September 2, 2014 | 1848 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2004 12:20:00 PM More reviews by hspringer

After using this for a few days I just couldn't stand the "greasy" feeling I had with it...like my skin couldn't breathe. I think the color match was okay, though. Kudos for that! Maybe if you are used to a heavier foundation this would be for you. I want medium coverage, but I don't want it feel heavy. I much prefer Px Virtual Skin...much more expensive but it looks and feels so much better on my skin and is therefore worth the expense to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2004 9:19:00 PM More reviews by emikat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tired this product after hearing great things about it but sadly I was not impressed. I felt like it sat on top of my skin and looked fake. I could see the lines of makeup and even a small rub on fabric made it come off. It is inexpensive, but I don't think that it is worth the hype.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2004 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sorry L'Oreal, there was no true match for me! I tried the N2 tester and it blended in really well, so I bought the full size. (W2 was too orange and C2 too pink). Unfortunately, when I put in on my whole face the next day and went outside, I was a glowing peachy pink! No good with my pale olive neck. After a few hours, I got really shiny - not oily shiny, but kind of like plasticy shiny; probably from the silicone. Also, when I took my makeup off, I had to try twice and scrub, which I never have to do. The tiny shimmer particles really stick to your skin.

Although this was not for me, YMMV, since other that the odd shiney part, the finish is pretty nice and silky, and does have a nice luminous effect. If I could find a color match, I probably would use this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2004 9:36:00 PM More reviews by SKiser

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. It did everything that it claims, covers beautifully, blends impeccably(must be very fast tho) and kept me pretty shine free most of the day. However, at the end of the day my face started to itch. I could actually feel pimples starting. Next morning, yup, bunch of pimples all over. Oh well, nice concept but if you have sensitive skin you should avoid this like the plague!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2004 12:27:00 PM More reviews by walshop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for about a week and even though I am breakout prone, it has not caused any problems so far. I tried it because it is the first time I have found foundation testers in cVS drugstore, and with so many shades I figured for once i could find a match - and I did. It looks very natural, goes on smoothly and has good staying power. Does not accentuate my large pores. I actually didn't need any touchups yesterday during the day and I *always* do. Tentatively saying this is the best foundation I have tried, and I have a drawerful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2004 10:36:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Just began using this and so far so good. Love the natural, pretty way it makes my skin look with minimal effort as the name suggests when blending. My skin does tend to be oily, and this might make it more so, I'll have to see......So far though, I love the way it looks and the wonderful huge color range (cools and warms, very smart as some have yellow undertones, some pinkish). Seems to be good with my other makeup too, just want to see if it lasts long and will update soon.

UPDATE
Doesn't become appreciably oilier and seems to have pretty good staying power too, a plus for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 6:48:00 PM More reviews by yourprincessleah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i just got this last night in exchange for the max factor colour adapt and so far, i love this. i love the texture, so smooth and blends easily. i am pretty pale with pinkish undertones, so i chose the lightest one, c1 and that seems to work well. my only real grip is the packaging, but for a great drugstore foundation ill deal with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2004 12:25:00 PM More reviews by avonstef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I always look kinda funny in foundation because I am VERY pale with red undertones. I got this in cool ivory and it is perfect! Pinky/Pale and makes my skin look perfect! LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Linnybee

I have to say I am extremely pleased with the results of this foundation! I had somewhat low expectations, since I've never been satisfied with a drugstore foundation before. I am awful at picking out colors, so I had the sweet girl who works at my drugstore find the best shade for me. We decided on C2, and it blended right in! I heard from MUA this foundation looks bad on flakey skin, so I made sure to exfoliate and moisturize well last night. Then this morning I applied a moisturizer and a bit of silicone primer, and blended the True Match on top with a makeup sponge. It blended in perfectly and my skin looked practically flawless! I hesitate to call this a HG, but this is definately the best foundation I've found to date. :) I've never purchased a department store foundation, so I'm leaving the possibility open that there might be something better out there. This is definately top of the line as far as drugstore foundations go, and I've tried them all.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2004 11:15:00 AM More reviews by LisaLou099

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm still on the fence with this one. Since I've started using it, I've been breaking out a little, but it could be from a new cleanser I'm using. Anyway, the color matches my skin perfectly. I got N2 for my NC20 skin. It blends like a dream and feels so smooth once its set with powder. The coverage can be either sheer or full, depending on how much you use. My only complaint is the packaging...I would prefer a pump for sanitary reasons. Great drugstore foundation and you can't beat the price!

UPDATE: (2/19/04) Like the many other reviewers, this broke me out!! Really wish it didn't because I loved the way it looked so much!! Oh well...went back to my Jane Stay Calm and my skin is acting better now!