September 20, 2014 | 1777 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by beautyinsider88

Def HG material for me!!! Idk why I keep going out and trying other foundations when the colorstay is everthing I need!! It's the BEST foundation at keeping my oillies at bay, soft flawless finish and awesome coverage as I have some red areas on my face. I own Mac studio fluid as well and it doesn't even compare, sitting out a 100+ degree softball games mac melts real quick while good ole CS stays in place and no shinyness!!!! LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ericaa

This is definitely my new go-to foundation. It provides perfect coverage and feels nice and soft. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by xhelenfitzx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

i totally love this stuff and think its my HG! id heard so many mixed reviews on it and thought i should just give it a shot and im so glad i did! it goes on so smoothly, blends great, covers imperfections, all with a flawless finish. im the very first shade, ivory, and its a perfect match. the colour range is really great. the price is good considering the quality of the product. the packaging is alright. its a shame theres no pump but usualy i can pour a bit onto my sponge ok but sometimes too much can come out and it feels kinda like a waste. overall this is the best foundation ive ever used! deffinitely will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by erciliah2929

I have searched and searched for a foundation that is good, and until I discovered this one, I was disappointed. This is a very good formula that matches my skin tone perfectly and does not break me out. Perfect for my Latin skin tone. As for the bottle, it does suck and what I did was take my old empty olay moisturizer pump and disassemble it and put it in there and now I have a pump lol. It gets too messy in the original packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by mjhdesign

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with Revlon Colorstay. In my opinion it's better than Studio Fix (which oxidizes on me plus broke me out, I regret buying it). BUT as others have mentioned, the bottle having no pump is a big draw back. It wasn't a big deal to me until one evening when I was in a rush and boy, does that open mouth bottle get messy. Hated it. I've done research on this, and this foundation comes with a pump in Japan (no fair!) and the original US bottles used to have a pump (why oh why did they change that??). On Youtube there are videos about buying an airless pump bottle off of eBay and transferring the foundation into that, but I found those bottles ugly and cheap looking (I'm a designer; packaging means a lot to me). So instead, I just bought one of the old formula bottles with the pump, emptied & cleaned it out with hot soapy water & a lot of q-tips. The old formula bottles are beautiful, so much better in comparison. I love it and I will keep reusing it until Revlon *hopefully* updates their current packaging.

Also note that the pump from the old bottle does not fit the new ones, which is why I did a full transfer. A MAC pump won't fit either.

I want to suggest all us girls who love ColorStay to WRITE to Revlon through their website about the lack of a pump. I really feel that could make a difference. Maybe we can get the pump back.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by iraerae830

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this foundation for around 6 months and I really love it. It gives a really nice coverage and natural look. i wear it almost every day (i don't wear it on the days that i have nowhere to go) and it does not break me out. I use the combination to oily skin one and it works great. i use powder over it to help with my oily skin bc alone (for me) it doesnt keep the oil away all day. i wish it had a pump but other than that its really good stuff :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by deedeetaylor8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up today in Ivory (Combination/Oily formula), and so far so good! I have a skin condition called rosacea, which makes my face red, and it covers it up quite well! A little redness is still left behind, but I get that with any foundation. I only need a dot to cover my entire face, so I think it will last me quite awhile. It blends in quite well, and dries to a matte finish. I think I'm going to order a Sigma brush, because I've read it leaves a more flawless finish, but I think you would get that with any brand of foundation. One other great thing is you can use it as a liquid concealer. By concentrating more product on my dark circles, and any spots left behind, it gives a nice finish. However, if you need the heavy concealer coverage, go buy a separate concealer. This costs $14.99 CAD at my local Walmart, so it's quite decent price-wise. The one pitfall is that it smells quite bad, but since it's the best drugstore foundation I've ever used (tied with Maybelline Superstay), I can get past that. Will definitely purchase again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by TishaWithLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Revlon ColorStay Foundation. Even though I have my MAC Studio Fix Fluid I keep coming back to this product. You cannot beat the price, quality, and the ColorStaying power of this product. It comes in a lot of shades for normal and combination/ oily skin.

I use this product in 310 Warm Golden for Combination/ Oily skin. This product is not heavy at all compared to Revlon Photo Ready. It is smooth and it doesnt dry too fast for me unless Im using my MAC 187 brush.

I wish this foundation came with a pump. This will forever ne my "go to" foundation. I highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by mphilip429

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading so many wonderful reviews about this product, I decided to purchase it myself and I have to say I am very pleased. It is a liquid foundation yet it feels very light on the skin. The finish is beautiful, makes skin beat to perfection.
    I am an African American woman and this, in my opinion, has the best variety of shades for darker women. I've tried L'oreal true match and even the darkest shade was still too light. I am a NW 45 for reference and Cappucino is the perfect shade for me.

It does dry quickly so work fast with it but it goes on like a dream. It also smells nice and its long lasting.

However what I have noticed about this foundation is that it seems to get darker over a couple hours. Only slightly though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lovesyndie

I switched to using this from MAC studio fix fluid (NC30) due to breaking out!! So far, Colorstay has not broken me out on my acne-prone skin! The coverage is very similar to SFF and covers all my post inflammatory acne hyper-pigmentation very well! I also find that the colour shade Golden Beige matches my skin more so than SFF (which was too yellow for me even though I am Asian). Blends very well except that it does dry more quickly so it is best to do small sections of your face to achieve a nice blend! I still use MAC pressed powder in NC30 over this foundation so give me a glow since it does have a bit of yellow undertones. Staying powder is very good, even after 12 hours of use! I took a photo at the end of the day to see if there was any shine or needed any touch ups and I was surprised to find that it looked as fresh as it did at the beginning of the day and I have oily skin!! (I used the combo/oily formula). Some CONS about this product is that in Australia, they don't have the shade Golden Beige!!! I had to order it from eBay after some extensive research of the closest shade match to NC30! This product does not come with a pump so it can get messy each time you apply, so transferring the product into a pump bottle is the best bet and you won't waste product! I hope Revlon designs a pump bottle for this awesome foundation!!