December 23, 2014 | 1553 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lincra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always get suckered in by those colorful displays. ::sigh:: Unfortunately most of the time they end up being disappointing. This is an exception. It's one of the better mascaras I've tried lately. I purchased Glam Black which as another reviewer noted has a very slight blueish undertone. I have used this both over Great Lash and alone and got very good results both times. Another plus is the color definitely makes it easy to find in my makeup bag. It's above average but not the best I've ever used. Sorry not HG status.
EDIT: The more I use it the more I like it. May have to eat my previous words about it not being HG status.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by goodbyexxkitty

This is probably my new favorite mascara! I have pretty short thin lashes and this really gives me a lot of volume and length and doesn't clump on me at all. I do have to layer it a few times, but I really don't mind since I have to do that with all mascaras. It stays on well throughout the day with no smudging or flaking. I haven't noticed a smell like some people have mentioned, then again I never really sniff my mascara when I put it on. I would certainly repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by blueflamingo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I'm a sucker for bright colors and fat tubes. The endcap display at Wal Mart always catches my attention, and at $5.96 I figured this was worth a try. I bought the Classic Black. My HG has been Cover Girl Lashblast and I look for volume over length. I tried the Colossal, liked it, but decided to try an eye by eye comparison before reviewing. Only a slight difference with the edge going to the Colossal. A little more fullness, more definition (easier to get the inner and outler lashes w/ this brush), less clumping (although hardly any in either case), and a little softer. The Colossal is definitely wetter going on, and has a slight rose scent. I have a very sensitive nose and know what other reviewers are talking about, but I didn't notice any scent after it dried. After the second use today I hardly noticed the scent. No flaking or smudging while wearing (and I have really oily skin around my eyes), but after washing off the smudges underneath my eyes were harder to remove.

Definitely a bargain at the price and now I have to go and get the Glam Black. Probably my new HG. Give it a try!

Edit: After using this for two weeks in hot and humid weather, I like it better than ever. Never notice the smell and great brush for hunting out little lashes. No smudging!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by akanesama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only thing "colossal" about this mascara is the scent! It didn't do anything for my lashes. I'll stick with CoverGirl Volume Exact.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by nikkifreakinnb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS LOVE. seriously. Glam Black is my favorite! i can't believe i was able to find this mascara with such an amazing performance for under $5. that's just insane! i know that you won't get very much volume from one application and i usually apply about 3-4 coats of mascara (for ALL of them) and my lashes looked huge this morning. everyone kept complimenting that i had fabulous lashes and a lot of them thought i was wearing fake lashes too. but i'll consider that as a compliment. (haha)

i actually didn't mind the fragrances, it wasn't too strong for me. the brush is oversized and magnificent! in one swoop, i had big lashes. the only thing that i wished was different would have to be the size of the mascara. it's on the small side compared to all of my other HG mascaras like the telescopic line but for $5, i'm not complaining.

Seriously-- ladies, if you want HUGE lashes... get this! apply more than 2-3 coats and you'll see a difference.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mtack

Bought this mascara in Glam Black (deep back with blueish undertones) not a true dark black. One layer did nothing, only when I applied the 5 layer I could see some kind volume. This mascara also has a weird strong scent that gave me a headache. In summary, there is nothing "Colossal" about this mascara. Only wore it for two days and went straight to the trash!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Risa01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. That is all I can say. Yes, this mascara can be clumpy if you are not careful, but the final effect is incredible. It is like Diorshow for results but holds a curl and is only $6!! I absolutely love it. I don't think I will need to wear fakes for evening anymore. The packaging is quite hideous, but I will surely be able to find it quickly in my stash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was just okay for me. I have this in glam black and I love its darkness and glossiness. I also like the big brush. It holds a curl pretty well too. No smudging or flaking all day either. However, on it's own, it didn't do much for my lashes but make them really dark and just a bit thicker. But when I layer this over a base or over another mascara like Lash Exact, it looks really good. The smell is a bit strong and I swear I could still smell it throughout the day on my lashes. But I'm not repulsed by the smell so it didn't bother me too much. Not sure if I'll repurchase. **EDIT** I think mine might be drying out just a bit but it seems to work alot better. Amazing volume without using a base. On the downside, it flakes towards the end of the day. I end up with flakes under my eyes and on my cheeks. Not cool.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by tigerfan728

On my 2nd tube! Love the stuff and the issues with the smell...they must be listening b/c I am not smelling anything with tube #2!
hoping for a waterproof version soon!

Bought it after seeing the display...dang endcaps @ WalMart!

I love this stuff! My lashes are long, full and lush. The formula is great, and I love a good "wet" mascara!! Build-up is easy and my lashes looked false and great! No smudging or flaking all day long!

I do notice the smell but only as I put it on then its gone; kinda a flowery smell, but nothing to make me not use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 1:35:00 AM More reviews by meme222122

LOVE IT!!!!!! i usually use loreal voluminous but i decided to try something new and i think i like this better because of the brush. it is like one of those huge teddybear brushes, nice and fat but the bristles are nice and hard to keep your lashes separate but coated. It does a great job at giving volume and lift, much better than the regular volume express. I also do not get any clumps like i occassinally get with voluminous, i have been using this for about a week now and love it. if you need volume like I do, i have thin but long lashes, then you will love this product. the price alone is worth trying b/c if you do not like it its not like you have spent over $20.