Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 8/5/2010 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this foundation for around 6 months and I really love it. It gives a really nice coverage and natural look. i wear it almost every day (i don't wear it on the days that i have nowhere to go) and it does not break me out. I use the combination to oily skin one and it works great. i use powder over it to help with my oily skin bc alone (for me) it doesnt keep the oil away all day. i wish it had a pump but other than that its really good stuff :)

I picked this up today in Ivory (Combination/Oily formula), and so far so good! I have a skin condition called rosacea, which makes my face red, and it covers it up quite well! A little redness is still left behind, but I get that with any foundation. I only need a dot to cover my entire face, so I think it will last me quite awhile. It blends in quite well, and dries to a matte finish. I think I'm going to order a Sigma brush, because I've read it leaves a more flawless finish, but I think you would get that with any brand of foundation. One other great thing is you can use it as a liquid concealer. By concentrating more product on my dark circles, and any spots left behind, it gives a nice finish. However, if you need the heavy concealer coverage, go buy a separate concealer. This costs $14.99 CAD at my local Walmart, so it's quite decent price-wise. The one pitfall is that it smells quite bad, but since it's the best drugstore foundation I've ever used (tied with Maybelline Superstay), I can get past that. Will definitely purchase again! :)

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love Revlon ColorStay Foundation. Even though I have my MAC Studio Fix Fluid I keep coming back to this product. You cannot beat the price, quality, and the ColorStaying power of this product. It comes in a lot of shades for normal and combination/ oily skin.

I use this product in 310 Warm Golden for Combination/ Oily skin. This product is not heavy at all compared to Revlon Photo Ready. It is smooth and it doesnt dry too fast for me unless Im using my MAC 187 brush.

I wish this foundation came with a pump. This will forever ne my "go to" foundation. I highly recommended.

on 8/3/2010 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

After reading so many wonderful reviews about this product, I decided to purchase it myself and I have to say I am very pleased. It is a liquid foundation yet it feels very light on the skin. The finish is beautiful, makes skin beat to perfection.
I am an African American woman and this, in my opinion, has the best variety of shades for darker women. I've tried L'oreal true match and even the darkest shade was still too light. I am a NW 45 for reference and Cappucino is the perfect shade for me.

It does dry quickly so work fast with it but it goes on like a dream. It also smells nice and its long lasting.

However what I have noticed about this foundation is that it seems to get darker over a couple hours. Only slightly though.

on 8/3/2010 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I switched to using this from MAC studio fix fluid (NC30) due to breaking out!! So far, Colorstay has not broken me out on my acne-prone skin! The coverage is very similar to SFF and covers all my post inflammatory acne hyper-pigmentation very well! I also find that the colour shade Golden Beige matches my skin more so than SFF (which was too yellow for me even though I am Asian). Blends very well except that it does dry more quickly so it is best to do small sections of your face to achieve a nice blend! I still use MAC pressed powder in NC30 over this foundation so give me a glow since it does have a bit of yellow undertones. Staying powder is very good, even after 12 hours of use! I took a photo at the end of the day to see if there was any shine or needed any touch ups and I was surprised to find that it looked as fresh as it did at the beginning of the day and I have oily skin!! (I used the combo/oily formula). Some CONS about this product is that in Australia, they don't have the shade Golden Beige!!! I had to order it from eBay after some extensive research of the closest shade match to NC30! This product does not come with a pump so it can get messy each time you apply, so transferring the product into a pump bottle is the best bet and you won't waste product! I hope Revlon designs a pump bottle for this awesome foundation!!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

My Skin: NW40/Dry

This foundation is one of my HG foundations. It definitely does what its suppose to -stay. I've worn this in 90+ degree weather or when working out and sweating like a fiend and it didn't even budge. Its probably one of the fullest coverage foundations I've ever used, it can cover up almost anything without the use of concealer. It doesn't accentuate my dry skin, either, which a lot of foundation tend to do. It gives a matte finger which I love.

I apply it with my ELF Powder brush or my MAC 187. I wouldn't recommend applying it with a standard foundation brush because it can look/feel rather heavy. It applies wonderfully with your fingers, too.

I don't feel as if its difficult to remove (wash off) but that may be because I've always washed my face twice -once to remove my makeup and an other time to remove excess dirt and oils.

