L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 7/29/2004 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the sheer natural finish this gives my N/D very sensitive rosacea skin. Makes my skin look fresh and young, kind of like a tinted moisturizer with slightly more coverage. I did have to buy 2 colors though and mix them which sucks considering there are tons of colors. I ended up mixing c2 and c3 for the perfect color for me. But still a bargain considering I had 2 coupons. Hate the glass bottle; have already dropped a couple of times but to its credit did not break. No fragrance too. Really good for drugstore foundation. UPDATE: Drat this foundation makes my rosacea flare! Grrr. Can't wear longer than about 4 hrs. Glad I didn't spend a lot of money on this though.

on 7/28/2004 3:07:00 AM

I can't remember if I've already written a review for this or not. So this may be my second review.
Anyway, I used this on my face today. On the good part of my face (that would be the cheek area where I'm well-balanced), this gives a good finish. But wherever I'm the slightest bit dry or flaky, this seems to amplify the problem 100x. I have a little bit of flaking on the side of my nose right now, and this makes it look like LAYERS of skin on my nose are falling off. Sort of scary.
On the plus side, there are many shades to choose from. But I probably won't repuchase this.

on 7/22/2004 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This foundation works great with my sensitive breakout-prone skin (currently taking accutane). It provides a nice amount of coverage without looking like you are wearing a lot of foundation. I also really love that I was able to find a very pale warm-toned shade (W1). I have very light skin and the lightest shade in most foundations is still several shades too dark. My only problem is with the packaging. It is AWFUL! The foundation gets clumpy and gross around the top of the bottle. I use a cotton swab to get the foundation out of the bottle, to be more hygienic and to avoid getting makeup all over my fingers. This would be the best foundation ever if L'Oreal would just change the packaging! 05.11.05 Update: I realized that this product started breaking out my skin. Also realized that the texture was rather heavy. Still a great color match for my skin, though, so I changed my rating from a 5 to a 4.

on 7/22/2004 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I get a lot of compliments on my skin when I wear this foundation. I like that it is a little matte but still gives a healthy look to my mostly dry combo skin. The N2 is a great match for me, I love this stuff!

on 7/20/2004 9:34:00 AM

I'm not a great expert on foundations, but what I love about this product is the little plastic sheaf of transparent color swatches in the store that allows you to find the exact color to match your skin. (Look for the color patch that vanishes when you hold it to your cheek. Oh, and lots of stores seem to have had the color swatches stolen: if so, don't bother. That's the whole point.) The color it recommended looked completely wrong in the bottle - too dark, too pink, I would never have bought it - but when I put it on at home, it blended perfectly into my face. That in itself is a miracle! I like how it goes on and it seems to last fine. But definitely the attraction is, as advertized, the shade match. I must have been buying the wrong colors for years!

on 7/16/2004 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this foundation. It started off great (smooth, silky texture that blended well - actually reminded me of Lancome's Adaptive). The coverage is a bit more than Adaptive, which is nice for me. However, a couple hours later, my face became shiny and the pores became accentuated. Not long after that, my face began to turn orangey. Yuck. Time to wash that stuff off. Oh well. The search goes on.

on 7/14/2004 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

UGH! This stuff give me little bumps all over my cheeks and chin. I actually like the coverage, and they had a shade that did match my skin and it lasted long. I didnt want to believe this was breaking me out so I continued to use it..and more bumps came...I stopped using it for about a week and in 2 days they went away. I didnt have any breakouts until I tried to use it the next month, and that very same day - the ugly bumps came right back so I am 100 % sure this was breaking me out
Ladies, if you have sensative and acne prone skin, then I suggest that you dont buy this....but if you dont have acne and you think your skin could handle the ingridents, then give it a try. It's not that expensive , they had a wide variety of color and it does last long...I wish I could use this. continued >>

on 7/9/2004 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a decent foundation. Definetly not the best. For a line that claims to cater to everyone's skintone, I think they've failed. I've tried the warms, neutrals and cools and they were all completely wrong. They were either too orange, pink or red. It looked okay going on but within and hour or two, completely changed colors and I was left looking like something out of a horror movie. Not good at all. The coverage is decent and the texture is great but I'd never buy this again. I've never had luck with Loreals color line. Just doesn't work for me.

on 7/7/2004 3:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This was the perfect color,wrong formula!Can you say oil slick,and I'm not normally oily.MAYBE I could pull this off in the winter but even then I'm not so sure.I was very very disappointed,if not for the Alaskan pipeline spill on my face,this would have been HG.

on 7/5/2004 9:10:00 AM

First let me just say that the complexion gods should grant me a reprieve from acne before the wrinkles set in. If that should not be the case, this is the foundation for me. This doesn't aggravate my combination skin and doesn't settle into fine lines. The first couple of times I wore it, I did have a lot of shine by lunch, so I would recommend a nice powder. I find that this combines well with my T. leClerq translucide powder for a flawless look. Since I've started using this foundation, friends and strangers alike have been complimenting me on my skin, so I won't be changing any time soon!

Video Reviews & Tutorials