Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 2/22/2009 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love love this mascara!! I have long eyelashes to begin with but if I want a dramatic look I will use this. The larger, fuller brush makes application really smooth and gives me alot of volume. If you have shorter eyelashes then this would be a good every day mascara.

on 2/22/2009 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is the best mascara i have used .. no clumps , very black and makes your eyeleshes very long this mascara is worth the money .. go out and get it !!!!

on 2/21/2009 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

800 very black

pros:
- deep, true black color
- nice volumizing
- nice lash separation
- fairly easy to control wand (small asian eyes)

cons:
- flakes (a bit around your eyes)
- smudges (a bit but doesn't give you raccoon eyes)
- flattens and holds down curls

on 2/21/2009 5:14:00 PM

So far this is the best mascara I have ever used. I do not have large eyes but I do have long eyelashes and this product is amazing. It is the blackest mascara I have ever used. The brush is large but after using a couple of times I don't see how I ever managed with the "normal" size wands. It is silicone based and that may be why I have not had any flaking or fall out. The one odd thing I find with the mascara is that my lashes keep the "wet look". You know the way mascara looks after you have applied and are waiting the few seconds to dry between coats? It never seems to go away. I am not sure if it is the formula or because this mascara is so black. In all this has become the closest thing i have found to my HG mascara.

on 2/21/2009 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this is probably the best cover girl product i ever used....
the tube is GIGANTIC.... the mascara want is very big and scary looking....this mascara actually holds my curls gives it a little volume and lengths...byfar this is the best mascara i've ever used.

on 2/21/2009 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Pretty much everything has been said about this mascara if you read the reviews. While it gives me amazing lashes, I have big eyes. One of my biggest features actually and I cannot imagine anyone with smaller eyes being able to navigate this brush. Size matters--but in this case (to whatever man designed this thinking bigger is better), bigger isn't better. The tip is also flat/square so having a lot of finesse with corners or bottom lashes isn't an option. It can be managed. But why have to re-learn or practice what we've all been doing since god knows what age? Also I think the opening of the tube is a bit large since I frequently get globs on the tube tip when pulling out the wand. However, all that being said, it beats the hell out of Lash Stiletto (a weird little wand that only hit every other lash I have) and Loreal's Voluminous Naturale (a piece of dry crap that's a flat out lie when it comes to volume) so for a DS buy, there's worse out there. I'm sure there's better as well. I don't mind the large obnoxious tube since I don't take mascara in my bag and when I travel, I have travel sizes of other brands I can use. Will I buy again? Probably not. EDIT: Had to trash it. Just can't do it. Not worth it for the effort. Taking down to one lippie. Sorry, girls.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The wand is too large for my short and sparse eyelashes. Thought, it does give it some volume.

I have mixed opinions about this product. On the plus side, it's the blackest mascara I've ever tried. I washed it off once and was amazed at how black the pigment was on my hand. It also does a decent, average job of volumizing. On the negative side, I hate how silicone mascaras start drying out after six weeks. I know you can run the container under hot water to make the mascara more fluid, but I feel like I shouldn't have to "manage" my cosmetics to make them work. I also think it's just Cover Girl and should be a couple of dollars cheaper. However, I love the container. It's very easy to find in my makeup bag.

YIKES. For long and fine lashes, this is terrible!! Clumps, weird texture, too much, ugh, nasty. I know many people who love this, but for my type of lashes it is not what I'd want to accentuate them at all.

on 2/20/2009 1:29:00 AM

This is a good mascara. It gives the lashes a very thick, long, and voluminous look for a very inexpensive price. I love big brush, although it may be semi difficult for some, it really adds thickness and seems to bump up every lash. The only dilemma with this mascara is that is does flake. For a while your lashes look great! But, after a long day of school or work, you come home to some definite mascara flakes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials