L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 11/11/2004 10:55:00 PM

I luv'd this product! i've been searching for a drugstore foundation that I can use everyday and I think I've found it. The price $8.39 seemd a bit steep fut normal. I tried W7 and W8 and W8 seemed a tad bit to orange though I could of pulled it off, It may be great for the summer. I wound up going with W7, it was perfect! When I put it on it blened evenly and smooth. I couldnt even tell I had put it on it was so perfect,it smoothed out my blemishes and made my face look really natural without all the caky makeup look. It feels very light and I have had no problem with oilyness or break outs. My only set-back is that I wish the packaging was a little bigger and that maybe the foundation could feel a little more moisturized. But its okay as long as you put moisturizer on first.

Though its not for everyone I would buy this again.

on 11/9/2004 3:47:00 PM

I am always on the lookout for the perfect foundation/tinted moisturizer and have tried everything!!

Color: 5 lippies. My PPP (NC 15 - 20) complexion is tough to match and I don't like heavy coverage. True Match N1 (soft ivory) is the best match I have ever found! (FYI: Clinique Superfit petal is close too, but is less matte and provides more coverage.)

Texture/Coverage: 3 lippies. The texture is very lightweight, but the coverage is fairly opaque and matte. I have combination skin, but I am reviewing this product in Colorado in the late fall so...the conditions are very dry. Generally, I would prefer something a bit more sheer, but the color is such a good match I will make do & maybe dilute with a little moisturizer.

Package: 3 lippies. eh. Not great, not horrible. I would have preferred a pump or a tube, but at least I can recycle the glass bottle when I'm done.

on 11/9/2004 12:15:00 PM

I'm an asian with light oliver skin, oily prone acne skin, but since it sometime turns a bit red, so i decided to go for the natural line instead of the warmth line. I first got it in N3 (natural buff), it was wayyy too dark for me. Then I went switched to N2 (classic ivory), a bit too light and not yellow enough to match my neck. But well, I can deal with that.. dust little bit of powder will fix that part. I always like foundation that is light & sheer, yet provide little bit of coverage, but doesnt look very matte completely. When I was trying it out on my hand, i thought I had a winner. It felt soo smooth, very blendable. But when really using on my face, it makes me felt like an oil slick in 4 - 5 hours. Feel so heavy and uncomfy. I don't know if this is just Loreal, cos so far I only have this same problem with LOreal foundations (i've tried ideal balance, air wear, etc) they all turned to quite oily and heavy within few hours. And it doesn't contain SPF at all, so I can only use it during late evening or night. I will keep using it till I'm done with this bottle probably as it hasnt broke me out at all so far. But won't repurchase for sure. Glad I only paid less than $4 for it (and it came with a free eyeshadow base), so I didn't really lose much money on it. continued >>

This foundation went on silky, and felt good on my face. It did emphasize some of my dry areas.
Soft Ivory was a bit light, not a perfect match.
After wearing for six hours, it had worn off and looked a bit cakey. I have combo skin, with an oily T-zone. This may work on someone who has normal skin.

Edited to add:
I decided to give this another chance, and used it several more times, and now I really like it!
The color isn't a perfect match, so I may look for a slightly darker shade. I love putting this on! It goes on smoothly, and feels nice on my face. Maybe I was having a bad face day when I first tried it. It looks good and stays pretty well throughout the day. Now, it's a keeper! Anyone else that disliked this- give it another try! You may change your mind, like I did!

Edited To Add: After trying another shade, I found N2- Classic Ivory, which works well for me. I know that I'm a *cool*, but I couldn't bring myself to buy one of the cool tones. They look way too pink, so I went with a neutral. Still loving this! It looks very natural, like I'm not even wearing foundation. You can't beat that!

on 11/3/2004 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It gets a 3 only because it smooths on skin and blends like a dream.
It broke me out with huge acne cyst's.
A definite no-no use again.

I am so glad I just bought the little vial sizes for trial before I bought.
It's not for me.
The bottle is really hard to use too.
Needs better packaging.
Aside from the acne for me....it's a good blending product and covers very well.
Sad...another good product I can't use.

on 11/2/2004 8:09:00 PM

I was very disappointed in this product. I bought in to the whole "true match" idea. Unfortunately, I did not find my match, after trying several colors (they have foundation samples). In addition, the coverage was too sheer and I found the product cakey.

on 10/27/2004 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't like this very much. The coverage was too light...I needed a lot to really feel as if I had any on. Would be a good ideal to use concealer first. In my shade (Cocoa) the color was too yellow-toned. So it didn't 'Match' very well at all.

on 10/25/2004 8:40:00 PM

This stuff broke me out after one day. Considering it didn't even stay on all day that's pretty annoying.

on 10/21/2004 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite d/s foundation. I found a great colormatch for my post-summer LLL/MMM cool skin tone in creamy natural. I love the medium coverage, the creamy texture, and how it doesn't settle into my fine lines. No oil control, but I don't mind touching up. Also, it doesn't make my dry areas drier or clog my pores.

My only problem with this is that I like to put a light concealer on dark spots BEFORE fndn for the most natural look, and this completely removes it, no matter how careful I am.

Edit 1/22/5 - This seems really "wet" to me, so I haven't really been using it anymore.

Although I did find a good color match (W2) for my MAC NC20 skin, this formula didn't work for me, as it is too sheer, didn't help any with the oilies, and settled into pores. I'm giving it a 4 because of the color selection and that someone with normal skin might really like this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials