Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 3/3/2009 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Everybody knows it: brush is gigantic. I did mind in the beginning because I'd put mascara all over my skin. But after a couple of times using it, I've gotten used to the brush so I don't mind anymore. It volumizes and lenghtens a lot but it gives a kind of spidery look that I'm not sure to like. Anyway, I like this mascara after all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PRICE: Affordable = 5/5. It was about $6.00 and some change at Wal*Mart.

PACKAGING: Just OK = 2/5. The orange tube is HUGE. It takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag.

COLOR: Perfect! = 5/5. The black is definitely black.

APPLICATION: Pretty easy = 4/5. Yes, the brush is pretty large. But I think this is the secret of this product. It's not made out of the traditional hairbrush-like bristles a mascara normally has. It seems like it's made out of a soft plastic? It was pretty easy for me to apply, both top and bottom lashes.

APPLIED: Lovely = 5/5. My lashes look longer and well seperated. I'm not sure about volume though. But I like a more natural look so I was happy with how it looked. It made look more awake.

Flake and Raccoon test: Fairly Good = 3/5. At the end of the day I did notice a little bit of flaking, which was only noticeable when I looked really close in a mirror with bright lighting. It stayed really well during the day, but at the end of night I had a bit of dark circles. It didn't smudge though (like Great Lash, YUCK!). Maybe I should try the waterproof formula?

OVERALL: Very Good = 4/5. I liked this mascara. However, I have never tried a high end product and I would like to try one of those to compare. I'm not sure it could get much better though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A really reliable mascara that gives buildable volume without clumping and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. Thanks Covergirl.

PROS:
- Intense Deep Black Color
- Doesn't smudge or clump
- Can layer 3 coats without clumps allowing drying time in between
- Makes and holds a curl
- Big brush applies quickly and separates out fans lashes out perfectly
- 12.5ml large size lasts for ages
- Affordable

CONS:
- Big plastic brush pokes my eyes...hard plastic brushes are in vogue but are more likely to introduce eye infections than traditional spoolies

For other people with sensitive eyes, other "safe" mascaras for me I love are Max Factor False Lash Effect, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara, and Living Nature Conditioning Mascara (an all Natural one from Livingnature.com in New Zealand, try the website they ship overseas).

Mascaras to avoid for me are: Maybelline mascaras. Scented mascaras like Christian Dior and Shiseido The makeup. Long-wearing waterproof ones which are difficult to remove and and require loads of the eye-irritating heavy-duty bi-phase eye makeup removers.

I have used a few different mascaras and this is my favorite by far. I have very long eyelashes naturally but they are thin and there aren't many of them. I use an eyelash curler twice then put on about two coats of this mascara and the results are unbelievable; I have even had people stop me on the streets to ask what mascara I use. I can wear it all day and it doesn't flake off or run down my face and its easy to get off with just water.

on 3/1/2009 10:08:00 PM

I ALMOST love this mascara. It volumizes my lashes pretty well, considering the fact that I'm asian. It's a pretty decent basic mascara. The only reason why I'm not giving it a 5 is it lacks that pop factor. It works well but doesn't do anything amazing. Plus it dries up fairly quickly. I'm already on my second tube and I regularly switch up my mascara between 3-4 different brands.

on 3/1/2009 1:37:00 PM

This is an alright mascara I guess. There's not exactly no clumping, but the clumping is minimal and it can be fixed with those tiny eyelash combs.This does a good job at darkening my lashes and extending the length just right. However it doesn't really thicken my lashes much. :(. But overall this really wasnt so bad. Also, it does not flake.

on 3/1/2009 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like this mascara a lot! It so great for building up layers. Its not my favorite mascara though because its not that easy to use. The wand is huge so that takes some getting used to and the handle too. Once you get used to it though its not a big deal to use. I just prefer something different. It darkens your lashes without clumps but it doesnt give me the thickness that I like. I prefer a more dramatic look and I eventually get that but I have to build up a million layers. Its too much work for a mascara. I wish I could rate this a 3.5. Ive heard that the waterproof formula is better so I will try that.

on 3/1/2009 4:11:00 AM

I've heard lots of good reviews about this and decided to try it when I saw it on sale. I like it for when I want more volume for my lashes. I would buy again.

on 3/1/2009 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was sold on this mascara: big, big lashes except it FLAKED! I won't buy this again.

on 2/28/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just used this product for the first time, and I am hooked! Chanel Inimitable Mascara is my usual HG, as it had been the only product I'd ever tried that didn't smugde on my very oily eyelids or flake by mid-day. However, my 2 most recent tubes of Chanel dried out after less than a month and I was ticked, so I decided to try this because it's a lot less $$ and I'd read good things about it on this site. I must say that it works every bit as well as the Chanel does on me (lengthens and thickens with no smudging or flakes AT ALL), and at less than half the price, it's a steal. The only thing I don't like about it is that the fat tube and wand make it a little difficult to handle and get used to at first, but at $7 (on sale) a tube, I'm willing to put up with those things! I think I have my new HG mascara!

Video Reviews & Tutorials