I've tried several foundations. Too many probably and I'm always coming back to this one. The only negative is that it doesn't come with a pump.

on 8/2/2010 11:58:00 PM

Initially, i feel like i had more bad to say about this foundation than good.....but i think the fact that i have repurchased this 5-6 different times really says alot about it.
First off, I'm pretty picky about foundation (mostly because I have to be with my skin type). I have pretty dry skin, and foundation tends to accentuate any dryness and make the flakes more profound (def. not attractive!). This foundation definitely wouldn't be considered 'moisturizing' but it definitely doesn't give me that horrible dry look, like alot of other ones I've tried (i'm looking at YOU L'oreal truth match!)
Second, just about everything under the sun breaks me out (i'm still trying to find a moisturizer in existence that doesn't). Somehow, even though this stuff is pretty thick and has a million ingredients, this DOES NOT break me out! hallelujiah!
And third, I have tons of marks/scars from acne that I really need to cover up. This foundation has med-full coverage, which is good when you have alot to cover up!
Its been pretty difficult to try to find a foundation that manages to meet all those needs. While there are some things I dislike about this foundation (the bottle it is in SUCKS...get a clue Revlon, put it in a pump!), this really is the closest I think I will come to finding a HG. (I wish I could give this a 4.5)

Oh, and it really does last ALL day! Even a little bit TOO long lasting, but I've found the best way to remove this is to take a cotton square, get it slightly damp and put a couple drops of jojoba oil on it. Then I rub it all over my face to try to remove as much of the foundation as possible. After that I use purpose gentle cleanser with my clarisonic, and after that my skin feels completely clean!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Okay, I am surprised that this product has moved me to contribute a review. The shade match -caramel 400, combo oily- is not "excellent" but works almost-very well for summer and the coverage is good. Most importantly, however, is that this product "gets the job done" without streaking, melting away, or changing color on me. I can hit the right level of sheer vs. opacity *and* this foundation goes the distance on days when I know I have reason to leave a/c for the great 100-degree outdoors, sweat included. In other words, I would reach for this as the best choice if I were scheduled to run a marathon. In all seriousness, this product must work for me on some "real" level because I keep using it. I would buy this again, partly because I like the idea that I have a rescue if I'm traveling and have to make do with whatever I can get my hands on over the next three hours. The other part to my recommendation is that I lasts very well (especially if set with MUFE HD powder. And that's the end of the story...).
UPDATE: (2012) This foundation has stayed w me thru cold rainy days, hot rainy days, and intense sun across 6 countries this summer. Still like MUFE and PhotoReady, but this ColorStay wears and travels phenomenally well.
This has become my every-day foundation. I mix caramel with golden caramel (not a complicated process; if I'm in a hurry, I just dot some of each in area and use fingers to blend). This stuff takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin'. Am increasing rank on packaging because, after a year of travel, I am more forgiving about a screw-top. Pumps are better for hygiene but less forgiving to my toiletry bag. The beauty world sorely needs a delivery system that serves hygiene and travel needs - is anyone working on this?
Am tempted to drop overall rank for one and a half reasons. The deeper shades, including those that match my skin, do not have *any* spf at all - WHAT is up with that? The half-reason is this: when it comes to cotton blouses/shirts, this stuff is indelible. I got specks on my cotton broadcloth shirts. Immediately I applied TideToGo instant spot remover (works on water-based foundation), rinsed in cold/hot, laundered, the whole thing. This stuff DOES NOT come out. I count this as a half-reason mainly because I'm just sad about my blouses and realize that one can hardly condemn a foundation named COLORSTAY for its effect on fabrics while applauding the foundation named COLORSTAY for lasting all day. I just need to be more careful, but want to pass on the warning anyway.

on 8/2/2010 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I too read several reviews on this foundation before I purchased it. I have to say I was somewhat disappointed in this product. It is a little hard to apply because it dries rather quickly, and if you don't get the right shade it tends to look cakey/orange. It does provide full coverage, and the price is good. It leaves a matte finish, and will easily stay on all day.
As for the packaging, it's just "ok", I would prefer a pump of some kind.
Overall, this is a decent foundation, and it may even be great if I knew how to apply it better.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think this could be a little heavy for some people, but it gives really good coverage and I found I didn't need alot of product. I also found that it blends really well with the Avon Foundation Brush (not my favorite brush, but its the only one I had on holiday with me at the time).

It's still not my favorite foundation, but if you were looking for a long lasting foundation that gives good coverage, I think this one's great.