L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 4/23/2004 7:59:00 PM

I find it kind of funny that there are so many shades and none match me! This is why I do not wear foundation. However, I thought I'd give it a shot since there were so many colors.
I used the shade selector from InStyle magazine to pick my shade; it told me I was a C2 (second-lightest cool shade). I was shocked to see it was so pink! It was almost like the color of a pencil eraser! But I was feeling reckless so I got it. Once I blended and blended, it seemed to disappear into my skin, which was weird since I'm not nearly that pink. Anyway, I thought it was a little dark, so I then tried the lightest cool shade, C1. That one is way too light, but I seem to get something close to my skin if I mix them together. I think actually I might be a mix of the second-lightest neutral and the second-lightest cool shade. And all this fiddle-farting around reminds me once again why I do not wear foundation.

on 4/23/2004 3:50:00 PM

This just didn't look right, even though I tried two different shades. Too bad, glad Rite Aid has such a great return policy!

on 4/20/2004 2:37:00 PM

If I had to sum up how I feel about this stuff in one word?: yuck.

But since I don't... ; )

The packaging is horrible; not only glass, but a big-necked bottle, ugh. I picked out the shade closest to my skintone - (the lightest neutral), but it's still too yellow. And, (the worst for last), I can't stand the consistency of this foundation. It's not very blendable at all; kind of sticky/dry? And leaves my dry patches looking drier than ever. Ugh. I'll pass. continued >>

on 4/20/2004 4:08:00 AM

I found the exact colour match for my skin, but i did not liked this product. It's does not look natural although it has a light coverage. I will not buy again..

on 4/17/2004 6:55:00 AM

I had been buying the wrong foundation color for years. I have never been able too find a true match in the past. When I saw all the advertising for this product I decided too give it a try, I first purchases a sample pack in the medium 5 level. I have always been puzzeled on my skins undertones and was completely surprised by the foundation that was my match (cool beige C5 cool pink undertone) I had been buying golden toned foundation for years and i never once thought too buy the pink toned ones. Im of central american descent and always thought I was not a cool toned person. But with the sample pack I think most people would be able too find there match. This product has the ability too truley match virtually anyones skin tone. I would suggest buying the sample pack first, It helps, the color I was going too buy first was way too dark, and am very glad I got the sample pack, and then I went back and got the right color. I highly reccomend it too anyone who has had trouble with finding the right color foundation.

great color selection, nice consitencey, easily blendable... nice product.

on 4/16/2004 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have mixed reviews about this product. I actually quite like the packaging. Aesthetically, it is very appealing, although not the most practical of bottles.

Considering that the other foundations and tinted moiturizers I own cost over $40, this is a bargain. The coverage is a little bit heavier than a tinted moiturizer but still very sheer, which means you have to have good skin to pull it off. The product blends amazingly well and looks very natural. I usually have trouble finding an exact match because I have so much yellow/green in my skin colour. W6 works extremely well for me.

The only drawbacks are: this product contains no sun protention. After a few hours, it does tend to maximize the size of pores, and it does start looking a little bit oily. It has, however, NEVER caused me to break out. I usually only wear this at night when going out to even out my skin tone.

on 4/16/2004 11:59:00 AM

When I first heard about True Match, I was skeptical, but when I found a coupon for it, I decided to purchase it on a whim. I wasn't expecting much, but after using it for a little over a month, this little bottle of liquid foundation surprised me!

COLOR:
I was previously using MUFE Mat Velvet which was okay, but not the best color match. I bought W4 in True Match and it's very, very close to my skintone. It has yellow undertones and not a bit of pink in it either. For reference, I am a MAC NC35, Armani LSF #6, Body & Soul #5.

FINISH & COVERAGE:
It dries to a powdery, soft finish, which is perfect for my oily skin. It's very blendable & natural. For a light finish, I apply a few dots on my cheeks & t-zone. However, when I need a bit more coverage, I add more foundation. It's easy to build coverage without it looking cakey or unnatural.

I have oily skin & I occasionally break out, especially during that time of the month, but I haven't had any clogged pores or breakouts due to True Match.

CONS:
The only negative aspect of this product is the packaging. I would have prefered a squeeze tube or pump bottle, but this isn't that big of an issue.

PROS:
The color match, natural finish, & blendability of this product has won me over. I'll continue to purchase this! continued >>

The range of colors are amazingly accurate, but the quality of the product makes me long for an orange demarcation line. I originally purchased this product in N2, because for once I had found a shade that matched my skin tone... When I first applied it, it felt a little grainy and I immediately noticed pores that I was not even aware of possessing. After an hour or two, I was an oil slick. I felt as though I was blotting and touching up all the time.

I'd been searching for a foundation that wouldn't actually look like foundation on my face for a while, and it looks like I've found it for the time being! This goes on very natural-looking with a slightly dewy finish. While the display indicated that the coverage was "light", I find that with a bit of layering, I can get medium coverage out of this with no cakeyness at all! I think you'd have to be applying a hell of a lot to get this stuff to pill up on the skin...

The downside to this would be that it doesn't control oil at all, and while the dewy finish looks very natural and fresh to start, my combination skin can look greasy later on. The solution? Find a good powder to dust on over top, and the problem is solved.

on 4/15/2004 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I am on a three month odyssey to find my HG foundation. Based on early buzz for this, plus the full colour 2 page InStyle and Glamour ads (yes I'm an advertiser's wet dream - a total dupe sometimes) I decided to go to the drugstore and try it out.

I thought that the colour ranges seemed good. There was a wide range of colours, including some very light ones that could work for my very PPP skin (I'm NC15 bordering on NC10 if Mac made it). I bought it in the W1 and thought "how bad could a L'Oreal product be?"

Well I've learned my lesson. This stuff is evil for me, no other way to look at it. It has to be applied with fingers because of the oily consistency -- try putting it on with a brush and it is Streak City, plus you practically ruin your foundation brush (I had to soak my Mac 190 overnight in brush cleaner and still it left a residue!).

Now, normally I don't mind moisturizing formulas given that I have dry skin, but this one was tacky and pilled on my skin when I applied with my fingers. Ick! It also emphasized every slightly large pore or wrinkle on my 35 year old face, settled into the creases next to my nose, accentuated the few blackheads I've got and made my freckles look like strange blotchy brown bruises. To add injury to insult, the next morning, I woke up with three cystic blemishes on my left cheek!

The only things this had going for it IMO are the colour and the $9 price tag (bought in US at CVS) but obviously considering the rest of the wear experience, I'll pass on this forever.

My HG? no way, no how, definitely NOT. Not sure it could be _anyone's_ actually. If it doesn't work on my super-dry skin, whose skin will it work for? continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials