was okay, though. Kudos for that! Maybe if you are used to a heavier foundation this would be for you. I want medium coverage, but I don't want it feel heavy. I much prefer Px Virtual Skin...much more expensive but it looks and feels so much better on my skin and is therefore worth the expense to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2004 9:19:00 PM More reviews by emikat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tired this product after hearing great things about it but sadly I was not impressed. I felt like it sat on top of my skin and looked fake. I could see the lines of makeup and even a small rub on fabric made it come off. It is inexpensive, but I don't think that it is worth the hype.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2004 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sorry L'Oreal, there was no true match for me! I tried the N2 tester and it blended in really well, so I bought the full size. (W2 was too orange and C2 too pink). Unfortunately, when I put in on my whole face the next day and went outside, I was a glowing peachy pink! No good with my pale olive neck. After a few hours, I got really shiny - not oily shiny, but kind of like plasticy shiny; probably from the silicone. Also, when I took my makeup off, I had to try twice and scrub, which I never have to do. The tiny shimmer particles really stick to your skin.

Although this was not for me, YMMV, since other that the odd shiney part, the finish is pretty nice and silky, and does have a nice luminous effect. If I could find a color match, I probably would use this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2004 9:36:00 PM More reviews by SKiser

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. It did everything that it claims, covers beautifully, blends impeccably(must be very fast tho) and kept me pretty shine free most of the day. However, at the end of the day my face started to itch. I could actually feel pimples starting. Next morning, yup, bunch of pimples all over. Oh well, nice concept but if you have sensitive skin you should avoid this like the plague!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2004 12:27:00 PM More reviews by walshop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for about a week and even though I am breakout prone, it has not caused any problems so far. I tried it because it is the first time I have found foundation testers in cVS drugstore, and with so many shades I figured for once i could find a match - and I did. It looks very natural, goes on smoothly and has good staying power. Does not accentuate my large pores. I actually didn't need any touchups yesterday during the day and I *always* do. Tentatively saying this is the best foundation I have tried, and I have a drawerful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2004 10:36:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Just began using this and so far so good. Love the natural, pretty way it makes my skin look with minimal effort as the name suggests when blending. My skin does tend to be oily, and this might make it more so, I'll have to see......So far though, I love the way it looks and the wonderful huge color range (cools and warms, very smart as some have yellow undertones, some pinkish). Seems to be good with my other makeup too, just want to see if it lasts long and will update soon.

UPDATE
Doesn't become appreciably oilier and seems to have pretty good staying power too, a plus for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 6:48:00 PM More reviews by yourprincessleah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i just got this last night in exchange for the max factor colour adapt and so far, i love this. i love the texture, so smooth and blends easily. i am pretty pale with pinkish undertones, so i chose the lightest one, c1 and that seems to work well. my only real grip is the packaging, but for a great drugstore foundation ill deal with it.