September 15, 2014 | 1663 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2004 2:35:00 PM More reviews by splukeu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. Usually it is pretty hard for me to get a match in drugstore foundation, but this was great - didn't change color towards the end of the day. Like it says, it is super blendable. I applied it with a foundation brush and got a great finish. My skin is prone to breakouts, but I haven't used this long enough to determine how my skin will react.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found a perfect color match with this foundation. I have somewhat pale skin with a pinkish undertone and most foundations are too yellow or orange on my skin. For years I have been using two or more foundations and creating a custom color every morning (and really who has time for that?) Anyway, C2 in Natural Ivory is a perfect color for me, and the sheerness of this foundation makes it super blendable. Has not broken me out at all (fingers crossed). The low price means that I can get another shade or two for blending if my skin is more uneven than usual on some days (maybe I just secretly love to blend?). Thumbs up for me on this foundation!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 12:46:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an awful product! Although I did like the testers in the store; it was very easy to find the correct color. I wear a W2 because the W3 was much too dark/orangey on my MAC C3 skin. It feels very heavy and has a tendency to settle in fine lines. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Starness

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

True Match Foundation.

Warning: This is the worst!!! I used to think this was the best ever, It tore my skin up!!!Blackheads and blemishes everywhere and I havent used anything different, I thought it was in my head but then I tried this by itself and BAM more zits! 4 other girls on the Skin board say the same thing! Do not buy!

continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2004 11:13:00 PM More reviews by acongojada

Well, the color match on this one is really good. I put it on in the morning, and I had a very busy day, and I noticed that when I used a tissue to wipe my nose (have a cold) it looked like all of my foundation was on the tissue. Sure enough, when I looked in the mirror, none was left on my face by my nose. wow it comes off really easy. Also made my t-zone look extremely shiny very quickly. It's a no go for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2004 4:51:00 AM More reviews by goweezergirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

W3 was a perfect match for me and as many have mentioned this foundation has a wonderful feel to it. It is light but gives a wonderful matte finish. The perfect foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2004 1:36:00 PM More reviews by missuslisa

At last a foundation that matches my skin, stays put & doesn't cause break outs! I have found my HG of foundations. The feeling is very silky, so it is easy to blend with other colors if necessary to find your TRUE MATCH. If you have trouble finding a color match in the store go to L'Oreal's website and they will help you find one. $8-10 is not a lot of money, especially for a quality product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by bottlered

First of all..kudos to L'Oreal for providing testers of this foundation - great idea. Soft Ivory, or N1, is as close to a perfect match as I'm ever going to get from a foundation. I thought I would be disappointed in the coverage vs. my former L'Oreal favorite, the original (but d/c) QuickStick in the same color. Instead I've been very pleased, because the coverage is more buildable than 99% of other foundations.

I took off a lipstick in my overall rating due to True Match's lack of sunscreen; this leaves the new QuickStick as L'Oreal's only option with titanium dioxide SPF (for those sensitive to Octinoxate). It also has a slight tendency to emphasize flaky areas. But, as I've experienced with other foundations, that's the tradeoff for a formula with buildable coverage. And I'd prefer a plastic bottle to a glass one, for portability. But I'm guessing that, since most L'Oreal liquid foundations are packaged in glass bottles, their chemists must have a reason for it.

True Match can be applied succesfully with a sponge, a foundation brush, or fingers. It takes a while to dry down; that's why L'Oreal is marketing it as "super-blendable." This is fine, as it gives people who need to mix shades a chance to do so before the foundation "seizes up" and won't budge.

I have only been using it for a couple of days, so I'm not sure whether my skin will break out or become sensitive to True Match. So far, so good.

P.S. - N1 goes well with L'Oreal's Airwear Concealer in Light and Clinique Transparency #8 Loose Powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2004 8:18:00 AM More reviews by melanier

I really wanted to like this, but it was disappointing. I found a decent color match, but the formula itself is just too thin and streaky. Also, being around $10 for such a small bottle of drugstore brand foundation just doesn't make it worth it. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2004 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Misteza

I got this in W4. So far, so good. It's been about one week since I've started using this. I use this for simple days. I haven't used a liquid in years. I don't think they could get any closer with my color though. I am a MAC NC35/40 depending on the time of year & how much sun I get.