October 23, 2014 | 1186 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by dots1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this product because it gave me what I was looking for in a drugstore brand mascara. It kinda remeinds me of the two faced lash injection as some others have also said about this product. I love the brush although it is hard to get to the inner lashes. It made my lashes look full and shiny and I personally loved it. Also the packing is fun so thats great...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by mrsvixen89

I couldnt help but buy this and i wish i would have saved my $6 for gas. It did nothing special whatsoever, i cant compare it to the regular volum express because i never tried it but i know that i will never buy this again.
*EDIT*: I guess i didnt give this a fightning chance really. I've been using this for the past week or so and honestly its been great. It's easy to build volume and it gives me the dramatic look i crave. Ive been getting compliments too! Not my HG however, but I just might purchase this again :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really do like this, gives long thick lashes. Can be clumpy and goes bad quickly though...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by JStringberg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

While shopping last night in CVS, I couldn't help but notice a huge display packed with wands of yellow mascara. I've been really happy with my MF 2000 Calorie after finding my way back to it because I believe I've tried all (if not, most) high end ones from department stores but didn't find a HG that lasted very long.

After promising myself that I would not purchase anymore mascara, well again, that yellow tube kept calling my name, and I'm glad it did.

This mascara is nothing short of a miracle because while I have long lashes, I love them to appear even longer and have lots of volume and this offers both, separates well, and it's like mascara magic---think of watering a plant and watching it grow right in front of your eyes :). Applied it today and it's very humid here in NYC and it hasn't smudged, budged or flaked---2 words, LOVE IT. It's not pricey, and the only reason I didn't give it a "5" as an overall rating is because, no item IMHO is perfect in every way though this comes darn close and I may just up that number after wearing it for another week.

Update: After now wearing this mascara for a week, I am giving it a perfect rating, not something I do easily and certainly not something I'd ever find myself doing with a mascara. I have turned several people onto Colossal and they share my love for it, and while not everyone will agree, I think it's worth a shot. I wanted to also add that it holds a great curl and I no longer even need to use an eyelash curler. I am wearing 1-2 coats and I have the lashes I've always longed for so I've stocked up on Glam Black and am so excited to have finally found my miracle mascara.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by juicyglamsweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK I SAW THIS AT WALMART AND I HAD TO GET IT. I BROUGHT GLAM BLACK. UPON FIRST TRY I WASNT THAT IMPRESSES BUT MY MASCARA FROM EARLIER WASNT COMPETELY OFF SO I DECIDED TO TRY THE COLOSSAL ON ONE EYE AND LOREAL LASH ARCHIECT (MY HG) ON THE OTHER EYE. UPON REVIEW I NOTICED WHY THE MAYBELLINE MASCARA WAS CALLED GLAM BLACK. IT MADE MY LASHES SHINY. IT MADE MY LASHES FULL AND THICK IT DIDNT LEGTHEN ALL THAT GREAT THOUGH BUT ID DID MAKE ME LOOK LIKE I HAD FALSE LASHES ON. IN COMPARISON TO THE LOREAL MASCARA I NOTICED HOW DRY AND BRITTLE LOREAL MADE MY LASHES LOOK. THE MAYBELLINE MASCARA MADE MY LASHES SHNY SOFTT AND FULL.. ****THIS IS NOW MY HG MASCARA****.....THIS MASCARA REMINDS ME OF TOO FACED LASH INJECTION AND THEY BOTH HAVE COLLAGEN AND THIS ONE IS LESS THAN HALF THE PRICE OF TOO FACED.....AS SOMEONE ELSE STATED THE BRISTLES R A LITTLE POINTY BUT THEY DONT GET IN THE WAY..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by heatherpl

i went to my super Walmart yesterday and i walked by this huge display of these new mascaras and the tubes are bright florescent yellow where you cant miss the product. it says Collossal volume express New with collagen in it but they didnt have waterproof ones out yet but they will soon. the two colors i saw were Glam Black and Classic Black. i dont know the difference but i got Glam black and there was no difference in the black regular mascara shades you see didnt add no sparkle or anything but it did plump my lashes like it said on the box, flake free and didnt dry my lashes out, also lengthens and added longness to my lashes which i love i think this mascara works for me. i added like 2 coats and i looked like i had fake lashes which looked really lovely. another Huge rave for Maybelline to come out with this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've liked other maybelline mascara's so when I saw this I figured it would be fun to try for the price. The brush is an old fashioned teddy bear brush and very large. This macara did nothnig for me at all. It clumped and flaked and it looked crunchy and did not wear well at all.I didn't get volume or length. It smelled bizarre, yeasty, almost like baking bread or something and I am not at all scent sensitive, but the smell of this really turned me off bigtime. The only good thing about this is the true dark black color, other than that this was a big loser for me. Back to L'oreal's telescopic once again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

With this chartreuse-yellow and purple tube, I totally thought this was a Cosmopolitan-themed mascara! The brush is the old-fashioned (not the soft bristles like in VolumeExact, etc.) kind, but huge. It does a good job of thickening, and it seemed to lengthen my lashes (though it doesn't seem to have done that for anyone else). Despite the 90+ degree weather yesterday, this didn't slip and slide down my face, nor did it flake. A second coat gave me wowie volume - and I totally got a compliment on my lashes while wearing this. Since it was only about 7.00 at CVS, I'll keep buying it.

In case you're "scent-sitive" you should be aware that this mascara does have a powerful (for mascara) smell, kind of like contact lens fluid or computer toner. Not bad, but... weird. It's gone when the mascara is dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Two thumbs up for the packaging of this mascara. I like the last reviewer was attracted by the fetching bright metallic yellow and purple tube and display of this. Being a huge fan of the original Volum' Express mascaras, I was again a sucker to try this. The package claims that your lashes will be increased to over 9x their usual size. Well, needless to say, this is a hefty claim to make and no, I don't look like I'm wearing falsies on my eyes. Anywho, while this is pretty good at thickening (didn't add any length), I don't see the 9x claims come to fruition. I love the previous versions of this, which was copied from the French Gemey mascaras of the late eighties, early nineties. I only gave this a four because I did notice some clumping and minor smudging. However, sometimes when a tube is new, you get excess product over the top which can cause overload onto your brush. I got this in Glam Black, which was another thing I was attracted to when buying this. Not a bad product, but not the best mascara I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by nabaztag

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Being a mascara junkie, I stalked 3 Walmarts before finding this bright yellow and purple tube. Cute display, sort of in the shape of a 6-and-a-half foot tube of mascara. Of course I bought it.
It comes in 2 shades of black, I got the Glam Black version, which is a shiny, shiny true black. My experience with this somehow resulted in longer, slightly more voluminous lashes. I'm not a fan of the original Volum' Express, but I got this based on the reviews and thinking, 'What the heck, it's just $5.94.'
The consistency is a little thin, so as soon as I blinked my super long lashes smeared mascara under my brows. Maybe it'll thicken up a bit as it dries out in a couple of weeks.
I was hoping for a dupe of the DiorShow, since that's my current love-hate mascara (love the result, hate the price and the fact that the tube dries up in under a month). This is like a less volumizing DiorShow. The brush is also a bit more spiky/pointy than most mascaras, so it poked my waterline a bit. Thank goodness it's a regular brush, about DiorShow size, not the koosh ball type.
Right now the best thing about this is the color of the tube (told you I was a junkie :P ) It'll definitely wake me up in the morning.