L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 7/14/2004 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

UGH! This stuff give me little bumps all over my cheeks and chin. I actually like the coverage, and they had a shade that did match my skin and it lasted long. I didnt want to believe this was breaking me out so I continued to use it..and more bumps came...I stopped using it for about a week and in 2 days they went away. I didnt have any breakouts until I tried to use it the next month, and that very same day - the ugly bumps came right back so I am 100 % sure this was breaking me out
Ladies, if you have sensative and acne prone skin, then I suggest that you dont buy this....but if you dont have acne and you think your skin could handle the ingridents, then give it a try. It's not that expensive , they had a wide variety of color and it does last long...I wish I could use this. continued >>

on 7/9/2004 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a decent foundation. Definetly not the best. For a line that claims to cater to everyone's skintone, I think they've failed. I've tried the warms, neutrals and cools and they were all completely wrong. They were either too orange, pink or red. It looked okay going on but within and hour or two, completely changed colors and I was left looking like something out of a horror movie. Not good at all. The coverage is decent and the texture is great but I'd never buy this again. I've never had luck with Loreals color line. Just doesn't work for me.

on 7/7/2004 3:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This was the perfect color,wrong formula!Can you say oil slick,and I'm not normally oily.MAYBE I could pull this off in the winter but even then I'm not so sure.I was very very disappointed,if not for the Alaskan pipeline spill on my face,this would have been HG.

on 7/5/2004 9:10:00 AM

First let me just say that the complexion gods should grant me a reprieve from acne before the wrinkles set in. If that should not be the case, this is the foundation for me. This doesn't aggravate my combination skin and doesn't settle into fine lines. The first couple of times I wore it, I did have a lot of shine by lunch, so I would recommend a nice powder. I find that this combines well with my T. leClerq translucide powder for a flawless look. Since I've started using this foundation, friends and strangers alike have been complimenting me on my skin, so I won't be changing any time soon!

on 7/4/2004 2:44:00 PM

This is a very good product, and the finish is very nice. I can't help but think the formulation is similar to a Lancome foundation I used to wear a few years ago. Doesn't LOREAL own Lancome??? Does not cake at all. The packaging is cumbersome, worried it might break if I travel.

on 6/28/2004 10:54:00 PM

What a steal! This reminds me a lot of Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation but not quite as much coverage as theirs. It comes in a lot of shades, has a great texture, doesn't cause break-outs or dry my skin out at all. If you read my EL DW review, you'll see that these two products are very similar. And, hey, Loreal is not as expensive as Estee Lauder, can't beat that (:

on 6/27/2004 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Seems like everyone else had a better experience with this than I did. I have combination skin, and I think it is probably a lot better for those with normal skin. It did match perfectly, and had a nice velvety finish, but within a few hours, it looked uneven and streaky and was settling into fine lines (and I don't even have many - I'm only 22!) around my mouth and in the corners of my nose. I was so embarassed when I looked in the mirror at lunchtime and saw what a turn for the worse it had taken. My biggest complaint is that you can't really set it very well. Adding powder makes it look kind of cakey, but without powder, it won't stay put. On the plus side, I actually kind of liked the packaging of this little bottle. Glass is not the most practical choice, but I liked the little applicator thing on the top. It made it easier to control how much came out, unlike other bottles that you have to turn upside down. I'm sure this is a great foundation for the right skin type, but if you're at all oily (even just in the t-zone), I'd steer clear of this one.

on 6/25/2004 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation glides onto my face so easily and makes my skin just glow! No blotches or uneven color. I love it!

The bottle is so small! I dropped it on the tile floor from my desk but thankfully it still didn't break. It matched my skin perfectly and I thought it was too light since it was natural buff and looked light tan in the bottle. Not really good for really oily skin though. make sure u exfoliate well or else it'll make dead peely skin and picked pimples look absolutely horrendous.

on 6/23/2004 4:01:00 PM

I'm on the fence on this one. L'Oreal True Match foundation is supposed to be the be-all and end-all of color matching. I think that was its biggest hype. I did find a perfect match for my skin tone. Just blended in and disappeared...just like the perfect foundation should do. Overall coverage is light-medium. I don't have problem skin, so it's just my perspective, but it wasn't too sheer or too heavy. Application was nice and easy. I use a non-latex sponge and it blended right in. So what am I on the fence about? This product has a lot of good things about it, but one thing that will most likely prevent me from using it is the *tremendous* greasies I got from it. My face was a total oil slick, even 1/2 hour after I put it on. Yes, I'm an oily gal anyway, but I certainly don't need anything to exacerbate that...especially in the summer. I'd imagine someone with drier skin could wear this alot better than those of us whose faces are moisture blessed. ;) UPDATE: I'm disappointed to say that this is a no-go. The color I used (N3) went on nice, but turned orange. Biggest turn off: left me waaaaay too greasy. Adios, True Match...

Video Reviews & Tutorials