November 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2004 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Jilliana

I have NEVER found a foundation that was such an exact match to my skin color! What a brilliant idea ALL of those testers are too...you can't go wrong. When I first put this on I noticed how blendable it is, defiitely a plus. Initially I did not think it was so great, it didn't seem to make any difference on my skin, all imperfections were still very noticible (it didn't even look as though I applied ant foundation), BUT after about 5 minutes when I looked again it seemed to dry to this perfect product and my skin looked amazing! It is neiter too matte or shiny. The downside is that the packaging sucks! I had to shake the bottle upside down to get any out on my sponge, and it comes out so slow. I can definitely live with the poor packaging for such a great product though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 5:39:00 AM More reviews by ayce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it comes to foundation, I can never find a matching shade - its either a tad bit too light or a tad bit too dark. I was glad Ulta had testers and to my surprise, I actually found a matching shade =). I apply this w/ a foundation brush & found that I didn't need much, I just used whatever was on the cap. After applying it didn't look like I was wearing anything at all but my face looked flawless. I wear sunscreen but with this foundation it finishes a bit too dewy for my liking. Without it, it has a silky finish. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I saw the tester display for this new product, I was so pleased, and I dove right in thinking that finding a match would be a breeze. It wasn't, but I did narrow myself down pretty easily to the C group. #2 was too light, and oddly enough, #3 was too orangey, not cool at all (as if it really belonged in one of the other groups) so I tried #4 even though I thought it would be too dark. I'm a Stila C and a MAC NW25 if I remember correctly.
The True Match was a perfect match in the C4. I've been using it for a week now and I reach for this every day, even over the favorites that I have used for years. I didn't give the maximum 5 lipsticks because although it is a great match for me, it wears unevenly on my combination skin. But I would definitely buy it again, the match is that good.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2004 5:02:00 PM More reviews by bitchkittybites

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The palest warm shade was a perfect match for my skin tone. Unfortunately, once I put it on my face-- after moisturizing, yet-- it looked extremely powdery (how weird for a liquid) and unattractive and really made my dryer spots stand out. It made my face really itchy, although I didn't break out. They get points for matching my skin tone, but not for much else. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2004 3:01:00 PM More reviews by bernie06

Finally-a foundation that actually takes into consideration that women fall into more than just 4 or 5 skin colors! I found a great match with Warm Level 4 (W4). It glides on great and gives light/meduim coverage. However, there is no SPF and does not last throughout the day. I wouldn't repurchase because of the low lasting aspect but I want to say thanks to L'oreal for the great colors and understanding that not all of us have easy-to-match-skin. :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 10:32:00 AM More reviews by kristenb

I am a foundation girl...I wear it everyday, cant live without it because of my less-than-perfect complexion. That being said, I always use my Clinique Calrifying makeup, but since its on the pricey side and I end up buying it every two months or so, I thought I would try to find a foundation that I could just slap on to go to the store, hang around the house in, etc., and save my Clinque for more special occasions...anyways, I was lured to the display because of the idea of finding a drugstore brand that actually matched my skin tone. I was wowed that Ulta actually had testers out...but still confused. I, along with about 5 others, were testing these but I still couldn';t decide between warm and neutral for my skin. I ended up picking the second lightest warm shade...a pretty close match when I actually tried in on my whole face. I was impressed with that, and the blendability of it. But its definitely not an HG for me. It doesn't cover pimples--you need to layer on the concealer...and it didn't seem to melt into the skin, rather sit on top...maybe its because Im super oily, I dont know. YOu also need to tap on thebottle quite a bit to get a good "blob" out. Im a bit worried this may make me breakout...after reading these reviews. I don't think there's anything super special about this one as far as I can tell. UPDATE: After two days of wearing this--and dealing with the funky patchy, greyish tone it gave my pale wintry skin--I HAVE broken out. Everyone here was right, once again. Where WERE you gals last saturday when i hovered at the testers? Another L'oreal foundatiojn bites the dust...damn them! When will they get it right!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2004 2:35:00 PM More reviews by splukeu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. Usually it is pretty hard for me to get a match in drugstore foundation, but this was great - didn't change color towards the end of the day. Like it says, it is super blendable. I applied it with a foundation brush and got a great finish. My skin is prone to breakouts, but I haven't used this long enough to determine how my skin will react.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found a perfect color match with this foundation. I have somewhat pale skin with a pinkish undertone and most foundations are too yellow or orange on my skin. For years I have been using two or more foundations and creating a custom color every morning (and really who has time for that?) Anyway, C2 in Natural Ivory is a perfect color for me, and the sheerness of this foundation makes it super blendable. Has not broken me out at all (fingers crossed). The low price means that I can get another shade or two for blending if my skin is more uneven than usual on some days (maybe I just secretly love to blend?). Thumbs up for me on this foundation!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 12:46:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an awful product! Although I did like the testers in the store; it was very easy to find the correct color. I wear a W2 because the W3 was much too dark/orangey on my MAC C3 skin. It feels very heavy and has a tendency to settle in fine lines. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Starness

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

True Match Foundation.

Warning: This is the worst!!! I used to think this was the best ever, It tore my skin up!!!Blackheads and blemishes everywhere and I havent used anything different, I thought it was in my head but then I tried this by itself and BAM more zits! 4 other girls on the Skin board say the same thing! Do not buy!

continued >>