July 31, 2014 | 1828 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by GayLynn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh man, this stuff made my face look and feel great, but also broke me out. I haven't had a zit for months. Then tried this and have 5. I'm so bummed because the texture and color match was perfect.Not to mention the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2004 6:27:00 PM More reviews by kirinr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i loved the way this foundation looked on me but it broke me out really bad!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2004 2:35:00 PM More reviews by DeedeeL

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate to rain on the True Match parade, since I thought that I had stumbled into foundation heaven when I tried this. I was wrong. I have to see my derm now because of this stuff. I believe it to be the best-covering, lightest feeling, easiest blending, pore-minimizing foundation I have ever tried. I loved loved loved it. My skin did not. I conclude it was the sodium chloride- oh why oh why does this foundation need salt people? (Same gripe I had with another contendah, Revlon's CSN- also salty). Can't you geniuses make it w/o the sodium chloride? Anyway, the bottle is ridiculous-like the old UD nail polish bottles (or Caboodles) but who cares. If you aren't breakout prone, give it a shot- you may be missing your HG for $8.99. I won't be touching it again though. PS, it's one of those slow-to-break-you-out things- it took 4 days to show up on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2004 1:14:00 PM More reviews by BluegrassBabe

Ok, so I've only just bought this foundation, I couldn't wait to review it! I'm excited. It seems to be a great match for me in C2. I orginally thought I'd be a N2, but asked my husband to tell me which swatch disapeared into my skin and what shade he thought I was, and being unbiased and naieve as to what N, C, W, even mean in a foundation he said C2 was a perfect match for me, that he couldn't even see it at all on my skin. HE WAS RIGHT! WOOHOO! The coverage seems to be about average, good for everyday. It doesn't magnify my dry patches and does smooth over my pores. I like it lots. :) If it continues like this, it may be my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2004 9:48:00 AM More reviews by helaina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in "Light Ivory W2" and it is the best color match I've found yet in a foundation. I like the clear glass bottle that actually let me see the color of the product in the store, unlike so many foundations with cloudy bottles.

The first day I applied the foundaiton I stuck a q-tip in the bottle and applied a sheer application on my face over moisturizer. The makeup looked fantastic but lasted all of an hour. The next day I skipped the moisturizer and slathered the foundation on rather thickly. It lasted the whole day and covered many of my imperfections; I didn't need to use nearly as much concealer as I do when I apply Maybelline True Illusion or Age Defying foundation. My skin is pale but has lots of red spots from previous blemishes (once I've had a blemish it takes about a year for the spot to fade from my skin). My skin has been very dry this winter and my dry spots were very noticeable under the foundation. It's a worthwhile tradeoff since this foundation covers so well and really does blend perfectly with my skin tone. This is a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2004 1:00:00 AM More reviews by JennRB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really impressive for a drugstore foundation (or any one for that matter). It covers well yet doesn't look heavy or cakey whatsoever. The finish is beautiful: light to medium coverage with a soft matte effect. I bought W2 and was worried it would be too light, but it turned out to be a good match for me (LM Warm Ivory, MAC C2/C3). **Edit** I am going to take this back to Walgreen's...I thought W2 was a good match, but it was too light. W3 was noticably too dark for me. I also disliked the fact that it wore off my oilier areas in about 3 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2004 11:56:00 AM More reviews by freddkelly

I bought this yesterday and tried it this morning! It looks great! The coverage is superb and it smoothed on like silk!! I was very mad at L'Oreal for discontinuing Translucide. So far this looks like it makes up for it!! I hope I don't break out..or get any wierd dry patches as I have sensitive skin. I will update later on that. I bought the color in N2 which so far looks very natural in regular daylight. We will see if it turns later.. I guess maybe I should have waited a day or two before writing this review but I can always update later... So far it's a keeper!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2004 7:53:00 AM More reviews by TallicaMommy

I may be jinxing myself, but I may have found my Holy Grail foundation! I bought the sample back in light for $1.63 at Walmart. Actually, all three (W1, N1, and C1) could possibly work for me, but N1 is an absolutely perfect match for me! It glides on so easy, and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing foundation at all. Yet, it provides enough coverage that my face looks flawless. I've had no breakouts either. I'm definitely purchasing the full size bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2004 3:41:00 PM More reviews by DebraSD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Warm neutral worked great for my skin tone, however, I did not like the fact that it seemed to dry quickly, making it difficult to blend in. It's a sheer foundation, which I like, but I started to break out on my cheeks . I wish it would have worked for me because I really loved the price! In addition, my skin started to feel a bit greasy by mid afternoon. Unfortunately, I returned the foundation to Target. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2004 1:25:00 PM More reviews by bluebutterfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never written a review before, but I have to now because this foundation is the absolute best foundation I have every used in my life. I swear to you I am a foundation junkie. I've tried almost every foundation out there, both high-end and low-end.

But here's the truth...I would pay a lot of money for this foundation. First of all, the amount of colors is phenomenal so there's no problem finding a match for your skin. And even so, at $8.99 a bottle, you can mix a couple of colors together to get a good match if you have to.

But most of all, this foundation just makes your skin look healthy and luminous and natural. It glides on, blends in, and dries to a nice natural finish. I have super oily skin, so I do get shiny after a few hours, but it holds up well to blotting papers. You know what, I don't even need to use concealer when I use this foundation. And for blush, I used to use a lot of blush, but now I just use a slightly darker color on the apples of my cheeks and I'm good to go, I don't even need powder. You just have to try it. I will repurchase again. Way to go L'Oreal.