December 21, 2014 | 798 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by sassandahalf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PLEASE OH PLEASE REVLON, JUST ADD A PUMP! The pump is the only reason I would not re-buy this product. It's tiresome to slowly pour out the foundation, praying that not too much comes out and having to shovel it back in when it does. The soft flex is also a problem. The tiny little sparkles in this foundation do make your face look dewy however this foundation has the Edward Cullen effect; glitter and white cast. Two of my least favourite things in a foundation. The coverage is why I keep on getting this product. Amazingly excellent coverage, it's like an HD foundation. Although this foundation is very thick, I don't really mind. You can always mix this in with your sunscreen or moisterizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by CaramelBae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! This is literally the best foundation I have ever tried! I have tried Nars, Makeup forever HD foundation and plenty of other drugstore names but nothing compares to this one. I have the combination/oily in Caramel 400 and it blends SO well with my skin. It really absorbs well into the skin versus caking my skin like other foundations have. Also I noticed my skin wasn't oily like it normally is through out the day. And its only $10 at Wal-mart, very great deal. The only con to this product is that it does not have a pump =/ But I would definitely recommend this and from now on this will be my staple foundation product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyEuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this for maybe 2 weeks. Anyway, i got this because i was looking for a foundation that could last through summer sweat and oils or at the very least not enphasize the sweat and oils. I found the photoready definatley made me look greasier i think because of the little shimmers that i dont think you can really see just on there own its not glitter but does make a sweaty face look sweatier. I think this stuff lasts longer but i found it made my skin look a litttle dull. I cant win either to shiny or dull. So i have been mixing with luster drops or using my to the beach cream bronzer that i thought was also to shimmery to actually use in the summer but it works well with the matteness of this foundation. I think its okay im not WOWWED but its working for now. I will keep looking for something i like better. I also might try a not beige color eventually which i think might be the cause of the dulling effect more so then the foundation formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by julesb42

I've been using the Revlon ColorStay foundation in Buff for a few years now. I have pretty bad acne scarring on my cheeks and occasionally have a pimple. This foundation covers very nicely. Like most of the other commenters, I hate that it doesn't have a pump, but it's not a big deal to me. I pour a tiny amount at a time onto the back of my clean hand and apply it with a damp makeup sponge. I apply a thin layer all over my face. Then I dab the foundation where I have the scarring. It takes some practice to get it just right. I like that it's buildable and it looks natural. With some translucent powder, my makeup can last for twelve hours or more.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by omgitstephy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is actually a pretty decent full coverage foundation for a drugstore. i use it whenever i want a full coverage matte finish on my face. the only complaints i have about this foundation is that it does not have a pump so it is a bit if a pain in the butt to pour it out every time and you end up wasting product. another thing is that it doesnt look that great in flash photography due to the spf. but other than that its a really good foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jadiemazing

This is the only drugstore liquid foundation i use. I have been using Revlon Colorstay w/ softflex spf6 - combination/oily skin foundation in natural tan 330 for 2 years now. It is pretty light and goes on pretty well. For my uneven skin, it covers very well and it doesnt make me breakout or anything crazy. The foundation doesnt smell funky at all. I would have to say it doesnt stay on for as long as it advertises but its good for a full workday. I really like this foundation and highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by dragonlace0926

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For what I paid for it at a drugstore, I am disappointed. Not only did it break my skin out, but the smell it gave off even hours after application was terrible. It was difficult as well to match my colors and it ended up looking far from natural. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Evee7

So I've been using this product off and on for 6months verdict: perfect coverup foundation I don't even need concealer.... BUT BROKE ME OUT! I've never broken out so badly with a foundation.
Pros:
-Perfect flawless cover
-looks good in photos despite SPF 5

Cons:
-hard to find a perfect match to skintone so I had tomix natural tan(darker) with beige (lighter)
-broke me out badly I think the coverage is too good

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by JennyBrielle16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great great coverage. Very creamy, not too heavy on skin. I almost feel as if it's green-pigmented, but it could just the color I'm using (Natural Tan). It can get a bit greasy, noting that I'm not prone to oily skin, but not excessively. Just as great as all other Revlon Foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Jen72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used all kinds of foundation (Make Up Forever, MAC, Clinique, Bare Minerals) and have been coming back to Revlon Colorstay in Ivory. I have very fair skin that is hard to match, and the lightest shades of most products are too dark for me, but not this one. The color is perfect, and I don't have to touch up makeup by noon everyday.