Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 3/8/2009 7:58:00 PM

I have sparse, thin lashes. This does its job by individually coating what little lashes I have rather than depositing ridiculous chunks of mascara that other volume type mascaras tend to do. In other words, it's practical. For that reason, I think that it balances adding enough volume, but not to the point where it sacrifices other factors. Enough volume with no clumping and no smudging. I did take off 1 lippie because the thick brush makes it hard to reach the outer corners. But, I mitigated that by first coating it with Lash Exact to lift and bring out all the lashes, and then another 1-2 coats of this. When I apply mascara before foundation, but after moisturizer, it gives me a chance to wipe smudge off. Thereafter, I don't see any smudges.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have fine, thin, medium-lenth lashes that really need that extra OOMPH factor. So after hearing how many people liked this, i went out and bought it. I took off my Lancome design cils mascara(i never buy department store stuff, that was from the free makeup giveaway thing at macys lol), and put this on. so far, im impressed! it really thickened my lashes, and with a few sipes you can have a more natural look, but you can build it up for a more dramitic look! There was a little bit of clumping, but i used my old lash exact brush to comb it out, and wow! I now have thick, volumized, defined lashes that almost touch my eyebrows! i took off 1 thingymajiger cuz of the little clumping, plus, the brush takes some getting used to. I did get some above my eye, but it came off with a good ol' fingertip with saliva. I think once I get used to the brush, this could be my new fave!

EDIT: After a week or so, this stuff flaked BAD. By 5th period, my lashes looked pretty much the same as before mascara, just darker, and there were a bunch of flakes under my eye. I'm stickin with great lash now.

on 3/7/2009 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I liked this waay better than the waterproof version. It looked less clumpy and didn't flake, unless I accidentally slept it in it or something and rubbed my eyes >___< cause after I wake up, my lids tend to be a little bit oily.

I love the way it made my lashes look but it just didn't hold a curl as well as the waterproof version.. regardless it's a pretty good mascara.

on 3/6/2009 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Definitely one of my absolute favorite mascaras. It builds volume, adds length and holds the curl pretty well. Little to no flaking, no raccoon eyes, no smuding or smearing and very easy to wash off! It's fairly cheap, easy to find and a must have! I ♥ it!

I have used clinique mascara for many years, usually the high impact one. I purchased last blast recently in very black and was very impressed! It gives my lashes more length than the clinique high impact, and stays put without smearing or flaking. I wore the lash blast to work for a 12 hr shift and it looked freshly applied even at the end of my shift! The formula does not clump, I have been using it for about a week now. I bought lash blast to try the 'rubber brush' and would repurchase the product. The brush is bigger than what I am used to, but after using it only twice, I found it easy to use. I will still continue to have my clinique mascara on hand, but this lash blast is a great product and it gives my lashes a more dramatic look than the high impact. I would recommend buying it in very black intsead of just black, to make your lashes darker and add to the more dramatic end result after application.

on 3/5/2009 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've never used CG mascaras before, but had to buy this just to see what the all the hype was about. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. It gave me the volume I'm always looking for in mascaras. It still isn't the best mascara out there, but it's definately worth trying!

on 3/5/2009 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this mascara. My lashes are plentiful and pretty long but they stick straight out and some of them point downward, so I NEED curl. I give them a good curl with my Shu, apply one or two coats and... Wow. Seriously. My lashes are much thicker, longer and very well separated. A lot of people complain about the wand but I didn't have any issues with it, I actually prefer it to many others and think it makes all the difference with this mascara. The formula is good as well, I don't get ANY clumping, smudging or flaking. It could hold a curl better but since it's not waterproof I won't hold that against it.

on 3/4/2009 11:29:00 PM

This product is definitely overrated. It does make my lashes look fuller and longer but not to that extent. What I like about this product is it's buildable and doesn't clump that much. What i don't like is the brush itself. It's WAY too big and can get messy. Packaging itself isn't too appealing either. But overall it's a pretty good mascara.

on 3/4/2009 10:25:00 PM

I think this product has too much hype. iIt does volume well but i felt like my lashes were kind of spidery. I think I need to get used to this.

on 3/4/2009 2:01:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

One of my favorite mascaras, i like the brush though i think it's a little too big and sometimes makes application sloppy when i'm in a rush. Not too clumpy, not too liquidy, just fine. I think the brush bristles have a lot to do with how well this mascara performs, and it washes off very easily with just water, which i like (i don't usually wear waterproof formulas). I only usually put one coat and then touch up the very tips of the lashes very gently for length, so i dont ever have a problem with it flaking, but i would assume if you are used to coating lashes heavily it may flake off throughout the day. I buy different ones now and again but always keep coming back for this one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials