April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by julesb42

I've been using the Revlon ColorStay foundation in Buff for a few years now. I have pretty bad acne scarring on my cheeks and occasionally have a pimple. This foundation covers very nicely. Like most of the other commenters, I hate that it doesn't have a pump, but it's not a big deal to me. I pour a tiny amount at a time onto the back of my clean hand and apply it with a damp makeup sponge. I apply a thin layer all over my face. Then I dab the foundation where I have the scarring. It takes some practice to get it just right. I like that it's buildable and it looks natural. With some translucent powder, my makeup can last for twelve hours or more.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by omgitstephy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is actually a pretty decent full coverage foundation for a drugstore. i use it whenever i want a full coverage matte finish on my face. the only complaints i have about this foundation is that it does not have a pump so it is a bit if a pain in the butt to pour it out every time and you end up wasting product. another thing is that it doesnt look that great in flash photography due to the spf. but other than that its a really good foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by jadiemazing

This is the only drugstore liquid foundation i use. I have been using Revlon Colorstay w/ softflex spf6 - combination/oily skin foundation in natural tan 330 for 2 years now. It is pretty light and goes on pretty well. For my uneven skin, it covers very well and it doesnt make me breakout or anything crazy. The foundation doesnt smell funky at all. I would have to say it doesnt stay on for as long as it advertises but its good for a full workday. I really like this foundation and highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by dragonlace0926

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For what I paid for it at a drugstore, I am disappointed. Not only did it break my skin out, but the smell it gave off even hours after application was terrible. It was difficult as well to match my colors and it ended up looking far from natural. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Evee7

So I've been using this product off and on for 6months verdict: perfect coverup foundation I don't even need concealer.... BUT BROKE ME OUT! I've never broken out so badly with a foundation.
    Pros:
    -Perfect flawless cover
    -looks good in photos despite SPF 5

Cons:
    -hard to find a perfect match to skintone so I had tomix natural tan(darker) with beige (lighter)
    -broke me out badly I think the coverage is too good

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by JennyBrielle16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great great coverage. Very creamy, not too heavy on skin. I almost feel as if it's green-pigmented, but it could just the color I'm using (Natural Tan). It can get a bit greasy, noting that I'm not prone to oily skin, but not excessively. Just as great as all other Revlon Foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Jen72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used all kinds of foundation (Make Up Forever, MAC, Clinique, Bare Minerals) and have been coming back to Revlon Colorstay in Ivory. I have very fair skin that is hard to match, and the lightest shades of most products are too dark for me, but not this one. The color is perfect, and I don't have to touch up makeup by noon everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by laurakristinexo

When i first tried this product, i absolutely loved it! The coverage is amazing, and it did look quite natural on my skin. After a while of using it though, my skin started to break out horribly. I went to the dermatologist & she asked me what foundation i used, i said Revlon ColorStay - she told me to stop using it & try a product like BareMinerals instead. I'm not sure if my breaking out was at fault of ColorStay itself or the fact that it was just a thick, liquid foundation, but since switching over to BareMinerals, my skin has improved significantly.
    I really do wish i could use ColorStay without breaking out, as i absolutely love the coverage & ease of it! I think for less acne-prone skin, ColorStay would be wonderful :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by khickengurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I initially didn't like the idea of wearing liquid foundation (I just think thick, cakey, and something that won't ever quite match your skin), but I absolutely love this product! Mind you, this is the first time I regularly decided to wear foundation. It matches my skin tone perfectly and blends well. I wear it every day but only use it on certain areas of my skin. If you don't want to cover your face with foundation, for a more natural look, I suggest dabbing little on dark or reddish areas of your skin and blending out. I top it off with a powder, and I feel confident about my skin all day! Even though the bottle doesn't have a pump, I manage by shaking the bottle and only using the excess that gets stuck under the cap. It minimizes the waste, it doesn't get messy, and it feels relatively sanitary.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by AJbunny

Ok, first of all, i gave this 4 stars because i took off a star for horrible packaging. Iv'e said this hundreds of times, but this product NEEDS A PUMP. I first tried this product, and Im only 15 so this product was relatively expensive for me, off of so many great reviews....well, the first time i tried it it was HORRIBLY STREAKY! i applied it with a wet sponge, because I think those are cheaper and easier to apply foundation with..The stuff matched my skin gorgeously, but it dried waaay too quickly for me to blend it in. (i have combo/oily in fresh beige)(im so glad the color matched my skin since im one of those people who holds the bottle of foundation up to my face and looks in a mirror to see if its the right color :) So i tried the sponge wet, and worked quickly and in areas of my face at a time. well, THAT time, this foundation looked AMAZING! i have some bad acne scars but this foundation covered it ALL up while looking like i have no makeup on, and without feeling heavy. And The icing on the cake was that this foundation stayed on ALL day. Not a few hours, the WHOLE day.