November 21, 2014 | 1720 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by musicalnames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading many, many good reviews of this product, I went out and purchased it for myself, since my favorite foundation has just been discontinued.

It's a decent product, but I don't really get all the rave reviews, maybe it just doesn't work with my skin type? It dries very quickly, so you have to apply super fast, and it always looks just a little cakey to me. Also, it's pretty heavily scented, and I can smell it on my face all day. That's fine if you like the smell, but I don't.

The worse thing about this product is that it is SO hard to remove. I have to use make up remover and then scrub a ton just to get it off. I didn't realize this until after the first couple of uses, I thought I had removed it all, but I hadn't, and I started to break out. Since I've figured out how to remove it, I haven't been breaking out.

I do like the coverage this provides, but I'm not sure I'll repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by thatgirlwho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Really didn't like this foundation. It didn't seem to give me much coverage at all. It smells a bit funky also which puts me off. I also think it'd be far easier if it had a pump. But I'll be sticking to my MUFE HD foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 7:07:00 AM More reviews by sitistereo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

-Good medium to heavy coverage
    -Quite difficult to blend. Therefore, I mixed it with 5% of my moisturizer.
    -Face stays MATTE all day.
    -After a few hours of wearing, this foundation tend to oxidize a little and turns ashy and darker.
    -Funky smell.

Overall, good coverage, buildable, controls oil really good but try not to wear it for too long. Too bad the color range available in my country has only 5 shades. Ridiculous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lkbass1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried alot of foundations, I have oily skill and most of them just the oilyness worse, or it doesn't cover my acne. I found this product covers my acne fairly well, and I can wear it all day with out my face feeling dirty like most foundations make it feel. It doesn't transfer to my phone when I hold it to my face, and it seems to stay put all day! Some days it looks better than others days, but I guess it depends on how I feel about my face overall on the particular day, but overall a good choice if you have oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Full coverage, one of the best drugstore foundations out there, but color selection is poor. I'm yellow undertoned, whereas many of the foundations were pink.
    Otherwise, this foundation is pretty great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by lilleah

I have a habit of changing foundations like I change my jeans but I may stick to this one for a while. I just weaned myself off of MUFE mat velvet because my face seems to start hating foundations after a while. I was browsing MUA for recommendations for my combo skin and came across great reviews of this. I noticed that its a little hard to apply using a brush or fingers as it dries rather rapidly. I've discovered the best way to apply it: use a damp makeup sponge! It goes on like a dream and you can go back over blemished areas without looking like you applied it with a paint roller. Very excited about this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by sassandahalf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PLEASE OH PLEASE REVLON, JUST ADD A PUMP! The pump is the only reason I would not re-buy this product. It's tiresome to slowly pour out the foundation, praying that not too much comes out and having to shovel it back in when it does. The soft flex is also a problem. The tiny little sparkles in this foundation do make your face look dewy however this foundation has the Edward Cullen effect; glitter and white cast. Two of my least favourite things in a foundation. The coverage is why I keep on getting this product. Amazingly excellent coverage, it's like an HD foundation. Although this foundation is very thick, I don't really mind. You can always mix this in with your sunscreen or moisterizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by CaramelBae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! This is literally the best foundation I have ever tried! I have tried Nars, Makeup forever HD foundation and plenty of other drugstore names but nothing compares to this one. I have the combination/oily in Caramel 400 and it blends SO well with my skin. It really absorbs well into the skin versus caking my skin like other foundations have. Also I noticed my skin wasn't oily like it normally is through out the day. And its only $10 at Wal-mart, very great deal. The only con to this product is that it does not have a pump =/ But I would definitely recommend this and from now on this will be my staple foundation product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyEuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this for maybe 2 weeks. Anyway, i got this because i was looking for a foundation that could last through summer sweat and oils or at the very least not enphasize the sweat and oils. I found the photoready definatley made me look greasier i think because of the little shimmers that i dont think you can really see just on there own its not glitter but does make a sweaty face look sweatier. I think this stuff lasts longer but i found it made my skin look a litttle dull. I cant win either to shiny or dull. So i have been mixing with luster drops or using my to the beach cream bronzer that i thought was also to shimmery to actually use in the summer but it works well with the matteness of this foundation. I think its okay im not WOWWED but its working for now. I will keep looking for something i like better. I also might try a not beige color eventually which i think might be the cause of the dulling effect more so then the foundation formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by julesb42

I've been using the Revlon ColorStay foundation in Buff for a few years now. I have pretty bad acne scarring on my cheeks and occasionally have a pimple. This foundation covers very nicely. Like most of the other commenters, I hate that it doesn't have a pump, but it's not a big deal to me. I pour a tiny amount at a time onto the back of my clean hand and apply it with a damp makeup sponge. I apply a thin layer all over my face. Then I dab the foundation where I have the scarring. It takes some practice to get it just right. I like that it's buildable and it looks natural. With some translucent powder, my makeup can last for twelve hours or more.